• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Everwood - The unique ORPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
I call this spell Natures Spirits.As a freand i will tell u a original spell.I wanted this to creat for my map but hear: U cast a spell at the hero or unit (ground type) wine reises (on him,over him or around him) and holds him for some time he gets poisond and he cant move and then 5 ghosts appear around him and strart to circle around him and they get in the hero or creep 1 by 1 or at the same time and damge the hero or unit and if he is still alive then he will lose his Hp in time becous of the poison! i hope u like it this is a original idea by me ^^

I don't know if it matches the Everwood theme, but i'll maybe use some of it in some spells. :wink:

Power Shot

This skill is for ranger (yeah, right...). The ranger shoots an arrow towards target direction, dealing damage and knocking every hit unit slightly back.

PowerShot.jpg

Level 9
Curse of the Wicked

Another spell for the necromancer. This time a curse. Cursed Wickeds fly in all directions, cursing all enemies on their way.

CurseOfTheWicked.jpg

Because i didn't submit a spell yesterday, i was very busy, i have made this extra spell you ya. I didn't have much time so it's not very unique, but enjoy anyway.

Fireball

This is the first spell for the pyromancer. It's pretty simple. The pyromancer shoots a ball of flame towards target direction, dealing damage and burning all hit foes along the way. When it reaches its target point, it explodes, dealing damage to nearby enemies. More improvements may come later.

FireBall-1.jpg

Level 9
Not bad. Although I'd like to know what you based the ability on... if you used Shockwave, it'll lag up bad.

What do you mean? All abilities so far, except Nature Spirits, have been trigger enchanted. And i based all of them on Channel.

Triple Shot

Another skill for the ranger. This time the ranger shoots 3 arrows towards target point, but the arrows split the further they go.

TripleShot.jpg

Level 14
Alrighty, here's some screenshots of a model I was asked to make for this project. Behold the almighty Balrog! blaaaarg! ha ha. I had quite a bit of fun making this guy.
As you guys can probably tell, this was inspired by the Lord of the Rings balrog. The only problem is, I couldn't figure out how to give him a whip. If any smart modelers out there know a way I can do it that's free and easy, I'm willing to hear any suggestions.

RolePlaynGamer, how do you do that thing with you screenshots?... y'know, where you can "reveal" and "hide" them, lol

Attachments

• balrogcloseup.png
    balrogcloseup.png
    578.7 KB · Views: 283
  • balrogscreen1.png
    balrogscreen1.png
    219.8 KB · Views: 269
  • balrogscreen2.png
    balrogscreen2.png
    282.5 KB · Views: 287
  • balrogcan'tpass.png
    balrogcan'tpass.png
    846.6 KB · Views: 289
Level 9
RolePlaynGamer, how do you do that thing with you screenshots?... y'know, where you can "reveal" and "hide" them, lol

Upload your foto on photobucket, copy the image tag to the post and finally wrap a HIDDEN tag around it. =)

The Last screen shoot was very funny. xD

I couldn't agree more. I simple love it!

I'll go on vacation this weekend so i won't answer here at this thread untill ... Sunday i think. =/

Level 9
I'll take a trip to london on thursday so i'll be very busy the next day. This is also the reason why i haven't posted any spells since... Thursday.
I think i'll still be able to acces hive from my ipod, but that would require a wireless internet from the hotel.
when i get home i will (hopefully) have time to code all the spells i have in mind.
I'll still be very glad to hear some spell-suggestions from you. The map will be more fun to play if your hero had one of your own skills, right? ;)

Level 9
I'm back from my vacation in London, and now i'll begin working on the map again. Here's is some of the features we still plan to make.

The arena
At the top right of the map there's an arena. It hasn't been terrained yet because we are a little unsure of how it should like and be. But the plan is, that you can fight there against monsters and other players. And if you are bored you can bet your gold on fights between monsters. But we don't know if we are to make like 8 small arenas of 1 big... =/

Crafts
All players can advance in differents crafts. Crafts are fishing, smithing, crafting etc. Around the world there are 'craft masters' which will teach you how to advance in the different crafts. The levels of the crafts is displayed in a leaderboard.

