• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Blades 'n Gore II v0.99h

This bundle is marked as high quality. It exceeds standards and is highly desirable.
[TD]
124756-albums5391-picture65030.png
[/TD][TD]
[TD]
[TD][/TD][TD][/TD][TD][/TD][TD]

Kitabatake Presents:
BnG_BnG.png

A fast-paced sword fighting game for 1-12 players
[/TD][TD][/TD][TD][/TD][TD][/TD]
[/TD] [TD]

Map Summary

Features

[TD]

A sequel to the original, Blades 'n Gore II leaves it's predecessor in the dust by improving all the strengths,
removing all the weak parts and by introducing new features that add new dimensions to the gameplay.

BnG II is a fast paced sword fighting game that is fast to learn and hard to master.
It supports a variety of game modes & team configurations and more features are added with future updates.

The map supports
1-12 players.
Currently available game modes:
  • Boss Mode
    • Recommended for: 1-4 players
    • Players are all in the same team
    • You must cooperatively survive through all stages by defeating the AI enemies.
    • The final level is a boss battle
    [*]
    Battle Zone
    • Recommended for: 6-12 players
    • Players are evenly divided into 2 teams
    • The team to reach the score limit set by the host wins
    • The game area has 5 control points
      • The team that controls the majority of these points gains points periodically
      • Killing enemy players also give points
    • This game mode fully supports leveling up and buying new equipment
    [*]
    Deathmatch / Team Deathmatch
    • Recommended for: 2-12 players
    • Supports a variety of team configurations
    • The team (player in FFA) to reach kill limit set by the host wins
    • Supports InstaKill setting
      • All players spawn with a sword that kills with one hit.
      • Make good use of defend and evasive movements!
    [*]
    Duel Arena
    • Recommended for: 2-5 players
    • The player to reach kill limit set by the host wins
    • 2 players are chosen to duel against each other
    • The winner gets the kill and the loser is replaced with a random other player
    • The randomization only picks people that have played the least amount of duels so far
    • Supports InstaKill setting

[/TD]
[TD]
Smooth and versatile Combat systems
  • The smoothest melee combat system seen on Warcraft III
  • Fast to learn & hard to master
  • More details further down!
Team systems
  • The host is presented with all possible balanced and almost balanced team configurations
  • In the case of unbalanced team configuration, host will always be the one with less teammates
  • Players are always divided to the teams in order starting from the top of game lobby
  • The system works for any amount of players
Example: 5 players in game will give the following options
  • FFA (1 vs 1 vs 1 vs 1 vs 1)
  • 2 Teams (2 vs 3) [Unbalanced]
  • 3 Teams (1 vs 2 vs 2) [Unbalanced]
  • 4 Teams (1 vs 1 vs 1 vs 2) [Unbalanced]

Example: 6 players in game will give the following options
  • FFA (1 vs 1 vs 1 vs 1 vs 1 vs 1)
  • 2 Teams (3 vs 3) [Balanced]
  • 3 Teams (2 vs 2 vs 2) [Balanced]
  • 4 Teams (1 vs 1 vs 2 vs 2) [Unbalanced]
  • 5 Teams (1 vs 1 vs 1 vs 1 vs 2) [Unbalanced]
Immersive environment
  • Carefully picked sounds and soundscape
    • Most other maps have completely ignored the importance of sound effects
    • Blades 'n Gore II features:
      • Environmental sounds at appropriate places
      • Combat sound effects
      • Miscellaneous system sound effects on various occasions
  • Detailed and varying terrain
    • The terrain is improved by many doodad models exclusively made for this map
    • Custom trees, flower patches, structures and various other environmental doodads
  • Loads of custom models
Save/Load Systems
  • You can save your rank & score and continue from where you left on the next game
  • Note that your code is case-sensitive AND bound to your username
  • Also note that playing single player will not earn you score
Advanced damage modeling
  • Being kicked or interrupted during a strike can throw you off balance and cause you to stumble
  • Getting critically low on health will make you limp and bleed, reducing your movement speed
  • Beautiful gore effects upon death
    • Bloody limbs and body parts fly in arcs through the air leaving momentary blood trails behind
  • Arrows and throwing weapons stick to their targets
    • A feature you may have seen in games like Oblivion or Mount&Blade
  • You can disembowel enemies by slashing them while they are stumbling!
  • You can impale enemies by lunging through them while they are stumbling!
AI enemies
  • They are capable of kicking you, throwing stuff at you, using power slam, shooting at you...
  • Some of them will also limp when their health is low enough
  • Only present in the Boss Mode for now
Bots
  • Blades 'n Gore II supports AI controlled bot players.
  • During setting selection the host can select a bot threshold, which is basically a player count number.
    • If the actual player count is less than the selected number, bots will fill the missing slots.
  • Also, if a player leaves the game and bot threshold has been set, a bot will take over the leaving player to keep the player count in the defined amount.
  • The bots are currently available for deathmatch, team deathmatch, and boss mode.
Character Customization
  • Players can customize their character's gender, face and hairstyle
  • You can earn customization unlocks by reaching the required ranks!

[/TD]

[/TD] [TD]

[TD] Forum [/TD]

[ Blades 'n Gore II Forum ]

[/TD] [TD]
[TD] Gameplay in more detail [/TD]

The systems are complex and there are many nuances and subtleties that will easily go unnoticed at first.
However, you will only have to play the game for 5 minutes to grasp the concept and to understand the basics.
Defend [Q] - Protects you from incoming damage. You must be facing the damage source to block the damage.

