• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Everwood - The unique ORPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
A have an announcement people!

Ragingspeedhorn has been very busy these days, and decided to leave the team because of various reasons.
MeKC has joined the team, and will be scripting together with me. =)
If you're wondering who will now do the modeling part, I, and maybe MeKC, will make the rest of the models.

Level 17
Cool, congratulations MeKC. Good luck with it all. =D

Also, Role, great job with the item spinner. I still cannot wait until you release this, and you better add more classes. xD

Level 34
I totally just skipped from the first page to here, so I might bring up old shit. Sorry.

How many equip models are done, and how many do you plan on having? Seems like a formidable task.

How many different hero models are there to chose from?

Are the craft jobs similar to WoW and other ORPGs? Just simple collect items and put them together?

Can we get and info on spells? Possibly screens and/or videos?

Level 9
MoCo said:
This looks very nice, hope u get it done!

Don't worry, people. this project will be done.

Today, I've been fixing all the bugs i knew of, and added lots of things like standard camera, more creeps etc. Also, i have a lot of new spells to show you guys, but you'll have to wait a bit before screenshots, because i want to show all of them in the same time. =)
Most likely i'll upload them in the weekend. =)

Gilles said:
I totally just skipped from the first page to here, so I might bring up old shit. Sorry.

How many equip models are done, and how many do you plan on having? Seems like a formidable task.

How many different hero models are there to chose from?

Are the craft jobs similar to WoW and other ORPGs? Just simple collect items and put them together?

Can we get and info on spells? Possibly screens and/or videos?

-We have around 50 item models done of 60, but i have a lot of models i really ujst need to import, and a lot of items i still need to make, so we still have a decent job ahead of us.

-Currently there's 10 different classes (more will come later), and they all use the same base model, but MeKC is making a system, which lets us toogle between the heroes animations, so if you equip a bow, you have bow animations, and if you equip a 2-hand weapon, you have 2-hand animation.

-I'm putting a lot of work into the crafts so players will enjoy it as much as possible. I haven't made them yet, so i can't tell you exactly how they'll be.

-I completely rewrote the first post a while ago, and currently only 10% of the spells are shown. I can put tons of spell screenshots+documentation later, let's say when i uploda the rest of the spells.

Level 34
Thanks for answering my questions, I'm eager to see this go far. Here's hoping you actually get some playable stuff out there. : )

Level 9
The map is already playable actually. =)

It's just very boring at the moment, because there's no quests yet (quests caused server splits, deleted them, will remake them later), and we're still missing all the "fun" features, like the arena, the battlefield, crafts etc.

Also, i have an announcement. I'm deleting the current equipment system. It sucks.
Instead, MeKC is making a FSI (Full Screen System), which, hopefully, will pwn all existing FSI's. The FSI will include 50 bag slots, where 10 of them will be saved in a save/load code, an equipment system, very similiar to the one in Diable II, a statistic screen, which shows the health, mana, damage, armor, attack speed, attack range, strenght, inteligence, critical chance, dodge chance + more. Also, there's a tiny crafting screen in one of the corners, where you can mix ingrediences together to potions, smith equipment out of bars, and even more than that.

I finished the boots attachment model the other day (Not the sucky one i showed to some of you), and made a pair of Molten Rock boots from it, and it looks very good tbh.

The map is already playable actually. =)

It's just very boring at the moment, because there's no quests yet (quests caused server splits, deleted them, will remake them later), and we're still missing all the "fun" features, like the arena, the battlefield, crafts etc.

Also, i have an announcement. I'm deleting the current equipment system. It sucks.
Instead, MeKC is making a FSI (Full Screen System), which, hopefully, will pwn all existing FSI's. The FSI will include 50 bag slots, where 10 of them will be saved in a save/load code, an equipment system, very similiar to the one in Diable II, a statistic screen, which shows the health, mana, damage, armor, attack speed, attack range, strenght, inteligence, critical chance, dodge chance + more. Also, there's a tiny crafting screen in one of the corners, where you can mix ingrediences together to potions, smith equipment out of bars, and even more than that.

I finished the boots attachment model the other day (Not the sucky one i showed to some of you), and made a pair of Molten Rock boots from it, and it looks very good tbh.