Multibars
In the leaderboard we will display all the other heroes health, mana and maybe experience. We will display it with this system. I think it would be cool if we had an multiboard which took up all the map space and then it displayed a hell of information, like health, mana, experiance, level, kills, deaths, quests completed, craft levels etc. But i haven't said this to anyone yet.

Unique quests
This is an idea i have had. in this map, there will be different quest classes. Repeatable quests, single quests and main quests.

Main quests: The quests that will follow the story. Players will have the same progress in these quests

Repeatable quests: Name says everything; you can complete these as many times as you would like.

Single quests: These quests are pretty unique. Players doesn't have shared progress in these. One guy could have completed it, while another guy hasn't even started it yet.

Normal quests: Normal quests where players share the progress.

Market:
This is pretty cool, at least i think that. =) In one of the cities there is a market. In this market you can buy and sell different items, like fish's, bait, bars and weapons. but the cool thing is that the prices changes every 5 min. or so. So sometimes it's best to wait before selling your loot.

I think this was all. I might have missed a few, but hey i'm a human =/

Level 8
Wow,
That sounds amazing, I Vote for 1 big arena, with the ability to watch others fight for there lives. Also bet on them. =]
It would be nice to gain prizes as you beat different levels in the arena, and even gather more people to watch you [fans] as you get more noted. Also, maybe a special title you can gain after beating a Super boss in the arena. Would be pretty cool. =]

Crafts, they sound good, maybe add another type of Quests, Craft Quests, were you must certain goals to become better at the craft. Sounds good and will keep people with lots of money from maxing crafts in minutes.

Multibars, Sound good, keep up the great work man! =D!

Quests, as long as you add many types of unique quests and different kinds, make the world filled with quests to be done, sounds good. =]

Market, is awesome, Maybe instead of just price changes, item changes, than the ability to host your own items on the market and gaining money for it, kinda like a auction house. Sounds good. =]

I'm glad your back, hopefully you had an awesome vacation, now, good luck on continuing your map!
Great Job!
-Calvin

Level 9
yea but the only bad thing with one big arena is that you can't have 2 fights at the same time. but i have an idea. When you choose to fight in the arena, you are taken to a waiting room where you'll then have 30 seconds before you fight. then the other players can enter the fight, and the more people who enters the fight, the stronger the opponents will be. or maybe i should calculate with their levels =)

And you will advance in crafts by using them. And you can see your craft level at the leaderboard.

And of course i will add tons of quests =)

I'll consider the auction thingy.

And yea, i had a wonderful vacation. =)

Level 8
yea but the only bad thing with one big arena is that you can't have 2 fights at the same time. but i have an idea. When you choose to fight in the arena, you are taken to a waiting room where you'll then have 30 seconds before you fight. then the other players can enter the fight, and the more people who enters the fight, the stronger the opponents will be. or maybe i should calculate with their levels =)

And you will advance in crafts by using them. And you can see your craft level at the leaderboard.

And of course i will add tons of quests =)

I'll consider the auction thingy.

And yea, i had a wonderful vacation. =)

Awesome, xD
You answered most of my questions. =P
I Like that idea with the arena, Sounds good. =]
This is turning out to be a wonderful project, but, are you going to make the world Dynamic? =D
I'd like a world thats always changing, in some way or another, If its NPC's dying and new ones coming.
New shops opening, old ones closing, or maybe even new towns being built and old ones being destroyed. That would defiantly make this project epic. =]
A Dynamic world is what we all want to try and achieve, I think you can do it. =P
-Calvin

Level 8
=D
Cool, =3
Well, Maybe like, not New Cities? But Certain cities get raided can become a Optional quest to save them.
But, If you don't it gets over ran, and can become like a bandit town, Or the bandits leave, and eventually new travelers come and rebuild it? =D
Just giving some ideas mate. =]

Level 8
Everyone says their RPG is unique. This one is clearly not, it is just another normal RPG with a few extra features.

Well, Thanks for pointing out the obvious.
But, from the RPG's that Wc3 currently has for a selection, this would be more of a unique one.
Its hard to create anything unique because everyone has already done it.
Anyways, This project is a very promising one that I'm looking forward too. =]

Level 15
I want to see an RPG with a WORKING armor/weapon equipting system, inventory system, and 3rd person movement system, with a good story and lots of character interaction. This one takes the cake (don't know about the story, though).