[tr][td]
Lunge [W] [/td][td] - A long range strike.[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]
Slash [E] [/td][td] - A wide area strike.[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]
Drink [R] [/td][td] - Heals you gradually. However, you are vulnerable to attacks while drinking.[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]
Sprint [A] [/td][td] - Temporary speed bonus suited for fast long range travelling.[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]
Power Slam [/td][td] - Deals tremendous damage, even pushing half of it through defend. Slow to cast though.[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]
Kick [D][/td][td] - Completely ignores defend and sends the target stumbling backwards.[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]
Tumble [F][/td][td] - A quick evasive move. Can also be used to boost other abilities with extra movement.[/td][/tr]

[TD]
124756-albums5391-picture56141.png
Defend, Lunge, Slash, Drink
Sprint, Power Slam, Kick, Tumble
[/TD]

The trick to winning the battles lies in knowing how to conserve and use your stamina

Note: Depending on the game mode and settings, you may be able to level up your abilities!

[/TD][tr][TD][/TD][/tr][TD]

Gameplay Video Footage

Screenshots

[TD]
Thanks to xorkatoss for recording and uploading!
Map version
0.96m was played in the video
Be sure to watch in
full screen and in 1080p HD!

Recorded by xorkatoss (map version 0.93m)
Recorded by xorkatoss (map version 0.93m)
Recorded by xorkatoss (map version 0.93f)
Recorded by ironymon1 (map version 0.57c)

[/TD]
[TD]

124756-albums5386-picture55359.jpg

Tropical Island
The default game area for deathmatch and team deathmatch

124756-albums5386-picture56981.jpg

Boss Mode
An eager beta tester (xorkatoss) has managed to catch a kunai, 2 shurikens and an arrow with his body.
Gotta catch 'em all but try not to bleed to death!

124756-albums5386-picture55411.jpg

In-Game
Screenshot of actual gameplay with small number of players.

[/TD]

Credits

Notes

[TD]
Imported models, interface, icons, etc... - Kitabatake Notable Contributors:
  • Sheep100
Notable Beta Testers:
  • ironymon1
  • xorkatoss
  • Playcanon
  • masterrub10
  • The_Optimizer
Interested in testing? Contact Kitabatake on Garena or Hive.
The games are mostly played through Garena.

[/TD]
[TD]

The map is currently in beta, which means that bugs will be fixed and more features added in later versions.
The map is also kept protected during beta-stage development.

Found a bug?
Got an idea to suggest?
Interested in helping out with the map?
Interested in testing?

--> Let me know!

[/TD]

[TD] Want to play the map online? [/TD]

Join the Garena group

1. Start garena plus
    2. Press
      124756-albums5391-picture56662.png
      and select Join Group
    3. type in 31617 and press Next

• You must have Garena Plus installed to be able to join groups.
    • The old Garena client does not support groups.
  • If you have problems joining, contact Kitabatake via garena.
  • The map is often hosted in one of the EU RPG rooms.
    • The room is announced in the group when the map is hosted.

Note: When you join the group, say something in the chat!
[TD]
  • If you say nothing, you will show up inactive in member list
    • Inactive members are removed whenever group gets full.
  • You might want to say something at least once every month.
  • A single "hi" is enough, your activity status is then updated to current day.
[/TD]

NOTE: If you find yourself kicked from the group, it doesn't mean you've "done something wrong".
It just means that there has been no space for new members and a couple of the most inactive members have been removed to make space for them.
Feel free to rejoin the group at any time!

[TD] Version changes [/TD]

[/TD][tr][TD][/TD][/tr]
[/TD]

Keywords:
Blades 'n Gore, II, fast, paced, sword, fighting, team, deathmatch
Contents

Blades 'n Gore II v0.99h (Map)

Reviews
Date: 14:09:12 31-Jan-12 Map Moderator: -Kobas- Map Status: Approved 5/5 Contact map moderator: Visitor Message / Private Message! Comment: Awesome ideas. Good job :thumbs_up:
Awesome work, I must check whats new ! try to upload stable vers on makemehost please cause its hard to host otherwise
Yes, the newest version is uploaded there.
I'll try to remember to upload the map there whenever I make an update from now on.
Now, with your timed death match, the n00bs that I battled last time, gained pretty much good. What I mean by good? They TRASHED me. Quite literally.

Anywho, what and where. Nice you will gain my Five Thumbs. XD.
That's good to hear.
From what I've seen, it takes roughly 15-25 minutes for a newbie to get a decent grasp of the combat systems and to start owning people.
Are you gonna add boots, capes, staffs, etc? Or you're just too lazy to do it XD
Such content might unnecessarily overcomplicate the current game modes.
However, if I ever actually get around to implementing a more RPG-oriented game mode, I would of course try to make more available equipment categories.
[td]
I suggest you to add some different co-op mode. Example, defend the castle, destroy the enemy base etc.
[/td][td]
Maybe you are suggesting an AOSlike mode but yes its a good mode I suggest and recommend what Shinji saids
[/td][td]
Kita said that he doesn't like AoS Style maps
[/td]
Yeah, I'll think about including a new game mode after fixing and improving the current modes a bit.

I try not to rush new game modes since I'd rather have a few carefully made, entertaining modes with good replay value instead of having dozens of "play-once-and-forget" types of modes.
Also, it is worth mentioning that the more modes there are, the more time I will have to spend on their upkeep (fixing bugs and making improvements).
This time is removed from all other development, meaning that the overall progress will be much slower and new features will take longer to implement.

A couple of questions for everybody!

[TD]
  1. What do you think of the warmup game mode?
    • Too fast? Too slow?
    • Is it newbie friendly?
    • How could it be improved?
  2. Favorite sword / armor? Why?
  3. Least favorite sword / armor? Why?
  4. Favorite game mode? Why?
  5. Least favorite game mode? Why?
[/TD]

Feedback is appreciated!

Level 14
What do you think of the warmup game mode?
Too fast? Too slow?
Is it newbie friendly?
How could it be improved?
Favorite sword / armor? Why?
Least favorite sword / armor? Why?
Favorite game mode? Why?
Least favorite game mode? Why?

1. Just fine.
2. I think so.
3. With more cool game modes.
4. I forgot the name. But it was the most expensive ones. Because they are the strongest.
5. The default weak ones. Because they are the weakest.
6. Boss mode. Because I have no players to play with.
7. Death match. I don't have players to play with. Alone in the arena is boring.

