• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Bug Report

Level 7
A weird bug in the last mission.

I wanted to try mass batriders to kill the dwarf base. I build 12 buildings, and when the 12 batrides are supposed to appear, nothing. I see the shadow of each one of them, I see the food rising, but I cannot see nor select the unit. If I build a second one in each building, second shadow, but the unit does not appear. Weird bug. I do not know if that's related to the map or the wc3 version.

Level 19
Shar Dundred, another bug I have noticed with Pechan's base. Hero is active but doesn't move out with his boys. Then when he was slain in battle, but he wasn't revived throughout the entire mission. Better to look up your Jass code again, Master.

Level 4
Okay now there's a problem with oneeye. 3 of my skills points went into venom strike and now that has been removed. So i have a level 5 hero with level 1 wind walk and endurance aura. Now i go back to playing burning home mission to get a respec and redfist are doing too much crit damage on my units.

Level 17
The hint repeats several times.
WC3ScrnShot_022023_144414_02.png

Level 26
Act 7 Chapter 7
LoA - Act 7 Last mission, Sasrogarn doing nothing during the battle.png

Sasrogarn doing nothing during the battle, just staying behind lines and staring the road there. How useful guy he is!
LoA - Spiritcaller using throwing spear, not magic.png
This is going to be "nit picking", but Spiritcaller using throwing spears, not magic to attack - so it's not big of a deal -. I just discovered this interesting fact, nothing to see here.

Level 2
All the footmen in my game are colored on their animated potraits on ANY of the campaigns.
I am using 1.35 and this problem does not happen in the 1.27 version (Sadly the second books aren't available on those patches).

I am using the official custom campaign feature in the game, or do you need the quenching mod to fix this? Please, I really want to play this amazing campaign without this issue ;-;
1680423876191.png

Level 29
All the footmen in my game are colored on their animated potraits on ANY of the campaigns.
I am using 1.35 and this problem does not happen in the 1.27 version (Sadly the second books aren't available on those patches).

I am using the official custom campaign feature in the game, or do you need the quenching mod to fix this? Please, I really want to play this amazing campaign without this issue ;-;
View attachment 429505
The problem is the original author won't probably fix technical issues with all of his campaigns relating to Reforged 1.35.
So far, if you want to enjoy Arkain storyline without known problems, the only solution was to play on 1.29.2.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
The problem is the original author won't probably fix technical issues with all of his campaigns relating to Reforged 1.35.
So far, if you want to enjoy Arkain storyline without known problems, the only solution was to play on 1.29.2.
Thanks ChatGPT!

You could try something, opening the campaign in the editor and saving it with the 1.35 editor. See if that fixes it. If it doesn't you could try doing that after saving each individual map within the campaign file (.w3n) with the 1.35 editor (if the maps aren't protected).

Level 1
Love the campaign only got reforged so i could play arkain when i found out they were adding custom campaigns, im on orc book 1 mission 9 and it just crashes as soon as i get into it? is there a fix for this plz and thank you x

Level 29
Love the campaign only got reforged so i could play arkain when i found out they were adding custom campaigns, im on orc book 1 mission 9 and it just crashes as soon as i get into it? is there a fix for this plz and thank you x
Shar Dundred won't probably help you if there was a problem playing Arkain campaigns on Reforged, preferably 1.35.
The best patch for playing Arkain campaigns was 1.29.2.

Level 20
The newest update has Brokta's leadership researchable but it has no effect on the maulers, magi and overlord. For example, the maulers we start with and the ones we train have 1350 hp before and after the research (and the same attack/defense).

Level 27
Not really a major bug, but a small visual one, one that I actually know how to fix.

Plague Bomb's ground effect still doesn't appear properly because the effect's model is Disease Cloud (units\undead\PlagueCloud\PlagueCloud.mdl). However, simply changing it to Disease <Target> (Units\Undead\PlagueCloud\PlagueCloudtarget.mdl) makes it work properly.

The only difference between the two is that the former has a Birth animation, which may explain this weird phenemenon. Additionally, I'll attach a Green Flame Strike in case anyone has a use for it.

