• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Creep Hunting

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Reactions: deepstrasz

CREEP HUNTING

A battle to the death between two team and mighty Creeps. Who will survive ?

How to play

Gameplay

Author's notes

How to play

• It is a 3vs3 map. You have to destroy the opponent base to win the game. Each player controls one Hero (there are one for each races) which summons units. You have to pick three units among five available (one at level 1, at level 3 and at level 6) to summon. Summoned units have roles : tank, dps, support or healer. So pick them carefully in order to have a good army combination with your allies units.

• You will find across the map mighty CREEPS. You hunt them down, once they die they drop a rune of rebirth and boom they are now part of your army. They respawn after a few minutes. Creep safely to not get creepjacked.

• You get food bonus by capturing farms and leveling your Hero. You get gold by killing units. Use your gold to upgrades units.

An average game lasts between 15 to 30 minutes.​

Gameplay

Three basic tasks : summoning units, capturing farms and hunting creep.
You can turtle in your base summoning units but it is not recommended. You should always either capture farms or hunt creeps (and ofc summon units).
Whenever you engage in a fight be sure to have an advantage (better army, position, 2v3, ...). If not you can either teleport out, run away or ask for ally support. Heroes have a scroll of TP working kind of like the Mass Teleporting ability of the Archmage : you can tp to ANY friendly structure. Be sure to abuse it wisely. If you lose a few units (or more) it isn't such a big deal since units summoning is fast and cheap.
While very easy to play I tried to make an innovative map, action paced, nervous and requiring teamplay.

I only manage to play a few games online so there is probably some balance to do.​

Author's notes

This is my first map uploaded to the hive. Hope you like it and don't forget to tell me what you think. If you want to test it, and since you can't test it alone, I suggest you Join the Creep Hunting Discord Server!. You probably won't find anyone except me, because the number of player currently reaches 1 (guess who it is).

If you have any suggestions for improvement, I am listening.​

Change Log :
- TP has been restrained to towers and castle.​
Previews
Contents

Creep Hunting (Map)

Reviews
deepstrasz
Set to Substandard until updated. (previous comments: Creep Hunting)

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
  1. You can attack your own buildings and basically deny the enemy converting them.
  2. No information ingame about how to play apart from the loading screen.
  3. The concept is rather simple. There's already a much more complex map similar to this one: Heroes of the Domination v1.11
  4. It's not an Arena map (that's with heroes, items and stuff). This is more Strategy/Risk with control points and whatnot.
  5. I mean, why didn't you just use the Far Seer hero instead of the Archamge and change the model and stuff? Now, the Far Seer has Archmage hero names.
  6. You should write proper descriptions for unit abilities. How much damage, how much life, range, what abilities they have etc. not just DPS unit. This also goes for all ability levels.
  7. Maybe add more things to do than run around with units and converting farms. Some unique upgrades (unit specific), some more types of control points.
  8. Items like tomes randomly appearing in safe zones is not a good idea. They should be taken by working to get them, from creeps for example.
  9. Not sure it's a good idea to have Rune of Rebirth on creeps when you can pretty much solo them and you don't need extra food afterwards to control them.
  10. Eredar Diabolist's Inferno description has no tooltip.
  11. Warlocks have Chain Lightning? Not quite warlockish.
  12. What's the role of the Power Generators? Are they supposed to keep the castle invulnerable? Because the castles aren't.
  13. Not sure if intended but the Canon Towers can't reach the other nearby Cannon Towers or the Castle which means you can destroy the Castle by just storming one side.
A nice concept but needs some polishing.

Awaiting Update.

If you want more reviews, you should participate in the The Grand Review Exchange!

