1. Find your way through the deepest dungeon in the 18th Mini Mapping Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. A brave new world lies beyond the seven seas. Join the 34th Modeling Contest today!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hive 3 Remoosed BETA - NOW LIVE. Go check it out at BETA Hive Workshop! Post your feedback in this new forum BETA Feedback.
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Everwood - The unique ORPG

Discussion in 'Map Development' started by RolePlaynGamer, Apr 25, 2008.

1. Tenebrae

Tenebrae

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Alrighty, here's some screenshots of a model I was asked to make for this project. Behold the almighty Balrog! blaaaarg! ha ha. I had quite a bit of fun making this guy.
    As you guys can probably tell, this was inspired by the Lord of the Rings balrog. The only problem is, I couldn't figure out how to give him a whip. If any smart modelers out there know a way I can do it that's free and easy, I'm willing to hear any suggestions.

RolePlaynGamer, how do you do that thing with you screenshots?... y'know, where you can "reveal" and "hide" them, lol

Attached Files:

2. Darkenneko_003

Darkenneko_003

Resources:
    Resources:
    Nice Triple shot. =]
    The Balrog tho, just reminds me of a Reskin with lots of effects, =/
    But it looks good tho. =] The Last screen shoot was very funny. xD
    Great Job You Two! =]
    -Calvin

3. RolePlaynGamer

RolePlaynGamer

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Upload your foto on photobucket, copy the image tag to the post and finally wrap a HIDDEN tag around it. =)

I couldn't agree more. I simple love it!

I'll go on vacation this weekend so i won't answer here at this thread untill ... Sunday i think. =/

4. Darkenneko_003

Darkenneko_003

Resources:
    Resources:
    Alright,
    We all need vacations every now and than. =]
    Have fun, hope to hear from you soon!
    -Calvin

5. RolePlaynGamer

RolePlaynGamer

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I'll take a trip to london on thursday so i'll be very busy the next day. This is also the reason why i haven't posted any spells since... Thursday.
    I think i'll still be able to acces hive from my ipod, but that would require a wireless internet from the hotel.
    when i get home i will (hopefully) have time to code all the spells i have in mind.
    I'll still be very glad to hear some spell-suggestions from you. The map will be more fun to play if your hero had one of your own skills, right? ;)

6. Darkenneko_003

Darkenneko_003

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yea, it would. xD Hmm... a Spell Idea,
    Maybe, I'll try to think of one while I'm off today, =] Hopefully you get some good ones done. and Great work so far! I can't wait to see what more you come up with!
    -Calvin

7. RolePlaynGamer

RolePlaynGamer

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I'm back from my vacation in London, and now i'll begin working on the map again. Here's is some of the features we still plan to make.

8. Darkenneko_003

Darkenneko_003

Resources:
    Resources:
    Wow,
    That sounds amazing, I Vote for 1 big arena, with the ability to watch others fight for there lives. Also bet on them. =]
    It would be nice to gain prizes as you beat different levels in the arena, and even gather more people to watch you [fans] as you get more noted. Also, maybe a special title you can gain after beating a Super boss in the arena. Would be pretty cool. =]

Crafts, they sound good, maybe add another type of Quests, Craft Quests, were you must certain goals to become better at the craft. Sounds good and will keep people with lots of money from maxing crafts in minutes.

Multibars, Sound good, keep up the great work man! =D!

Quests, as long as you add many types of unique quests and different kinds, make the world filled with quests to be done, sounds good. =]

Market, is awesome, Maybe instead of just price changes, item changes, than the ability to host your own items on the market and gaining money for it, kinda like a auction house. Sounds good. =]

I'm glad your back, hopefully you had an awesome vacation, now, good luck on continuing your map!
    Great Job!
    -Calvin

9. RolePlaynGamer

RolePlaynGamer

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    yea but the only bad thing with one big arena is that you can't have 2 fights at the same time. but i have an idea. When you choose to fight in the arena, you are taken to a waiting room where you'll then have 30 seconds before you fight. then the other players can enter the fight, and the more people who enters the fight, the stronger the opponents will be. or maybe i should calculate with their levels =)

And you will advance in crafts by using them. And you can see your craft level at the leaderboard.

