• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Blades 'n Gore II v0.99h

This bundle is marked as high quality. It exceeds standards and is highly desirable.
[TD]
124756-albums5391-picture65030.png
[/TD][TD]
[TD]
[TD][/TD][TD][/TD][TD][/TD][TD]

Kitabatake Presents:
BnG_BnG.png

A fast-paced sword fighting game for 1-12 players
[/TD][TD][/TD][TD][/TD][TD][/TD]
[/TD] [TD]

Map Summary

Features

[TD]

A sequel to the original, Blades 'n Gore II leaves it's predecessor in the dust by improving all the strengths,
removing all the weak parts and by introducing new features that add new dimensions to the gameplay.

BnG II is a fast paced sword fighting game that is fast to learn and hard to master.
It supports a variety of game modes & team configurations and more features are added with future updates.

The map supports
1-12 players.
Currently available game modes:
  • Boss Mode
    • Recommended for: 1-4 players
    • Players are all in the same team
    • You must cooperatively survive through all stages by defeating the AI enemies.
    • The final level is a boss battle
    [*]
    Battle Zone
    • Recommended for: 6-12 players
    • Players are evenly divided into 2 teams
    • The team to reach the score limit set by the host wins
    • The game area has 5 control points
      • The team that controls the majority of these points gains points periodically
      • Killing enemy players also give points
    • This game mode fully supports leveling up and buying new equipment
    [*]
    Deathmatch / Team Deathmatch
    • Recommended for: 2-12 players
    • Supports a variety of team configurations
    • The team (player in FFA) to reach kill limit set by the host wins
    • Supports InstaKill setting
      • All players spawn with a sword that kills with one hit.
      • Make good use of defend and evasive movements!
    [*]
    Duel Arena
    • Recommended for: 2-5 players
    • The player to reach kill limit set by the host wins
    • 2 players are chosen to duel against each other
    • The winner gets the kill and the loser is replaced with a random other player
    • The randomization only picks people that have played the least amount of duels so far
    • Supports InstaKill setting

[/TD]
[TD]
Smooth and versatile Combat systems
  • The smoothest melee combat system seen on Warcraft III
  • Fast to learn & hard to master
  • More details further down!
Team systems
  • The host is presented with all possible balanced and almost balanced team configurations
  • In the case of unbalanced team configuration, host will always be the one with less teammates
  • Players are always divided to the teams in order starting from the top of game lobby
  • The system works for any amount of players
Example: 5 players in game will give the following options
  • FFA (1 vs 1 vs 1 vs 1 vs 1)
  • 2 Teams (2 vs 3) [Unbalanced]
  • 3 Teams (1 vs 2 vs 2) [Unbalanced]
  • 4 Teams (1 vs 1 vs 1 vs 2) [Unbalanced]

Example: 6 players in game will give the following options
  • FFA (1 vs 1 vs 1 vs 1 vs 1 vs 1)
  • 2 Teams (3 vs 3) [Balanced]
  • 3 Teams (2 vs 2 vs 2) [Balanced]
  • 4 Teams (1 vs 1 vs 2 vs 2) [Unbalanced]
  • 5 Teams (1 vs 1 vs 1 vs 1 vs 2) [Unbalanced]
Immersive environment
  • Carefully picked sounds and soundscape
    • Most other maps have completely ignored the importance of sound effects
    • Blades 'n Gore II features:
      • Environmental sounds at appropriate places
      • Combat sound effects
      • Miscellaneous system sound effects on various occasions
  • Detailed and varying terrain
    • The terrain is improved by many doodad models exclusively made for this map
    • Custom trees, flower patches, structures and various other environmental doodads
  • Loads of custom models
Save/Load Systems
  • You can save your rank & score and continue from where you left on the next game
  • Note that your code is case-sensitive AND bound to your username
  • Also note that playing single player will not earn you score
Advanced damage modeling
  • Being kicked or interrupted during a strike can throw you off balance and cause you to stumble
  • Getting critically low on health will make you limp and bleed, reducing your movement speed
  • Beautiful gore effects upon death
    • Bloody limbs and body parts fly in arcs through the air leaving momentary blood trails behind
  • Arrows and throwing weapons stick to their targets
    • A feature you may have seen in games like Oblivion or Mount&Blade
  • You can disembowel enemies by slashing them while they are stumbling!
  • You can impale enemies by lunging through them while they are stumbling!
AI enemies
  • They are capable of kicking you, throwing stuff at you, using power slam, shooting at you...
  • Some of them will also limp when their health is low enough
  • Only present in the Boss Mode for now
Bots
  • Blades 'n Gore II supports AI controlled bot players.
  • During setting selection the host can select a bot threshold, which is basically a player count number.
    • If the actual player count is less than the selected number, bots will fill the missing slots.
  • Also, if a player leaves the game and bot threshold has been set, a bot will take over the leaving player to keep the player count in the defined amount.
  • The bots are currently available for deathmatch, team deathmatch, and boss mode.
Character Customization
  • Players can customize their character's gender, face and hairstyle
  • You can earn customization unlocks by reaching the required ranks!

