• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Endless Dungeon (Hive Workshop Edit)

• Wow
Reactions: GhxBronie
Very long Warchaser Style map(will take 4-5 hours to finish)
Not recommended for solo
Tank+healer are essential
there are 3 types of mobs: anti-spellcasters(low armor, medium, a lot of spell reduction), anti-attackers(high armor, heavy, no spell reduction) and bosses
A lot of hidden secrets, puzzles and easter eggs

Changelist (some differences from the epicwar version)
all heros now have 300 movespeed and same colision and turn rate
final boss is harder
finger of death dmg increased
soul burn dmg up 50%
immo dmg increase 50%
lightning shield dmg increase
edo madara armor increased
time beast summon nerf (cd 60s from 30s)
spider ring buffed
dark druid staff lifesteal up to 12%
death coil dmg increased
added item models
Blood key location now randomised
mobs will now randomly drop more items
power tome/boss tome buffed (give more levels and now also grant hp and dmg)
added a 3token item for casters (blessing of the green dragons)

Credits:
NoobShrek model by tillinghast
Big Shrek model by StefanK
Madara model by Kalibri
Item models are taken from here https://www.hiveworkshop.com/threads/icons-to-models-pack.316803/
The rest of the models :https://www.hiveworkshop.com/resources/endless-dungeon-hive-workshop-edit.124536/resources-in-use
Soul Schyte is unused

Edit 1(17.09.2023): changed some armor values and types to units in the ghost area
Edit 2(19.09.2023): Removed extra items from the bringer of darkness boss drop table, added curse ability
Blessing of the green dragons damage buffed
Divine armguard armor increased from 200 to 250
pendant of heavy mana intelligence and mana increased to 50 and 2500
Hell's gloves intelligence increased to 1500 from 1000
Troll Axe now also gives movement speed
Immortal butcher level increased to 223
King of Fire boss replaces lavabrute
Cloak of shadows reveal time increased to 2 seconds
Dark Druid staff stats reduced to 100 from 200
Panda catapults damage increased
Added hero glow to all heroes
Removed shrek cinematic
Edit 3(4.01.2024): Blessing of the green dragons active cd increased to 90s from 30s, passive cd increased to 5s from 3s
Edit 4(7.01.2024): Brawler strength per level increased to 6 from 4.5
Blessing of the green dragons armor reduced to 200 from 250
Invisible heroes now bestow auras
New sunwell item : Heart of Aszune(2 tokens), grants 120 armor,200hp/s,100 all stats and a global heal
New item models added : ankh of reincarnation,allerias flute of accuracy,boots of quelthalas,robe of magi by Matarael
potion of omniscience by Ket
scourge bone chimes, cloak of flames, crystal ball, war drums, ancient janggo from item modles by terrio
ring of protection by republicola
Ring of regeneration regen increased from 200 to 500
Edit 5(3.02.2024): Final boss chain lightning removed, now his other abilities do more damage
Final boss and Madara acquisition range increased to 800
Final regen scroll and greater regen scroll are now more expensive
Edit 6(5.02.2024): Hero stat per level balancing (int heroes now have way more int per level, str per lv upped for almost all non-str heroes)
Fixed Dark Druid staff tooltip (now properly states the stats granted)
Fire Lord boss now only spawns 2 lava spawns per cast (3 of them were a lot and would quickly become unmanageable if not focused down rapidly)
Lava spawn hitpoints reduced from 700000 to 550000
All final damage upgrades now cost 10000 gold, instead of 10000-15000 (based on level)
Contents

Endless Dungeon (Hive Workshop Edit) (Map)

Reviews
deepstrasz
Changes made, Approved.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
Passive skills should have passive looking icons. Can be made with: Button Manager v1.8.2
Some heroes don't have glow. It can simply be added: How to add Hero Glow without Modeling

A simple old-school RPG where the player takes the role of heroes named like kindergarten sex related jokes. Not really close to Warchasers, the gameplay and terrain being for the most part monotonous.

However, I'm sorry, I can't approve this until the twisted Shrek pedophilia stuff you want to call funny is taken out.

Awaiting Update.

