• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Dark Invasion II v2.14

An Epic ORPG featuring a custom combat system among many, many other things.
www.DarkInvasion.co.nr

This version allows access to most areas of the final map. More areas will be unlocked and more content will be added in future updates.

Keywords:
Dark Invasion II, Dark Invasion, Dark Invasion 2, Arkan, Pidda
Contents

Dark Invasion II v2.14 (Map)

Reviews
07:01, 3rd Oct 2008 VGsatomi: Wow, I've never seen so many diverse multiboard options before. Very inclusive RPG that has just as many features as most console RPGs. Quite simply some amazing work. Camera movement can be a hassle, as seen in every...
Level 10
This game is great, I'm not usually into the ORPGs but after that review from VG then trying it out myself, how could I possibly rate it anything lower than a 5? I didn't really enjoy the combat system though, but since it was all so insanely well made that's probably just my personal opinion and not an error or bug of some sort, so, fantastic job, really great quality work, this is the sort of thing that should be submitted more often, you make war3 look better, and all us other mappers look bad lol, again, great job.

5 / 5

-Teld

Level 4
I loved this map , I didn't play long but it was a great experience and you really know how to make an awesome RPG,

1 negative point :
At the start of the game you have a really weak hero and it is hard to pull the weak murlocs out of the group ,(if you even find 1) and you will most of the time be attacked by multiple or 1 stronger murloc that you cant kill yet

edit: This is a big problem at solo , with a full game this wont matter.

Level 9
I loved this map , I didn't play long but it was a great experience and you really know how to make an awesome RPG,

1 negative point :
At the start of the game you have a really weak hero and it is hard to pull the weak murlocs out of the group ,(if you even find 1) and you will most of the time be attacked by multiple or 1 stronger murloc that you cant kill yet

edit: This is a big problem at solo , with a full game this wont matter.

Yeah, it's kinda hard when you ain't got a healer or one with White spells, you should make somekind of really cheap (Out of combat poison or such). I played it with two of my friends and we had to run back to the crystals after every 5 creeps we killed because we all lost a small amout of HP after each creep :eek:

Other than that, this map is perfect, I will try to get a level or ten today :grin: GREAT WORK!

I played it again and figured most of it out. I dont know if you have fixed these bugs yet, so im listing the ones i didnt mention earlier.

-Some spells that are aimed at an enemy damage yourself. Mostly the black magic ones

-I was playing this on LAN with a friend and when i left the game, it spawned my character repetatively at the save crystal.

Suggestions:
-The mage classes are nothing compared to the other classes as far as damage goes. on a single strike, a level 30 mage deals nearly half the damage a level 30 warrior does

-For single player modes, i think the creeps should have a lower percentage of health, or perhaps a lower armor. This would make the game more playable on single player, since not everyone has the internet.. or friends. =/

-Meals should sell for way more and be consumable as well. This gives players more of a reason to cook, while also making cooking profittable.

Overall, still i rate this 5/5. The map is great, as i stated earlier.
Sorry if i mentioned something you already fixed. It's hard to go and check every post on this crappy internet.

Level 19
Wow, this is a brilliant map!!!
The use of multiboards is ingenious and the gameplay is extremely fun!
I didnt like ORPGs before but now im not so sure...
Its a pity this is never hosted anywhere...
You should make a singleplayer mode like warhunter suggested and perhaps shape creep stats in relation to the number of people playing!!!
5/5 +rep!

Level 12
Follow the link the description if you want a changelog.

Anyway, this is a brilliant map and I had hours of fun playing it, not many flaws in my opinion, its just awesomely excellent, and deserves a good 5/5 from me. Keep up the great work, I was always a fan of Dark Invasion.

Level 6
Hi

hey guys were us play this map?
i want to a team to play with me in Garena but have no ppl playing in it =/
is someone can play with me call me at garena "youkaiz"

I am templar lvl 17.

and, i having some problens with 2.09 have 2 fatal errors and close wc3 10 mim after init game, if need i can post replay here(game with 5 players all lvl 1)

after this o played with more 2 players and don't have more errors.

Level 4
This game had quite a bit of a learning curve for me, especially since it had so many things at the beginning.

I haven't played it since 1.05 though, but this is one of the BEST RPG's I've seen on WC3. One thing that does irritate me is the format of the numbers that you're using; 1.05 = past 1.0, and imo, 1.0 = finished map, at least, mostly finished if nothing else. I feel that the game doesn't have enough depth for the version, and by the changelog, granted you did add a bit more, it's still...yeah.

Well, you can't change it now, but please be considerate next time, me and a buddy were like "WTF" when all the sudden we got to the end and there was so much more on the map.

Level 9
This game had quite a bit of a learning curve for me, especially since it had so many things at the beginning.

I haven't played it since 1.05 though, but this is one of the BEST RPG's I've seen on WC3. One thing that does irritate me is the format of the numbers that you're using; 1.05 = past 1.0, and imo, 1.0 = finished map, at least, mostly finished if nothing else. I feel that the game doesn't have enough depth for the version, and by the changelog, granted you did add a bit more, it's still...yeah.

Well, you can't change it now, but please be considerate next time, me and a buddy were like "WTF" when all the sudden we got to the end and there was so much more on the map.
Sorry for the disappointment :)
I named it 2.XX to make sure it wouldn't be confused with the map Dark Invasion 1.

2.10 is being worked on, and it will unlock more areas, so stay tuned.

Level 6
Hi. im again.

Arkan can you make hot keys to inventory options?

like as.
Q,W,E,R
A,S,D,F
Z,X,C,V

I think it will help to use inventory itens.
And the desert area is the last area in DI 2.09? Im get lvl 46 in desert but i don't know were is the next area.

Level 18
i played further into v 2.11

bad things -

1) Exp rate got dropped ! it was hard enough getting xp in the old versions. i suggest you restore the xp rate to what it usto be. i was playing with a rogue for about an hour, and only got to level 2 >.>

2) im not sure, but i dont think " great stand " the first warrior tecknique works.... i used it, and there was no buff to confirm that it rasies defence, and i didn't notice a change in enemy damage dealt.

3) the enemies dont spawn enought like they usto. I was in shandare forest for a good 10 minutes...and i didn't find 1 enemy to fight ! you should try and restore it to what it was, with tons of creeps running around.

good things about the update :

1) new menus are awsome.

2) night and day envirnmental effects are really cool.

3) manny cool things added i noticed in the map.

keep working on this :p

Level 19
Sounds like you were playing singleplayer...
Its better to get some friends together to play with.
Many buffs are purely trigger based (Like Great Stand), if you go into your character sheet thing, you will see it.

Level 6
i think is too easy to level up.
I played about 6 hours to get lvl 45 with templar, if you know how to play you can level up very fast.
And i help my friend to get lvl fast he get lvl 30 in 2 hours.

Level 3
I really loved playing this map. I really enjoyed how you used a Shadow Knight and that hasn't been used often if I'm correct.

This is a great OPRG and it is absolutely amazing looking. I saw the trailer on youtube when a friend told me to view another video and saw your great terrain and all the systems you implement and it is crazy. Good luck with updates and improvements, I'd also like to wish you luck with Zedena Wars.

Level 12
FUCKING FUCKING SICK!! Best rpg ever, but too advanced for me :( thats so fucking sick, how long did this take to make?

Didn't understand how to buy things though :p And one question, does everyone see the floating texts that appears when ex.. talking to a npc?

But sad thing.. after this i'll never even attempt to create an rpg.