Level 12
sup here is my input

elder god tier = $$$ katana $$$ best fucking wep
katana is blatantly the best sword for its mana regen. basically, use this weapon in tandem with shit like the greatsword/blood lotus/nodachi to win the game. that being said:

god tier = greatsword for DAT TITAN SLAYER
demigod tier = nodachi for DAT POWERSLAM
good tier = blood lotus, having to drink constantly gets in the way sometimes, but dat fucking damage
variable tier = claymore, which i have no clue as to how the regen works. you should detail how this weapon works. also it seems good in boss mode, don't really know how effective it is in PvP situations

i don't really use armor but the mercenary's frontal damage reduction seems really good. also 18 stamina to 15 stamina isn't really that much (at least i dont think so)

Somewhat OK tier: viking sword, which doesn't seem really good in comparison with greatsword/blood lotus damage. those weapons may have shit regen but you can easily couple them with the katana
its 5+ damage bonus that lasts for only a couple of seconds sucks compared to the Greatsword's titan raper
also reaching the peak damage bonus for the viking sword takes up, AT THE LEAST, 45 mp (and that sucks)
suggesting a maximum damage boost of like 10 and damage increase in +2 intervals

babby tier: bastard sword which has shitty bonuses and is outclassed by the katana, +15 hp and +5 mana honestly won't make jack of a difference man
suggesting higher bonuses
and a lower gold cost

what are you doing tier: war fang has crappy mp bonus and its lifesteal ability is pretty unnoticeable zzzzzzzzz
considering it takes like 5 hits to kill someone, 2 health per hit is crap
also it MIGHT be kool in crowd control situations, but that hardly occurs in PvP at all
but still, there are better ways to stay alive than lifesteal, such as spamming the fuck out of tumble-lunge-tumble across the map and drinking
suggesting higher lifesteal (at least 4-6 hp per hit)

as for armor, i don't really like using it because of the mp restrictions

Favorite game mode? Why?
#1 would probably duel arena because of the lack of clusterfuck

#2 = battle zone for its wide selection of weapons n shit, but still a little clusterfucky

#3 = boss mode; kiting enemies for eternity gets old
but you're going to add new bosses, right..?

#999999999999 = deathmatch aka chucklefuck central, hory shit the DM map is so small make it bigger
EDIT: actually disregard that, i just notice that a lot of the times i play DM there are only a handful of sectors that are fought in
spread out the spawns more or something
EDIT2: complementary image because i am bored as hell and waiting for valve to release pyromania update http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/4015/bngdm.png

Last edited:
Level 9
Well, in fact deathmatch is fun only with fullhouse... And boss mode is just
->power slam if there are big mobs or slash if archers/footmen->run to column->drink->
I also take there a greatesword on 2nd (or 3rd round) and then an armor which allows you to run fast on low hp. That saves if you incidentally catch boss's slam shockwave.

Maybe you will remove creeps at all and make there smth more similar to impossible bosses? I mean boss rounds. And some creeps may be still be kept there with some summoning spells of bosses. Because only boss there is hard(=take some time to kill and you can dye incidentally) and creeps are not even challenging.

Level 20
Too fast? Too slow?

-Too fast for me, you should try to extend the length of the warmup mode to 5 minutes
Is it newbie friendly?
-Actually, it is good for the new ones to enjoy the map in first time. :squee:
-Just keep it as that way, but extend the time to 5 minutes. :squee:
-Katana :squee: That awesome bonus on that sword, and for the armor, all of them are good though
-I don't have a Least favorite sword or armor, all of them are super awzome :squee:
Favorite game mode? Why?
-Yes, Boss Battle of course, that cool boss and archers that you can almost dodge all archer's attack :p
-That 1v1 battle where you'll be place on the throne when you win and challenge a new player to claim your throne. Why? Because you'll just spectate and somehow get bored

Level 20
It's a bit annoying to start with minimal abilities:D but i guess it helps the newbies understand and learn the game.
Too fast? Too slow?
I think the duration of the mode is good.
Is it newbie friendly?
I'm not a newbie, BUT as I've seen through playing with newbies it does help them a lot.
It was a lot harder for them to learn the game before Warm Up was added.

Maybe a short cinematic intro showing the basic skills of the game and a short fight showing some basic abilities.

First short cinematic combat:
Unit 1: Uses Defend
Unit 2: Tries to Slash
"unit 1 blocks attack of unit 2"
Unit 2: Kicks to break Defend and then successfully Slashes
End of Cinematic.

Second short cinematic combat:
Unit 1: Runs in front of Unit 2 and starts casting a powerslam.
Unit 2: Tumbles away unhurt from the Power Slam.
End of Cinematic.

Optional:
You could show some text explaining what is going on in the cinematic intro.

Katana for the amazing stamina regeneration and the +2 stamina per hit which is almost op:p
Crimson Yoroi, it makes it hard to limp and with the Katana passive(stamina doesn't drop below 20% when on low hp)it's epic^^

Eclipse Cuirass, it gives awesome protection but it makes you so slow and i need to best speed if I'm going to catch fleeing enemies.
Nodachi, gives awesome range in attacks but it has slow stamina regeneration and your stamina is drained fast.

Favorite game mode? Why?
Insta Kill Deathmatch, why? because you spam Lunge like a boss and own everyone:D

Duel Arena, it's not that bad but i hate it when i have to w8 for my turn everytime i die...
Plus I can't choose weapons/armor, some way to quick select weapon/armor or random weapon/armor every round would be good.
Maybe Duel Arena would have been easier and more fun if it had 2vs2 fights:p

Last edited:
Level 4
Too fast? Too slow?
Ofc its epic and nothing to fix(just a warmup:thumbs_up:)
Is it newbie friendly?
No because newbs die and they dont understand anything:( so they leave after they die
A LOT of ways like: make good faces and not ugly,remove some minor bugs,tutorial for newbs and nothing more.for now ;P
Claymore(its epic stamina effect) and all armors are all nice i barely choose one cuz all of them are great!
Everything in this map is EPIC.simply.
Favorite game mode? Why?
Duel arena 4ever. no interrupts,no killsteals at 1 v 1 matches and that is the best!
Battlezone... just protect or assault flags nothing more:( still its good mode but others are better:D

Last edited:
Level 2
My thought of the map.

