• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Everwood - The unique ORPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
-MeKC is working in a Full Screen System.
-I write in JASS/vJASS, it depends on which mood i'm in. Spells are almost 100% vJASS. Systems are JASS. The rest of the spells will be vJASS'ified soon. So will the systems. MeKC writes in JASS as far as i know.
-A multiplayer map rocks everything.

I can guarantee you one thing people. The code is top-optimized, which means you will never lag because of code, and ALL leaks will be fixed.

Level 9
Meh, i don't like Toadcops inventory system. Why? It's slow, buggy, not cool, has limitations. Well, there's a lot of reasons.
Hopefully our inventory system will pwn all other FSI's. So far, we only have it on paper, but it's gonna be cool. Trust me.
I can say we have ideas from Diable II's inventory and some other inventory systems. I won't reveal more, so don't ask me about it. =P

Btw, i finished the fishing craft. Going to do the other crafts soon. =)

Level 21
Have you tried version II?
It owns!
Can you please give me some hints for how to make a fishing system?

I really need some help for my map...(check the big burning text in my signature)
And tommorow i will update the main post of my map...
More organization, more screenshoots, colors, tables, etc.
I really want to see a demo of your map, at least!

Level 9
Yay, 300 replies. =D

I'm not gonna ruin Everwood like tKoK did by using BX-TRS. I would even prefer the shitty equipment system we have right now. =P

Well, making a fishing system is very easy. Just give the hero a fish ability based on Channel and detect when it's cast on water, then calculate if the hero catches a fish by doing some random stuff. Very simple if you know JASS. =P

Level 21
Why not use the BX-TRS II ?
I am using it and it's really doing magic!
Toadcop is too lazy to show us everything that his system can do...
And, it can do more than inventory and equipment... i saw in his TCX map...

Edit : ok, nevermind about the BX :D

Edit 2 : Well... I know almost 0 JASS but i know vJASS =D
But right now i am a GUItard... :cry:

Level 9
Someone give me MOTIVATION!

I'll whip you if you don't do the icons NOW! =D

Well, the progress is kinda outdated, here's the new ones:

Terraining: 95%
Triggering: 60%
Icons: 60%
Models: 55%

Each hero now has 3 skills, which means they have enough skills for the first release. From now on i'll focus on making quests and finish the crafts.

Last edited:
Level 9
We haven't really made a list of mounts yet, but we have some ideas of mounts we're adding. In the first release you will only be able to ride horses, but we're adding alot more of them later on, like wolves, centaurs, animals, yes, even dragons. There will also be special bonus mounts to acquire.

Level 9
Hey guys, I'm very proud to present to you our new system, the Talk System.

The talk systems is one of my favourite things about Everwood. Basically, it lets you talk to EVERY NPC in Everwood. The talk is very random with a lot of different answers. The talk system is also the key for earning quests, starting trades, getting access to areas, even general talk.

It's not just another stupid talk system, Everwood's is very realistic. When you talk to a NPC, your camera is adjusted so it looks like you're talking to the person in 1. person mode. Your inventory turns into a panel of all the things you can say, and the NPC acts realistic to your words.

Enjoy!

TalkSystem1.jpg

And here's the new progress report:

Terraining: 100%
Triggering: 65%
Icons: 75%
Models: 65%

And progress before we start testing:

Triggering: 90%
Icons: 100%
Models: 100%

Sounds boring, tbh. The concept of levels and items is getting old. I don't see why you have the tag "unique" for this thread, because it doesn't seem unique to me at all.

ahh dude ........ :X

well i think Unique is more for the game play.. cause i wont see how a hero can gain experiance without fightning, by reading books? maybe, by playing a strategye game? also.. but try to put that in the game :X

Level 8
Nono, the concept of experience is definitely not unique either. You have to think outside the 25-year-old concept of killing monsters and getting exp to advance levels and get stronger.

No, ORPG is completely unique, as ALL of them require leveling through killing [or quests].
But Everwood will include some unique Features! Hence, making it a Unique ORPG, just like the thread says.

So in all means, the thread name is right.
Because you can't have a ORPG without mindless killing. =]

Level 3
Nono, the concept of experience is definitely not unique either. You have to think outside the 25-year-old concept of killing monsters and getting exp to advance levels and get stronger.

Oh, come on, without that, it wouldn't be a RPG

And, why dont you give an idea for example :thumbs_up:

Level 3
There are few ways to make a rpg without a simple level up system, for example a % system - u gain a percent for each action applying - ex: if u want to increase your Sword Mastery (working only with sword, gives some more damage, attack rating and speed) u have to use swords to increase it, each attack will increase % of mastery, each 10% the time u gain % is longer. And about stats - when u want to increase STR u have to use a combat skills / mining, blacksmithing and masteries for example, as INT for magician based spells, lores, AGI for Bows and etc. That system is used in Ultima Online, and i guess its possible to make in wc3 - but it would be boring and probably needs alot of coding. So, the level up system is the best way for an ORPG, especially when u have size cap of the map (4mb), i guess. It would be brillant when u have huge world like ultima online has, alot of possibilities and blablabla.

