• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Everwood - The unique ORPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, but we're working on something else which we might release before 2009, if we finish it.
Besides, we're first doing a few closed beta runs before we move to the open beta.

>.<

dude! how did you do that mount system, it totally kicksass xD (post 400, oeh yeah)

They probably made a seperate model for it and made a simple replacement spell.

Level 8
Hi,
the loading Screen looks pretty nice.
But there is something, i don't like:
The OPRG Scripture in the right corner looks a lil bit crazy.
It doesn't harmonizes wiht the red Everwood Scripture.
If you would change the Style of the Scripture to the style of the Everwood Scripture, it would looks much more better.
But the Circles and Triangles look awesome. Nice work^^
Edit:
And a few details about the map would be good, too^^

Level 9
Merry Christmas! :thumbs_up:

A present from us to you guys:

Bear.jpg

FelStalker.jpg

Wyvern.jpg

Hippogryph.jpg

Phoenix.jpg

FrostWyrm.jpg

Yes, Everwood will also include flying mounts!

Level 8
Hi,

WOW these screens looks pretty ncie :p
But I've seen on lil "bug":
At the Screen with the Phoenix. The feeds of the Hero are into the body of it^^
And I would change the model of the bear or change the color a little bit, purple looks a lil bit ugly^^
But I've got one questen:
Has every Mount the same properties? And do they have the same price or so?

Level 7
About the abilities, here's a list that I had brainstormed in another thread. Feel free to modify as needed.

Summoning
Status Changing
Damaging

Swarm: Summons masses of tiny creatures to attack enemies
Chaos: Causes an explosion of magical energy, placing random effects upon all in its vicinity
Grapple: Pulls a unit towards the caster, and then hits them for bonus damage
Confusion: The target attacks the unit closest to it
Ambush: Summons several minions at the target location
Stasis: Surrounds the target unit with a magical shield, preventing them from doing anything, but also from being hurt
Displacement: Teleports the target unit to a random nearby location
Smite: Charges for a long time, and then fires a massive projectile at the target
Chain Reaction: Causes a chain of explosions in a random direction
Blaze: Sets the target on fire. While under the effect, nearby units will also catch fire
Pulverize: Sends waves of energy towards the caster from several points around him to damage all enemies in their wake
Identity Crisis: Causes the target unit to rapidly change allegiances for a duration, but return to normal once the effect wears off
Disable: Stuns the target for as long as the caster channels the effect. This drains mana per second
Traitor: Places an invisible effect upon the target unit, which provides line of sight. A second spell can be cast at any time to convert all afflicted enemies to the caster's team
Bodyguard: Summons a protective minion that follows the caster, and heals them whenever possible
Safeguard: Causes all damage dealt to the target to damage the caster instead
Change Places: Teleports the caster to the location of the target, while simultaneously teleporting the target to the caster's original location
Cleave: Takes away half of the target's health. Should they happen to be at 1 health, they will be killed
Mana Swap: Changes the mana pools of both the caster and the target to that of the other
Slow Mind: Causes the target to pause between actions
Balance: Pools all the health of units in the area of effect, and then evenly distributes it between them

Don't worry about having the same spells as someone else, because the other thread seems to have died.

Last edited:
Level 9
Kricz, the mounts won't share the same properties. The players can get a packhorse pretty early on, while mount such as the Frost Wyrm requires a high level and lots of skill. Mounts also don't have the same speed etc.
And the bear has been modified. =P

RoboHippo, thanks for the ideas. I already have pretty much all of the skills written down, but it was useful anyway. Might modify some of them to boss skills. =]

Level 4
cool!!! when its going to be the first open map? ( i know that has been asked again, but i havn't searched these forums about it

Level 9
Progress report

Here's a detailed report on the progress.

Closed beta progress:

Terrain: (100%)
-The terrain is basically done. I don't think Yohobofire has to terrain anymore before we begin on this, but he will have to reterrain some stuff later on.

Abilities: (95%)
-We still need a few abilities (5), but I've got them written down and just need to code them. in the first closed beta, every hero will be limited to 4 abilities, but in the second closed beta, all 11 abilities per hero will be included.

Quests: (60%)
-I still need to add a few quests to the game, but it shouldn't take long because of the Quest System I've developed. We currently only have 4 quests, should end at around 10. In later versions you will experience more than 50 quests, and hopefully more than 100.

Systems: (90-100%)
-All the systems are done and working properly, however some of them might need some more polishment or improvement, time will show. I would say 100%, but I can't be sure.