Level 9
Argus said:
If you can fit in 8 small ones then perhaps you could make it like, 2 medium and 4 small arenas?

I have already decided how i want the arena to be.

When a hero enters the arena and chooses to fight, he's moved to the waiting room. Then a timer will run and when it reaches zero, all heroes in the waiting room is taken to the arena. Then some monsters will spawn, and then you can fight. The strenght of the monsters is based on the level of all heroes in the group.

Also, when the timer is running, players not fighting in the arena, can go to some 'bet master' and bet their gold on the fight. But you can't bet something insane like 10.000 gold, so it's not the best way to get money.

And maybe, if there hasn't been fights in some time monsters will fight each other. Then you can bet. =)

~Void~ said:
Everyone says their RPG is unique. This one is clearly not, it is just another normal RPG with a few extra features.

Well, why exactly don't you think this one is unique? have you ever seen an ORPG with an equipment system? Or an ORPG with an attachment system? Or an ORPG with armor equips? Or an ORPG with an arena? Or an ORPG with crafts?

If you are not convinced of this ORPG's uniqueness, then i'll try to convince Yohobofire and Tenebrae to release a beta. But it's good that you have an opinion.

I)eadnerzhul said:
I want to see an RPG with a WORKING armor/weapon equipting system, inventory system, and 3rd person movement system, with a good story and lots of character interaction. This one takes the cake (don't know about the story, though).

yea i agree, there's not many ORPGs out there which has satified me. And that's also why i try to make this map as unique as possible. All of us are putting a lot of work into this, because we want to create a map that people like! And if you don't like it, then fine, but remember that we have worked hard to achieve what we have achieved so far.

Level 9
Alright we'll release a beta, but don't expect it to come out very soon. There's still a lot that needs to be done.

Alright, i'm opening the spell posting again! Today i'll give you 6 spells because i have been away for so long. Enoy!

Stomp
I don't know if this is a berserker spell or a warrior spell. But it's a pretty simple spell. Stomp the ground, damaging and knocking nearby enemies back.
Stomp.jpg

Power Blow
This skill is for the Warrior. Another pretty simple one. Hit one enemy, knocking him back and damaging him. The damage and knockback is, of course, greater than Stomps.
PowerBlow2.jpg

Backstab
This skill is for rogue (yea right...). It hits a target enemy, and if the enemy is hit from behind, there's a lot of damage and a stun effect.

Sorry about the image, the floating texts is weird but has been fixed.
Backstab.jpg

Meteor Shower
This is a skill for the pyromancer. the pyromancer channels for some time, and then devasting meteors smash against the earth. The amount of meteors increases with level.

MeteorShower-1.jpg

Thunderstorm
This skill is for the shaman. The shaman invokes series of lightning at target AoE point.

Thunderstorm.jpg

Lights of Heaven
This skill is for the Priest. Several lights form a star and every unit which is hit is damaged.

LightsOfHeaven.jpg

Level 9
simple, but great spells, which can't lack in a real rpg =)

None of the spells i have made so far cause any lag (except lights of heaven when zoomed into minimum distance... =/ )

Talking about lights of heaven i actually think it's to simple in some way... I actually plan on making the lights move a little to the right everytime the distance increases, so that it looks more like a firework.. =)

But anyway, i'll soon make z-height spells like leap attack, so prepare for some flying units.. =)

Last edited:
Level 19
You bad guy!
You make me wanna stop editing my own RPG:p

Very good job here on this work.

Can you tell me at how much % to 'done' you actually are? Or is this hard to answer? I can't wait to try this out.

Level 9
Teuncreemers said:
You bad guy!
You make me wanna stop editing my own RPG:p

Very good job here on this work.

Can you tell me at how much % to 'done' you actually are? Or is this hard to answer? I can't wait to try this out.

Don't stop your project just because you think ours is better. Yours might as well be better than ours.
But about the progres. Well, it's very hard to tell... =b
I guess the beta is 60-70% done and the map is 40-50% done.

Oziris said:
I i am asking now will u use only 1 model for all races? it would be smart becous if u have the armour and swords... u have your models i mean then u dont need to import more ! am i right ?

