• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Blades 'n Gore II v0.99h

This bundle is marked as high quality. It exceeds standards and is highly desirable.
[TD]
124756-albums5391-picture65030.png
[/TD][TD]
[TD]
[TD][/TD][TD][/TD][TD][/TD][TD]

Kitabatake Presents:
BnG_BnG.png

A fast-paced sword fighting game for 1-12 players
[/TD][TD][/TD][TD][/TD][TD][/TD]
[/TD] [TD]

Map Summary

Features

[TD]

A sequel to the original, Blades 'n Gore II leaves it's predecessor in the dust by improving all the strengths,
removing all the weak parts and by introducing new features that add new dimensions to the gameplay.

BnG II is a fast paced sword fighting game that is fast to learn and hard to master.
It supports a variety of game modes & team configurations and more features are added with future updates.

The map supports
1-12 players.
Currently available game modes:
  • Boss Mode
    • Recommended for: 1-4 players
    • Players are all in the same team
    • You must cooperatively survive through all stages by defeating the AI enemies.
    • The final level is a boss battle
    [*]
    Battle Zone
    • Recommended for: 6-12 players
    • Players are evenly divided into 2 teams
    • The team to reach the score limit set by the host wins
    • The game area has 5 control points
      • The team that controls the majority of these points gains points periodically
      • Killing enemy players also give points
    • This game mode fully supports leveling up and buying new equipment
    [*]
    Deathmatch / Team Deathmatch
    • Recommended for: 2-12 players
    • Supports a variety of team configurations
    • The team (player in FFA) to reach kill limit set by the host wins
    • Supports InstaKill setting
      • All players spawn with a sword that kills with one hit.
      • Make good use of defend and evasive movements!
    [*]
    Duel Arena
    • Recommended for: 2-5 players
    • The player to reach kill limit set by the host wins
    • 2 players are chosen to duel against each other
    • The winner gets the kill and the loser is replaced with a random other player
    • The randomization only picks people that have played the least amount of duels so far
    • Supports InstaKill setting

[/TD]
[TD]
Smooth and versatile Combat systems
  • The smoothest melee combat system seen on Warcraft III
  • Fast to learn & hard to master
  • More details further down!
Team systems
  • The host is presented with all possible balanced and almost balanced team configurations
  • In the case of unbalanced team configuration, host will always be the one with less teammates
  • Players are always divided to the teams in order starting from the top of game lobby
  • The system works for any amount of players
Example: 5 players in game will give the following options
  • FFA (1 vs 1 vs 1 vs 1 vs 1)
  • 2 Teams (2 vs 3) [Unbalanced]
  • 3 Teams (1 vs 2 vs 2) [Unbalanced]
  • 4 Teams (1 vs 1 vs 1 vs 2) [Unbalanced]

Example: 6 players in game will give the following options
  • FFA (1 vs 1 vs 1 vs 1 vs 1 vs 1)
  • 2 Teams (3 vs 3) [Balanced]
  • 3 Teams (2 vs 2 vs 2) [Balanced]
  • 4 Teams (1 vs 1 vs 2 vs 2) [Unbalanced]
  • 5 Teams (1 vs 1 vs 1 vs 1 vs 2) [Unbalanced]
Immersive environment
  • Carefully picked sounds and soundscape
    • Most other maps have completely ignored the importance of sound effects
    • Blades 'n Gore II features:
      • Environmental sounds at appropriate places
      • Combat sound effects
      • Miscellaneous system sound effects on various occasions
  • Detailed and varying terrain
    • The terrain is improved by many doodad models exclusively made for this map
    • Custom trees, flower patches, structures and various other environmental doodads
  • Loads of custom models
Save/Load Systems
  • You can save your rank & score and continue from where you left on the next game
  • Note that your code is case-sensitive AND bound to your username
  • Also note that playing single player will not earn you score
Advanced damage modeling
  • Being kicked or interrupted during a strike can throw you off balance and cause you to stumble
  • Getting critically low on health will make you limp and bleed, reducing your movement speed
  • Beautiful gore effects upon death
    • Bloody limbs and body parts fly in arcs through the air leaving momentary blood trails behind
  • Arrows and throwing weapons stick to their targets
    • A feature you may have seen in games like Oblivion or Mount&Blade
  • You can disembowel enemies by slashing them while they are stumbling!
  • You can impale enemies by lunging through them while they are stumbling!
AI enemies
  • They are capable of kicking you, throwing stuff at you, using power slam, shooting at you...
  • Some of them will also limp when their health is low enough
  • Only present in the Boss Mode for now
Bots
  • Blades 'n Gore II supports AI controlled bot players.
  • During setting selection the host can select a bot threshold, which is basically a player count number.
    • If the actual player count is less than the selected number, bots will fill the missing slots.
  • Also, if a player leaves the game and bot threshold has been set, a bot will take over the leaving player to keep the player count in the defined amount.
  • The bots are currently available for deathmatch, team deathmatch, and boss mode.
Character Customization
  • Players can customize their character's gender, face and hairstyle
  • You can earn customization unlocks by reaching the required ranks!