[/TD]

[/TD] [TD]

[TD] Forum [/TD]

[ Blades 'n Gore II Forum ]

[/TD] [TD]
[TD] Gameplay in more detail [/TD]

The systems are complex and there are many nuances and subtleties that will easily go unnoticed at first.
However, you will only have to play the game for 5 minutes to grasp the concept and to understand the basics.
Defend [Q] - Protects you from incoming damage. You must be facing the damage source to block the damage.

[tr][td]
Lunge [W] [/td][td] - A long range strike.[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]
Slash [E] [/td][td] - A wide area strike.[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]
Drink [R] [/td][td] - Heals you gradually. However, you are vulnerable to attacks while drinking.[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]
Sprint [A] [/td][td] - Temporary speed bonus suited for fast long range travelling.[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]
Power Slam [/td][td] - Deals tremendous damage, even pushing half of it through defend. Slow to cast though.[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]
Kick [D][/td][td] - Completely ignores defend and sends the target stumbling backwards.[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]
Tumble [F][/td][td] - A quick evasive move. Can also be used to boost other abilities with extra movement.[/td][/tr]

[TD]
124756-albums5391-picture56141.png
Defend, Lunge, Slash, Drink
Sprint, Power Slam, Kick, Tumble
[/TD]

The trick to winning the battles lies in knowing how to conserve and use your stamina

Note: Depending on the game mode and settings, you may be able to level up your abilities!

[/TD][tr][TD][/TD][/tr][TD]

Gameplay Video Footage

Screenshots

[TD]
Thanks to xorkatoss for recording and uploading!
Map version
0.96m was played in the video
Be sure to watch in
full screen and in 1080p HD!

Recorded by xorkatoss (map version 0.93m)
Recorded by xorkatoss (map version 0.93m)
Recorded by xorkatoss (map version 0.93f)
Recorded by ironymon1 (map version 0.57c)

[/TD]
[TD]

124756-albums5386-picture55359.jpg

Tropical Island
The default game area for deathmatch and team deathmatch

124756-albums5386-picture56981.jpg

Boss Mode
An eager beta tester (xorkatoss) has managed to catch a kunai, 2 shurikens and an arrow with his body.
Gotta catch 'em all but try not to bleed to death!

124756-albums5386-picture55411.jpg

In-Game
Screenshot of actual gameplay with small number of players.

[/TD]

Credits

Notes

[TD]
Imported models, interface, icons, etc... - Kitabatake Notable Contributors:
  • Sheep100
Notable Beta Testers:
  • ironymon1
  • xorkatoss
  • Playcanon
  • masterrub10
  • The_Optimizer
Interested in testing? Contact Kitabatake on Garena or Hive.
The games are mostly played through Garena.

[/TD]
[TD]

The map is currently in beta, which means that bugs will be fixed and more features added in later versions.
The map is also kept protected during beta-stage development.

Found a bug?
Got an idea to suggest?
Interested in helping out with the map?
Interested in testing?

--> Let me know!

[/TD]

[TD] Want to play the map online? [/TD]

Join the Garena group

1. Start garena plus
    2. Press
      124756-albums5391-picture56662.png
      and select Join Group
    3. type in 31617 and press Next

• You must have Garena Plus installed to be able to join groups.
    • The old Garena client does not support groups.
  • If you have problems joining, contact Kitabatake via garena.
  • The map is often hosted in one of the EU RPG rooms.
    • The room is announced in the group when the map is hosted.

Note: When you join the group, say something in the chat!
[TD]
  • If you say nothing, you will show up inactive in member list
    • Inactive members are removed whenever group gets full.
  • You might want to say something at least once every month.
  • A single "hi" is enough, your activity status is then updated to current day.
[/TD]

NOTE: If you find yourself kicked from the group, it doesn't mean you've "done something wrong".
It just means that there has been no space for new members and a couple of the most inactive members have been removed to make space for them.
Feel free to rejoin the group at any time!