My comment is about Blades and Gore version 0.90F
---------------------------Please read this--------------------------------
-Nice map 4/5 (Don't judge me -- nothing is perfect) Loaded with fun.
-Can you add combo moves to the game like double slash -> whirl wind or something? I think it would be great.
-Make the fighting zone bigger in death match because people keep fighting in one place (the hill near the ship to the north).
-Need to buff the Viking Sword and War Fang.
-Need to change the steel plate armor ability.
-Let people chose their weapon and armor in Duel Arena.
-Shuriken and Kunai suck (high cooldown, easy to dodge, hard to hit because of the small AOE, TOO EXPENSIVE) -- need more work on these type of weapon.
-Armor and Sword need to be upgradable.
-Need ability further upgrade with gold or something (like slash slow enemy for a while ETC...).
-Make Shop available in all mode and killing others give you gold :).
-I think you should add boots or helmet or glove or something to since longer game -> more gold but you don't know what else to buy.
-Boss mode is too easy (running around with A, W, S -> hide behind columms and drink and hit run) and it's too boring since there is like only 5 rounds.
-Why do you need to change the face when nobody can see it? and the face is just super ugly.
-Add more hair xD, Hair is awesome.
-I think you should let people modify their basic armor look.
-Add Light saber xD. I just want more weapon and armor with awesome look.
-Add new game mode and maybe ... romove Capture The Fag and add something like WTF mode where your skill cost no mana or something like that.
-------------This is me answer your bunch of SHITLOAD question xD--------
---What do you think of the warmup game mode? Too fast? Too slow?
=>I think it's good enough but to newbie it's too fast they can't learn fast enough to play the map (except for god-like gamers because they are just god-like) and just quit as soon as they die without killing anyone.

---Is it newbie friendly?
=>I think yes because it gives newbies the opportunity to learn combo, how to use skill ... and stuff step by step slowly from noob to advance

---How could it be improved?
=>Add more time.

---Favorite sword / armor? Why?
=>Nodachi and Crimson Yoroi. Nodachi gives great range to damage enemy from a safe distance and also easier to hit others because of the increased AOE and Crimson Yoroi give average stat, average penalty nothing special but its ability (Bushido) is awesome because of its many use (escaping, ...)

---Least favorite sword / armor? Why?
=>Viking sword, War Fang and Eclipse Cuirass and Steel Plate Armor. Viking sword's ability boosts your damage by maximum of 5 ... is this a joke or something? 5 damage? Seriously? It's like "Oh you got Viking Sword? I didn't know". War Fang give 2hp/strike ... it's not noticable since 2hp isn't that much ... Eclipse Cuirass's stats is great but it make you move much more slower and i really need speed to run away from others when on low health or chase them. And wearing Steel Plate Armor is like saying "I'm always going to run away from you instead of using defend or fight" ... yeah its ability suck :|

---Favorite game mode? Why?
=>Death match. Total CHAOS equals extreme fun

---Least favorite game mode? Why?
=>Battlezone ... it suck because you always have to WALK around capturing points, it's time-consuming. -> fewer clash in a map that people supposed to fight all the time. -> the mode dies

That's Pretty Much It, Can't find any bug or glitch
Again, Great map guys

Thank you for reading my comment :)

Last edited:
Level 9
omfg all those colours are horribles

Warmup is good ! quick and efficient

i just think it lacks one or two fighting abilities, similar (but different xD) to the E spell.
Well i tested it again but not too long, anyway i tried the boss mode and it was hard, that's cool.

Thanks for the suggestions and feedback! Very much appreciated!

I can barely see your comment. I'm using low graphics.

Well.... Maybe there won't be huge updates any more....
I'm quite occupied by work at the moment so updates have been rather small.

However, I'm planning on some major changes especially to boss mode as soon as I have the time.

Also, some replies to the feedback:

-Need to change the steel plate armor ability.
Do you have any suggestions?

-Shuriken and Kunai suck (high cooldown, easy to dodge, hard to hit because of the small AOE, TOO EXPENSIVE) -- need more work on these type of weapon.
They are meant as support weapons that are used from time to time. Yeah they might be a bit too expensive atm.
What kind of work are you suggesting on this weapon type?

Note that if I make them have low cooldown, people might just start spamming them and that would make the sword fighting lose it's significance.
[td]
-Boss mode is too easy (running around with A, W, S -> hide behind columms and drink and hit run) and it's too boring since there is like only 5 rounds.
[/td][td]
[/td]
How would you improve it?

I am planning on adding more bosses and more minion types in the near future.
Would there be other ways to also improve the mode?

Viking sword's ability boosts your damage by maximum of 5 ... is this a joke or something? 5 damage? Seriously? It's like "Oh you got Viking Sword? I didn't know".
That is +5 to the "Weapon damage stat" instead of the "damage dealt to player".
Yes, the description is very misleading.
In the next version the sword's "Damage" stat will be renamed to "Power" so you will know when the tooltips are referring to direct damage and when they are referring to the stat which is used by abilities and multiplied before dealing damage.

When you have the +5 bonus from viking sword, your slash deals +15 additional damage and your power strike deals +28 additional damage, etc...

-Need to buff the Viking Sword and War Fang.
-Let people chose their weapon and armor in Duel Arena.
-Make Shop available in all mode and killing others give you gold :).
-Add more hair xD, Hair is awesome.
These will be included in the upcoming updates!

