• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hunting

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Hunting

Map Description

This is just a simple hunting game where you will hunt several wild animals. Located in a small, hilly area near Lordaeron, you will play as a hunter using an Archer (She is actually a hero). Beat the time in hunting those wild animals.

All models used here are from the World Editor except the imported ones. Imported models are my made by me...

Credits

Thanks to SDRyoko for the triggers in reviving the creeps and the hero, I use those triggers here.[/center]

Screenshots

104980d1313294130-hunting-sc.jpg

NOTE: This map is made open.

Keywords:
hunt, hunting, wildlife hunting, wild life
Contents

Hunting (Map)

Reviews
15:16, 20th Aug 2011 -Kobas-: Status: Rejected
Uh why don't you just put the actions in the trigger 'help' in the trigger 'game initialization'?

Testing map now...
edit:

Review:

Gameplay:

It's an interesting idea, but it has been done before, but the other ones are multiplayer-based and your single player version just makes it boring.
After the dogs, it just gets pointless and completely boring, your hero gets stronger, the creeps deal almost no damage at all to you, the amount of animals to kill becomes bigger and thus leading to frustration and boredom.
Your idea is too simple, some events maybe, more players, actually adding AI players shouldn't be too hard in your map.
Some custom spells wouldn't hurt either, also change their hotkeys to QWER.
Portal just makes things even easier and even more boring.

Terrain:

The map's terrain is ok, not that beautiful, it's quite small, you have only used 1 custom model and spamming animated grass on a cliff isn't such a good idea:
attachment.php

There are also trees placed on rocky tiles, some animated grass could also be used everywhere on the map, but not too much. Add a green fog as well.

Other:

Remove the text from the minimap, it's too crowded.

Also, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO DOGS.

Overall:

There's not much to review, it's quite a simple map, not much to do other than running around and killing HARMLESS ANIMALS, HOW COULD YOU?!
Some game events would be nice, maybe make it a bit harder and add map difficulties, the terrain needs some modifications, some more custom models would be nice and maybe a custom soundtrack? The map's file size isn't that big anyway. Also I suggest changing the map's name to 'The Hunt' or the 'Hunted'.

Rating: 1/5

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 620
Last edited:
Level 30
[Hunting] Map Review

Gameplay:

• The hero spawn is too slow, it can overpower both of the players that either died or one of them got killed. reduce it to atleast 5-10 seconds only.
  • The Items are good for the game but again, its overpowering for both players if they haven't killed the neutral creeps that wielded such item, I suggest you store it into your "house" for purchasing things and stuff.

Terrain:

• Terrain looks spammed and unapealing, try making up a better landscape shot that can camouflage both the players and the hunted critters in-game, plus it can also synergize the map.

Management:

• The "Holy Light" and "War Stomp" spell shares the same hotkey, try changing into a simplier form like the basic "QWERTY" keys. while your at it, do please add some caster animations to those spells to make it more lively.

• The "Portal Spell" is actually interesting but somehow I notice a really bad release of the units. the unit you use is a race type instead of the neutral, I suggest you remove that upgrade points so it would look better instead of making the player look for an upgrader point for that unit:

knight.JPG

Conclusion:

All in all, the map looks monotone but I hope you can do the changes in a better way. for now, "Conditioned"