I'm a little confused here... What exactly do you mean?
We use the same base model for all of the heroes, but Tenebrae is currently animating all 10 of them, so you don't see warriors which fly above ground..
Right now, all of the heroes use the same skin, because we have to be careful about the size. We're near 3 mb, but we also have most of the imports. But the imports we have are also the ones with lowest filesize... =/
But before the release i'll do everything i can to decrease the size, and i think i can decrease it with 1 to 2.5 mb.
And again, we wont have races in this game.

spiwn said:
He meant what he said "lack" not "lag".
He means those spells are a must for any RPG ;)

Oh, well, my fault sorry guys.. =D

Talking about spells, i had 5 min where i weren't busy so i updated Lights of Heaven a little. Take a look and enjoy =)
LightsOfHeavenNew.jpg

Level 19
I have been very busy the following days, so i haven't had the time to make very creative and cool spells, but it seems i won't be busy the next week, so i think i'll make some creative and cool spells. =)

About Nature Spirits, i just saw this cool SFX that i had to use, and it was designed for the rocket skill.

But feel free to post ideas of some unique and creative spells, i would really appreciate it. And of course you will get credit for it =D

Here are some of the spells I made/try to make for my RPG. You can just use them to inspire you a bit. Or even copy them. I don't mind.

- Unholy Charge: Charges to the target. Every unit hit by the hero while charging will take damage and receive a debuff (cripple) which reduces their attack damage, attack speed and movement speed for 4 seconds. The target of the charge will receive 3*strength in damage.

- Watery Bubble: Creates a watery shield around the target. This shield has a X chance to absorb damage (Passive Hardened Skin ability from mountain giant, with minimum damage 0 and max damage 9999999) and an Y chance to restore mana to the target everytime the target takes melee damage.
Whenever the target takes pierce damage the bubble will collapse (like a soap bubble from sharp things:D). (collapse deals 0 damage)

- Cone of Cold: (using the great texture that has been posted on this site like a month ago) Deals X damage + Heroes int and pushes the target back (knockback with an effect of 165..miles?centimeters? well you get it)

- Flame Sprite: Creates a small flame sprite to haunt the target enemy (using the soul burn buff effect). Dealing damage per second to the target and giving him an X % chance to miss attacks made. When the haunted target dies, the flame sprite will jump to a new nearby enemy target.

- Shadow Sprite: Same as above, but this time with a shadowstrike buff effect.

- Boon of the Mountains: Gives the wearer knockback and stun immunity and increases his armor by X for Y seconds.

- uhmz... uhmz... Little tip too, think you don't need it. But every hero in my game has 1 autocast ability. For the melee heroes I made spells like 'Curse' with a trigger that damages the target when he gets cursed. The debuff with the 'chance to miss' effect must last shorter then the cooldown, because the hero will else walk to an other enemy to debuff him too. But like this I let my melee heroes autocast melee abilities instead of buffs/debuffs.

Good luck with your RPG.

Teuncreemers aka Secondsight.

Level 9
Here are some of the spells I made/try to make for my RPG. You can just use them to inspire you a bit. Or even copy them. I don't mind.

Teuncreemers aka Secondsight.

Wow thanks a lot, i actually got a lot of spells ideas there! =D
And some of the heroes (mainly the spellcasters) will have autocast abilities. I already made one for the hydromancer called Frost Shield. It's just a modified version of Frost Armor which took me 5 min. to make and i don't know if i'll delete it. =/

Leap Attack

Well, here it is finally. Leap attack!
This is for the warrior. You probably know what it does, but i'll explain anyway. The hero jumps to target location and deal damage to nearby enemies on impact.

Also, the jump is as realistic as it can get. =)

LeapAttack.jpg

<Unnamed>

This is another skill for the warrior. This time he throws a chain on target enemy and swing it behind him.

Chain.jpg

Level 9
well, anyone has an idea of a name of the bloody harpoon on crack thing? The unnamed spell?

And does someone have a name for the spell i'm showing you now?

<Unnamed>

This one is my favourite spell so far. It's for the shaman.
So basically, the shaman flyes into the air and shoots a chain of lightning at target location. When the chain hits the ground, it begins to shoot balls of lightning in random directions. When the balls hits an enemy, the enemy is damaged.
Lightning.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.