[/TD]

[/TD] [TD]

[TD] Forum [/TD]

[ Blades 'n Gore II Forum ]

[/TD] [TD]
[TD] Gameplay in more detail [/TD]

The systems are complex and there are many nuances and subtleties that will easily go unnoticed at first.
However, you will only have to play the game for 5 minutes to grasp the concept and to understand the basics.
Defend [Q] - Protects you from incoming damage. You must be facing the damage source to block the damage.

[tr][td]
Lunge [W] [/td][td] - A long range strike.[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]
Slash [E] [/td][td] - A wide area strike.[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]
Drink [R] [/td][td] - Heals you gradually. However, you are vulnerable to attacks while drinking.[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]
Sprint [A] [/td][td] - Temporary speed bonus suited for fast long range travelling.[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]
Power Slam [/td][td] - Deals tremendous damage, even pushing half of it through defend. Slow to cast though.[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]
Kick [D][/td][td] - Completely ignores defend and sends the target stumbling backwards.[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]
Tumble [F][/td][td] - A quick evasive move. Can also be used to boost other abilities with extra movement.[/td][/tr]

[TD]
124756-albums5391-picture56141.png
Defend, Lunge, Slash, Drink
Sprint, Power Slam, Kick, Tumble
[/TD]

The trick to winning the battles lies in knowing how to conserve and use your stamina

Note: Depending on the game mode and settings, you may be able to level up your abilities!

[/TD][tr][TD][/TD][/tr][TD]

Gameplay Video Footage

Screenshots

[TD]
Thanks to xorkatoss for recording and uploading!
Map version
0.96m was played in the video
Be sure to watch in
full screen and in 1080p HD!

Recorded by xorkatoss (map version 0.93m)
Recorded by xorkatoss (map version 0.93m)
Recorded by xorkatoss (map version 0.93f)
Recorded by ironymon1 (map version 0.57c)

[/TD]
[TD]

124756-albums5386-picture55359.jpg

Tropical Island
The default game area for deathmatch and team deathmatch

124756-albums5386-picture56981.jpg

Boss Mode
An eager beta tester (xorkatoss) has managed to catch a kunai, 2 shurikens and an arrow with his body.
Gotta catch 'em all but try not to bleed to death!

124756-albums5386-picture55411.jpg

In-Game
Screenshot of actual gameplay with small number of players.

[/TD]

Credits

Notes

[TD]
Imported models, interface, icons, etc... - Kitabatake Notable Contributors:
  • Sheep100
Notable Beta Testers:
  • ironymon1
  • xorkatoss
  • Playcanon
  • masterrub10
  • The_Optimizer
Interested in testing? Contact Kitabatake on Garena or Hive.
The games are mostly played through Garena.

[/TD]
[TD]

The map is currently in beta, which means that bugs will be fixed and more features added in later versions.
The map is also kept protected during beta-stage development.

Found a bug?
Got an idea to suggest?
Interested in helping out with the map?
Interested in testing?

--> Let me know!

[/TD]

[TD] Want to play the map online? [/TD]

Join the Garena group

1. Start garena plus
    2. Press
      124756-albums5391-picture56662.png
      and select Join Group
    3. type in 31617 and press Next

• You must have Garena Plus installed to be able to join groups.
    • The old Garena client does not support groups.
  • If you have problems joining, contact Kitabatake via garena.
  • The map is often hosted in one of the EU RPG rooms.
    • The room is announced in the group when the map is hosted.

Note: When you join the group, say something in the chat!
[TD]
  • If you say nothing, you will show up inactive in member list
    • Inactive members are removed whenever group gets full.
  • You might want to say something at least once every month.
  • A single "hi" is enough, your activity status is then updated to current day.
[/TD]

NOTE: If you find yourself kicked from the group, it doesn't mean you've "done something wrong".
It just means that there has been no space for new members and a couple of the most inactive members have been removed to make space for them.
Feel free to rejoin the group at any time!

