• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Blades 'n Gore III

Status
Not open for further replies.
BnG3.png

As some of you know, a couple of years ago Blades 'n Gore I development was discontinued due to the map reaching its limitations.
Now, BnG II has finally reached the same point. Player feedback has made me realize that there are so many map design related things wrong in BnG II that cannot be fixed without completely re-creating the entire map.
Thus, re-creating the entire map is exactly what I'm going to do now again, in the form of Blades 'n Gore III.

Here's some of the more prominent map design improvements that will be included in BnG III:
  • CHARACTER CUSTOMIZATION
    The character customization will be heavily expanded to allow you to create and play as your favourite anime-, movie-, pony-, or videogame-character.
    I mean, I have received so many requests from people that wish to see Darth Vader VS Naruto VS Pinkie Pie VS Sephiroth in an epic, gore-spilling deathmatch with the finest medieval swords. How could I say no?

• TERRAINS
    BnG III will also support varying gravity levels, allowing you to practically fly around some terrain arenas, performing those awesome aerial combat maneuvers that you have been yearning after.
    Furthermore; all walls, pillars, and other doodads will be covered in instakilling spikes and lava, finally making that kick ability at least marginally useful.

• ADVANCED AI
    Yes, BnG II AI was a shameful display. This is why BnG III AI will perform so well that you cannot distinguish them from real players. Upon inevitable defeat they will insult your mother and/or sexual orientation and/or "n00byness" and ragequit in an authentic, global gaming etiquette abiding way.
    There will also be a 70% chance for a bot player to quit after 2 minutes of gameplay after uttering a variant of the common "BAWWWW! I don't understand this map."-message.

• COMBAT SYSTEM
    The ability system of BnG II has been repeatedly criticized for being too competitive and newbie-unfriendly.
    Thus, Blades 'n Gore III will be turn-based, with players having the option to choose one of three pre-determined cinematic ability-combos that are all balanced with each other with the time-proven rock-paper-scissor method.

• PLAYER RANKS & WEAPONS
    During BnG II development I have received many awesome weapon suggestions and it would be completely unfair to ignore them.
    However, as BnG is and has always been a sword fighting game, the more potent weapons will only be accessible to players that have gained enough experience to unlock them.
    Other rank privileges include health upgrades and more voting power when it comes to vote-kicking players.

• MICRO-TRANSACTIONS
    Got frustrated from that pro player one-shotting you with his rocket launcher while you're stuck wielding that bastard sword?
    Not interested in tedious rank grinding?
    Worry not! Blades 'n Gore III will support micro-transactions to instantly unlock new weapons!
    You want that plasma rifle on rank 1? It can be yours from the very beginning for only 4.99€ via paypal!
    Note: Beta- and alpha-testers will be eligible for 20% discounts to all transactions.

• BETA & ALPHA TESTERS
    Beta and alpha testers will naturally have early access to the map and possibly free weapon unlocks depending on their usefulness to map debugging and development and my current mood & personal opinion about the tester in question.
    The development of BnG II has also already proven that there's far too many willing testers. Therefore, becoming a tester will now require a paid subscription with monthly fees as low as 3€ for beta testing privileges and 5€ for alpha testing privileges. Group discount of 15% will apply if you have 20 or more people joining.

I hope you are ready for this because the first playable beta-version is planned to be available already early next year!

Level 23
CHARACTER CUSTOMIZATION
The character customization will be heavily expanded to allow you to create and play as your favourite anime-, movie-, pony-, or videogame-character.
I mean, I have received so many requests from people that wish to see Darth Vader VS Naruto VS Pinkie Pie VS Sephiroth in an epic, gore-spilling deathmatch with the finest medieval swords. How could I say no?

TERRAINS
BnG III will also support varying gravity levels, allowing you to practically fly around some terrain arenas, performing those awesome aerial combat maneuvers that you have been yearning after.
Furthermore; all walls, pillars, and other doodads will be covered in instakilling spikes and lava, finally making that kick ability at least marginally useful.

Other features are awesome but these are the best of them!! Can't wait for it.. :D

[td]
Other features are awesome but these are the best of them!! Can't wait for it.. :D
[/td][td]
How would you propose to work the micro-transition feature?

And seriously, 5€ for a feature in a game within a game? Why are you even charging?
[/td]
Check the post date, people!
The only things that are not 100% jokes are that AI systems and character customization will be improved to some degree in future versions. Also, some terrain hazards will most likely be introduced later on.

Level 30
To make the game better, how about also make vulnerable destrucibles and doodads and can be destroyed like pillars, walls and more.... In other word, destroyable doodads and destructibles but overall, I love the features that the next BnG brings us!

Status
Not open for further replies.