• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Dark Invasion II - [ORPG]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 18
wow. i have played it for a good hour now.

great update work.

--inventory is bigger :D
--sounds when you move within the multiboards :D
--new icons :D
-- less lag :D

So far i am a evel 4 knight.

there are some annoying things though :/

i played with a wizard, and when he casts a spell, and while he casts it, he gets hit by an attack, the spell backfires and hits the wizard instead. This makes playing in single player with a wizard Annoying as hell :/

other than that, my knight is becoming powerful (one hit KO the level 4 fishbones :p)

Level 2
Is there like any special place for fishing , since i threw the bait like 30 times and caught nothing, got both the fishing rod and bait.

Level 18
hmm okay.

ill wait til 2.07 : /

but umm in 2.07, change the starting Tecknique abilities in daghran village, because there are no offencsive spells. So in the beggining its a good 3 hours before you hit level 4 with a rogue >.>

at least put in "break" or something in the starter area.

Level 8
2.0.7 is out and yeah playing a rogue in the begginig is close to listening to ur granny...

Level 9
Is there like any special place for fishing , since i threw the bait like 30 times and caught nothing, got both the fishing rod and bait.
The waters that have bubbles in them contain better fish, but are also harder to catch in.
To be more successful, you need more LUCK (the attribute) and better fish rod and bait.

2.0.7 is out and yeah playing a rogue in the beggining is close to listening to ur granny...
:D
Well, if you have the possibility, join or host a multiplayer game and leech around some other player too speed things up. I don't plan to switch around the skill shops.

Level 18
actually, i figured something out after i restarted version 2.07

i play witha rogue right now ( he's up to 26 in V 2.07 )

all you have to do to get his level up quick in the beggining, is to buy 2
iron guantlets, which should only cost 80 gold. It gives you a woppping 8 strength. nearly triples your attack damage.

i got to level 6 in about half an hour. after that, things get even easier.

whats even better is if you learn some white sorecery. I have a healing rogue. He has regen, and the cure spell. Coupled with Mantra, he kicks major ass, and doesn't even loose HP in a fight with level 38 gargoyles .. and hes only level 26 :p.

sorry but, i luv this game. its really awsome.

Level 3
Here you go.

`~!@#$%^&*()-_=+?

Hope thats all you need.

BTW Arkan, im back from my major break from WC3 and DI2 Is fantastic! Ive been playing alot lately and cant help but noticing that you need a loading screen :p.

Level 6
1)
This ORPG is one of the best i have seen. The unique attack system, custom attack icons and the multiboards make you feel as if you are playing a MMORPG game. However, the camera settings will bug out if you change from 1 to 5 and back to 1.

2)
May i ask how did you do the attack system? I have been trying to do somehing like that but to no avail. Does it need Jass?

Level 9
Yeah, everything is Jass and vJass.

For the combat system, I have a spell with a 0.1 sec cooldown as attack, trigger it to check the hero's surrounding enemies and then perform actions. Posting the actual code wouldn't help much I think.

Level 18
lol :O

just a question

in Version 2.07 what is the highest level place to travel to ?

because i got to level 42 on my rogue/cleric, and balbista was the last place. i couldn't find any boats or anything to other places :/

also you might want to fix some bugs with V 2.07 .

there is an annoying thing, where mobs respawn on mountains or in the water, where you cant reach them. once the area reaches the limit of mobs in one area(for instance, the death rock passage) you end up not fighting anyone in that area for the rest of the game : /.

It happens mostly in Morghen Mountains and the death rock passage. Also happens a bit in Alazamir woods.

perhaps you have to map out better the respawn points, or change the pathability of the terrain or something so that they arn't stuck on mountains ( happens alot when you use strike of fury, pushes them into the mountains )

-----

one more thing. in the morghen mountains, the mountains get in the way of the camera... it is a real hassle sometimes. perhaps make the mountains a bit smaller :?

and one last thing. where do you get the gate key to enter the Anubian catacombs??

btw : my rogue is level 42, has 1200 HP, does 2000 damage, 5000 crit, and heals for 300 via cure, and 480 via mantra.