[TD] Version changes [/TD]

[/TD][tr][TD][/TD][/tr]
[/TD]

Keywords:
Blades 'n Gore, II, fast, paced, sword, fighting, team, deathmatch
Contents

Blades 'n Gore II v0.99h (Map)

Reviews
Date: 14:09:12 31-Jan-12 Map Moderator: -Kobas- Map Status: Approved 5/5 Contact map moderator: Visitor Message / Private Message! Comment: Awesome ideas. Good job :thumbs_up:
Update!

Version 0.81f
[TD]
  • Save/Load System implemented
    • Allows you to save your rank and score and continue from where you left on the next game
    • Note that your code is case-sensitive AND bound to your username
    • The "-name" command has now been disabled for security reasons
  • Added 2 new kick animations
    • Combat looks smoother now!
  • Fixed shuriken ribbon emitter
  • Fixed throwing weapon expiration timers
  • Player 1 is now named Host in game lobby
[/TD]
The much requested save/load systems have finally been implemented!
Your progress is saved after each round and you can use the code in the next game to continue gaining more points and higher ranks!
Note that during a single game you don't need to load anything between rounds. Just memorize or write down the LAST code you get from the last round before you stop playing/leave the game/the game ends.

type "-load YourCode" into the game chat to load your code.
type "-save" if you somehow missed the code. This command will display the code from the last finished round.
Also note that playing single player will not earn you score.

Level 3
After a while; I decided to revisit this one; and I'm like: Mannnnnnn so many updates!

Anyway, I hosted some games, most of them are FFA Deathmatch and these are something I noticed:

- Power Slam animation sometimes collides with limping/stumbling; which makes Power Slam attack and attached SFX occurs (deals damage and the invisibility SFX appears) but the model just stand there limping.

- After one death the spilling blood SFX doesn't stop, ever.

- The impaling SFX (from being hit by the "Kunai" IIRC) sometimes persists after respawn.

Something I would suggest:

- I noticed a King-of-the-Hill game mode variant should fit well into BnG, since one person can fend off many simply with quick fingers. Actually, we do that in Deathmatch to save time finding each other anyway; on the hill in the middle.

- Icons should be update; right now the detail on them is quite small and not descriptive enough; in my opinion.

- Also loadscreen. Public game wise; you should put text on the loadscreen itself to negate the "press any key to continue" part. Because no one likes to wait for some afk dudes.

That's all for now. I'm working on my minigame too so I shouldn't be able to host frequently, but I love this game and will try to spread it around my place (Garena also).

Will you make a system saving codes to file?
P.S.: Can u also add autoload when next round begins? I mean it is stupid to type code u just got...
Thanks for the suggestion! I haven't done such systems in the past so I'm not sure.
The codes tend to be around 4 symbols long anyway so I doubt it is too problematic to either memorize or write them down manually.
However, if there's a ready solution to how that is done then sure I'll implement it.

Also you do not need to load codes between rounds! Once per game session is enough.
I'll remove the excessive "you can now load your codes" messages in the next version as it is only relevant on the very first round.

After a while; I decided to revisit this one; and I'm like: Mannnnnnn so many updates!

Anyway, I hosted some games, most of them are FFA Deathmatch and these are something I noticed:

- Power Slam animation sometimes collides with limping/stumbling; which makes Power Slam attack and attached SFX occurs (deals damage and the invisibility SFX appears) but the model just stand there limping.
Did this happen often?
It is true that sometimes the animations may overlap with another in hectic moments.
However, stumbling should always cancel a power slam. Hmmm odd...
- After one death the spilling blood SFX doesn't stop, ever.
Ah yes, true. I'll need to look into that.

- The impaling SFX (from being hit by the "Kunai" IIRC) sometimes persists after respawn.
Attached arrows and throwing weapons disappear from a character's body within a minute regardless of dying / respawning. So yeah, that can happen.
Something I would suggest:

- I noticed a King-of-the-Hill game mode variant should fit well into BnG, since one person can fend off many simply with quick fingers. Actually, we do that in Deathmatch to save time finding each other anyway; on the hill in the middle.
True. There's a lot of potential in that idea!
- Icons should be update; right now the detail on them is quite small and not descriptive enough; in my opinion.

- Also loadscreen. Public game wise; you should put text on the loadscreen itself to negate the "press any key to continue" part. Because no one likes to wait for some afk dudes.
Good points.
That's all for now. I'm working on my minigame too so I shouldn't be able to host frequently, but I love this game and will try to spread it around my place (Garena also).
Thanks for the suggestions, bug reports and for spreading the map!
Much appreciated!