Attachments

• FlameStrikeEmbersGreen.mdx
    2 KB · Views: 5
Level 19
Bug Report in the end cinematic of the latest Chapter: Gothog still kills his pet Hydra just you should know Shar.

Also: Your hotkey issue with War Zepplin and War Mech in Horse and Rider still hasn't been fixed.

Last edited:

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
View attachment 433825

Did someone have this file size when download the new version?
Every time I download the file, this version came up.
Let me know if this keeps happening. I recall this having been a Hive error in the past.
If it continues to be like that even after future updates, I'll inform Ralle.

Level 10
Let me know if this keeps happening. I recall this having been a Hive error in the past.
If it continues to be like that even after future updates, I'll inform Ralle.

I will guess that this is my cue to say that it has been a recurring problem for me since the download of the campaign is done on its campaign page and not directly available in the News thread. I can eventually get it right, but I haven't been able to download any new version of LoA in one go without a failure of the download or ending with an incomplete file since then.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
I will guess that this is my cue to say that it has been a recurring problem for me since the download of the campaign is done on its campaign page and not directly available in the News thread. I can eventually get it right, but I haven't been able to download any new version of LoA in one go without a failure of the download or ending with an incomplete file since then.
You guys, have you tried the Legacy Download button instead of the big DOWNLOAD one?

Level 19
@Shar Dundred. I found another Bug. It involves the Gnoll Mystic. Having a Lighting Shield as its second Ability instead of Forked Lighting. And its training description clearly tells Froked Lightning even though you clearly have it Lighting Shield?
There is also a bug where the fire golems huddle in one area at the upper part of the map, not attacking the Player's base. Your AI must be funky again.

Last edited:
Level 19
Are you using iseedeadpeople?
Nope, I just noticed some of the Golems were just huddling at the upper part of the Red fist base not attacking the Player's base. This part of the map I described is where Zelech and his goons were chilling. Initially, I used the cheat on my first run when you initially released the chapter.

But on my second try, I didn't. And During my 2nd run, I was alerted and I was being attacked, and then that was where I saw 4 to 6 Golems attacking my reinforcing units out of nowhere. I realized that most of the enemy golems were just huddling near the upper part of the Zelech's base. Not inside the enemy base exactly. They get stuck in trees...

Level 19
So your telling me Zelech summond those Golems out from Ability? So Im guessing he summond them while he was dealing with Harpies Ive unleashed?

I will try to gather more evidence to back up my claim. This also includes the Mystics' Tool tip Bug

Last edited:
Level 19
Update from the Bug Encountered. 4 out of 5 Bugs I have found were confirmed. While the last one is just an ability I saw witnessed happening.

Bug 1 Mystic Ability vs Tool tip:
Mystic Bug 1.jpg
Mystic Bug 2.jpg

Bug 2: Blood Hound Upgrade is in Barracks:
Blound hound upgrade is in the barracks.jpg

Bug 3 Gnoll Assassin upgrades cannot be found anywhere:
Assassin poison bolts cannot be found.jpg

Bug 4 kindly makes the Gnoll Brawler Frenzy auto-cast. Because every time I trained a new one it doesn't seem to be automatically cast.
Gnoll Frenzy not auto casted even after training.jpg

Bug 5: About the Golems that were huddling. @Shar Dundred, you were right about The Golems coming from Zelechs ability. I just witnessed it myself after I unleashed another round of Harpies on him.

Level 19
I did catch some bugs...
Bug 1:
The End Cinematic with Okri and Destroyer was all whacked! Okri suddenly died against the Big Demon machine and I keep seeing shockwaves even though Okri Died. The other gameplay was fine. It's just the Cinematic had some errors.

Bug 2:
Also, you said that this is the Ejara Nexus we playing or the Rohir. Cause Why is the main undead force white? I thought the Scarrec took the color?? I was expecting the main player force to be either sky blue or Red. Not Ornasions Force or Scarrec.

Level 5
I can't complete the map, because I destroyed all the Orc bases, and there is no "Quest Completed". I cannot proceed to the next quest. I don't used cheats, I played on 1.29 version.
The same, but I managed to complete it by killing the Salrians as well (perhaps it's due to them being included in the Cliffhunter Clan variable?).

Last edited: