• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Dark Invasion II v2.14

An Epic ORPG featuring a custom combat system among many, many other things.
www.DarkInvasion.co.nr

This version allows access to most areas of the final map. More areas will be unlocked and more content will be added in future updates.

Keywords:
Dark Invasion II, Dark Invasion, Dark Invasion 2, Arkan, Pidda
Contents

Dark Invasion II v2.14 (Map)

Reviews
07:01, 3rd Oct 2008 VGsatomi: Wow, I've never seen so many diverse multiboard options before. Very inclusive RPG that has just as many features as most console RPGs. Quite simply some amazing work. Camera movement can be a hassle, as seen in every...
Level 4
Best use of multiboards i've ever seen.

Still, there is a huge lack of information for us noobs. I tried with with 4 ppl who had never played it before and none of us understood how to do basic things such as buying abilities for instance.

Took about 5 minutes before everyone had left :\

Level 1
First off your maps are amazing they are well detailed but not over detailed Like some maps i know of, now im posting to see if your going to do a quick update of the game so it can be played with the new Bnet patch:hohum:

Level 3
Quoting Arkan from the DI-forum;

Sadly, the new Blizzard patch has rendered alot of wc3 maps unplayable, including DI2. I've spent some time trying to make the map compatible with the new patch but with no luck so far. Thank you Blizzard :/

The issue has to do with if/elseif/else statements containing returns (DI2 has alot of them), going through them all is a pain, and I'm not even sure what action to take to actually fix it.
Since Blizzard only cares about DotA we will have to rely on the wc3 community to come up with a solution for this. These are sad times indeed...

So right now the progress has been halted pretty much. Hopefully Blizzard will release a patch or fix, otherwise.. Well =/

Level 1
Blizzard is just n00bs to only care about dota. I mean its a crappy game, why does people love it so much?! Its too gay! Fuckhead blizzard :O

ok first your the noob. dont start QQing about the makers of the game you wake up to play. dota is a good game for those who like to have worthy adversarys instead of stabbing npcs all day. i love playing rpgs but when i get mad i like stomping weems all over Bnet.

Cokemonkey11

Code Reviewer
Level 29
ok first your the noob. dont start QQing about the makers of the game you wake up to play. dota is a good game for those who like to have worthy adversarys instead of stabbing npcs all day. i love playing rpgs but when i get mad i like stomping weems all over Bnet.

lol'd.

You're in the wrong forum buddy.

Level 3
We're still in progress!

Here's the latest post on the official forum to show you that it's still in progress:

Me and Arkan had a discussion today about the latest version of Dark Invasion II. And we came to the conclusion that we'll be able to release it "pretty" soon. While speaking of it, I suddenly got the urge for terraining and he felt like doing some scripting. (yay!)

So right now..
I'm going over all the terrain again, making small changes here and there. Arkan is fixing all the scripting and implementing my brilliant quests and ideas :)

Here's some screens of the two areas that will be released for all of you that haven't seen it.

midgardcity.jpg

nifelheim.jpg

-----
nagdalis1.jpg
[/spoiler]

nagdalis2.jpg
[/spoiler]

Check to forum for more updates and news:
http://darkinvasion.co.nr/

Level 3
Like saphiree said, 2.13 is released!

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
v2.13
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
Save/Load Compatibility: 2.11+
´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´

New Features
============
-Dark Invasion II now properly works with patch 1.24b
-Unlocked new areas
-Updated Terrain
-Updated the Item database
-Updated the NPC database
-Updated the Beastiary
-Added 5 new quests
-Added 2 new abilities
-Max Level is temporarily set to 75
-New custom interface (WiP)

Bug Fixes
=========
-

Balance Changes
===============
-Changed some abilities from being 'Unit Target' to 'Point Target'
-While executing a Chain-Attack, enemies will not be able to target you specifically
-Improved enemy Attack Speed accuracy (now uses Timer instead of TriggerSleepAction)

Level 1
Map is great.

I always wanted to make a 3D rpg but never had an art team, so I thought WC3 would be a good choice.
Thanks for inspiration and verifying what I had in mind was possible.

Do you need a programmer for this project?
I took data structures in java, and have some knowledge of c.
I've been taking a look at jass and it doesn't look bad.
I'm pretty good at algorithms, optimization, etc...
PM me if you want.

Level 19
A lot better.
Personally, I don't see why CWs map is so popular, there is absolutely nothing special about it.
Oh wow, he knows how to put a transparent black mask over the screen to make everything seem dark, whoopee!

Level 13
Well, i actually better like CW's terrain than the terrain in this map. (This map still has epic terrain.) But the game play is just like 10 times better in this one. If you play Diablo III Warcraft you have fun the first couple of times. But if you play this one you have to play it like 100 times before you even start thinking about its getting boring!

Level 3
It's pretty difficult to terrain for a map that use both the normal camera (although locked on the unit) and 3D/Third person view.

Can't have big differences between valleys and mountains. The structures must be carefully placed to make sure you don't get stuck with the camera etc etc.

Level 3
Btw..... may i know whats the max magick spell level there is for white....... coz i can't seem to find any more white magick spells after the 3rd level magick

Level 2
Nice :thumbs_up: incredible and unbelievable amazing ,oh man all those systems are so awesome XD, but the interface could be better , a hue that cover everything isn't a very nice idea. Also the camera of the character portrait , sometimes it just display the leg or the waist :razz:

Level 1
Just played this map and I loved all aspects of it, although I'm finding the camera a bit nauseous sometimes, nonetheless its really nicely detailed.

Level 3
this map is great, but if you make the map protection alot stronger to stop people from hacking it then this map is awesome :D

It doesn't matter if you use really good protection, it will still get hacked. Arkan made some really freakin advanced anti-cheats for the first Dark Invasion. It took the hackers a while but they still managed to crack it.

Still, it's kinda fun to check the forum and read about all their problems when they were trying to crack the anti-cheat :p

From the forum where Dark Invasion 1 got hacked:

"This map is imba protected against cheats i'm working on the single player for 1 hour..."

"To whoever made this

I hate ure protection :p XD"

"to give you an idea of how crazy the anti crack code is in here...yesterday, i was testing the save functionality...also, there are some admin/debug commands already built in, however they are disabled triggers and then again to turn on debug the players name in the original map had to be one of the 3 developers (i just set the return value to true, now anyone can turn on debug and anyone can use the admin commands - which already do the cheats for you like -gold and -str -luk -agi -int etc) - however even these commands and any attempt to alter character state is triggered, somewhere, to detect cheating - currently if you, even in single player, type "greedisgood X", your gold and lumber gets reset to ZERO. even with the admin command enabled now using -gold X, it still gets reset to ZERO...changing any stat gets it reset to 1....he really put a ton of code in here to detect cheating and there's a whole maze of things to go through.
im going through every single trigger right now and there's well over 1,000 of them in the JASS main/setup functions."

"oh ya i meant to say, as a funny example - yesterday when trying to get through some of the admin commands to get them to work (and not reset stat to 0) instead what happened when i was able to crack through the line of calls and functions on one of the commands (-lum, so i was trying to get the -lum command to work to give you more lumber which is "AP" points in this map) - so i got out the blocking and resetting to zero code, but guess what happens instead now? doesnt reset to 0, but, 10 seconds after i type -lum and get my lumber up, the game starts spawning infinite numbers (endless loop) of footmen all around my character. within a few seconds, game freezes, in fact my whole PC freezes and have to hard-boot.
its like he has a fucking AI sitting there to detect cheating.
bastard."

Really like the last part here :)

Level 5
All i can say is it LOOKED really good. Didn't get to play it because my friends computer couldn't run it and I rarely play games without him :p.