[TD] Version changes [/TD]

[/TD][tr][TD][/TD][/tr]
[/TD]

Keywords:
Blades 'n Gore, II, fast, paced, sword, fighting, team, deathmatch
Contents

Blades 'n Gore II v0.99h (Map)

Reviews
Date: 14:09:12 31-Jan-12 Map Moderator: -Kobas- Map Status: Approved 5/5 Contact map moderator: Visitor Message / Private Message! Comment: Awesome ideas. Good job :thumbs_up:
Level 9
Well it's a nice suggestion but it would probably be too much of a hassle in this map. Both gameplay-wise and technically.

Maybe just consumables then? And maybe some more consumables, for example smth for stamina restoration or a ressurecting item for boss fights(shitty idea, they are too easy anyway) or temporary stat boost?

Level 9
Yeah, Boss fight should be harder. Maybe he will get skills over time? Or with lost health, like on 25%, 50% and 75%?
Oh, wait, got an idea - give him skill like players drink skill, but channeling, fast healing (2-3% hp/sec), but interruptable. Let him heal sometimes, when players are far away, to make them attacking him all the time and teamplaying. But may be it will make playing impossible with 1 or 2 players, so its power should depend on players amount.
Hmmm... Maybe some traps also, to make hit&run harder?

Level 9
Yeah, Boss fight should be harder. Maybe he will get skills over time? Or with lost health, like on 25%, 50% and 75%?
Oh, wait, got an idea - give him skill like players drink skill, but channeling, fast healing (2-3% hp/sec), but interruptable. Let him heal sometimes, when players are far away, to make them attacking him all the time and teamplaying. But may be it will make playing impossible with 1 or 2 players, so its power should depend on players amount.

Heh. After some time, Boss Mode is pretty, well , easy. How about a handicap eh? Like - the 25,50,75% handicap of DrizztDoUrden, or No Drinks challenge, maybe a lever/switch that the boss can only hit to make us unable to use tumble (did the no tumble in the Boss Fight is quite hard, but still, I did it XD). OR MAYBE make teh boss have a evasion ability that makes us miss slashes by X%? Heh. Love it if the boss will have any of that. PEACE

-------DA FIST----------

This map is getting even greater. Simply amazing. I have a little suggestion;

In buy/spend abilities menu (which is "H"), make another "back to main" ability which is also accessed by pressing "H", to all sub menus in there, which returns to menu where you can use your abilities. "Esc" key is a bit far. This will make things a lot easier i think.
That is actually a brilliant suggestion!
I'll have it included in the next version.

Maybe just consumables then? And maybe some more consumables, for example smth for stamina restoration or a ressurecting item for boss fights(shitty idea, they are too easy anyway) or temporary stat boost?
Well the item being a consumable is actually the technical-hassle.
Consumables are consumed when the item is used.
However, you can cancel the throw in very many ways and refunding the consumable is too much of a hassle due to all the systems involved.

tl;dr: Far too much work for a feature that would most likely not even improve the game in any way.

But yes, I will most likely be adding other kind of consumable items at some point.
VERY EXCELLENT MAP! I LOVED THE SKILLS, ITEM ABILITIES, UPGRADE SYSTEM, and the BOSS MODE!!

SO I'LL RATE 5/5. Wish to have AI and more stages in Boss Mode! :D
That's nice to hear!
Yes, AI and Boss Mode improvements are on the ToDo-list.
However, I cannot yet estimate when I will be able to make them.

[td]
[/td][td]
Heh. After some time, Boss Mode is pretty, well , easy. How about a handicap eh? Like - the 25,50,75% handicap of DrizztDoUrden, or No Drinks challenge, maybe a lever/switch that the boss can only hit to make us unable to use tumble (did the no tumble in the Boss Fight is quite hard, but still, I did it XD). OR MAYBE make teh boss have a evasion ability that makes us miss slashes by X%? Heh. Love it if the boss will have any of that. PEACE

-------DA FIST----------
[/td]
Good suggestions.

Level 9
the 25,50,75% handicap of DrizztDoUrden

Hey, I wasn't meaning handicap :D
I was trying to say that boss should become harder when he looses HP (e.g. getting skills, it will be like phases), he should attract players attention (healing in my example) and he should make players teamplaying, not just 1 hit&run Rambo-style guy and 9 creep slayers.

