1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Head to the 33rd Modeling Contest Poll and drink to your heart's desire.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Choose your means of doom in the 17th Mini Mapping Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. A slave to two rhythms, the 22nd Terraining Contest is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The heavens smile on the old faithful. The 16th Techtree Contest has begun.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The die is cast - the 6th Melee Mapping Contest results have been announced. Onward to the Hive Cup!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The glory of the 20th Icon Contest is yours for the taking!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Dark Invasion II v2.14

Submitted by Arkan.
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
An Epic ORPG featuring a custom combat system among many, many other things.
www.DarkInvasion.co.nr

This version allows access to most areas of the final map. More areas will be unlocked and more content will be added in future updates.

Keywords:
Dark Invasion II, Dark Invasion, Dark Invasion 2, Arkan, Pidda
Contents

Dark Invasion II v2.14 (Map)

Reviews
07:01, 3rd Oct 2008 VGsatomi: Wow, I've never seen so many diverse multiboard options before. Very inclusive RPG that has just as many features as most console RPGs. Quite simply some amazing work. Camera movement can be a hassle, as seen in every...
  1. 07:01, 3rd Oct 2008
    VGsatomi: Wow, I've never seen so many diverse multiboard options before. Very inclusive RPG that has just as many features as most console RPGs. Quite simply some amazing work. Camera movement can be a hassle, as seen in every other map with a 3rd person PoV, especially when moving over uneven terrain. Very difficult to play solo. The terrain looked quite beautiful, to say the least. Environmental effects were splendid. Perfect implementation of imported models. Group quests made multiplay perfect and fun. File size suits bnet play very well. Overall you have to search very hard to find any significant faults with this map. Top notch work.

2. XenoSword]cn[

XenoSword]cn[

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I don't understand how to begin the game, such as making a character.

New Post: Now I understand, by using the Arrow Keys, you can select your characters. It would be great if it told us that in the beginning of the game or game intro.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2008
  3. Arkan.

Arkan.

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Thanks for the kind review/approval VGsatomi!

XenoSword]cn[ glad you figured it out, I'll make it more clear for the next version.

4. Werhampfter

Werhampfter

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Yeah cool map!
    I like it... awesome multiboard and the whole system is cool! ;)
    Good work dude!!!

I'm fishing the whole day *G*. :D

5. Rommstein

Rommstein

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Nice man, 5/5, awesome !

6. XenoSword]cn[

XenoSword]cn[

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    What I really love about this, is the Combat System. It's almost like Final Fantasy 13 Combat system, you have to wait for the White Bar to finish to attack with full strength again.

7. onisaiyan808

onisaiyan808

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Arkan., you are an ORPG genius. The combat system is great although when I was on B.Net playing the map, al lot of people complain about the combat system. The fishing really takes a while like real life. I've been waiting for this map to come out for a long time and it's more than what I've expected, good sir.
    Infinity/5

8. moosenoir

moosenoir

Resources:
    Resources:
    I would like to know if there is any kind of PvP in this map? :D btw,
    best GAME ever, im gonna play this as my main game.
    Thanks for it Arkan!
    ________
    DirtylilAsian

Last edited: Sep 14, 2011
  9. duke-zip

duke-zip

Resources:
    Resources:
    I almost @#$)*$*@#$(*#)*(!!!0349 when i found out this was an ORPG (let ur imagination run wild). Can't wait wait to try this "Top Notch" 5/5'd ORPG. *Reserved for rating*

Ok. I played seriously 5 mins. U know why? Stupid friend chose the wrong class and wanted a RM! BUT OH MY GOD! One of the best maps that include a touch of everything i was looking for. I like the cams and scenery, reminds me of Legacies (which is the only thing i liked about that game). I like the attack system, the char models. Only thing i am going to look for when i play again are custom wep models, which i think i saw for the starting chars but i'm not sure for new weps. 5/5 regardless, great job. Expect more from me

Meeting Hall::::: Feel free to come to Clan RPG @USWest if you're looking for a game. Today we had a full house priv game of this map with just clannies. Would love to do this more often since pubs can be a bother, i am Duke-zip @Lordaeron

Last edited: Oct 6, 2008
  10. hunter6

hunter6

Resources:
    Resources:
    it rocks

11. nickba

nickba

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Its a nice RPG,but you must do something about the camera.Sometimes I can not see my char because of the trees.Good Work.

12. LusciousK

LusciousK

Resources:
    Resources:
    This is a really good map, and I must say the few complaints here are irrelevant. Just because it isn't blaring across the screen in front of you just take the time to read go play around with settings click things it's not really hard.

13. duke-zip

duke-zip

Resources:
    Resources:
    i have been playing most of today, all i can say is great job. The only thing this really needs is a better instruction system. F9 doesn't have near enough for everything out there, and the tips don't help too much. It is really hard for a new player to learn how to start and such. Some people accidentally choose a class, so I think u should either make the picking instructions more clear or an Accept/Decline request before u spawn. But great job. Spells are lovely, boss battles are phenominal. One of the best maps to date, please keep it up :)

Edit: To add to this, interface is beautiful, a great attack system without bugs, and Werhamp giving u props is a big deal :D

Last edited: Oct 6, 2008
  14. lief1

lief1

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    you should add a class thats made to be a versatile caster and tank, like maybe a knight with a bit less melee powers and gets to chose it's magic type at the start.

15. springblue222

springblue222

Resources:
    Resources:
    Why is there a smiley face on the map?

16. Arkan.

Arkan.

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    >Why is there a smiley face on the map?
    You have to ask Pidda the terrainer about that :)

Wow, you people are so kind. I know it might be hard to understand for new players, I'm gonna add more help/tutorials.

17. Pidda

Pidda

Resources:
    Resources:
    Well, In the beginning.. There was nothing. Then I created trees, water, plants and animals.

On the second day, I created a smilie to make the children of the earth (Arkan) happy. But now the smilie has done it's work, and it will be removed in the next update of the terrain.

- Amen.

18. springblue222

springblue222

Resources:
    Resources:
    It is a good map and the camera is weird(try and fix that) so many ways to play hitting the attack button every time you want to attack is annoying lots of classes cheats do not work(might want to fix that for reviewers) moving is annoying too no up,down,left,right movement hard to understand at first but all toghether I'd say 8/10
    good map lots of cons though

19. duke-zip

duke-zip

Resources:
    Resources:
    just stick to the smiley spring, don't push urself now