Awesome.

D: to the FSI because the one in TKoK already has one and it's pretty slow. Also, I can't equip things and fight monsters at the same time. D:

Boots = pwnage because I've never seen an ORPG that utilizes boot attachments. :D

Level 9
Yes, tKoK's FSI is kinda slow, but Everwoods won't be slow. MeKC has alread made one FSI, and i was impressed how fast it was. But i can't say this one WILL be fast, because it's a little more complicated than the one he already made. =/

Thanks for your idea Lux19, but i haven't got to the custom mount part yet. Just one question; What model do you suggest for the hydra mount? =0

Level 9
I think the size of the fullscreen system will be between 100 - 200 kb. Yes its true you can't fight and equip monster at the same time, but in the real life this would also not be possible.

Or maybe you can. If we make a dummy ability called "equip item", and use it to pick a item we have in our small inventory (the 6 slots), I can trigger it to automatic equip on the hero, without open the fullscreen.

Level 9
Spells!

BurningArrow.jpg

CorpseExplosion.jpg

DivineShield.jpg

FireWall.jpg

FrostShield.jpg

LeapAttack-1.jpg

NaturesGrasp.jpg

PowerBlow.jpg

Stomp-1.jpg

TotemOfCorruption.jpg

WaterBlast-1.jpg

WrathOfTheStorms.jpg

Level 34
Not bad, pretty generic stuff, although that can be just fine. I hate when games try to go all out on crazy skills and just ruin it.

Level 3
Nice, but what do stomp do? he jump backwards ?
---
I love the divine shield skill very original :p

Level 9
I'm sorry, have to comment on this. To be honest, I was expecting some decent looking spells when I started viewing this thread. When I saw the above I couldn't help but chuckle. C'mon man, it looks like you slapped those together in 5 minutes.

Level 9
A few news:

-Yohobofire is now working on terraining the rest of the map. His first priorities are the battlefield (AoS like battles) and the third dungeon. I'm not sure if he's posting screenshots because we'll probably first make the areas accesable in later versions.
-While Yohobofire is terraining i'm making LOTS of attachment models, so you can definately expect a lot of screenshots from me.. =)
-Because i'm not VERY busy these days i would be very happy to discuss new features and stuff with you guys like party system, minigames, crafts, small cool features etc. Just shoot me with your ideas.. =)

I've already planned a craft like that, it's called Herblore.. =D

There's also Alchemy, which lets you make small explosives you can use to bomb your enemies. =)

And i have a question; What do you want to see in the arena and battlefield of Everwood?

The heroes are stripped of their items and thrown onto the battlefield/arena, left with nothing except for random items set on the field that htey can used to their disposal. Whoever wins gets a prize, but doesn't keep the items they've used on the arena. The loser loses gold/EXP and gets to keep one item from the arena that they used. Only common items like items made from a regular blacksmith can be set in the arena.

Level 34
If you release a bunch of shitty looking things, you will lose interest. Like mine and [Sin]s.

Level 17
... Don't start fighting in a forum, please...
Anyway, I really think you should consider that Fletching idea. Y'know, I haven't seen an RPG/MMORPG/ORPG with Fletching used as a craft yet.

For those unclear on what I mean by "Fletching", it is basically a craft and/or profession that involves the making of such wooden products as arrows, bows, etc. A secondary profession (for gathering the correct ingredients) would be woodcutting, obviously.
Also, Role, I was thinking, in addition to the Fletching craft, you should incorporate staves/wands considering they are also wooden products. You should also have a quest that involves making a ballista/trebutchet/catapult or something. =D

I also have another profession for you. Blacksmithing... Now, I know what you are thinking, you already have that profession in mind (for weapons and armour), but when I say blacksmithing, I refer to when swords, etc were outdated and gunpowder, etc came into play. In the 1700's-1900's, blacksmiths made horseshoes, certain saddles, and I think this version of blacksmithing would be both useful and realistic considering you have mounts. I think maybe that this craft could involve fitting a mount with the appropriate saddle, etc. to help enhance its speed or armour or whatever, y'know?

