• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Bug Report

Level 26
Slaves of the Demons Act 2 Chapter 3
"Do not waste my talk with petty talk, pitlord. "
WC3ScrnShot_121922_220659_01.png

Level 27
There's a bug in The Southern Realm that causes Shredders to not receive bonus HP from High Quality Production. Also, not sure if intended or not, but Aggressive Expansion unlocks Cannon Towers instead of increasing Shredders' lumber harvesting capacity like it said in the upgrade's description.

Level 4
some bugs I notice
The new orb of queen keera doesn't summon skeletons when she kills a unit

in the burning forest i force the holy battalion to attack the rohir nexus and i notice that krom the saint(forgot her name sorry) and lera doesn't spawn back when they died

Level 27
some bugs I notice
The new orb of queen keera doesn't summon skeletons when she kills a unit

in the burning forest i force the holy battalion to attack the rohir nexus and i notice that krom the saint(forgot her name sorry) and lera doesn't spawn back when they died
I think it's because her lifesteal item is basically a Mask of Death, which is an Orb, so the effect of Orb of Darkness is overridden. You can only see the effect when Keera is attacking air units, but since they don't leave behind corpses, I don't think Dark Minion will be spawned.

I think it can be fixed if instead of giving her 50% lifesteal, the sword gives her a Self-Only Vampiric Aura that gives 50% melee lifesteal instead.

Level 26
During LoA:TTSoA (Latest Version) Dark Secrets chapter, when you encounter with Rahandir. During this encounter, after cinematic, if some of your heroes are died and you finally defeat Rahandir, the game does not go forward. You are stuck there. Yes, the Main Quest require that all heroes must be alive and survive, but somehow during the fight with Rahandir there is no instant Quest Failed or something. You have the illusion that the Main Quest is buggy, and you can make it. No, you can't make it. No, there is no instant Main Quest Failed or something. This time I played with WCIII 1.29.2. Is this considered a mentionable bug, or I just wasted my time again?

Level 4
It happened to me too bud the first time I passed the mission :)
During LoA:TTSoA (Latest Version) Dark Secrets chapter, when you encounter with Rahandir. During this encounter, after cinematic, if some of your heroes are died and you finally defeat Rahandir, the game does not go forward. You are stuck there. Yes, the Main Quest require that all heroes must be alive and survive, but somehow during the fight with Rahandir there is no instant Quest Failed or something. You have the illusion that the Main Quest is buggy, and you can make it. No, you can't make it. No, there is no instant Main Quest Failed or something. This time I played with WCIII 1.29.2. Is this considered a mentionable bug, or I just wasted my time again?

Level 2
Shar, something a bit weird happened. Basically I own an original copy of Reforged and they added custom campaigns with patch 1.35, i started playing your campaigns on Reforged. On human and orc campaigns every chapter worked, the undead campaign stopped on chapter 5 . Today i tried to finish the second human book and the golden guard storyline stopped after the purification chapter right before the final chapter (which doesn't show up on the chapters list). I don't know what to do, how do I make the chapters appear? (first undead book and the second human book have chapters that don't show up. I am playing on Reforged).

Level 19
Shar Dundred, Sir. I have a Bug Report for you:
In the CHAPTER Southern Realms: There is a bug where if you skip the scene that involves Grella unlocking her bloodlust, the game considers the Destroyer (The Demi Hero) to be dead, Even though he was alive about 10 minutes in my game.

Level 26
WC3 1.29.2 LoA: TTSoA, Siege of the Dead Mountain chapter

In other areas than the base of the Undead, I can't summon buildings on blighted ground, except Necropolis and Gold Mine. When I want to build there, it's green, but the game doesn't allow me to do, because it's not blighted ground. Here is a picture for example:
WC3ScrnShot_010223_135816_02.png

wc3scrnshot_010223_131955_01-png.418106
Is this an easter egg?

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
Shar Dundred, Sir. I have a Bug Report for you:
In the CHAPTER Southern Realms: There is a bug where if you skip the scene that involves Grella unlocking her bloodlust, the game considers the Destroyer (The Demi Hero) to be dead, Even though he was alive about 10 minutes in my game.
The next update should fix that.
In other areas than the base of the Undead, I can't summon buildings on blighted ground, except Necropolis and Gold Mine. When I want to build there, it's green, but the game doesn't allow me to do, because it's not blighted ground. Here is a picture for example:
I think it is because of the "height" you are on, WC3 does not recognize the blight on certain height levels.
At least some versions of it don't, I think.
Is this an easter egg?
I don't see a picture.

