• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Everwood - The unique ORPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Alright, Yohobofire has thought of a new feature. It's called "mounts".
So basically, this allows the heroes to ride horses and maybe other animals. When the hero mounts a horse, the hero will appear on top of the horse. Then the hero will hide, and the player will get control over the horse. The horse will have a higher movement speed than the hero but it won't be able to attack.
Currently we only have 2 different mounts in mind. Horse and Armored horse. The horse will use the normal wc3 horse model and the armored one will be a modified Knight.
I will soon post some screenies of the heroes mounting a horse.

Also, Yohobofire has almost finished the arena. He'll soon post screenies.

Level 9
Sounds like World of Warcraft to me.

I hate when people say that. Why does so many people think everything is a copy from WoW? WoW has no originality. It's just a lot of things from other games clashed together into one big game. Why is WoW not a copy? I have seen mounts 100 times in games before WoW. So in the future when games have mounts, they are also a copy of WoW? WoW has no originality. <-- My opinion

Level 15
That's why you do what the big guys do. Take already used ideas, refine it, and make it uberly awesome. Perhaps some inspiration from Sandbox-styled games like Fable or The Elder Scrolls: III or IV?

Level 3
is this like on screenshots? im not famous with map making and sizes but looks small and short

Level 3
I have a name for the Shaman spell on the last page.

Rage of The Storm

I believe I found a name for the warriors chain spell.

Truss of Might (Truss is a synonym for Bind, Tie, and Lash.)

I've been secretly watching this project for some time >_> <_< >_>
And, I can't wait till its finished, or even Beta for that matter.

Level 8
Eh,
Oziris, 256x256, x 2 is bigger than 446x446, So its not even twice as big as 256, But its close.
But thats a big map, I Prefer 256x256, because if everything is too detailed, than it gets way to laggy.
Anyways, Keep working on your projects, Both of you guys. [I've looked at yours Oziris, Nice Work].
-Calvin

Level 12
256*256=65536
446*446 =198916
198916/65536~3
But people think because 446 is close to 512 it is almost the same thing.
To say something connected with the thread:
I think mounts should not be limited only to traveling( now that is wow-like), but that is just my opinion.

Level 12
No, travel mounts should be for traveling.
I suggested making mounts for certain heroes(this depends whether there are heroes who cannot ride mounts(centaurs and etc)). These mounts should give some bonuses(this is the basic Idea, and I am not talking about attack speed, really what kind of mount would give that; for instance a knight - a normal sword fighting hero; a knight on a battle mount - he gets jausting).

Level 9
i have decided almost everything about the mounts. I'll probably keep most of it a secret since it's not done yet and it would be weird to say how something works when i haven't even made it.
For the beta we will probably only have 2 different mounts. Horse and armored horse. But later we plan to add more mounts, but not uber-powerfull-killer dragons. Some of these will be able to attack, but the horses wont i guess.

Oziris 446-446 is really big. I guess it's much to big to be played on b-net. It would lag to much.. =/
personally i will never make a map which is bigger than 256-256.

Dasious, thanks for the name ideas! Now i now what i'll call them. =D

Wrath of the Storms - just think it sounds more like massive destruction lol

Chain of Might - i didn't know what truss was before i saw your message, so i guess a lot of kids who doesn't have english as their first language (like me) wouldn't understand it to.

Level 3
Yeah Wrath of the Storms sounds pretty cool. I actually had to look up a synonym for "Tie up" which eventually came down to Truss. Either way the spell works the same whether its Truss or Chain :grin:.

Hope to play the Beta soon.

Level 9
yohobofire has told me he might finish the rest of the terrain tomorow, so when he does, he has lots of screenshots for you guys!
both of us has just finished school so now we have a very long vacation. This gives us a lot of time to work on the map!
When yohobofire finishes the terrain it's my turn to work on the map, so i'll make all the systems like mounts, the arena, quests so we're soon ready for the beta!
I wont code any spells because i'm almost completely out of ideas. If you guys have any, feel free to share them.

Level 19
Congratulations on finishing school haha:grin:

Here are some spells I made a week ago. This might inspire you. Currently I'm having problems with spell inspiration too:p However, the spells you've made so far inspired me too. So I have to post this:D

Holy Sprites
Cooldown: 12 seconds.
Summons 8 holy sprites (faerie dragon missile) which turn around the caster for 1 second. After the second they will randomly target nearby friendly units and heal them for 30 - 45 hit points.

Whirling Axes
Cooldown: 6 seconds.
Creates 4 axes (rexxar missile) which turn around the caster for 1 second. After the second they will randomly target nearby enemy units and damage them for 80 damage. This ability works with Critical Strike too.

Judgement Strikes
Cooldown: passive.
Gives the hero a 10% chance to stun the target for 1 second, deal 60 bonus damage and blind the target for 6 seconds with every melee attack.
This only works with melee attacks against Undead and Demonic units.