And of course i will add tons of quests =)

I'll consider the auction thingy.

And yea, i had a wonderful vacation. =)

10. Darkenneko_003

Darkenneko_003

Resources:
    Resources:
    Awesome, xD
    You answered most of my questions. =P
    I Like that idea with the arena, Sounds good. =]
    This is turning out to be a wonderful project, but, are you going to make the world Dynamic? =D
    I'd like a world thats always changing, in some way or another, If its NPC's dying and new ones coming.
    New shops opening, old ones closing, or maybe even new towns being built and old ones being destroyed. That would defiantly make this project epic. =]
    A Dynamic world is what we all want to try and achieve, I think you can do it. =P
    -Calvin

11. RolePlaynGamer

RolePlaynGamer

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    yea i think we can but i cant make new cities now and then. There's just not enough space. But the villagers will move around and go to bed at night, that's actually a brilliant idea. =)

12. Darkenneko_003

Darkenneko_003

Resources:
    Resources:
    =D
    Cool, =3
    Well, Maybe like, not New Cities? But Certain cities get raided can become a Optional quest to save them.
    But, If you don't it gets over ran, and can become like a bandit town, Or the bandits leave, and eventually new travelers come and rebuild it? =D
    Just giving some ideas mate. =]

13. Argus

Argus

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    If you can fit in 8 small ones then perhaps you could make it like, 2 medium and 4 small arenas?

14. Nightbrowler

Nightbrowler

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    wow that's a very nice terrain keep u the good work and good luck

15. ~Void~

~Void~

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Everyone says their RPG is unique. This one is clearly not, it is just another normal RPG with a few extra features.

16. Darkenneko_003

Darkenneko_003

Resources:
    Resources:
    Well, Thanks for pointing out the obvious.
    But, from the RPG's that Wc3 currently has for a selection, this would be more of a unique one.
    Its hard to create anything unique because everyone has already done it.
    Anyways, This project is a very promising one that I'm looking forward too. =]

17. I)eadnerzhul

I)eadnerzhul

Resources:
    Resources:
    I want to see an RPG with a WORKING armor/weapon equipting system, inventory system, and 3rd person movement system, with a good story and lots of character interaction. This one takes the cake (don't know about the story, though).

18. RolePlaynGamer

RolePlaynGamer

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I have already decided how i want the arena to be.

When a hero enters the arena and chooses to fight, he's moved to the waiting room. Then a timer will run and when it reaches zero, all heroes in the waiting room is taken to the arena. Then some monsters will spawn, and then you can fight. The strenght of the monsters is based on the level of all heroes in the group.

Also, when the timer is running, players not fighting in the arena, can go to some 'bet master' and bet their gold on the fight. But you can't bet something insane like 10.000 gold, so it's not the best way to get money.

And maybe, if there hasn't been fights in some time monsters will fight each other. Then you can bet. =)

Well, why exactly don't you think this one is unique? have you ever seen an ORPG with an equipment system? Or an ORPG with an attachment system? Or an ORPG with armor equips? Or an ORPG with an arena? Or an ORPG with crafts?

If you are not convinced of this ORPG's uniqueness, then i'll try to convince Yohobofire and Tenebrae to release a beta. But it's good that you have an opinion.

yea i agree, there's not many ORPGs out there which has satified me. And that's also why i try to make this map as unique as possible. All of us are putting a lot of work into this, because we want to create a map that people like! And if you don't like it, then fine, but remember that we have worked hard to achieve what we have achieved so far.

19. I)eadnerzhul

I)eadnerzhul

Resources:
    Resources:
    Is it going to be a multiplayer or singleplayer? What about Saving and Loading? You putting that in too?

20. RolePlaynGamer

RolePlaynGamer

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    It will be multiplayer with up to 8 players, and there will be save/load system. And the save/load will be disabled when only 1 player is playing.