Hrrrmmm, I just play against AI on boss mode.
That's nice. Managed to beat it?
Pick the hardest difficulty if you want a real challenge!

Level 3
Did this happen often?
It is true that sometimes the animations may overlap with another in hectic moments.
However, stumbling should always cancel a power slam. Hmmm odd...

Should be limping. That animation when you are low on health; if it only reduces movement speed then it shouldn't cancel Power Slam, stumbling does. Out of 3 games I noticed it twice. The guy apparently got his HP brought down to limping level, he moved a bit then Power Slam - the problem happens here, Power Slam did not have any animation whatsoever. I'll try to replicate the issue tomorrow, will get back to you later.

Should be limping. That animation when you are low on health; if it only reduces movement speed then it shouldn't cancel Power Slam, stumbling does. Out of 3 games I noticed it twice. The guy apparently got his HP brought down to limping level, he moved a bit then Power Slam - the problem happens here, Power Slam did not have any animation whatsoever. I'll try to replicate the issue tomorrow, will get back to you later.

Was he already limping before he started casting the power slam?

It might be that the animation tag just happens to come into effect at almost the same time as the power slam animation is supposed to start so it cancels it out.

Update!

Version 0.82c
[TD]
  • Dying in deathmatch now makes you observe the person who killed you (instead of always observing player 1)
  • "-end" command added to player 1
    • This allows the host to end the current round and select whether to restart or end the entire game
  • Some aesthetic improvements
    • Loading screen altered a bit
    • New order confirm / waypoint model effect
      • Looks nice when you right click or queue up those abilities for an imba combo
  • Tumble no longer pauses your character
    • This means that you can now smoothly combine the move with other abilities!
    • Leaping power strike? Boosted Lunge? A flying kick? An aggressive slash? Sure thing!
[/TD]
The combat is smoother now that you can combine the tumble ability to boost the other abilities!

Tumble + Power Slam = character leaps forward casting the slam across a long range
Tumble + Lunge = a speed-boosted lunge that strikes further
Tumble + Kick = a flying kick with more range
Tumble + Slash = an aggressive slash with forward movement

How about adding Hats?
Golden Santa Hats
Green Santa Hats
Blue Santa Hats
Red Santa Hats
Red Party Hat
Etc....
+1 i like this idea!! maybe make them unlock-ables through leveling up?
Thanks for the suggestion!
However, santa hats would hardly fit in the game.
But yeah perhaps there could be some helmet variations or similar that would be given as rewards upon reaching certain ranks. I'll need to think about it!

Last edited:
Level 3
Was he already limping before he started casting the power slam?

It might be that the animation tag just happens to come into effect at almost the same time as the power slam animation is supposed to start so it cancels it out.

He was limping just before Power Slam, so I think that your speculation is correct. But then again I was unable to reproduce it; oh well.

Better host some more games. New version ftw.

Update!

Version 0.83e
[TD]
  • "You can now load your code" -message now only appears on the first round.
    • (it was never necessary to load your code more than once per game session)
  • A new mode setting "Warm-up" for Deathmatch
    • Players start with minimal abilities (Defend, Slash, Kick)
    • New abilities are automatically unlocked periodically
    • Has a time limit (7min) instead of kill limit
    • This mode is highly recommended for new players!
    • A small score bonus for every player if this mode is played first
  • Fixed a bug that caused leaver players to keep their kill count
    • This could sometimes cause a later deathmatch game to instantly end if the leaver had more than the kill limit amount of kills
  • Host dialogs adjusted and rearranged
    • Warmup deathmatch is now the default setting for first round of a game session
  • Loading screen improved
  • Score gain improved
    • Getting killing sprees and ending enemy killing sprees now award score rewards
  • Kills in Boss Mode are now displayed in the multiboard
[/TD]

The main problem with Blades 'n Gore II in the past has been it's learning curve.
It takes on average 20-25 minutes for a newbie to learn and like the map.
It takes on average 10-12 minutes for a newbie to lose attention and go ragequit.

But here comes the new warm-up deathmatch mode!
  • Only lasts for 7 minutes!
  • Doesn't give all the abilities at once!
  • New abilities are unlocked about once every minute!

Brief testing has indicated that roughly 100% of newbies will not leave during the warm-up round, and will actually enjoy the map. Great success.

Kitabatake, here's a thread in Gaia's Retaliation ORPG where they discuss about adding a text file save system. Here's where they figured out how to do it also. You should look at the thread, you might find some useful information there.