R U L E S

Site Rules
Map Submission Rules

M A P - D E S C R I P T I O N
BB CODES
BB Codes | HIVE

MELEE MAPS
Description Guide - Melee Maps
Describing Your Melee Map
Melee Map Description Generator v1.3

MAPS IN GENERAL
The importance of a Description
Description Guide - Maps
Map Thread Guide
Map Description Making: Good & Bad
Map Description - Templates
Map Description Generator [1.2]

How to Add a Screenshot to your Map Description

ADDITIONAL NECESSARY INFORMATION
  • A credits list in the map thread description is required where the names of the resource (models, skins, icons, spells, sound etc.) authors are mentioned along with the specific resource. It would be a luxury to have links leading to the used resources. Credits in the Quest Log would be appreciated too.
  • A detailed changelog in the first post would be helpful to reviewers and notify fans about the newest implementations to your map.
  • Map thread tags are important. Please use those that fit and not more or none.

If you're not satisfied with the review and wish another opinion, contact the other reviewers or use the staff contact:
Paillan
Daffa the Mage
eubz
https://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/staff-contact.692/

Level 2
Hey ! thx for testing the map !

1. You can attack your own buildings and basically deny the enemy converting them.
I guess so but what's the problem with that ?

2. No information ingame about how to play apart from the loading screen.
There are all the informations you need in the loading screen. You could even play the map without reading any information.

3. The concept is rather simple. There's already a much more complex map similar to this one: Heroes of the Domination v1.11
Indeed it is very simple. As for the similarities with this map, what are they ? capturing stuff ?

4. It's not an Arena map (that's with heroes, items and stuff). This is more Strategy/Risk with control points and whatnot.
Okay i'll fix it !

5. I mean, why didn't you just use the Far Seer hero instead of the Archamge and change the model and stuff? Now, the Far Seer has Archmage hero names.
lol, i'll immediatly fix those names !!

6. You should write proper descriptions for unit abilities. How much damage, how much life, range, what abilities they have etc. not just DPS unit. This also goes for all ability levels.
Not wrong, but honestly I have the feeling that most players dont even know how to read.

7. Maybe add more things to do than run around with units and converting farms. Some unique upgrades (unit specific), some more types of control points.
I could add something yeah, like hunting creeps maybe ? But you are right i'm planning to make the map bigger and add more types of control points. I'll probably even remove the farms and juste make an upgrade for food bonus.

8. Items like tomes randomly appearing in safe zones is not a good idea. They should be taken by working to get them, from creeps for example.
They appear randomly anywhere on the map. They dont rly do much, i just like picking up tomes

9. Not sure it's a good idea to have Rune of Rebirth on creeps when you can pretty much solo them and you don't need extra food afterwards to control them.
Well thats the whole point of the game, getting creeps.

10. Eredar Diabolist's Inferno description has no tooltip.
Good point. i'll fix it

11. Warlocks have Chain Lightning? Not quite warlockish.
You da warlock inspector ?

12. What's the role of the Power Generators? Are they supposed to keep the castle invulnerable? Because the castles aren't.
They provide a +1 armor bonus to the whole team.

13. Not sure if intended but the Canon Towers can't reach the other nearby Cannon Towers or the Castle which means you can destroy the Castle by just storming one side.
Cannon Towers range are limited, otherwise they would be too hard to destroy.

A nice concept but needs some polishing.
thx i'm working on it !
Just out of curiosity, could you send me the replay of the testing game you played ?

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
I guess so but what's the problem with that ?
It's abusive in the early game. Later on it doesn't matter as much because troops get stronger attacks than 25HP Farms.
Not wrong, but honestly I have the feeling that most players dont even know how to read.
That's not an argument I'm afraid. I don't want us to get lazy here.
They appear randomly anywhere on the map. They dont rly do much, i just like picking up tomes
Sure but any free advantage can help the lucky ones overcome their enemies.
Well thats the whole point of the game, getting creeps.
Sure but maybe you could create some gameplay diversity.
Since you wrote you want to enlarge the map, maybe you could make more "arenas" tho choose from.
They provide a +1 armor bonus to the whole team.
Was that also mentioned on the loading screen?
Just out of curiosity, could you send me the replay of the testing game you played ?
I don't think I have it, tested some other map afterwards, I guess.