NPC's: (10-20%)
-Calvin has been very unfortunate with real life stuff the past weeks, but I guess he has recovered now. I really do hope so! So far, we have <10 NPC's, but I'll promise you, alot more will come later!

Balancing: (80%)
-Balancing isn't very fatal in a closed beta, so I would dare saym that it's almost enough balanced. The abilities still need some more balancement though.

Open beta progress:

Terrain: (90%)
-Yohobofire needs to reterrain the dungeons with a lesser scaling, so they'll be larger and more fun to play. He also needs to make indoor terrain in every house in Everwood, because they can be entered.

Abilities: (30%)
-We need around 75 more triggered abilities, but I have most of them written down, so I just need to code them. This will probably take some time. =P

Quests: (10%)
-We need more than 40 quests for the open beta, but I can make quests in no time using my quest system, so I guess this shouldn't take too long.

Systems: (90-100%)
-All the systems are done and working properly, however some of them might need some more polishment or improvement, time will show. I would say 100%, but I can't be sure. We also might make up some shitty new feature, so that I'll have to make a system for that one. =P

NPC's: (5%)
-As already said, our NPC's needs alot of work, so this will probably also take some time.

Balancing: (40%)
-We still need to add creeps and bosses in most of the map, and the new abilities also needs some balancing, so we still have a long way here.

Level 19
Quests: (60%)
-I still need to add a few quests to the game, but it shouldn't take long because of the Quest System I've developed. We currently only have 4 quests, should end at around 10. In later versions you will experience more than 50 quests, and hopefully more than 100.

Maybe a very unpolite question, but how's that system? I tried to make one myself, but I totally failed. Quests are pretty hard, because they are hard to make MUI. (atleast hard for me to make them MUI)

About the rest, very good job!
Can't wait to host this on Bnet once it's done.;-)

Level 4
i have seen the ''worldmap'' screenshot and i believe it is a little small, judging of the space between guilds. it it goig to be the same in the first open ver?

Level 2
Well this MMORPG looks awsome, i bet it will be better than oblivion for the 360. Looks like i have to go buy a new computer to play this map.

Level 9
Topgun989 said:
Well this MMORPG looks awsome, i bet it will be better than oblivion for the 360. Looks like i have to go buy a new computer to play this map.

That's up to you, but one of our main goals with this map is that everyone should be able to play it. The code is top-optimized vJass, we haven't spammed units/destructables/doodads all over, all leaks are cleaned and all garbage is cleared. So far I've not experienced lag in Everwood yet, but I haven't played a full house Bnet game yet either. =P
But if you wanna go buy a new computer, then do so. =]

Karghool said:
i have seen the ''worldmap'' screenshot and i believe it is a little small, judging of the space between guilds. it it goig to be the same in the first open ver?

Well, the worldmap only covers the areas that you can visit when you start playing. We removed instances and other stuff from the worldmap. =P

Level 9
We probably will just use the worldmap or a blank screen as the minimap. =P

Karghool, I'm almost certain the public beta won't come out in january, but the private one will for sure. I basically only need to do abilities before the open beta, the rest is piece of cake. However, all abilities in Everwood are triggered so it might take some time. =P

Btw, I've been thinking of a new feature for a long time, but I'm not sure if I should include it in the map because features of its kind often suck. =s
So, what I'm talking about is a custom attack system which will replace the Warcraft III click-and-attack system almost completely. The system won't be a press-escape to atack system, but a more realistic one. If I should describe it with one word, that would probably be "target-system". With the system you can set a monster as your target, and every x.xx second (depending on your weapons attack speed), you would perform an attack in your heroes direction. If the target is in that direction, the attack will be aimed at the target, if not, you will attack a random enemy (if there is any). Arrows and magik attacks won't follow the target, they'll go in a straight line towards the target, giving the enemy a chance to dodge. I think the good things with such a system is the realism. You can dodge arrows and magiks, you can block attacks, you can evade stuff. This would make the game more of a skillbased game than a game about having the highest level and best gear. I could also do some neat stuff with this and the equipment system, so every class can wield any weapon. I don't know if you guys know this, but our hero model has about 30 different animations, and with this system I could adjust the heroes animations to fit the weapon he's currently wielding. For instance, if you got tired of charging into combat with your berserker, slashing enemies with your axe, you could just go to a shop and buy a bow. Your animation set would be adjusted to the bow animation set, so you're now a ranger with berserker skills.
The thing I like second most about this system is probably the customization part of it. If you want to be a priest with a sword , for instance, just equip a sword and, voila!
The system would be very easy to use. If it's possible to do this, you would just have to right click a target to set it as your target. Else, I'll give players a custom ability or something to set an enemy as your target.
In short, here's a list of things which would be possible with this system:
-dodging, blocking and evading.
-change of animation set.
-adjustable attack speed.
-different attack types.
-a more realistic combat system.
-can wield any weapon.
-more conditions would be possible to implent.
So, what do you guys think?

Level 3
I prefer much more the wc3 battle method it is simple and cool.

But that one is nice too

Level 8
I prefer much more the wc3 battle method it is simple and cool.

But that one is nice too

You mean its for the lazy, and you can leave your guy in a weak mob to level for hours, =P
I vote for new battle system!

I don't like lazy people! xD
Sorry if it sounds like I'm calling you lazy, I'm not,
I'm just not fond of people letting there people level for hours, while not being present.
With a custom system it takes skill and time, =P

ah, wow

thats nice, and how do u do the minimap, or is there none?

Most likely the minimap will either be black or jut the minimap, xD
I Could make a texture for it, but thats more room used, =/ And, NO!
BE PATIENT!

The map will come out when it comes out! xD

Last edited:
Level 3
You mean its for the lazy, and you can leave your guy in a weak mob to level for hours, =P
I vote for new battle system!

I don't like lazy people! xD
Sorry if it sounds like I'm calling you lazy, I'm not,
I'm just not fond of people letting there people level for hours, while not being present.
With a custom system it takes skill and time, =P

Changing the acquisition range makes you able to do right click in order to attack a new unit after killing one i think.

And wow ¿who leaves the hero leveling alone to do other things?. If i play an rpg i stay playing it (and with that system will happen the same thing you are saying)...

Level 8
Changing the acquisition range makes you able to do right click in order to attack a new unit after killing one i think.

And wow ¿who leaves the hero leveling alone to do other things?. If i play an rpg i stay playing it (and with that system will happen the same thing you are saying)...

You've Obviously haven't played long,
I know of many that just sit there and let there people level. AND!
acquisition range also affects there overall range, if I give something a range of 3000, but a acquisition range of 0, it has 1500 range.

So that doesn't always work so well, =P

Level 2
We probably will just use the worldmap or a blank screen as the minimap. =P

Karghool, I'm almost certain the public beta won't come out in january, but the private one will for sure. I basically only need to do abilities before the open beta, the rest is piece of cake. However, all abilities in Everwood are triggered so it might take some time. =P

Btw, I've been thinking of a new feature for a long time, but I'm not sure if I should include it in the map because features of its kind often suck. =s
So, what I'm talking about is a custom attack system which will replace the Warcraft III click-and-attack system almost completely. The system won't be a press-escape to atack system, but a more realistic one. If I should describe it with one word, that would probably be "target-system". With the system you can set a monster as your target, and every x.xx second (depending on your weapons attack speed), you would perform an attack in your heroes direction. If the target is in that direction, the attack will be aimed at the target, if not, you will attack a random enemy (if there is any). Arrows and magik attacks won't follow the target, they'll go in a straight line towards the target, giving the enemy a chance to dodge. I think the good things with such a system is the realism. You can dodge arrows and magiks, you can block attacks, you can evade stuff. This would make the game more of a skillbased game than a game about having the highest level and best gear. I could also do some neat stuff with this and the equipment system, so every class can wield any weapon. I don't know if you guys know this, but our hero model has about 30 different animations, and with this system I could adjust the heroes animations to fit the weapon he's currently wielding. For instance, if you got tired of charging into combat with your berserker, slashing enemies with your axe, you could just go to a shop and buy a bow. Your animation set would be adjusted to the bow animation set, so you're now a ranger with berserker skills.
The thing I like second most about this system is probably the customization part of it. If you want to be a priest with a sword , for instance, just equip a sword and, voila!
The system would be very easy to use. If it's possible to do this, you would just have to right click a target to set it as your target. Else, I'll give players a custom ability or something to set an enemy as your target.
In short, here's a list of things which would be possible with this system:
-dodging, blocking and evading.
-change of animation set.
-adjustable attack speed.
-different attack types.
-a more realistic combat system.
-can wield any weapon.
-more conditions would be possible to implent.
So, what do you guys think?

Priests with swords... hmmm -_-

Status
Not open for further replies.