• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

LOAP ORPG Phase1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
After LOAP Arena and LOAP Custom ,these two breakthrough on LOAP map editing ,this time I am going to introduce my new project ,LOAP ORPG Saga.

This series of LOAP will be divide into four maps ,four phases ,both of them will be in different themes but share the same storyline.

The LOAP ORPG Phase 1 is still in progress ,but it is almost finish ,also I will report the processing of LOAP ORPG Phase 1 in this post.

Terrain: 95%
Characters: 95%
Quests: 65%
Game Modes: 0%
Save/Load System: 0%

Now here come the features in LOAP ORPG Phase 1,

-Basic elements of a LOAP
*Like jobs ,house ...fooling around in the town.

-Four different races ,Nine different classes
-Each class have two factions you can choose
*Every characters in every races have been finished ,but only Human race will be available in the release of LOAP ORPG Phase 1.

-Unique quest system
*A stand alone quest system ,you can only receive quest from NPCs ,and the reward of quest also unique to other players ,which mean you won't suddenly get levels up when someone finish the quest ,unlike the original quest system from WC3 ,actually more ORPG game start using the unique quest system too.

-Quest value system
*You will have a limited quest values when you create a character ,every quests will cost you an amount of quest values ,also you cannot earn more quest values in game ,which mean you cannot receive any quest when your quest values reach zero ,also prevent the players finishing a same quest again and again.

-Reputation Value System
*You will not receive any reputation value at start ,you can only earn reputation values from some quest which involved you into some serious business ,also the reputation value will affect how many people you can control in PVP mode (Provisional Name).

-Game Modes
*Because the town size have occupied like a half for an epic map ,so the game play will be divide into four chapters ,and different creeps ,quests and dungeons will be available in different chapter.

*Chapter 1 - Lv1-20 Creeps / 1 dungeon available
*Chapter 2 - Lv21-40 Creeps / 1+1 dungeons available
*Chapter 3 - Lv41-60 Creeps / 1+1+1 dungeons available
*Chapter 4 - Lv61-80 Creeps / 1+1+1+1 dungeons available

*This game mode can also prevent low levels player leeching exp from high level creeps effectively ,also there will be more limit setting to deal with the character challenging higher level creeps.

*There will be two special game modes in this map.

*PVP mode (Provisional Name) - You can employ an army to fight for you ,but you will not gain any exp in this game mode.
*Town Raiders (Provisional Name) - You and your friends will be spawn at the outside of the town ,what you have to do is find a way to get in the town and kill everyone.

-Story
After the invasion of Burning Legion ,three biggest races was once united but they have broke apart and start an other endless war again...

But a huge group of refugees have left their homeland during the invasion of Burning Legion ,travel far far away form the world they have known ,there is a new world waiting for them.

Surprisingly there are people living on this land earlier than them ,and these aborigines have developed their own advanced technology ,even higher than any nations in the world they have seen.

Of course not only them ,there are also many powerful creatures they have ever seen ,so finally they have decide to cooperate with the aborigines for surviving ,and they have built their own town in four different places ,which also indicate their honor will be rise on this land like on Azeroth once again.

Unfortunately ,they don't know there is a darkness ,mysterious creatures waiting for them...

ScreenShot003.jpg

ScreenShot002.jpg

ScreenShot001.jpg

Screenshot004.jpg

Screenshot005.jpg

Last edited:
Level 4
Another Loap.. sigh. BUT: it seems this one is better then every other one. (it dont involves gods ehh?)
It will ,at least the story will involve those gods ,you may check out the background story.

Also don't need to worry about those gods ,they will just become a NPCs ,Dungeon Bosses or just a part of the background if they really need to show up on this map.

Actually you can say this is another ORPG map ,I just combine ORPG elements and some of my creative in LOAP map editing.

So the balancing will not be a problem in game ,if there is really a problem on balancing ,I will fix it like other ORPG game.

No secret ,no rigged character and no cheat in my LOAPs.

Level 4
Added two screenshot.
a dungeon entry ,an mysterious place.

The quests are in slow progress right now ,
suddenly lost the touch on creating story =(
but I am still working on it ,it just quite slow.

Status
Not open for further replies.