Well, to be honest I find no genre making players to play with a team, cuz it give almost no cons, if you are playing a bit better you easily slay 2 guys. Some improvement of range weapons (I mean shuriken and kunai) will change this maybe, they are weak I think, and hard to control.

Level 4
you should add qwer asdf hotkeys when buying weapons/armor/throwables too
and sometimes after you remake you get no icons on the character creation
in duel arena you might be able to run forward before the duel starts:/

Level 4
The right-click attack and auto-attack hits to non-player(creeps,etc) units do not give Katana's +2mana/hit, War fang's +2hp per hit nor stop the -2/sec Bloodsword's HP drain on auto attack hits as well (v0.91e). The said effects do work fine if the "auto-attack" hits a human opponent though.

I've been busy lately so the map development has been on pause.
I'll probably resume work on the next version within a week.

you should add qwer asdf hotkeys when buying weapons/armor/throwables too
How many people actually want hotkeys for shop items?
It's easy to implement yes, but it's not like you need to buy stuff all the time.
The hotkeys might cause people to accidentally buy wrong stuff.

and sometimes after you remake you get no icons on the character creation
Does this happen on the most recent version?
I think I fixed this bug in the latest update.

Also, what were you doing right before remaking? Did you have a shop screen or character menu open?

Has anybody else noticed this bug in the newest version?

in duel arena you might be able to run forward before the duel starts:/
Yes it's a minor bug but the characters are reset to their positions before the duel round starts so it's not possible to abuse it in any way.

Thanks for the bug reports!

Can you make an ai version of this map?
Perhaps.
It's been suggested a few times now. I'll keep it in mind.

The right-click attack and auto-attack hits to non-player(creeps,etc) units do not give Katana's +2mana/hit, War fang's +2hp per hit nor stop the -2/sec Bloodsword's HP drain on auto attack hits as well (v0.91e). The said effects do work fine if the "auto-attack" hits a human opponent though.
Ah, I'll have to look into it.
Thanks for reporting the bug!
Anything is perfect, exept item sistem, but i hope it will be more complex in the next versions.
5/5

P.S. I had the same ideea but for a 3rd person camera :))
That's nice to hear!
Yeah, I'm planning on adding new item content every now and then.

Level 4
Have the no cooldown for everything been suggested before? I would suggest this option separate from the no mana cost mode.

Level 4
Does this happen on the most recent version?
I think I fixed this bug in the latest update.

Also, what were you doing right before remaking? Did you have a shop screen or character menu open?

Has anybody else noticed this bug in the newest version?

yeah.. it happened on the latest version not sure what i did before it happened sorry:(
Yes it's a minor bug but the characters are reset to their positions before the duel round starts so it's not possible to abuse it in any way.

Thanks for the bug reports!
you can run forward on the first round and it won't reset your position but it does that on all the other rounds so it is abusable
How many people actually want hotkeys for shop items?
It's easy to implement yes, but it's not like you need to buy stuff all the time.
The hotkeys might cause people to accidentally buy wrong stuff.
well.. i prefer to use hotkeys to buy stuff while i'm in a battle and have to buy something really fast

Update!

Version 0.92d
[TD]
  • Light brigandine buffed; (Mobility increased from 96 to 98)
  • Armor descriptions improved
  • War Fang description fixed
  • All spellbook menus now contain a hotkey to instantly exit all menus [J]
  • All spellbook menus now contain a hotkey back to Character Menu [H]
    • This means you can easily switch between merchants
    • You can use the "HA" "HS" "HD" and "HF" hotkeys directly in the merchant screen without needing to resort to using ESC.
  • -mute command added
    • Hides all incoming game chat
    • You can still see all chat messages in the message log
    • Useful for recording gameplay videos without constantly having half the screen filled with chat messages
  • Fixed a bug that caused character customization interface to be blank if previous round ended when player was viewing his character menu or shopping menu
[/TD]

This update mainly brings bug fixes and improvements to spellbook navigation.

Have the no cooldown for everything been suggested before? I would suggest this option separate from the no mana cost mode.
The combat abilities already are free from cooldown by default so I'm not sure how useful such mode would be.

yeah.. it happened on the latest version not sure what i did before it happened sorry:(
I did some testing and managed to fix the bug now.

you can run forward on the first round and it won't reset your position but it does that on all the other rounds so it is abusable
Hmmh I'll need to look into this.