Anyway, I really think you should consider that Fletching idea. Y'know, I haven't seen an RPG/MMORPG/ORPG with Fletching used as a craft yet.

For those unclear on what I mean by "Fletching", it is basically a craft and/or profession that involves the making of such wooden products as arrows, bows, etc. A secondary profession (for gathering the correct ingredients) would be woodcutting, obviously.
Also, Role, I was thinking, in addition to the Fletching craft, you should incorporate staves/wands considering they are also wooden products. You should also have a quest that involves making a ballista/trebutchet/catapult or something. =D

I also have another profession for you. Blacksmithing... Now, I know what you are thinking, you already have that profession in mind (for weapons and armour), but when I say blacksmithing, I refer to when swords, etc were outdated and gunpowder, etc came into play. In the 1700's-1900's, blacksmiths made horseshoes, certain saddles, and I think this version of blacksmithing would be both useful and realistic considering you have mounts. I think maybe that this craft could involve fitting a mount with the appropriate saddle, etc. to help enhance its speed or armour or whatever, y'know?

Fine.

Bad ass idea.

Even more of a bad ass idea. Role, I would listen to his ideas, they're pretty good. :D

Level 34
You're a mod and everything, but what an asshole.
Yeah that did sounds mean, I apologize, thanks for calling me on it. :p

I didn't mean to say that they were, just that releasing stuff you don't even think is good won't get interest. Release one or two cool things, maybe not your best, but some stuff that will impress people and get them interested.

Yeah that did sounds mean, I apologize, thanks for calling me on it. :p

I didn't mean to say that they were, just that releasing stuff you don't even think is good won't get interest. Release one or two cool things, maybe not your best, but some stuff that will impress people and get them interested.

Was assuming that you only said those things because you've seen other maps with this type of stuff. :p

Level 9
Gilles said:
If you release a bunch of shitty looking things, you will lose interest. Like mine and [Sin]s.

Yeah i realised that some time ago.. =/

But don't worry, i won't show you 2kb sword screenshots. When i say modeling screenshots, i mean sets, mounts etc.

Also, i don't think the skills are too bad. They're starter skills after all.

onisaiyan808 said:
The heroes are stripped of their items and thrown onto the battlefield/arena, left with nothing except for random items set on the field that they can used to their disposal. Whoever wins gets a prize, but doesn't keep the items they've used on the arena. The loser loses gold/EXP and gets to keep one item from the arena that they used. Only common items like items made from a regular blacksmith can be set in the arena.

Yeah i think i'll give the heroes some random arena armor, mainly for balancing purpose. But i won't give away the arena armor to the loser, dunno why.

onisaiyan808 said:

I probably will make some kind of fletching skill, like i told you. Also, players will probably be able to cut down trees for wood, so that they can fletch it. Maybe this will also be a craft (Woodcutting, like you said)

If i was to make the blacksmithing i would probably just mix it with the smithing skill we already plan to make.

Thanks for the posts though, really appreciate it.. =)

Level 18
i havent read enything about this so i dont know if you already made it but this is my idea: Dnatist: he gets Dna frome creatures and he gos to a professor he shall change the dna's to a creature that shall be your pet (made this up myself) btw i readed somthing about a mounting system it sounds very intresting but can you still see the attachments when you are on the mount? sorry for the long post but well you may not double post so :p here is somthing els i want to ask somthing about you talked about a blacksmithing profesion and you sayed 1700-1900 when gun powder game it realy made me think of fable II is there where you have the idea frome?

Level 8
i havent read enything about this so i dont know if you already made it but this is my idea: Dnatist: he gets Dna frome creatures and he gos to a professor he shall change the dna's to a creature that shall be your pet (made this up myself) btw i readed somthing about a mounting system it sounds very intresting but can you still see the attachments when you are on the mount? sorry for the long post but well you may not double post so :p here is somthing els i want to ask somthing about you talked about a blacksmithing profesion and you sayed 1700-1900 when gun powder game it realy made me think of fable II is there where you have the idea frome?

Jesus....
No one should be forced to go through that mess, please, this sounds mean but, learn how to type.
I could type perfectly by the age of 8.