Regrowth
Cooldown: 1 minute.
Gives live to all dead tree's in the area around the caster. There will also come roots around the caster that will protect him; increasing the caster's armor by 18 for 10 seconds.

Backdraft Blink
Cooldown: 10 seconds.
Blinks behind the target and attacks the target with a strong melee hit. Deals 80 damage and knockbacks the target. If the target has under 25% hit points this attack's damage will be doubled.

Confusing Image
Cooldown: 30 seconds.
Creates fake images from all units in the targetted area. Whenever an image get's damage, his real form will take the same amount of damage. The images will be under the caster's control, can't deal damage and will last for 8 seconds. Images will only attack their real side and won't take orders.

Level 9
Thanks for the spell ideas, they sound nice!
i've had a new idea for a feature. It's not very unique, but i've never seen it in a wc3 map. The idea is called "condition system". Basically, this is some functions which lets me apply conditions to certain units. Currently i have only thought of a few conditions:

Blind: 75% chance that an attack will miss.
Cripple: moves 50 slower.
Poison: slowly health degeneration.
Cracked armor: takes more damage.

Feel free to post ideas of other conditions.

Level 15
Disabled: Stunned for X seconds.

And that's all, folks! Here are some positive conditions (if you want them).

Enraged: If the warrior takes enough damage, he will go into a frenzy, running at intense speeds towards enemies, and killing all he sees. His attack, health, AND armor is increased.

Mana-burst: If the (insert caster class here) gets a critical strike with his spells, he will have no cooldowns for any of his abilities, increased spell damage, and no casting time.

Level 9
Actually, stunned is a condition for itself.
I've thought of a few more conditions, but i'll keep them a secret until the beta.

Yohobofire has finished the terrain! He was pathing the map when i spoke to him and maybe he's done now. So i'm sure he'll show you guys some terrain screenies today or tomorow. And then it's my turn to work on the map.
we hope to release a beta before school begins again, but it wont halt us if we don't.

Level 9
In the world of Everwood there used to be a race
to keep it in balance, the elves.
The elves had once defeated the demon lords that sought to maintain this "powerful" land and take over the world.
Few centuries passed and the elves lived in peace untill
the explorers of every race came to this mystical land.
They forged an alliance with eachother and sought to
destroy Everwoods inhabitants, the elves. After a
successful crusade in destroying the elves, none of
them could decide on a proper leader. In this event the
undead, orcs and humans split and counqured their own
territory, and fought eachother in right to claim
eachothers territory. After countless years, this
epidemic still occurs in Everwood.
A guild messenger has recieved word that the demon lords
has been ressurected and plots revenge on Everwood.
In a desperate immideate attempt to save Everwood,
the guild sent messengers around the world to ask heroes
to help aid them in allying the races and defeating the
demon lords.

Last edited:
Level 4
hey everybody, i just finished terraining and here are some new screenies:
everwood1.jpg

everwood2.jpg

everwood3.jpg

everwood4.jpg

everwood5.jpg

everwood6.jpg

everwood7.jpg

everwood8.jpg

everwood9.jpg

Level 3
nice. i hope about epic fights on this map and system that will not make u bored fast, similar to TBR that u have to work hard on the most powerfull items, collecting other to make better.

and well, last time when ppl want to continue projects they making another maps, like dungeons with new features and loot (ragos orpg, comming tbr 2.0) but save/load must work together on all submaps as well as on main map. This is very nice suggestion and maybe u should think about it .

Lots of hard and effective fights + every loot is other than previous (not like every boss drops same items whenever u creating map) + expanded system (stats/skills/items) that will not make u bored + difference between classes and their effectivess early/mid/late game + amount of quests + good terraint = the way to good epic and stunning map

Hope u guys are really tallented in this job (as i see from features and screenshots) and u will not destroy this project like there is alot of nice ideas in rpg maps in web, but everyone is destroyed. GL

Last edited:
Level 9
I guess i can just reveal something now.

Everwood has 3 "tombs", which you can enter.
When a hero enters the tomb, he will move to the preparetion area, and a timer will start. When the timer reaches 0, all heroes in the preparation area will enter the tomb. Tombs are like dungeons with traps and a boss at the end. The tombs will be very hard, so don't go in there alone. The boss which stands at the end has a very low chance of dropping a rare item.

Screenshot number 4 is the entrance to one of the tombs, the castle.

Level 3
and what about stacking items idea? like dota, tbr etc - for example u found 1 rare sword, rare ring, some gems _something like every mob got a chance to drop gem of any class or whatever) and u go to special vendor, pay him and stack these items into 1 powerfull - these vendors can be placed on whole of map, like citys, better ones in tombs full of mobs, islands etc

also what about place some minibosses somewhere in oryginal places on the map who have chance to drop some rare items? good way is also when u can summon boss in some sanctuary, placing needed gems or whatever there

i know that my ideas are took mostly from TBR, but it increases quality of the map alot

Level 9
Something really sad, and very good in some ways, has happened.
The good thing is that Tenebrae has been given the choise of his life or something that he can't refuse. Of course, Yohobofire and I are glad on his way. But now we don't have a modeler anymore.