[td]
well.. i prefer to use hotkeys to buy stuff while i'm in a battle and have to buy something really fast
[/td][td]
Yeah, hotkeys are needed.
[/td]
Hmmh I need to consider this.
But I still want to avoid people trying to use the combat hotkeys and ending up accidentally buying something they don't want.

Level 1
The game is fun to play :D I love doing deathmatch especially, boss mode is fun also I enjoy the fact that you adapt and get better and boss mode is a good way to improve your skill, same for duel arena :) It would be useful if there was a hotkey for when you obtained a throwing weapon, makes life easier

Level 20
Is there an AI version for this map? I'd really appreciate it if there is an AI version.
yes there is, Boss Mode!
Spamming kunai/shuriken throwables can be a fun mode
last time i checked kunai/shurikens had cooldowns.
It would be useful if there was a hotkey for when you obtained a throwing weapon, makes life easier
turn Numpad ON and use 1 to 6, those are the default Warcraft III shortcuts for items.

Level 2
Great Map

Suggestions: Game Mode

1.Hide and Seek: There are 3 Three hunters, and the rest of players have to hide, they can buy disguises (as they can be morphed into doodles of environment, they can buy cloak, with cost average prices, and become invisible, and also they can buy traps, which they can use to stall(slow down, not kill) the hunters.
The Hunters can counter disguises with their attack abilities. The can buy an item which allows them to see cloaked units and traps, and also they can use the Throw-able weapons to disable (destroy) the traps.

The Large Map: The Map at the top can use some improvement, why not try and change the environment to mixed types.

Like the Ice Hills, which lightly damages the units slowly and slow them down, as well as the stamina regeneration. Also add the desert which drains the health and lowers the stamina regeneration rate of the hero.

Please Remember these are only suggestions.

Feedback : This map is awesome :goblin_good_job: , also I'll try and win the Boss Mode on Sword Saint, ALONE!!!!!

Wish Me Luck! :thumbs_up:

Edit: Sword Saint's Progress (Try This)

At first, I bought a claymore, then used the slash ability to dispatch of the footman, and unlocked the tumble and Drink Abilities to Dodge the arrows, and hide behind the columns to protect myself from the arrows, while drinking to heal myself.

On the next level, I attack the 3 footmen with slash, and kept running away from the 2 footmen and commander. After a little while tumbling helped my dodge the arrows, so later, I have 406 gold, and bought a Kunai Knife, and used it twice on one of the footman after I purchased sprint and leveled up my drink ability. After the Commander caught up, he attempted to use the power slam on me, but I sprinted away and threw another kunai knife at the footman and slashed him, then sprinted away and healed myself with the drink, then attacked the commander and killed him, then attacked the archers.

The next level was a blood bath, I can hardly remember what happened.

I got killed by the boss, he and his commanding troop cornered me and torn my apart, literary, but I tried to escape with sprint, but he was moving slow as if he was wearing the Heaviest Armor. The Boss did the death blow with his power slaw, the shockwave caught me. Try and find your own ways to kill the commanders and the Boss

To those who think this is fake, there is something called "Quick Save", you'll find it in your F6 Button.

Also found an exploit, sometime if you clicked while in the middle of tumbling, the Hero walks, while walking with dust coming out from the middle of his chest. This way he/she moves at the speed of tumbling, but just has the same speed time duration. Also he/she uses the walk animation for tumbling, I found this Exploit when dodging the marksman's arrows, also, he can move in any directions with this, please fix this!

Last edited:
Level 4
yes there is, Boss Mode!

last time i checked kunai/shurikens had cooldowns.

This was from a series of reply posts Kitabatake and I about the no cooldown mode. Was suggesting this mode for throwables.

...Sword Saint's Progress...
...Try and find your own ways to kill the commanders and the Boss...

...I found this Exploit when dodging the marksman's arrows, also, he can move in any directions with this, please fix this

I'd like to share mine too but compared to previous posts here that they did that they told made use of no tumble skill and defeated the Boss I wish he posted his "Sword Saint Progress" or proofs.

It's been a while, i expected more :/ But you implemented my "back to menu" suggestion!
Yeah I've been a bit short on time lately.

[td]
I'm hoping for artifical intelligence someday, at least for duel mode. But i know its a bit too much to expect.
[/td][td]
Is there an AI version for this map? I'd really appreciate it if there is an AI version.
[/td]
I do have AI in consideration but as I may have previously mentioned, the map wasn't originally created with AI players in mind so it will require some major changes to several big systems to even make it possible.