Level 9
~Void~, I don't care if you don't think this map is unique, I don't care if you think we should remove unique from the title, i don't care if you think the talk system sounds boring, but what makes me mad is, that you don't base it on anything.

The concept of levels and items is getting old. I don't see why you have the tag "unique" for this thread, because it doesn't seem unique to me at all.

You just blamed our experience system, level system and item system without knowing anything about them at ALL.

When i call this map "unique" i'm not comparing it to massive MMORPG's. I'm comparing it to other Warcraft III ORPG's, and from this point of view this is more of an unique map. If some of you don't think this is an unique Warcraft III ORPG, then fine. I don't care.

I'm gonna QUOTE Calvin.

Darkenneko_003 said:
Well, Thanks for pointing out the obvious.
But, from the RPG's that Wc3 currently has for a selection, this would be more of a unique one.
Its hard to create anything unique because everyone has already done it.

Level 3
Hey guys, I'm very proud to present to you our new system, the Talk System.

And here's the new progress report:

Triggering: 65%
Icons: 75%
Models: 65%

And progress before we start testing:

Triggering: 90%
Icons: 100%
Models: 100%

Open testing or only for the team? :nw:

And the talking system looks very nice!

Level 12
Nah. It's still not unique. BETTER, maybe, but not unique.

Define Unique?
This?

Google said:
being the only one of its kind

I have not seen any other Everwood ORPG wc3 map before. I have not seen a Wc3 ORPG, other than Everwood, that has the same features/gameplay as Everwood(nor as much; judging from what has been shown so far).

=> It is unique

Whatever you say, this is the only Everwood ORPG that RolePlaynGamer and the rest of the team are making, so it is unique.

I have no idea what you have against a not offensive, not racist, not anything bad, simple, plain word in the tittle.

Last edited:
Level 8
Yay, I was Quoted. xD
Anyways, Well D&D Is a special occasion occurring actions with XP for most things you do.
Being a D&D player myself [Along with Heroes Unlimited and others] D&D Wouldn't be D&D without mindless killing.

Twelve Sky still includes mindless killing as well.

The only ORPG/RPG I Know of is Fallout 1, in Fallout 1, you could go through the ENTIRE game, [Yes ENTIRE game] Without shooting 1 bullet, you could talk your way through the entire game.

Thats the only one I can think of.
Anyways, Void just doesn't know what hes talking about, Its all good, =]

Level 9
Gamat said:
Open testing or only for the team?

And the talking system looks very nice!

Closed testing, I'll release the first open beta test once i feel the map is ready and free of most bugs. It'll probably take some time because i still have a bunch of things to add, but be patience my friends. Rather wait for something good instead of just try some crap. =P

Closed testing, I'll release the first open beta test once i feel the map is ready and free of most bugs. It'll probably take some time because i still have a bunch of things to add, but be patience my friends. Rather wait for something good instead of just try some crap. =P

When do we start testing again? :O

Level 6
This sounds really good. I haven't played a warcraft rpg in so long, disgusted with the poor quality. But after looking at this I'm impressed. It looks professional and your strives for perfection is clear.

Do you guys have weather effects? If not, I have some good ones you may find interesting...that is if your map has room for the sound files :/

Also if u guys need help creating quests, I may be interested, depending on the storyline.

Level 15
I'm very disappointed that I stopped following the progress of this map. I just looked at the first page to see what updates it has, and, I must say... this is the best RPG (for Warcraft) I've ever seen. Probably the coolest things in my opinion are... well everything! Triggered spells, an attachment system (even boots?! Astounding!)... but my favorite systems are the mounting system, which has never been done properly, and the original talking system. Let's not forget the terrain... marvelous! This map is insane. You've raised the bar for Warcraft RPGs- congratulations.

+Reputation for awesomeness.

Level 8
Hi,
can you maybe add a system, which can see, if you play im local networc or in bnet? So You could save your hero and load it in mp-games without cheating. In local network and bnet, you can't host :p This would be very nice, too.

Level 9
TM-Magic said:
This sounds really good. I haven't played a warcraft rpg in so long, disgusted with the poor quality. But after looking at this I'm impressed. It looks professional and your strives for perfection is clear.

Do you guys have weather effects? If not, I have some good ones you may find interesting...that is if your map has room for the sound files :/

Also if u guys need help creating quests, I may be interested, depending on the storyline.

Yup, there's very far between decent warcraft III ORPG's. =(

About the weather effect, i would have to say no thanks. We exceeded the 3.5mb a few days ago, so we're beginning to get careful. Don't worry, though, when time comes i can cut of 1-2mb.

And don't worry about us, we'll be fine. I've already gotten 20 more quests written down and more are comming. =]

Kricz said:
Hi,
can you maybe add a system, which can see, if you play im local networc or in bnet? So You could save your hero and load it in mp-games without cheating. In local network and bnet, you can't host :p This would be very nice, too.

