• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Bug Report

Level 3
Ok, got a bug from the last version of the Second Orc Book, dont know if this happens because im using 1.30 version of Warcraft 3 but here i go...

In the Chapter 8, the scene at the end of the mission/chapter, you can see Amari and Grofzag talking but Flammedus its not there talking with them, its very far away or using a radio (just a bad joke sorry)...

If im right about this, please can someone else can confirm this bug...

Level 1
Hello guys, maybe you can help me...

I just made the account- first of all the books are really awesome, enjoy playing them a lot. Thanks for the great work !

I played the second human book but after Mission 8 it just stopped- I gotta add that i did not play them in the correct order. So i started the whole campaign again from the beginning, made the choices and still couldn't play chapter 9. Can anyone help me?

Thank in advance :)

Level 1
What is your version of WarCraft 3?
How exactly did it stop, did you get an error, did the chapter not appear, what exactly happened?

Hey Shar, sorry for the late reply, new to the forum...
I use version 1.31.1.12164 and the Campaign version was modified the last time in 2017, don't have anything else.

I definetly played all missions, once in the wrong order, then in the right order - the second time with cheats to get faster to the missions 9-14.

Hope the information helps and thanks again Shar!

Level 1
Well that explains why I had access to all the 8 missions directly without even playing 1 mission.

Thanks for the help ! Really looking forward to those 5 Missions and the second undead book :)

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
Except for when you started playing one and you want to load a saved game :p
True, but if you then encounter a bug, it might already have been fixed by myhumbleawesomeself
in the newer version. :p

I guess I could also have said "Do not expect a WC3 campaign to automatically update itself" or
"Do not expect a demo to have all the maps in it" if you preferred that. :p

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
True, but if you then encounter a bug, it might already have been fixed by myhumbleawesomeself
in the newer version. :p
When updating a campaign, the cache will make the maps you played visible if the cache is loaded. I don't remember if you have implemented something like that yet, a dummy map to do this.

Just to be safe, it's important to know that you have to play the bugged mission from the start after updating the campaign.

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
When updating a campaign, the cache will make the maps you played visible if the cache is loaded
The cache is not related to that in anyway.
The campaign buttons work in a different way, they will always reset when the campaign is
saved in the editor or re-downloaded, even if zero changes had been made.
I don't remember if you have implemented something like that yet, a dummy map to do this.
Nah. I want people to suffer enjoy Arkain again and again!
And again.
And again.
AAAAANNNNDDD AGAIN!
The fun never ends!

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
Not worth the time and effort, in my opinion. There aren't that many patches being uploaded
anymore anyway.
The effort is creating one bolean or integer for each chapter to represent the visible button or chapter completion. Then the dummy map just loads the cache and exits showing all the maps played until the last one started. You can even use one integer that adds +1 to itself.

What patches? This is about you updating the campaign for any reason like bugs, improvements etc.

Level 1
Hey Shar!
Just encountered a problem at chapter 3 Second Human Book....once i conquer half of orange or manage to destroy 3 of their barracks the game crashes....it says unexpected error.
Any ideas..? I have the latest version of the game and I downloaded the campaign almost 3 weeks ago, so i think it must be the latest patch...

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
Hey!
If I am not mistaken, that bug has been there, was fixed, returned, was fixed again, seems
to have returned in the new patch of Blizzard...
That bug is pretty much the reason I don't like touching the chapter unless I absolutely have to.

I may know how to fix this bug but I have not been able to upload a new version of the Second
Human Book yet for reasons regarding other planned changes that could cause new issues.
I'll see what I can do when I can, for the time being, I am afraid you'll have to leave the Barracks
that causes the crash alone.
Luckily, the orange AI is not much of a threat anyway, so it shouldn't harm the map too much.

LickMyEyeBall

L

LickMyEyeBall

Thought you're gonna take a christmas break.

Anyways, how's the progress on SUB? I imagine working all alone on such a big project is difficult, let alone fixing bugs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 1
Hey!
If I am not mistaken, that bug has been there, was fixed, returned, was fixed again, seems
to have returned in the new patch of Blizzard...
That bug is pretty much the reason I don't like touching the chapter unless I absolutely have to.