I will give it a try if I find the time and motivation.

[td]
The game is fun to play :D I love doing deathmatch especially, boss mode is fun also I enjoy the fact that you adapt and get better and boss mode is a good way to improve your skill, same for duel arena :) It would be useful if there was a hotkey for when you obtained a throwing weapon, makes life easier
[/td][td]
turn Numpad ON and use 1 to 6, those are the default Warcraft III shortcuts for items.
[/td]
If I were to add a hotkey for a throwing weapon, it would require one slot from the interface. However, the interface is already filled with all the combat abilities.

Still, there is space in the Character Menu (accessed via [H]).
Would you people find it useful if there was a "quick throw" hotkey there?
This would mean in practice that you would have to press something like
[H] [B] [Left Click] (at the target)​
in order to quickly throw the first throwing weapon from your inventory.

The downside is of course the fact that you do not have instant access to your combat abilities while browsing the Character Menu.
(You would have to press [J] or [ESC] to regain access to your combat abilities)

Suggestions: Game Mode

1.Hide and Seek: There are 3 Three hunters, and the rest of players have to hide, they can buy disguises (as they can be morphed into doodles of environment, they can buy cloak, with cost average prices, and become invisible, and also they can buy traps, which they can use to stall(slow down, not kill) the hunters.
The Hunters can counter disguises with their attack abilities. The can buy an item which allows them to see cloaked units and traps, and also they can use the Throw-able weapons to disable (destroy) the traps.

The Large Map: The Map at the top can use some improvement, why not try and change the environment to mixed types.

Like the Ice Hills, which lightly damages the units slowly and slow them down, as well as the stamina regeneration. Also add the desert which drains the health and lowers the stamina regeneration rate of the hero.

Please Remember these are only suggestions.

Feedback : This map is awesome :goblin_good_job: , also I'll try and win the Boss Mode on Sword Saint, ALONE!!!!!

Wish Me Luck! :thumbs_up:

At first, I bought a claymore, then used the slash ability to dispatch of the footman, and unlocked the tumble and Drink Abilities to Dodge the arrows, and hide behind the columns to protect myself from the arrows, while drinking to heal myself.

On the next level, I attack the 3 footmen with slash, and kept running away from the 2 footmen and commander. After a little while tumbling helped my dodge the arrows, so later, I have 406 gold, and bought a Kunai Knife, and used it twice on one of the footman after I purchased sprint and leveled up my drink ability. After the Commander caught up, he attempted to use the power slam on me, but I sprinted away and threw another kunai knife at the footman and slashed him, then sprinted away and healed myself with the drink, then attacked the commander and killed him, then attacked the archers.

I got killed by the boss, he and his commanding troop cornered me and torn my apart, literary, but I tried to escape with sprint, but he was moving slow as if he was wearing the Heaviest Armor. The Boss did the death blow with his power slaw, the shockwave caught me. Try and find your own ways to kill the commanders and the Boss

To those who think this is fake, there is something called "Quick Save", you'll find it in your F6 Button.
Thanks for the suggestions and good luck with defeating the boss :p

Also found an exploit, sometime if you clicked while in the middle of tumbling, the Hero walks, while walking with dust coming out from the middle of his chest. This way he/she moves at the speed of tumbling, but just has the same speed time duration. Also he/she uses the walk animation for tumbling, I found this Exploit when dodging the marksman's arrows, also, he can move in any directions with this, please fix this!
Actually this is a feature that was implemented in version 0.82c to allow players to combo up tumble with the other combat abilities
Version Changes v0.82c said:
  • Tumble no longer pauses your character
    • This means that you can now smoothly combine the move with other abilities!
    • Leaping power strike? Boosted Lunge? A flying kick? An aggressive slash? Sure thing!

So yes, tumble gives you a nearly instant push towards the target direction, which you can interrupt with any other move while retaining the momentum.