-Make the fighting zone bigger in death match because people keep fighting in one place (the hill near the ship to the north).
-Can you add combo moves to the game like double slash -> whirl wind or something? I think it would be great.
-Armor and Sword need to be upgradable.
-Need ability further upgrade with gold or something (like slash slow enemy for a while ETC...).
-I think you should add boots or helmet or glove or something to since longer game -> more gold but you don't know what else to buy.
-Why do you need to change the face when nobody can see it? and the face is just super ugly.
-I think you should let people modify their basic armor look.
-Add Light saber xD. I just want more weapon and armor with awesome look.
Very good suggestions! I'll keep these in mind.

elder god tier = $$$ katana $$$ best fucking wep
katana is blatantly the best sword for its mana regen. basically, use this weapon in tandem with shit like the greatsword/blood lotus/nodachi to win the game. that being said:

god tier = greatsword for DAT TITAN SLAYER
demigod tier = nodachi for DAT POWERSLAM
good tier = blood lotus, having to drink constantly gets in the way sometimes, but dat fucking damage
variable tier = claymore, which i have no clue as to how the regen works. you should detail how this weapon works. also it seems good in boss mode, don't really know how effective it is in PvP situations

i don't really use armor but the mercenary's frontal damage reduction seems really good. also 18 stamina to 15 stamina isn't really that much (at least i dont think so)

Somewhat OK tier: viking sword, which doesn't seem really good in comparison with greatsword/blood lotus damage. those weapons may have shit regen but you can easily couple them with the katana
its 5+ damage bonus that lasts for only a couple of seconds sucks compared to the Greatsword's titan raper
also reaching the peak damage bonus for the viking sword takes up, AT THE LEAST, 45 mp (and that sucks)
suggesting a maximum damage boost of like 10 and damage increase in +2 intervals

babby tier: bastard sword which has shitty bonuses and is outclassed by the katana, +15 hp and +5 mana honestly won't make jack of a difference man
suggesting higher bonuses
and a lower gold cost

what are you doing tier: war fang has crappy mp bonus and its lifesteal ability is pretty unnoticeable zzzzzzzzz
considering it takes like 5 hits to kill someone, 2 health per hit is crap
also it MIGHT be kool in crowd control situations, but that hardly occurs in PvP at all
but still, there are better ways to stay alive than lifesteal, such as spamming the fuck out of tumble-lunge-tumble across the map and drinking
suggesting higher lifesteal (at least 4-6 hp per hit)

as for armor, i don't really like using it because of the mp restrictions

Favorite game mode? Why?
#1 would probably duel arena because of the lack of clusterfuck

#2 = battle zone for its wide selection of weapons n shit, but still a little clusterfucky

#999999999999 = deathmatch aka chucklefuck central, hory shit the DM map is so small make it bigger
EDIT: actually disregard that, i just notice that a lot of the times i play DM there are only a handful of sectors that are fought in
spread out the spawns more or something
EDIT2: complementary image because i am bored as hell and waiting for valve to release pyromania update http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/4015/bngdm.png
Very good points! Also nice image :p

Yes, I didn't reply to all of the feedback.
However, I've read all of them and there's many good points and suggestions that will be useful in developing the next versions!

BTW! I am thinking of enabling the shopping in deathmatch and duel arena.
The shops will be used entirely through the hotkeys (H U S to buy swords and H U A to buy armors)

1. Do you think this is the best way to implement shopping in these modes?
  2. Do you have any opinions on the hotkeys?
  3. Do you have better ideas on how to implement the shopping in these modes?
Again, all feedback is appreciated!

Maybe making the duel arena like a colosseum would work.

Yes, that might actually work.
I'll just have to make the observer camera so that it will lock to one of the duelists while being anchored to the observer's character.
This way they could observe the duel while also purchasing new weapons and armor.

Thanks for the suggestion!

Level 20
Do you think this is the best way to implement shopping in these modes?
Accessing shops through hotkeys is pretty much the best option IMO.
Do you have any opinions on the hotkeys?
O to learn Abilities, P to Purchase Items, that makes us OPA for Armors and OPS for Sword.
OPA = OP Armor:)
OPS = OP Sword:)

Do you have better ideas on how to implement the shopping in these modes?
Hotkeys are by far enough, for me atleast.

Extra Questions: (why?) because i can;D

Do you find throwables useful?
Yes, last hitting with kunai/shuriken looks bad-ass:D

How often do you use throwables?
Only in Deathmatch and Duel Arena that are automatically given to us, in boss mode the gold gain is not enough go buy throwables since armor and sword is much better and sometimes in Battle Zone too if it's a long game.

Would you like to see more throwables?
Yes, a Poison Dart dealing DOT [Damage Over Time] would be awesome;D