I have no idea why i should do this? What's the purpose? o_O
I'll let the game detect how many players are playing. If it's only one player, your code will be a single-player code. If there's more than one player playing, it'll be a multiplayer code, which means you can only load it if more than one player is playing.
About cheating, i'll probably made an anti-cheat system. Cheating ruins game experience. =P

And i'm not sure if it's even POSSIBLE to detect if you're playing Bnet or LAN.

I)eadnerzhul said:
I'm very disappointed that I stopped following the progress of this map. I just looked at the first page to see what updates it has, and, I must say... this is the best RPG (for Warcraft) I've ever seen. Probably the coolest things in my opinion are... well everything! Triggered spells, an attachment system (even boots?! Astounding!)... but my favorite systems are the mounting system, which has never been done properly, and the original talking system. Let's not forget the terrain... marvelous! This map is insane. You've raised the bar for Warcraft RPGs- congratulations.

Glad you're back. =]

Level 9
I have no idea, 2-3 weeks i would guess. At the moment Calvin is creating all/most of the NPC's, and that's something which takes time, my friends, because we're giving every person a personality. None of our NPC's are just a "Villager", they've all been given a first name and last name. Some of them even has childrens and wives. =P

Level 8
Original from RolePlaynGamer:
I have no idea why i should do this? What's the purpose? o_O
I'll let the game detect how many players are playing. If it's only one player, your code will be a single-player code. If there's more than one player playing, it'll be a multiplayer code, which means you can only load it if more than one player is playing.
About cheating, i'll probably made an anti-cheat system. Cheating ruins game experience. =P

And i'm not sure if it's even POSSIBLE to detect if you're playing Bnet or LAN.

You can detect, if you play alone on bnet or local network, thats pretty easy.
You just have to copy this in your header and create a little Trigger:

Header:
function isSinglePlayer takes integer property returns nothing
local integer u
call Cheat("greedisgood 1000")
call TriggerSleepAction(0.5)
set u = GetPlayerState(Player(0), PLAYER_STATE_RESOURCE_GOLD)
if u > property then
call DisplayTextToForce(GetPlayersAll(),"|c00ff0000You cant play this map in Singleplayer modus!|r")
call TriggerSleepAction(0.5)
call CustomDefeatBJ(Player(0), "Please play in Battlenet or LAN")
endif
endfunction

And than just a lil trigger, that set the gold (if it is MP) to the start-gold of Player Red.
If Player Red is alone isn't in local network or bnet, the cheat will be actived and you can kick him^^
But if you use a cheat, there is a chat message:
<PlayerName> Cheat actived
you can change the Cheat actived to: Singeplayer detected...

That isn't very hard for a Jass Pro like you^^

Level 8
Hey Everybody!
So, If you've heard I'm creating a MASS of NPC's, for Everwood, for now.
The Races should include Night Elf, Dwarf, Human, Orc, and Undead, There won't be that many dwarves.

SO What I need are NAMES, I can come up with histories, but give me names!
Hell use your own name if you want, and even give me a history! I can import you in.

If I reject your person, or person you create, its for a good reason trust me.
Who knows you might even find the Everwood team as Civilians in the world. Anyways HELP ME OUT!

-Calvin

Mr.Goblin!

*Once upon a time lived a lonely goblin. He got regected by his village because he was the smallest some said... or because he was the uglyest the other said... but none of these reasons were true... Mr.Goblin left his village because he wanted to explore the world! To be the First Goblin to live exiting aventures! To be the first goblin to discover the world! To be the first goblin to fight the monsters of his Story's and to live epic quest! Yes... Mr.Goblin was one of a kind.. yet pretty small but was one of those goblins with a brave hearth.*

*But after 20 years of living what he always wanted to do! Mr.Goblin woked up one day... and was not as young as he was before. So seing the candle of his life slowly melting by the time... he decided to settle down and to write down .. what he had discoverd! To the most scaryest creatures to the most wondefull land! Mr.Goblin wanted to share his experiance to the traveling heros..*

Goblin thinker model :D ftw!

Edit = for some names

Dwarf = Tordeck, Malus, Thor, Borus, Gamlin
Orc = Moldrend, Moldren, Morx, Torx
Undead = Silicius, Snake, Morpheus, Florn,
Night Elf = Iladon, Laucian, Sirius, Saurus, Makon

Level 7
This is your lucky day, guys. I have a bonus screenshot for you. =)

This is a model i have been working on for ... A few minutes lol. If it gets good enough, we will maybe use it as a demon statue in Everwood.

DemonStatue.jpg

Poison Shield

This spell is for the necromancer. I think it's a custom Immolation. 3 balls spin around the hero, dealing damage to everyone they hit. The skill drains mana until it's de-activated. (Like Immolation...)

PoisenBalls.jpg

change the texture of your statue, a grey texture will be great :xxd:

Status
Not open for further replies.