Level 28
WC3ScrnShot_010223_135816_02.png
I think it is because of the "height" you are on, WC3 does not recognize the blight on certain height levels.
At least some versions of it don't, I think.
To be fair, Blight seems to be unapplicable on the larger maps (480x480) or the map with "larger" width/height. Others reported it on the forum as well.
Maybe see this:

Kasrkin

Hosted Project: LoA
Level 26
Shar is right it's the height and version together, this is the only map we got at the moment that has such a huge difference in elevation where it can actually come into effect. I play on 1.29 and 1.30, the latter does not have the height issue with blight but will sometimes have the build animations bug out and not even in a consistent manner for undead.

Attachments

• you know the rules and so do I.png
    you know the rules and so do I.png
    2.9 MB · Views: 16
  • never gonna give you up.png
    never gonna give you up.png
    3.3 MB · Views: 17
Level 28
Shar is right it's the height and version together, this is the only map we got at the moment that has such a huge difference in elevation where it can actually come into effect. I play on 1.29 and 1.30, the latter does not have the height issue with blight but will sometimes have the build animations bug out and not even in a consistent manner for undead.
Every versions of Warcraft 3, in general, likes breaking some important gameplay elements. The most often one is missing strings, textures, and icons.
Asking about the animations bug (usually happened if you made a buildings for Undead and Night Elf race or units instantly lying on corpse after getting killed while hexed/polymorphed or something similar), it's obvious too. You might check out this post for detailed information.

Level 26
The True Story - Rebellion

After the Liberation of the Village of Essix/ Defenders of Essix, their troops are not attacking Retka's army somehow. They send a wave of troops after Liberation, but after that nothing happens from their side. All of the troops there are guarding their Keep - nervously looking the building like they hating it -, and their attack wave of troops are just keep moving forward and backward within their base.

I tower spammed the crossroad before Retka's Army base, but there is still enough room to come and go - even with siege weaponry and stuff. Probably the tower spamming interfere with the path finding of the Defenders of Essix A.I? Or it's something else?

(WC3 1.29.2 , latest version of The True Story)

My WC3 is saving screenshots in TGA format. There is something that I can do for change that format?
WC3ScrnShot_010723_092454_01.png

Kasrkin

Level 26
My WC3 is saving screenshots in TGA format. There is something that I can do for change that format?
I just checked myself it seems 1.29.2 still saves screenshots in TGA format while 1.30 up saves in PNG. I'd recommend getting ifranview just for the ability to save pictures in a different format than what they originally were.

Level 10
Went for a try of Amari's new Leadership Bonus in The Southern Realm. While the flavor text and the activation one had changed, it still listed the damage bonus for elite units, and no new units was available in the recuitment buildings after doing the research (tried it with Goldenaxe so far, gonna see if it is a 'them' problem, or if it works with other clan picks.

Edit: A few cheat codes-assisted starts later, no option for the new toys appear for any of the clans picked. The damage upgrade for the existing Elite Units doesn't happen either.

Last edited:
Level 20
Quick bug report for The Southern Realm :
Tested with Cliffhunter and Skullblade :

• Grella gets her Frenzy from the start of the mission.
  • Neither Okri nor Amari had their previous items (they just had their base items and not the ones collected in the previous level)
  • Amari's leadership still has the old text, doesn't give access to new units and doesn't give any damage bonus.
  • Okri's leadership's text still states that it affects ranged units (I don't know if it actually does)
  • Okri and/or Amari's leaderships can be queued after choosing another leadership bonus. (you still can only research one but you can waste a ton of money doing it)
1673169908591.png

Edit : Nevermind about the cache issue, it was on my end.

Last edited:
Level 19
Oop. Found another Bug in the Southern Realm Shar. Hotkeys for Amaris new Guard units conflict with the barracks' standard clan troops.
Uploaded a hotfix, now the changes of the changelog should all properly apply to The Southern Realm.

Attachments

• Glitch 1.jpg
    Glitch 1.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 21
  • Glitch 2.jpg
    Glitch 2.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 22
Level 26
I can cast Finger of Death Spell on an infernal, and the Infernal does not take damage.
Is this WC3 bug or a True Story? (Roars in the Forest)
Forged by Iron and Blood: in the cinematic, (when the player killed the Mayor and his troops), there is a typo: Conider->Consider. (Pentiss Sister dialogue to Gardon)

Level 5
I can cast Finger of Death Spell on an infernal, and the Infernal does not take damage.
Is this WC3 bug or a True Story? (Roars in the Forest)
Forged by Iron and Blood: in the cinematic, (when the player killed the Mayor and his troops), there is a typo: Conider->Consider. (Pentiss Sister dialogue to Gardon)
Its a wc3 thing afaik

Act 7 Chapter 6 bugs:

Ironfist Techtree

Questionably Renegade Allies

WC3ScrnShot_010923_121337_01.png

The unit and upgrade icons are misplaced. Based on the SHB version of the map, the current icon position of the Dragonhawk Rider is the same as the Walkyrie, and it may be the same case here. This may trick the player into choosing the wrong type of unit.