If you want more reviews, you should participate in the The Grand Review Exchange!

R U L E S

Site Rules
Map Submission Rules

M A P - D E S C R I P T I O N
BB CODES
BB Codes | HIVE

MELEE MAPS
Description Guide - Melee Maps
Describing Your Melee Map
Melee Map Description Generator v1.3

MAPS IN GENERAL
The importance of a Description
Description Guide - Maps
Map Thread Guide
Map Description Making: Good & Bad
Map Description - Templates
Map Description Generator [1.2]

How to Add a Screenshot to your Map Description

ADDITIONAL NECESSARY INFORMATION
  • A credits list in the map thread description is required where the names of the resource (models, skins, icons, spells, sound etc.) authors are mentioned along with the specific resource. It would be a luxury to have links leading to the used resources. Credits in the Quest Log would be appreciated too.
  • A detailed changelog in the first post would be helpful to reviewers and notify fans about the newest implementations to your map.
  • Map thread tags are important. Please use those that fit and not more or none.

M A P - C R E A T I O N - G U I D E S

If you're not satisfied with the review and wish another opinion, contact the other reviewers or use the staff contact:
https://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/staff-contact.692/

Level 5
Passive skills should have passive looking icons. Can be made with: Button Manager v1.8.2
Some heroes don't have glow. It can simply be added: How to add Hero Glow without Modeling

A simple old-school RPG where the player takes the role of heroes named like kindergarten sex related jokes. Not really close to Warchasers, the gameplay and terrain being for the most part monotonous.

However, I'm sorry, I can't approve this until the twisted Shrek pedophilia stuff you want to call funny is taken out.

Awaiting Update.

If you want more reviews, you should participate in the The Grand Review Exchange!

R U L E S

Site Rules
Map Submission Rules

M A P - D E S C R I P T I O N
BB CODES
BB Codes | HIVE

MELEE MAPS
Description Guide - Melee Maps
Describing Your Melee Map
Melee Map Description Generator v1.3

MAPS IN GENERAL
The importance of a Description
Description Guide - Maps
Map Thread Guide
Map Description Making: Good & Bad
Map Description - Templates
Map Description Generator [1.2]

How to Add a Screenshot to your Map Description

ADDITIONAL NECESSARY INFORMATION
  • A credits list in the map thread description is required where the names of the resource (models, skins, icons, spells, sound etc.) authors are mentioned along with the specific resource. It would be a luxury to have links leading to the used resources. Credits in the Quest Log would be appreciated too.
  • A detailed changelog in the first post would be helpful to reviewers and notify fans about the newest implementations to your map.
  • Map thread tags are important. Please use those that fit and not more or none.

M A P - C R E A T I O N - G U I D E S

If you're not satisfied with the review and wish another opinion, contact the other reviewers or use the staff contact:
https://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/staff-contact.692/
Fine, Shrek Cinematic is removed. Added hero glow and changed the passive icons. How is this not similar to warchasers though?(besides the hero names of course).It's 4 heroes linearly grinding mobs for a few hours. Terrain is mostly flat indeed, but i dont see how i could use the terrain to create a better gameplay for this type of map(tried adding some diversity by adding the water area and some tight corridors, but thats pretty much it). The gameplay is kinda grindy and boring indeed, i was inspired by Wtii's gameplay of this map : Warcraft 3 Badass WarChasers - Warcraft 3 Maps - Epic War.com and i wanted to make something similar (of a better quality though).
Thanks for the review

SpasMaster

Hosted Project: SC
Level 23
Terrain is mostly flat indeed, but i dont see how i could use the terrain to create a better gameplay for this type of map
Boy oh boy.

As someone who spent half a lifetime in 'this type of map', I can tell you that there is plenty you can do.
Puzzles are a great way to have your environment weave in with gameplay and it can also introduce a change of pace which is necessary in a map where otherwise you'd be doing nothing but killing stuff. It can also make players go around and have them look for clues.

Warchasers is quite a simple map and that's fine.
If you are looking for something to be a next stepping stone to be inspired from instead of Warchasers, try this out:
Cavern of Chaos