Last edited:
Level 2
31337's Suggestion

My comment is about Blades and Gore version 0.90F

---------------------------Please read this--------------------------------

- I think boss should not ONLY use Power Slam and Kick (Since it's too easy to predict when boss will use Power Slam and Kick just can't kill you it make the distance between your character and "the boss" greater => drink) Boss should now use Slash too :) (Perform quicker) and reduce kick's knockback distance - Or something like that.:ogre_hurrhurr:
- CHANGE LUNGE IN BOSS MODE (who want to lunge in a bunch of "SHITLOAD" of creep and boss? - I only use combo Tumble + Lunge + Tumble to get away beside that ... Lunge have no use) I have no idea how to change this maybe just leave it that way or OMNISLASH - Slash like there is no tommorow :ogre_hurrhurr: :goblin_yeah::grin: for *a* duration. Damage and mana depend on slash + OMNISLASH level add cooldown to this ability to make it less OP - or something like that.:ogre_hurrhurr:
- Add TRAP - Consumable Item - maybe make enemy stand still for a short period or damage enemy ... or something like that. Trap can be trigger by Allies, make them visible with Allies
- Add HOTKEY FOR ITEM (I don't want to use NUMPAD it's too far away from QWERASDF buttons or Mouse because it cost too many time to move your mouse to your inventory ...) refer near QWERASDF or something like that:ogre_hurrhurr:
- Add POWER UP - You buy it from the shop, it combine with your Sword/Armor/Boots/... and add new ability to that item like: Orb of fire + SWORD => SWORD of Fire, add burning effect, when hit burn the enemy with *x* damage for *y* duration something like that.:ogre_hurrhurr:
- Add night time -> 240s = 1 day, 80s = night, 160s = day, At night your vision is reduced, your speed will be slowed or something like that.:ogre_hurrhurr:
- Add SURVIVAL MODE you and your friend is trap in the middle of an island or Dungeon or something like that and defend through *z* ways of creeps or *b* time in this mode make allies visible on minimap. Add shop in this mode, you have *c* second to buy item between waves, Creep have upgraded armor and damage each wave, spawn a bunch of creeps and swarm our survivor. Replace CTF (Battle zone) with This mode xD. More people = Harder, More Creeps >:). Or you can just increase creeps power and reduce number of creeps. Make the survival mode's Terrain scary. Or something like that.:ogre_hurrhurr:
- Steel Plate Armor ability should be: What can't kill you make you stronger: Every time you get hit you have your armor increased by *d* points and maybe reduce your speed. Or have chance to deflect Kunai, Shuriken, Arrow and attack. Or something like that:ogre_hurrhurr:
- Shuriken and Kunai can hit Allies and damage them, so the user will need to consider more before throwing. Or something like that:ogre_hurrhurr:
- Reduce Shuriken and Kunai's Throwing Animation Time and Maybe change the Animation, don't make it so Obvious and so Ugly ...:ogre_hurrhurr:
- Increase Shuriken, Kunai, Arrow's Missile Speed and increase their AOE by 15% or something like that.:ogre_hurrhurr:
- Make your character's face easier to see (make them bigger or something like that):ogre_hurrhurr:
-Do you think this is the best way to implement shopping in these modes?
=>Yes, because you don't have to walk to the Shopping area and stand there

-Do you have any opinions on the hotkeys?
=>Maybe 1 for shop, 2 for armor, 3 for sword, 4 for consumable, and so on

-Do you have better ideas on how to implement the shopping in these modes?
=> Use only Hotkey.

I bet that you will be annoyed by "Or something like that" :ogre_hurrhurr:

That's Pretty Much It, Can't find any bug or glitch

-Oh wait there is one: When I use Tumble + Lunge sometime the RED CIRCLE appear and stay there forever if I don't order another command. Does that deal damage? It's not a game-changing but anything worth to be reported :).

Again, Great map KITABATAKE the AOE's Samurai

Thank you for reading my comment :)
-I replace WHITE color with GREY
-Give me +4 Kita >:) :ogre_hurrhurr: or maybe OVER 9000 :ogre_hurrhurr:

Do you have any opinions on the hotkeys?
O to learn Abilities, P to Purchase Items, that makes us OPA for Armors and OPS for Sword.
OPA = OP Armor:)
OPS = OP Sword:)
Hmm.
They are a bit further away than the current hotkeys (H U A for armor, H U S for swords).
How many people would prefer keeping the current hotkeys? How many would prefer to have them changed?

How often do you use throwables?
Only in Deathmatch and Duel Arena that are automatically given to us, in boss mode the gold gain is not enough go buy throwables since armor and sword is much better and sometimes in Battle Zone too if it's a long game.

Would you like to see more throwables?
Yes, a Poison Dart dealing DOT [Damage Over Time] would be awesome;D
I'll keep those in mind.

[td]
Kita is on the news, check it out :squee:
[/td][td]
Dude I love this game
5/5
[/td]
Very nice to hear!

- I think boss should not ONLY use Power Slam and Kick (Since it's too easy to predict when boss will use Power Slam and Kick just can't kill you it make the distance between your character and "the boss" greater => drink) Boss should now use Slash too :) (Perform quicker) and reduce kick's knockback distance - Or something like that.
More boss stuff in later updates
- CHANGE LUNGE IN BOSS MODE (who want to lunge in a bunch of "SHITLOAD" of creep and boss? - I only use combo Tumble + Lunge + Tumble to get away beside that ... Lunge have no use) I have no idea how to change this maybe just leave it that way or OMNISLASH
You can lunge with greatsword to deal decent damage while getting away safely.
You can also charge up several lunges (shift+click multiple times when casting) to easily lunge through a crowd of creeps relatively safely.

- Add HOTKEY FOR ITEM (I don't want to use NUMPAD it's too far away from QWERASDF buttons or Mouse because it cost too many time to move your mouse to your inventory ...) refer near QWERASDF or something like that
How?

- Add TRAP - Consumable Item - maybe make enemy stand still for a short period or damage enemy ... or something like that. Trap can be trigger by Allies, make them visible with Allies
- Add POWER UP - You buy it from the shop, it combine with your Sword/Armor/Boots/... and add new ability to that item like: Orb of fire + SWORD => SWORD of Fire, add burning effect, when hit burn the enemy with *x* damage for *y* duration something like that.
- Add night time -> 240s = 1 day, 80s = night, 160s = day, At night your vision is reduced, your speed will be slowed or something like that.
- Add SURVIVAL MODE you and your friend is trap in the middle of an island or Dungeon or something like that and defend through *z* ways of creeps or *b* time in this mode make allies visible on minimap. Add shop in this mode, you have *c* second to buy item between waves, Creep have upgraded armor and damage each wave, spawn a bunch of creeps and swarm our survivor. Replace CTF (Battle zone) with This mode xD. More people = Harder, More Creeps >:). Or you can just increase creeps power and reduce number of creeps. Make the survival mode's Terrain scary. Or something like that.
- Steel Plate Armor ability should be: What can't kill you make you stronger: Every time you get hit you have your armor increased by *d* points and maybe reduce your speed. Or have chance to deflect Kunai, Shuriken, Arrow and attack. Or something like that
- Shuriken and Kunai can hit Allies and damage them, so the user will need to consider more before throwing. Or something like that
- Reduce Shuriken and Kunai's Throwing Animation Time and Maybe change the Animation, don't make it so Obvious and so Ugly ...
- Increase Shuriken, Kunai, Arrow's Missile Speed and increase their AOE by 15% or something like that.
- Make your character's face easier to see (make them bigger or something like that)
Thanks for the suggestions!
-Do you think this is the best way to implement shopping in these modes?
=>Yes, because you don't have to walk to the Shopping area and stand there

-Do you have any opinions on the hotkeys?
=>Maybe 1 for shop, 2 for armor, 3 for sword, 4 for consumable, and so on
Can't do that I believe.
Or do you know how?