Level 4
i dunno if its just me but when i use the regular save and load it wont show the cooldown bar and if you save during respawn time there will be floating number at the crystals location where you respawn

Level 9
Thank you :)

New release:
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
v2.09
Save/Load Compatibility: 2.06+
´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´

New Features
============
-Added 2 new quests
-Added 16 craftables
-Monsters now have to channel certain skills
-Updated the beastiary
-Updated the item database
-Updated the NPC database
-Made some improvements on enemy behaviours
-New icon for Break
-Removed the small delay before a buff/ailment icon disappears in the status field after a buff/ailment runs out
-Crystals now remove ailments
-Added a sound effect for "Miss!"

Bug Fixes
=========
-Fixed a bug with Leak
-Fixed an XP related bug
-Fixed an exploit
-Tweaked Multiboard widths in the Status Screen to avoid cut-off numbers
-Consumables that remove ailments actually work now
-Buffed the dummy in Volgerad so it doesn't die

Balance Changes
===============
-Replaced Defend with EnGuarde
-Increased price of Divine Cross
-Rebalanced several items
-Buffed EVA growth on Rogue
-Buffed STR growth on Witch
-Buffed MAG growth on Ranger
-Nerfed STR growth on Templar
-Slightly reduced Attack Speed and Damage on 2-Handed Swords
-Lowered duration of Mute
-Replaced some traits and rebalanced others
-Buffed offensive Anger Abilities (they now use a special "damage type" unaffected by DEF/MDEF)
-Nerfed Mana Strike slightly and added formula to tool-tip
-Changed the way cooking experience is earned

Level 9
New update, enjoy!

v2.10
Save/Load Compatibility: 2.10+
´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´

New Features
============
-Split the Save/Load codes into 3 separate but connected codes
-Saving now also saves Experience, 16 items and 20 abilities
-Unlocked new areas
-Added a global blue fog at night
-Added 10 new learnable abilities
-Added 5 new quests
-Expanded the quest limit from 5 to 8 and made some changes to the Quest Manager
-Max Level is temporarely set to 70
-Transports are now shown on the minimap
-General code improvements and clean up of unused stuff
-Improved and redesigned certain aspects of the Battle Engine
-Made some changes to the Status Screen
-Remade the Ability Manager
-Reworked the Spawn engine
-Added more weapon attachments
-Updated Terrain
-Updated the beastiary
-Updated the item database
-Updated the NPC database
-Decreased visual size on items
-You may now unlearn traits for a hefty price
-Items that aren't picked up after 180 seconds disappear now

Bug Fixes
=========
-Fixed a fatal error sometimes caused by Witch's Anger Ability
-Fixed the tool-tip for Rogue's Anger Ability
-Fixed a bug with Aquablast combined with Extract
-Fixed a bug that sometimes caused enemy spells to fire at the crystal in Draghan Village
-Fixed some calculation errors in spell damage
-Fixed a bug that allowed monsters to complete channeling after being killed
-Fixed a visual bug with weapons disappearing after death
-Fixed a cooldown issue with Divine Cross
-Fixed a bug related to digging

Balance Changes
===============
-Reduced total Sorcery Points to 6 and changed levels when you get them
-Redesigned many Buff/Ailment abilities
-Rebalanced many Magicks and their cost
-Replaced Vanish with Quicken
-Replaced Poison (the skill) with Envenomed Weapons
-Nerfed Templar's Crusader duration (60 --> 50 sec)
-Updated and replaced some traits

Level 3
Is there still not any kind of pvp in DI?

Converting all code & re-balance everything for PvP is just too tedious. Arkan might add the idea of signing up as solo or as a team though and battle through computer opponents.

I'm not saying PvP will ever be implemented, but Arkan simply do not have the will power to do it now. And it certainly won't happen before the map is "complete".

Status
Not open for further replies.