• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Bug Report

Level 4
Having only briefly played Siege of Kome, I do have some regarding game cache issues:
1. Sasrogarn got affected by Easy mode handicap all the time.
Edit: Nevermind, I fixed it by replaying that part.
Dead Men's March also got it somehow, having all Imperial garrisons' HP (not the creeps) stay the same regardless of difficulty.
2. Does playing and completing as multiple factions in A Fresh Breeze save every heroes' caches (items to be exact), or only the heroes in the last played faction got their caches saved? Since I completed as all three factions (last played as Unicode) but saw no last acquired items for Sasrogarn and Grofzag.
Edit: We shall see for the next chapters if the characters from chapters with multiple faction choices appear.
If there's no plan fixing them, I may modify them through World Editor and play them personally.

Last edited:
Level 24
1627233675205.png

Siege of Kome:

When Sir Perry apeard. All faccion change colors. Crazy!

1627233780237.png

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
Check your AI color settings next to your minimap, you must have pressed Alt+A too often.

2. Does playing and completing as multiple factions in A Fresh Breeze save every heroes' caches (items to be exact), or only the heroes in the last played faction got their caches saved? Since I completed as all three factions (last played as Unicode) but saw no last acquired items for Sasrogarn and Grofzag.
It always loads the heroes from the latest playthrough, meaning that if you played Orcs, the items will be transferred
and if you played Humans, the Orc heroes (holding only items they may have had from the beginning of the map since
they do not pick up new ones) will still be transferred.
Edit: We shall see for the next chapters if the characters from chapters with multiple faction choices appear.
I don't really intend to add any more maps like that. Creating them proved to be too much of a hassle.
I am not "removing" it from maps that already have all the systems of course but I don't see myself implement
it again.

Level 24
Also 2 more thing:

I chose the Golden Axe. In one of the reinforcements, I received Wind ryders. Was that okay?

The other thing. The reinforcements are throughout the game or are they limited? They stopped showing up after the third I think.

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
I chose the Golden Axe. In one of the reinforcements, I received Wind ryders. Was that okay?
To give you some air advantage, yes.
The other thing. The reinforcements are throughout the game or are they limited? They stopped showing up after the third I think.
They are limited to the outer bases, you don't get reinforcements from any castle behind the walls.

Level 2
Act 3, Chapter 1
1. A creature will attack your forces through the trees if you get close enough.

2. There is a small gap, that allows units with a small collision size (Soldier, Necromancer, Chaplain and Firemage) to pass through.

3. The defeat condition for the second main quest doesn't work.

4. Skipping the fountain cutscene as fast as possible makes your heroes stay near the Defiled Fountain instead of teleport to the Ironfist base.

That's pretty much all, apart from units being in different positions depending on whether you skip the first cinematic or not. It doesn't really affect anything, so I didn't make it a proper point.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    2.9 MB · Views: 60
  • 2.png
    2.png
    3 MB · Views: 56
  • 3.png
    3.png
    3.4 MB · Views: 57
  • 4.png
    4.png
    3.2 MB · Views: 58
Level 2
Act 3 Chapter 2

Even cleaning the entire map of hostile forces and complete the the main quest/mission, the chapter sometimes doesnt end dont know why...
Yeah I encountered this issue once. It should be completed when you take out the main Kome base in the Castle. Whatever the issue that prevents the transition to the ending cinematic I have no idea.

Level 4
In the last mission, I think Act 3 Chapter 2, the ai is a bit bugged, many times they moved their troops into the castle and just went back base, without attacking anybody. This happened multiple times in the mission making it a bit harder since my ally would just move around, and after going back base without even attacking anybody. Of course, this is like 50% of the cases, the ai sometimes work and sometimes does not work. Many times he actually helped but many times he just came and went back home.

Maybe this photo can help you understand what I mean, as you can see he is retreating home.
1627991306566.png
As you can see, they have tons of units in their base.
1627991870670.png

Last edited:
Level 10
I noticed two bugs in Mission Six of Act Two:

• The death of a hero deos not trigger the defeat condition (not that I can complain about when it happened, I was on the very end of the fight, and restarting it... Yeah, still not quite ready for these kind of micro-intensive battles).
  • Salomar was wearing Kome's Hammer. Still quite not sure of how he managed to take the time to loot the place before getting back to the island in time for the mission to happen, while evading the Orcs.

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
Salomar was wearing Kome's Hammer. Still quite not sure of how he managed to take the time to loot the place before getting back to the island in time for the mission to happen, while evading the Orcs.
That sounds like a bug caused by playing one of the previous chapters in an older version.
I am not sure which chapter it was, but one of them caused Salomar to get the hammer of Kome which then also gets saved into the save file.
Replaying the chapters with Salomar (pretty sure it was the Breeze one) should fix that since I located and fixed
the issue with this update.
I really need to write changelogs again.

why do i have van durce instead of salomar
Apparently the spawn trigger that only fires if you skipped the final mission of Act Two is creating the wrong unit.
Easy fix, either wait for me updating or play that mission.

Level 16
Chapter Five, it says Zirr Nexus instead of Ardoz Nexus in the quest display text.

Chapter Six, Aedale died right after main quest is completed, cause of minions. So the second part is broken.

Level 2
In the Possession mission, the pop up for the quest to upgrade your troops gear still says to send a peasant. The Quest log correctly says to send Mordin though.

EDIT: In both the missions Possession and Green Wave, Mortar teams still have spell resistance.

Last edited:
Level 20
Betrayal's A.I is still broken. Some of the Souleater Legion's attack waves are stuck on Progaderas, and eventually die of the passive immolation, all ally and enemy attack waves are randomly turning back and forth, running between the two bases, and Salana... the poor elf has lost her mind. She attacks the enemy all by herself, then at the last minute, she turns back. Then she went on an adventure, maybe she got bored of the battle? :D Here is video proof, demonstrating the bugs I've described, recorded on the latest version of the True Story:

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
I was about to ask you what version you were using but decided to test it again to be sure first.
Fun fact:
Yesterday Salana kept behaving correctly for me by attacking the Imperial Army all the time,
making wonder why I couldn't replicate the issue and if maybe one of the patches changed AI
target priorities or why iseedeadpeople suddenly had that kind of impact, it usually causes issues
for suicidal AIs, not "normal" ones.
Today I finally witness her attacking Lerrig all the time - I haven't changed anything from yesterday's
version of that map that would affect her targeting. Now I can finally replicate it.

Lone Salana is something I haven't encountered in the current version yet though I suppose that
amulet had some unwanted side effects on her brain cells so I wouldn't be surprised to see her run
alone into an army of ten thousand Doom Guards eventually.
I'd tell Gardon to reconsider his amulet enchantment policy but we all know he won't do that.

Level 20
So, I was playing Betrayal today, and I saw Salana cross the middle section. I decided to record it. Salana and her friends slowly made their way through the swamp, getting stuck on Progaderas, (one priest almost died to passive immolation), and then, just when I expected her to attack Lerrig, she surprised me, by attacking the demons. The elven army (for some reason) retreated after a short while, but then, it became so much more crazy. The Knights of Kome and Lerrig's Forces both wanted to attack the Souleater Legion's base, but since they were hostile to each other, it became a three-way between Lerrig, Theoden and the demons. Meanwhile, almost at the entrance of her ally's base, our confused elf decided that she indeed wants to fight. "Or not." She said, as she turned back... "Oh two valkyries have arrived, let's fight!" She exclaimed, and proceeded to go back to where she was previously. This time she actually attacked Lerrig's base. While this is not a game breaking bug, the whole sequence was so funny and weird, that I felt like I have to share it! As usual, here is the video:
It's weird that the dwarfs always attack the imperials as intended, but Salana attacks other people most of the time. One time, her first attack wave went after the demon gates next to her base. They couldn't kill the Dreamhunter Legion, but they have spoiled their presence to the player. I forgot to record that unfortunately.

Level 4
sooo in the latest chapter....if you kill aridon....the mission gets completed lol final cutscene as if the undead was winning from the start

Level 27
Not exactly a bug, but one thing that caught my notice is that Kazardius' friend, Korzar doesn't have Resistant Skin and has its level lower than 5 . It's really sad to see his so-called "loyal companion" turn against him with just one Charm from a Demonlord. Poor Kazardius doesn't deserve this.

Last edited:
Level 4
Shar, I have to tell you that you kept forgetting the handicaps for newly-added enemies on Easy. While it may not be significant for anyone playing on Normal or above, it is certainly worth considering.
For example: You forgot to put Easy handicap on Wolf Regiment and Souleater Legions if playing in Easy.
Also, you forgot to remove the handicap for Souleater Legion (player) itself in the epilogue.
I only hope when you would revise and update them, after the start of Act V or the official version?