Level 20

I'd like to share mine too but compared to previous posts here that they did that they told made use of no tumble skill and defeated the Boss I wish he posted his "Sword Saint Progress" or proofs.
perhaps an easier way for us would be if you could record and upload the gameplay video to youtube? like this:
it helps with making the map more popular:)

[H] [B] [Left Click] (at the target)​

The downside is of course the fact that you do not have instant access to your combat abilities while browsing the Character Menu.
(You would have to press [J] or [ESC] to regain access to your combat abilities)
hmm that would be good since there are shitty laptops without numpad(like mine) and i have to click on the item i want to use everytime:(

perhaps an even better idea is to make items have their own slots like sword and armor, that way HB for throwable 1 and HN for throwable 2.

question:
isn't it possible to auto get us back to combat abilities menu after we use HB or HN?
maybe by selecting a instantly selecting a dummy unit and then selecting the player's unit again?
IMO that won't be really noticeable and could help to avoid a throw-cancel due to ordering a move-to-point action too fast.

Last edited:
Level 1
If I were to add a hotkey for a throwing weapon, it would require one slot from the interface. However, the interface is already filled with all the combat abilities.

[H] [Left Click] (at the target)

This could work in some ways, I mean though it wouldnt be used often, but rather it would be a "life saver tool" if in the heat of a duel and you turn around with a throwing weapon with a few quick hotkey presses, able to turn them into a bleeding state and strike back or for a quick escape. It would make up the stop to use the throwing weapon (to aim) which can be fatal D: Plus in such cases as boss mode, you probably wouldnt have much time for a throwing weapon with the same situation in hand, making your risk of being completely destroyed more likely ^-^ and as xortatoss said about shitty laptops without numpad, they would have to resort to clicking the throwing weapon and clicking again which can be a major distraction if your being attacked :l plus if u click somewhere and stop there before your able to throw... :D

I think numpad would work though. but sometimes when you use it, it can be frustrating as i find the item in the third slot would be expected to be 3 but decides it wants to be a 9 and im like O-o. Plus the fact of "Knowing your hotkeys" may have the con of maybe being more complex, it would also be benefical for players in a general perspective and when it comes to playing other maps (like hotkey training :p).

Level 2
Upload + Suggestions.

I can't upload videos, that would take about 50 minutes, and before you ask "Why So Long?" Let me say something to my internet modem: "Damn you 21st Century Early Model Modem which is 5 Kilobytes fast, I'll throw you in a corner and laugh at you as you burn and crack when I receive a 1 Megabit(128KB) Modem, and If I could, I would throw you in the Blades and Gore 2 and Use Slash,Kick and Power Slam on you when I'm bored."

There.......I'm fine, would Screenshots be good?

Suggestions:
For the Hide and Seek, please create Boots that are accessible only to the hiders, they make you run faster to escape, but they can't escape Thrown weapons. Make Traps slightly Damage the Heroes, and have after effect e.g Sprain: This unit's shin injured is broken, it has reduced speed, Bleeding: This unit is losing Blood quickly( Can edit the Undead Disease Cloud for this) Make All Heroes Invulnerable for the first minute, but the hiders run faster that the hunters, so they can set traps, buy stuff and hide.

Other Suggestions:
1. Across the sea, you can use boats, they appear in your inventory, and only can be use on shallow waters, and the attachment point should be at the feet. You cannot enter land that has no water with them. They are not units, never units, and they are always items. I think you have the change the Movement - Type to Float. They should be spawned in shallow waters, and activated when pickup up, not like tome, they stay in your inventory, and are deactivated when you drop them using the right mouse button.

2. Ranged Weapons, A Glaive : 1/2 as fast as the Shuriken, but deals 5x the damage, and has 2.5xCooldown Time.

3. Animals on the land and sea, they can be killed for their hide, horn, Teeth and many more things. Their dropped items can stack to 2-10 per free slot, and sold for small prices per item. They respawn while after while. The higher their item's cost (can be sold for), the higher their rarity( hard to find). The Recommended Animals (Deer/Fawns, Fish, Shark, Wolf and Elephant).

4. Defend the Temple: You are Elite Warriors, who are to defend a temple from 10 waves of Pure Difficult Warriors, If you die, you will be revived in 10 seconds, and also buy Traps (Bomb, Bear Trap etc.) from the temple. There are 3 types of units on the Enemies Side, Siege, Defense and Assault. The Siege will attack the temple slowly from the spawn, that's low rate of fire, Long Range but slow projectile speed. The Defense are normal units, but they guard the Siege Units, while the Assault Attack attacks you and the temple. From the Temple, you can buy 3 Aura: The Demonic Strength (Health + HP Regen) , The Angel Guardians (Armor) and The Human Souls (Stamina + Stamina Regen rate). Only one type can be bought per player. There can also be a PvP mode with 2 teams fighting and defending their own Temple instead of players vs mobs.