Therefor, if a talented modeler sees this, you can pm us or write at this thread, then we'll decide if you can join our team.

If you have any questions about us, the map or something else, feel free to ask.

Level 9
Sorry for being very in-active but it was holiday and i needed a break from everything, but now i'm finally back!

First of all, the project hasn't died if you think so, not at all. We've just been very busy with vacations and such..

Progress:
The terrain is almost finished, just need like 2 area and some polishing here and there. the scripts are like 30% done. I still need some of the major systems and a lot of spells. But we're moving forward!

We've found a very nice way to make attachments, so expect some screens soon.

So far i've made the basic of a lave/molten rock armor set. The armor pieces doesn't look good alone, but alltogether i'm sure it will be nice.. =)
The image is inside the hidden tag.

MoltenChest.jpg

I will soon upload a crystal chest if i can finish the UV mapping...
[UPLOADED]

CrystalChest.jpg

Last edited:
Level 3
Those look sweet, Role!!! Wish there was a way I could help out the team.

Really want to play this ORPG!!

Keep up the great work!

Level 9
i've already written it a lot of times but i'll write it again.

Warrior (weapon attacks, shouts, stances)
Ranger (bow attacks, traps)
Priest (healing spells, protection spells, smiting spells)
Hydromancer (water magics)
Pyromancer (fire magics)
Shaman (lightning magics, wards)
Berserker (weapon attacks, stances)
Necromancer (curses, minions, death magics)

I have to go now so i'll add the last 2 later. Sry bout this.. =)

[EDIT]

The 2 classes i didn't write about before is:
Rogue (dagger attacks, shadow mastery)
Druid (nature magics)

Last edited:
Level 1
i've already written it a lot of times but i'll write it again.

Warrior (weapon attacks, shouts, stances)
Ranger (bow attacks, traps)
Priest (healing spells, protection spells, smiting spells)
Hydromancer (water magics)
Pyromancer (fire magics)
Shaman (lightning magics, wards)
Berserker (weapon attacks, stances)
Necromancer (curses, minions, death magics)

I have to go now so i'll add the last 2 later. Sry bout this.. =)
I'm sorry, too many posts to go through all the pages.
You got any personal forum or any chance for your email address?
I could make a list and send it there, not wanna spam this topic full of them :)

Level 9
Oh very nice! =D
I don't mind if you write them here but you can have my e-mail adress.
-->[email protected]<--
also, if you have msn, i use the adress written above.. =)

For everyone who reads this, feel free to add me on msn or send me a mail. I'm always in the mood for talking.. =)
But please mind that i live in GMT +1 timezone, and i have a life, so i won't be active all day.

Btw i added the last 2 classes to the post. I found them on the first page post 8 or something =P

Level 3
got a question - do u need sugestions written on paper (that u can imagine how it would looks like, then u will make code for that) or u need some finished spells, animations, etc.

and important thing, what about skill systems - how much skills per character, how much levels per skill, is character lvl required for any skill?

Rui

Rui

Level 41
You should vary more in the ground textures. Right now, it's just grass with some dirt here and there. The Ashenvale Grassy Dirt is agreeable to be seen, use it more often.

Please do not double-post in less than 48 hours. Use the
edit.gif
button at the bottom right of your post. Thank you.
Good luck for your project.

~Thread Cleaned

Last edited:
Level 9
Well, you can just write some suggestions down on a paper, then i'll look through it and make my own versions of the spells. Of course you'll get credits for this.. =)

About your 3 questions:

I've discussed the skill thingy with a friend, and he came up with a very nice suggestion, nice like hell, but also advanced like hell.. =/
At the start i wanted to create 8 skills for each class, and 2 elite skills. Until yesterday, this was still the plan. But my friend suggested an rather unique skill system.
From a town or city you can access a skill choosing area. Here you can choose up to 8 skills and 2 elite skills, which will then be equipped on the hero. This makes the game a lot more fun because of the masses of different spells and you can't just bring everything. But i would have to make LOTS of spells, so all of them can't be trigger enchanted...
Also, i would have to create a skill choose system. Maybe a very advanced one which fills the entire screen and uses click and equip commands. I can't explain it because it would be difficult, but for the ones who knows coding, a Trackables system.

Every skill has only 1 level, but its effectiveness increases with level, strenght, agility and inteligence.

The player starts with only few skills, but as the game progresses, players will unlock more spells.

Rui, i'll tell Yohobofire what you said about the ground texture. But we have already exceeded the maximum number of tiles, so we can't vary much anymore.
And thanks for cleaning the thread. =)
(Where did i double-post more than 2 times within 24 hours? =0 )

Status
Not open for further replies.