WC3ScrnShot_010923_130228_02.png

(Forgive the use of Allied Player color here)
The Renegade Red Guard's AI does not aggressively rebuild their army, a far cry from most allied AI. After waiting for some time for them to rebuild, losing some of my army in the process, I decided to just mine their base, as it became clear that they wouldn't rebuild. Could it be a result of misplaced build order priorities, or could Mina have ulterior motives?

Level 26
The True Story, Act 7 Chapter 3: Dead Forest

I cannot use Seductress "Ray of Disruption" on another Seductress that has Parasite, because it's not a negative buff (both of them are under player control). Is this even a bug, or this cannot be dispelled with Ray of Disruption?

Level 28
Ryzen 5 3600 RX 570. I tried watching cutscenes on the old versions of arkain and havent experience black screens, only on the newer version. Also tried watching cutscenes on my brother's pc RTX 2060 and still experience blackscreen
If you still face the blackscreen problem during the cutscenes, please refer to the guy's post above. You must have the latest version of graphics driver.
If you get the same blackscreen issue with other games than Warcraft III (ie: GTA V, Valorant, etc), then your graphics card will most likely dirty or broken.
Even worse, your computer might be broken. Please consider replacing the components.
Other than that, please read the spoiler:
Black screen problem is currently happened if you are using the latest versions of Warcraft III (1.31) because there seems to be a memory leak. This occurred if you attempt to close the game by exiting through the score screen. This might prevents you for seeing the cutscenes or continuing the game itself. You can try playing this campaign on the correct version (1.29.2) because it might be related to the game version problem

Level 7
Already have the latest drivers in both cards and this particular version of arkain I only get black screen. Other campaign mods have no issue

If you still face the blackscreen problem during the cutscenes, please refer to the guy's post above. You must have the latest version of graphics driver.
If you get the same blackscreen issue with other games than Warcraft III (ie: GTA V, Valorant, etc), then your graphics card will most likely dirty or broken.
Even worse, your computer might be broken. Please consider replacing the components.
Other than that, please read the spoiler:
Black screen problem is currently happened if you are using the latest versions of Warcraft III (1.31) because there seems to be a memory leak. This occurred if you attempt to close the game by exiting through the score screen. This might prevents you for seeing the cutscenes or continuing the game itself. You can try playing this campaign on the correct version (1.29.2) because it might be related to the game version problem

Level 7
10:27 of the trailer video:

"Salria is more than capable of dealing with these barbarians ourselves"

=> if Salria is the subject, it should be "itself" instead of "ourselves". Or "Salria" could be replaced by "we Salrians".

I could be wrong, if that's the case, sorry in advance.

Kasrkin

Level 26
Just did some testing on my end for the campaign's usual versions of 1.29, 1.30, and 1.31 so it seems it's a 1.31 only bug. Shar is looking into it.

Attachments

• 1.29.jpg
    1.29.jpg
    481.2 KB · Views: 13
  • 1.30.png
    1.30.png
    3.8 MB · Views: 14
  • 1.31.png
    1.31.png
    3.8 MB · Views: 15
Level 2
I don't know if this was reported before or is intentional. But in Act 1, chapter 6 (Dead Men's March). When you select the Ejara Nexus, the crypt fiend doesn´t have its usual web ability. I am also playing with 1.35 reforged version (which i know is not really recommended, but i haven´t ran into other issues aside from this using reforge graphics by accident), so i don't know if this happens on older versions.

Last edited:
Level 19
Bug Report: In the latest chapter Release Horse and Rider (Act Seven Finale)
1.) Murloc Juggernaut's abilities (Crushing waves and Ice shard) is having a "Q" Conflict.
2.) Pechan is still doing nothing inside the base. Is his AI broken or something??
3.) Is the GoldAxe suppose to be trainable even though I chosen skullbalde initially??

Attachments

• Bug Report 1.jpg
    Bug Report 1.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 11
  • Bug Report 2.jpg
    Bug Report 2.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
2.) Pechan is still doing nothing inside the base. Is his AI broken or something??
I will take a look at it. I have an idea why he is being difficult. It might be his ult.

3.) Is the GoldAxe suppose to be trainable even though I chosen skullbalde initially??
Goldaxe comtracts are intended, units not.

Level 19
Shar Dundred there's another bug where I can Train GoldAxe troops even though I chosen Bloodhand clan or Skullblade Clan here's the proof.

BUG REPORT UPDATE FEB-2-2023:
Naga Royal Guard's Summon water Elemental is now conflicting with Ice Bolt Again. Better make Water Elemental Hotkey to E mate.

Attachments

• Bug Report 3.jpg
    Bug Report 3.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
Level 4
Seeing other people's feedback on the latest act, oneeye doesn't appear on my play through.
Also what happened to tier 3 units of each clan? for example berserkers and dragon lancers. If they aren't there, there's very little difference in picking which clan to play as since you only have access to their tier 1 barrack units.

Last edited: