Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Suggestions & Ideas

Discussion in 'Blades 'n Gore II' started by Kitabatake, Feb 12, 2013.

1. Kitabatake

Kitabatake

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    [​IMG]

Got a great idea that would improve the map?
    Feel free to share it!

This thread is for discussion related to suggestions and potential future features.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2013
  2. xorkatoss

xorkatoss

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    BnG II could use some new hairstyles for Females:
    WARNING! Big Image
    [​IMG]
    Althought that's just optional cause it's unnecessary filesize!

Another Idea i was thinking, while in Duel Arena mode when you are observing and you are switching between observing P1 and P2, how about a third observing option that allows you to view Eagle's View?
    WARNING! Big Pictures: Eagle's View Example
    [​IMG][​IMG]

EDIT:
    One minor thing you could do is to clear all text messages for the player that uses "-mute" it will help me a lot when i want to record since i can start recording instaly since I won't have to wait for text messages to go away.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2013
  3. DESTROYER123

DESTROYER123

Resources:
    Resources:
    A good Ai would be great for this.
    Also an arena where all heroes are in one team and hundrend of easy creeps are coming and KILL KILL KILL!!!!!! SOOOOOO MUCH BLOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!!
    That one would be great.

4. xorkatoss

xorkatoss

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    how lazy people suggest:
    le pic
    [​IMG]

5. Kitabatake

Kitabatake

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Yeah, gotta think about doing some when I shift my focus towards character customization again.

Hmm yeah, those could be useful.

Yes, coming soon!

Hmm, some kind of survival mode?
    Gotta think about that.

Hotkeys: Maybe later, I might switch some things around so it would be pointless to add them right now.

Sprint text & sound: Gotta see if that can be improved.

6. UndeadImmortal

UndeadImmortal

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I already told this to chat (but xorkatoss steal it), what about the name tags around every player?

7. Kitabatake

Kitabatake

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    That will be included in the next update. It's already being tested.

8. xorkatoss

xorkatoss

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    I was thinking, how about a New Area? like on-board a ship!
    Shop Pictures
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Terrain from Pirates of the Sea

9. Aeroblyctos

Aeroblyctos

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Ebin bebin, Kita should do this one.

10. Fudgeboii

Fudgeboii

Resources:
    Resources:
    2 suggestions.. Swords open to u as u level up, like level 5 u get a special sword u can buy
    2nd changing the colour of ur blood coat as u level up :D

11. TheWhiteWolf

TheWhiteWolf

Resources:
    Models:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    You already have faces and hairstyles changing as you level up...

Anyway, my suggestion:
    Make some interact-able terrain (traps, doors, floods, avalanches, etc.)

12. xorkatoss

xorkatoss

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    have some rep for the awesome idea! (+2) :)

I actually suggested to kita something similar to that, Destroy-able Terrain best seen at Heroes of Genesia

I don't know if it's just me but i just phucking love the feeling of being able to destroy the terrain!

13. Kitabatake

Kitabatake

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:

Interesting suggestion, I'll keep it in mind during terraining.
    It'll probably require a couple of new custom models but it might be worth it.

My current priority is fixing the new combat system but I might look into terraining after that.

Thanks for the suggestions!
    Hmm I'm not sure about the swords thing as I don't want to turn BnG II into a "grind2win" game.
    It might be a good thing to have the "high-risk-high-reward" -swords that are the most difficult to use locked from newbies.
    However, if newbies get killed with one of these swords they would certainly feel that they lost because the other guy unlocked a better sword.

About the blood coats; changeable equipment color is reserved for teamcolor.
    It would be too expensive (in regards to filesize) to make the actual coat have different colors for ranks.

Yes, very good!
    I have been thinking of adding some dynamic elements to the game areas which would be reset whenever a new round is started. However, I haven't gotten around to actually start implementing any yet.
    I was thinking of adding destructible tables/chairs to the tavern terrain, and perhaps make it so that light objects (such as small chairs/boxes/etc) could be kicked to make them into projectiles that would shatter on contact, dealing a small amount of damage and stumbling the target.

I'd like to hear more suggestions about destructible/interactive objects or elements for the game areas if you've got any feasible ideas.
    Also, +rep given to all suggestions!

14. xorkatoss

xorkatoss

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    New Mode Idea: Search & Destroy (not the common one)

Areas: Island, Battle Zone

Explanation: Everybody spawns in random points of the map and has to search the area for items, IF possible everybody starts without a Fang, so they have slash, power slam, defend & lunge disabled, until they find a sword to equip, they can only sprint, kick and tumble.

Pictures
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

15. Kitabatake

Kitabatake

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Thanks for the suggestion!
    Not possible, the combat systems always assume the player has some weapon equipped.
    It would take a massive amount of work to change this.

16. TheWhiteWolf

TheWhiteWolf

Resources:
    Models:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Minor suggestion: Change item models to something other than the gold chest. I mean, imagine this: 'Look, a chest full of gold! Ooooh, it morphed into a Viking Sword!' Although this might be cool in real life, here it isn't. lol :D

Some real interactable terrain suggestions:
    Falling trees and columns are always nice. Same goes for destructible crates and barrels.
    Forest Pond - a flood would be great here. It would make you climb to the upper part of the map, thus making you fight instantly. The flood, and falling trees.
    Island - pirate attacks. Maybe sounds stupid, probably because it is. You make a ship and make some cannonball projectiles from it. Falling trees here, also.
    Tavern - aside from destructible tables, chairs and columns, here's one more idea: destructible bottles. Randomly spawns different potions, and destroying them either buffs or debuffs nearby swordsmen.
    ...I can't think of anything else that would suit your terrains right now, bit I will tell you as soon as I figure it out.

Game mode suggestion:
    War - playable on Battle Zone ONLY. Team fight. Apart from swordsmen, every team gets an army. 4 types of units: Foot Soldier, Marksmen, Horsemen and Pikeman. Can kick out anyone if you want (I mean unit types, when making them). Last team standing wins.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2013
  17. Kitabatake

Kitabatake

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:

Got any suggestions for that?
    It would be quite a bit of work to change all equipment models to work as items or to create separate item models for every equipment item.

Falling trees/columns - Yeah that might be good. Could even try to make them deal damage if they fall on players
    Flood - This might be a bit tricky to pull off smoothly and might not make a whole lot of sense in the forest pond terrain.
    Pirate cannonballs - It might work if there's some indicators where the projectiles will hit.
    Potions & buffs - Hmmm. I like the idea of applying buffs/debuffs via destructible terrain elements.

Yeah, something like this should now be possible with the new combat systems. I'll keep it in mind.

18. TheWhiteWolf

TheWhiteWolf

Resources:
    Models:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Not sure about the items. I thought just using the normal ones for armors, and making separate models for weapons, so they look like they are driven trough the ground.

Another mode idea:
    Jade Emperor - not sure, maybe this is a Modifier. Playable in Jade Throne room only.
    The only way to win is to sit on the throne long enough. While you sit on the throne, you can't move or do anything else. So then what saves you from being ripped to shreds by other players? These two guys:
    Jade Soldier and Jade Lion. While you are on the throne, soldiers and lions spawn to protect you they are invulnerable, but if you get knocked off the throne, they disappear instantly.

19. Hell_Master

Hell_Master

Resources:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Hey, Kitabatake. How about more places or Arena to fight in because when playing this game, I noticed that it only have the original one. Also, It might also be better that in the middle of Waves, you might want to add diferent events that gives... maybe lots of money or also equips that can't be bough on stores like Rare equips

If you know the game X Hero Siege, you'll know what I mean. Like in some specific waves, players will be transported to a different places for the event. And also the spawn will be stopped for the moment because an event is on going. Its also better that you make some Weapons and Armors that is only acquirable through Special Events.

After the event, players will again be transported back to the Arena with their reward money or Rare Equips. This might be a good idea, bro!

Examples of Events:

Survival - Players will try to survive fighting enemies in endless waves. The last player standing wins the event! Killing other players is allowed here!

Boss Fight - Players will fight a strong Boss and yes stronger than the Bosses at the Arena. Player who landed killing hit or the last player that survives wins. Even the boss is not yet dead!

20. Kitabatake

Kitabatake

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:

Yeah, I might do that at some point.
    There's a ton of swords in the map so it'd take a long time to make an item version for all of them (or to add an item animation for all existing sword models).
    I'll keep this in mind.

A sort of "king of the hill" type of mode?
    Hmm... I'll need to think about that.

Ah yes, the Boss mode currently has only one area.
    I'll have to think of adding new areas in the future updates.

I like the idea of having some kind of unique/rare swords that can only be acquired outside shops.
    I have been running out of space for shops lately and it might be a bit too clumsy to have more than one shop just for swords.

Hmm. Adding some events might bring some variety to the game.
    I'll need to consider this.

+rep given for suggestions!