-Oh wait there is one: When I use Tumble + Lunge sometime the RED CIRCLE appear and stay there forever if I don't order another command. Does that deal damage? It's not a game-changing but anything worth to be reported :).
Ah yes, gotta fix that one.

A couple of words about current map progress.
I'm working on armor stuff right now. If things go well, you should be able to upgrade your armor in the next version.
Tier 1 armors will be simple cuirasses and breastplates that won't really slow you down.
Those can then be upgraded to tier 2, which will have added shoulder pads and thigh protection and improved protective qualities while also having a more noticeable effect on your movement speed.

It will take some time to adjust the systems to support this so the next version will be coming next week, probably.

Level 9
"Satan" is Russian heavy ballistic nuclear missile with 15000 kilometers flight range. It is defensive thing in fact, cuz its main purpose is to survive the nuclear strike, to remember its target without command bunker if it is destroyed and to fly there, but anyway it is one of the most heavy missiles, 50 or 100 megatons I think. LoL, in fact Russia was almost never doing anything offensive. Also some our missiles are covered with special material to make laser anti-missile defense useless.

Level 20
You have to destroy apple and every single piece of shit it created :D I suggest a massive "Satan"s strike to cover all the land on the Earth. :D
Hmmh. Sounds like a plan!
You go do that.
I'll fix some bugs in the meanwhile.

why is everything above rank 16 called warlord?
Because there's names only for 16 ranks at the moment. More coming in the next version.

Kitabatake will be adding more rank names in the next update which will be delayed a bit, he will also increase the max lvl from 35 to infinite.

Maximum rank level is already practically infinite.
Currently lvl 35 or 36 is the last rank with the "warlord" name and after that there's only blank ranks.

Also, yes the next version will be slightly delayed.
Hopefully I'll get it uploaded this weekend or early next week.

Level 4
Any in-game-tip or pop-up similar to revival timer in other games coz a lot of newbies leave when they die e.g. before the final BOSS level (no pop-up for revival for dead for in next stage if remaining allies finish the current stage).

Also the hit from rightclick attack/auto-attack doesn't stop Blood Lotus' HP drain.

Regardless, I rly love the gameplay. This map sure is fun and unique. Keep it up.

Any in-game-tip or pop-up similar to revival timer in other games coz a lot of newbies leave when they die e.g. before the final BOSS level (no pop-up for revival for dead for in next stage if remaining allies finish the current stage).

Also the hit from rightclick attack/auto-attack doesn't stop Blood Lotus' HP drain.

Regardless, I rly love the gameplay. This map sure is fun and unique. Keep it up.

Some info about current progress:
The next version is almost finished now.
All there is to be done now is just some additional testing to weed out the bugs.
I would expect the new version to be upload-ready within a couple of days.

Level 4

Some info about current progress:
The next version is almost finished now.
All there is to be done now is just some additional testing to weed out the bugs.
I would expect the new version to be upload-ready within a couple of days.

YAY! Next update is almost finished... Can i still add more suggestions? :as:

I'm suggesting for the kunais/shurikens to be more worth it to buy...

..such that shurikens can be thrown with curved trajectory more like a boomerang except it it's not a boomerang so it never comes back. Maybe, waypointing the item target cast twice will make the first waypoint as the the tangent pt. of the curve path and the second waypoint determines the final half of the curved path. Ok, nvm, would've been a good idea but i think it's a waste of time since thrown weapons using this might need a larger or more zoomed out camera angle for clicking up the 2 points. Also shurikens throws need not curve to avoid the obstructions such as trees and walls since they pass right through it.

:amad::alol: Maybe a more feasible suggestion: upon contact of shuriken(s), it'll have a temporary maim effect, since practically they're used to distract opponents. Maybe.. IDK.. Make the item throw more than 1 or is upgradeable. nerf its damage if you will, but make it more of a nuisance, possibly can be stuck to the ground as well, since my throws randomly :ehem: miss the opponent when i perfectly aimed it {Ok fine.. I foolishly missed it, so why not miss on purpose, and make someone possibly trip them slowing them down. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shuriken#Usage: "The shuriken would sometimes be thrown in a way that cuts the opponent and become lost, later causing the opponent to believe that they were cut by an invisible swordsman. Shuriken, especially hira-shuriken, were also used in other novel ways—they might be embedded in the ground, injuring those who stepped on them (similar to a caltrop or tetsubishi), wrapped in fuse to be lit and thrown to cause fire, or wrapped in a cloth soaked in poison and lit to cover an area with a cloud of poisonous smoke. They can also be used as a handheld striking weapon in close combat.). If possible make the kunai as a slashing weapon while can be thrown as well [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kunai#Design: "Contrary to popular belief, they were not designed to be used primarily as throwing weapons, though they can be thrown and cause damage. Instead, they are a thrusting and stabbing implement."], nerf its damage too but make the hero granted more attackspeed in close combat yet the movespeed is untouched and still depends on the armor type.

Sry if my post was hard to read, i'm just too excited in suggesting these.

Level 9
Also maybe you will make throwing weapons consumables? For example you buy 20 shurikens and loose 1 when throwing. And maybe some chance (like 50%) to save it after it stops flying. I mean 50% it will not disappear, but will be dropped as an item.
You can also add some weapons which hurt only in long range with some skills like slash, like halberd.
Maybe also a shooting weapon with 2nd pack of skills or with alternative skills.

Massive Update!