I may know how to fix this bug but I have not been able to upload a new version of the Second
Human Book yet for reasons regarding other planned changes that could cause new issues.
I'll see what I can do when I can, for the time being, I am afraid you'll have to leave the Barracks
that causes the crash alone.
Luckily, the orange AI is not much of a threat anyway, so it shouldn't harm the map too much.
I see..well thanks anyway mate!
Keep up the good job!

Level 9
In the First Human Book, I didnt rescue Aedale in mission 3, I just destroyed the base to get the item but didnt actually free her, but from then on it acts like I did. I'm currently on mission 10, and it looks like it now registers that I didnt free her.

Also, in mission 10, Salomars cache is restored from mission 6, not 7, so a few of Merlon's items I put on him, I lost. Aedale's is restored from 7 however

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
The models use textures from the game & the campaign directly, there should normally be no difference in chapters.

I assume you have the latest version of the SHB as well?
I know that there was a version online for a very short period of time that had a buggy Praxeus model.

If you have the latest version, I must assume that once again Blizzard broke something with their patches - again.

Level 9
The models use textures from the game & the campaign directly, there should normally be no difference in chapters.

I assume you have the latest version of the SHB as well?
I know that there was a version online for a very short period of time that had a buggy Praxeus model.

If you have the latest version, I must assume that once again Blizzard broke something with their patches - again.
Yeah, I have 1.61, since it'll be Praxeas new model. Well, blizzard hasn't released any new patches, so that doesn't make sense. I'll re download the campaign to see if it fixes it

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
Yeah, I have 1.61, since it'll be Praxeas new model. Well, blizzard hasn't released any new patches, so that doesn't make sense. I'll re download the campaign to see if it fixes it
Just tested on 1.31.1. Both in the editor and in the game the model shows for me.
I just made the chapter visible with the campaign editor and ran the map via the game, not test map button (the object data isn't read this way so the heroes don't appear).
One thing to note is that instead of the loading screen, I've got the usual melee screen with player load bars and the minimap preview was the yellow ? over the blue background.

Level 9
Just tested on 1.31.1. Both in the editor and in the game the model shows for me.
I just made the chapter visible with the campaign editor and ran the map via the game, not test map button (the object data isn't read this way so the heroes don't appear).
One thing to note is that instead of the loading screen, I've got the usual melee screen with player load bars and the minimap preview was the yellow ? over the blue background.
Huh, interesting. In both the editor and game it doesn't show up for me. I cant remember when I downloaded it though, so i might've gotten the buggy version

Level 2
Hi, I wanted to play SOB again, but in the first mission The Exiles after i kill Korjaha, nothing happens and i can't go further. I had to format my PC and after this i just installed campaign, choosed the decisions from FOB (but i didn't played it now, so I only have SOB) and started game, but i have problem i said earlier. Is this because i don't have FOB on my PC?

Level 2
Use this thread to report any bugs you may find in any of the campaigns.

Please include the following information in your post:
  • Be sure that you are using the latest version of the campaign i am using the latest version
  • Name the campaign and the map of your bug The Red Night
  • Describe the bug as much as possible after i kill volarian nothing happens like its supposed to say mission completed like with the side quest but nothing appears
  • Include a screenshot showing the bug if possible

Thank you.

Chapter 13 The Red Night after i completed all the side quest and kill volarian for the main quest nothing happens it doesnt recognize that i finished the mission , the first time i tried it with cheating and i tried with no cheats and its still the same nothing happens when i kill volarian

Attachments

• upload_2020-1-5_0-17-56.png
    upload_2020-1-5_0-17-56.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 110
Last edited by a moderator:
Level 2
Hi, I'm writing again, because after that bug i've posted few days ago in SOB, missions going normally, but now in menu is problem... It doesn't show all missions i've completed and some cutscenes are missing so i must complete previous mission to see this and go to another mission... It's really frustrating...
upload_2020-1-4_19-38-1.png

Level 10
That's not a bug, that's sadly just the way it works in WarCraft 3 when you re-download a campaign.
Nothing I can do about that.

Euh, I think the problem here is slightly different. I notice the first chapter of the campaign isn't appearing while the second is there. Reboot through downloads usually don't do that.

Level 3
A REPORT BUG HERE...

In the Second Human Book, in the Chapter 13, where Aedale must kill her Father (Redfist), after i kill him the mission SHOULD end, but never ends, the scene never triggers and i cant pass the mission.

I got the last version of the game and the last version of the campaing, but i dont know whats happening... also i tried to restart the map and even the game but nothing.