Found something, when I was fight in boss mode on sword saint, when I quick save, and load that the quick save, all the abilities that I unlocked got reset, but were useable, E.g Drink Skill was 2, Saved the game and later died, loaded the Saved game, In Skill Menu, Drink was at Skill Level 0 (Locked) but in the action menu (Spell Menu) Drink was still level 2, and unlocking it again reset's it to Level 1, and uses a skill point. Please fix this.

Last edited:
Level 20
hey kita, i know that lately you don't really have much time for BnG but here are a few suggestions:
1) New Item:Spikes, places 3 spikes at the ground and when an enemy unit steps on them it limps and takes DOT(damage over time) for 3 seconds, 5dmg/s perhaps?

2) Remove the faces, just saying my opinion here, faces are not really noticeable in-game and most of them are ugly:D so i guess having more hairstyles would be better:)

3) In Insta-Kill mode throwables do not 1 hit KO the enemy, it would be good to make separate items that 1 hit KO too(but only accessible in insta kill mode)

4) I've noticed that Warm-Up mode doesn't really help newbies learn the game, although playing Boss Mode helped them a lot more since the AI doesn't charge into them and kill them really fast, IMO in boss mode they have a lot more time to read the tool-tips of the abilities and try each ability out to see what it does so i guess Warm-Up mode could be changed into 5-6 waves of AI minions but without a boss?

5) Boss Mode is currently so good but maybe there could be choose-able lvls? and each level is unlocked when you beat the previous one, that way Boss Mode will be a lot more fun and you could add new bosses with new unique abilities, maybe add some sort of mages that use Freezing Bolt(a missile spell that freezes you for 2 seconds if it hits you) and more cooler minions!!

hope you have a nice day and good luck with the map!! :thumbs_up:

Level 4
I suggest a default mode or normal mode for each type of game? e.g. the host just have to press Enter and everyone is informed of that default mode.

BOSS mode default would be the hardest.
BattleZone default would be level 0 learning enabled, default is Timed limit & would automatically be depending on the # of players
DUEL default would be level 1
WarmUp mode (I would suggest the adding tip on how to buy throwables,sword,armor,skills manually specially when next modes BOSS mode or similar modes)

instant death mode: how about an additional event where in death fang spawns and be PINGed on certain locations of the level room. A player can't have more than one deathfang. I suggest Death fang may be affected by wear and tear :) to balance abuse.

semi-unli stamina: mana would be similar to katana's "stamina will not drop by a certain %"... coz in my opinion, the mode gets really boring when most players just use Lunge behind you and everyone looked like they're dashing in circles.

Level 6
I've Liked the map just for save/load system, like in AWL[Archer Wars: Legacy]
I'll rate it 5/5 without any testing/playing.
Keep it up.Good job.

xXxMKDxXx

Level 2
I've got an Idea: PARRY!

Parry: You can parry an attack when you block as soon as the enemy strikes a blow, but you have to block for half the time the slash attack take to complete seconds before the strike hits you, if you've gone over the time and the strike has not touched you,the parry effect will wear off. If the parry is successful, the target is stunted for 1.5 seconds, which could mean die in only 1 second! Parry is the most feared attack in combat!

Level 2
I have spoke to Kitabatake on Garena Plus, he said he is having a good Summer(which is nice to know), and has postponed the Map Development for a while, he said will continue to develop it for a few weeks.

Ah yes, there hasn't been an update in a while now.
The plan was to continue map development right after the holidays (a couple of weeks ago).
However, I got a bit carried away when picking courses for this study period so there hasn't been any time to spare.

So yeah, map development is on hold for now.
Also, +rep added for all the suggestions!

Level 2
It's ok Kita, you can have all the fun you want. We've got lots of time to wait, including me, I have to purchase another Warcraft 3 Frozen Throne Disc again since my computer was restored! :) Have a good time.

Cool , but i can't play this alone maybe AI would be much better!

Btw , +Rep For The Effort!
The boss mode can be played in singleplayer

Garena Group ID: 31617
although Kitabatake isn't really active nowadays so you might have to wait some time before being accepted into the group..
True. I just approved 3 group join applications today, dunno how long they've been waiting.

For upcoming members:
You might want to send me a quick profile message or private message here at hive when you're applying to the garena group.
This is because currently I don't have time to check garena all the time and you might otherwise have to wait much longer for me to see and accept you to the group.