Version 0.91e
[TD]
  • New Armor implemented
    • Light Brigandine
    • Ashigaru Yoroi
  • Old armors balanced
  • Armors can now be upgraded to heavier variants
    • Iron Breastplate -> Steel Plate (Defence oriented armor)
    • Light Brigandine -> Plated Brigandine (Mobility oriented armor)
    • Ashigaru Yoroi -> Crimson Yoroi (Flexibility oriented armor)
    • You can also directly buy heavier armor if you can afford both the heavy armor and it's requirements
  • Swords balanced
    • Viking Sword buffed; Damage bonus duration increased
    • War Fang buffed; Health Leech increased
  • Sword "Damage" attribute has been renamed to "Power"
    • All item and ability tooltips have been revised to accommodate this change
    • Now "Damage" always refers to the direct and final damage caused to the target
    • Now "Power" always refers to the "base damage" that is multiplied by abilities when dealing actual damage
    • Examples:
      • Greatsword bonus is +10% Damage of enemy health (Capped to 30 damage)
        • This deals maximum 30 extra damage
      • Viking Sword bonus can reach +5 Power
        • This deals +15 damage for a slash
        • This deals +28 damage for a power slam
  • New Game Setting
    • Infinite Stamina
      • Available on same game modes as the instakill
  • Rank names redone
  • Mode improvements
    • Merchants are now enabled in all game modes
      • Starting equipment has been replaced with gold
      • Kills are now also rewarded with gold in Deathmatch, Team Deathmatch and Duel Arena
    • Merchant Hotkeys have been improved
      • [H A] = buy armor
      • [H S] = buy swords
      • [H D] = buy throwables
      • [H F] = spend ability points
      • These hotkeys are now mentioned in the loading screen as well to help newbies
    • Boss Mode boss model replaced with an improved version
  • Overall Balance fixes:
    • Idle stamina regeneration has been increased by 10% (affects all weapons & armor)
      • You'll spend a bit less time waiting for stamina to regenerate now.
    • Drink ability potency reduced by 10%
  • Bug Fixes:
    • Warmup Mode fixed; The victory sequence is no longer run twice at the end
    • Kill Limit dialog fixed; Selecting the kill limit will no longer bug and fail to show the main setting dialog, forcing the host to "-reset" the game
    • Time Limit fixed; Round time limit timer no longer appears at wrong game modes
    • Reset Game fixed; Character customization interface will no longer go blank if the game is reset when the player is in the shopping screen
    • Lunge Ability fixed; The ability will no longer get stuck and keep dealing damage after the ability has been performed in certain ways.
      • Also the ability weapon effect will no longer appear on the wrong character if the ability is spammed
    • Auto-observe fixed; You will no longer randomly have your camera stuck pointing at nothing after dying in Boss Mode.
[/TD]

So what does this new version bring to the map?
Main highlights:
  • Several annoying bugs have been finally fixed!
  • You can now buy equipment in all game modes!
  • You can buy light armor and upgrade it to heavier armor!
  • The much requested "Infinite Stamina" setting is now implemented!
  • Weapon "Damage" attribute renamed to "Power" to avoid misconceptions!

YAY! Next update is almost finished... Can i still add more suggestions? :as:

I'm suggesting for the kunais/shurikens to be more worth it to buy...

..such that shurikens can be thrown with curved trajectory more like a boomerang except it it's not a boomerang so it never comes back. Maybe, waypointing the item target cast twice will make the first waypoint as the the tangent pt. of the curve path and the second waypoint determines the final half of the curved path. Ok, nvm, would've been a good idea but i think it's a waste of time since thrown weapons using this might need a larger or more zoomed out camera angle for clicking up the 2 points. Also shurikens throws need not curve to avoid the obstructions such as trees and walls since they pass right through it.

:amad::alol: Maybe a more feasible suggestion: upon contact of shuriken(s), it'll have a temporary maim effect, since practically they're used to distract opponents. Maybe.. IDK.. Make the item throw more than 1 or is upgradeable. nerf its damage if you will, but make it more of a nuisance, possibly can be stuck to the ground as well, since my throws randomly :ehem: miss the opponent when i perfectly aimed it {Ok fine.. I foolishly missed it, so why not miss on purpose, and make someone possibly trip them slowing them down. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shuriken#Usage: "The shuriken would sometimes be thrown in a way that cuts the opponent and become lost, later causing the opponent to believe that they were cut by an invisible swordsman. Shuriken, especially hira-shuriken, were also used in other novel ways—they might be embedded in the ground, injuring those who stepped on them (similar to a caltrop or tetsubishi), wrapped in fuse to be lit and thrown to cause fire, or wrapped in a cloth soaked in poison and lit to cover an area with a cloud of poisonous smoke. They can also be used as a handheld striking weapon in close combat.). If possible make the kunai as a slashing weapon while can be thrown as well [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kunai#Design: "Contrary to popular belief, they were not designed to be used primarily as throwing weapons, though they can be thrown and cause damage. Instead, they are a thrusting and stabbing implement."], nerf its damage too but make the hero granted more attackspeed in close combat yet the movespeed is untouched and still depends on the armor type.

Sry if my post was hard to read, i'm just too excited in suggesting these.

Also maybe you will make throwing weapons consumables? For example you buy 20 shurikens and loose 1 when throwing. And maybe some chance (like 50%) to save it after it stops flying. I mean 50% it will not disappear, but will be dropped as an item.
Well it's a nice suggestion but it would probably be too much of a hassle in this map. Both gameplay-wise and technically.
You can also add some weapons which hurt only in long range with some skills like slash, like halberd.
Maybe also a shooting weapon with 2nd pack of skills or with alternative skills.
That is possible but at the moment it's too much work to be pursued.

Level 10
This map is getting even greater. Simply amazing. I have a little suggestion;

In buy/spend abilities menu (which is "H"), make another "back to main" ability which is also accessed by pressing "H", to all sub menus in there, which returns to menu where you can use your abilities. "Esc" key is a bit far. This will make things a lot easier i think.