Also, no you can't see attachments while your mounted, who knows, in the future we "might" add that, would take a bit more time tho. Also, Where the hell did you see the gun powder idea from? I've followed this thread since the beginning, and not even I see where that is.
-Calvin

Level 18
than your are blind or stupid

Level 8

I believe I'm neither, seeing as I must make textures and icons for this.

When I don't see one ending to a sentence to your text, the only periods, are after blacksmithing, and after Etc, and wait, theres on after play. You have giant run ons, but I'm not here to bash your grammar.

So,
I basically answered your question, and now your going to suggest it? I Doubt, guns will be added to the game seeing as we are a bit farther back, and its more of bows and magic, adding guns would mean we would have even more animations, and we would have to create a class just for the guns, [Probably called Marksman.] it would be too much.

Tho,
The fitting of horseshoes and other things sound nice, blacksmithing would allow production for horseshoes, and leather working would allow creation of saddles, now that is interesting. =]

EDIT
And just because I can, the first evidence of guns were around mid 1400's, By the Ottoman empire.

Level 12

Jesus....
No one should be forced to go through that mess, please, this sounds mean but, learn how to type.
I could type perfectly by the age of 8.

Also, no you can't see attachments while your mounted, who knows, in the future we "might" add that, would take a bit more time tho. Also, Where the hell did you see the gun powder idea from? I've followed this thread since the beginning, and not even I see where that is.
-Calvin

I believe I'm neither, seeing as I must make textures and icons for this.

When I don't see one ending to a sentence to your text, the only periods, are after blacksmithing, and after Etc, and wait, theres on after play. You have giant run ons, but I'm not here to bash your grammar.

So,
I basically answered your question, and now your going to suggest it? I Doubt, guns will be added to the game seeing as we are a bit farther back, and its more of bows and magic, adding guns would mean we would have even more animations, and we would have to create a class just for the guns, [Probably called Marksman.] it would be too much.

Tho,
The fitting of horseshoes and other things sound nice, blacksmithing would allow production for horseshoes, and leather working would allow creation of saddles, now that is interesting. =]

EDIT
And just because I can, the first evidence of guns were around mid 1400's, By the Ottoman empire.

For justice.
So Darkenneko_003, you did not read all posts since the begging...
And ffs stop flaming.

Level 8
For justice.
So Darkenneko_003, you did not read all posts since the begging...
And ffs stop flaming.

I'll agree with the stop flaming part,
But I missed that post, being part of the team I've read, well, most of them now, Time to go through it again.

And, I'm not flaming, its just not a pleasure to read through text like that, and, even than.
He though we came up with the gun idea, someone else did as a suggestion, just so thats cleared up.

But I'll stop making fun of his grammar and move on.
I have work to do.

EDIT
i_brg_doom tried to give me negative rep for "noobys action"
But instead he gave me good rep, isn't that such a coincidence? xD

Last edited:
Level 17
I was just reading through and it seems some of you have gotten it wrong... I never implied adding guns or incorporating gunpowder into the game. I used it as an example, please read over things before you reply. It clearly starts:
"I refer to when swords, etc were outdated and gunpowder, etc came into play"...
This means I am using the use of gunpowder and expiration of medieval weapons as a reference, not implying that guns should be added! It was the help the idea run more smoothly in your heads, because it is true. When the world discovered gunpowder, swords, bows, etc. were outdated and firearms, rifles, etc. became the worlds main weapon(s), blacksmiths were generally still around, just not forging weapons, but horseshoes and certain saddles.
Please, read things properly. No pun intended, of course.

Also, brg, I haven't played Fable I or II, intended to, but never did.

Level 9
i_brg_doom said:
Idea: there is gona be a herbalism profession isnt there? what about a evil version of the herbalism where you make evil potions and dark stuff

Herbalism = the players can make all sorts of potions, both good ones and bad ones.

Duhcake said:
53.75 % Ready... Hmmh... How long is it going to take? xP

Well, it's more like 60% to be honest, i've been making a few high-end skills lately which beats the crap out of the ones we already have. =P

And i finished the action panel, which isn't really a system, more of a trigger.
The action panel is an ability which turns your inventory into a panel, where you have options like worldmap, talk, interact, mount, yes, even a custom attribute system. =P

Status
Not open for further replies.