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/gaias-retaliation-orpg-649/load-codes-211398/
Thanks, I'll need to consider it.
He was limping just before Power Slam, so I think that your speculation is correct. But then again I was unable to reproduce it; oh well.

Better host some more games. New version ftw.
Alrighty. Well it's good the bug doesn't occur all the time and that it's only a temporary graphical "annoyance".
could you try adding AI?? :D
Boss Mode has enemy AI minions, commanders and a boss.
A "player AI" has not been implemented in the game at the moment.

Man here is one bug report :[. I think to it's happening from time to time. I was playing boss mode and when I have come to final boss I saved map. Ofc I lost that game, but then I have loaded I haven't spell kick then Capture point. That was in version 0.81f or 0.82f that all.

Bug confirmed. It seems warcraft 3 screws up ability order when it loads a game.

Anyway, this will be fixed in the next version.
Thanks for reporting the bug! +rep.

Hello man me again. I have one little bug to report and few suggestions.

Bug:
When I has playing deathmatch I have tried some fast spell casting. I have casted kick and quickly after that power slam. What happened. Mana spent, kick not casted.That's all

Suggestions:

I have played it first time with music and sounds ( i usually listen music while I played TFT ) and you know music is somehow missind. Effect of music is to make map better. Just use some good music and in game effect will be much better.
Now spell sounds effects. Like what my friend Pirate-of-7-seas told me once spell is much better if it's fallowing by some good sound effect(like what I have told for music).You can add some wind effect for lunge and drink effect for ...well drink.
For other is mostly okey.

Now suggestion for editing Kick:

You know kick is very useful for pvp. Stopping enemies spells, kicking them from you giving you chance for escaping etc. But in boss fight that spell is not so useful. I will use better Slash instead of Kick. My suggestion about kick is to one be for pvp and one for boss fight. For boss fight u can edit it like no point/target(just press D and activate it) And hero will spin and pull all unit around him giving him more space for escaping.

Sry for this to long text I just want to help :D.

Level 20
im glad to see that this map is progressing to fast:D

it has come to my attention that BnG lacks some old looking bridges and i was thinking...
maybe you could improve the terrain of the map a bit by adding a bridge, don't you think?;)

ATTENTION TO ALL BnG FANS:
Kitabatake has finaly made a supporter signature for all the fans of BnG!!
wear our supporter signature and support the game!;)

[url=http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/maps-564/Blades-n-Gore-II-211054/][img]http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/members/124756-albums5386-picture57854.png[/img][/url]

Hello man me again. I have one little bug to report and few suggestions.

Bug:
When I has playing deathmatch I have tried some fast spell casting. I have casted kick and quickly after that power slam. What happened. Mana spent, kick not casted.That's all
That's not a bug, that's how you cancel abilities in BnG II.

If you don't want to cancel the kick, you must time the power slam casting so that you see the kick "hit indicator" (the red AoE shockwave) before you start power slam.
It is perfectly possible to combo the abilities right after one another, but if you rush it, you will move on to the next ability before actually finishing the previous.

And that brings you to choose your play style.
Will you take the risk of missing an ability while trying to perform smooth fast-paced combos, or will you play it safe with a slower pace?
Suggestions:

I have played it first time with music and sounds ( i usually listen music while I played TFT ) and you know music is somehow missind. Effect of music is to make map better. Just use some good music and in game effect will be much better.
Now spell sounds effects. Like what my friend Pirate-of-7-seas told me once spell is much better if it's fallowing by some good sound effect(like what I have told for music).You can add some wind effect for lunge and drink effect for ...well drink.
For other is mostly okey.
There's a couple of major reasons why this map doesn't have imported music
  1. It would take far too much space
  2. People can just play the music of their choice on a media player with volume set to something like 20% while playing this map
But yes, sound effects are something I try to take good care of since they don't take an awful lot of space but still improve the atmosphere of the map immensely.
There's ambient sounds that differ depending on location and some custom combat sounds in the map as well.
I'll try to see if I can find something good for lunge and drink.

Let me know if you know some good sounds that exist in wc3 already!
Now suggestion for editing Kick:

You know kick is very useful for pvp. Stopping enemies spells, kicking them from you giving you chance for escaping etc. But in boss fight that spell is not so useful. I will use better Slash instead of Kick. My suggestion about kick is to one be for pvp and one for boss fight. For boss fight u can edit it like no point/target(just press D and activate it) And hero will spin and pull all unit around him giving him more space for escaping.

Sry for this to long text I just want to help :D.
In boss mode kick still knocks back and slows down the enemies which can be very useful at times. Especially when dealing with stronger opponents since the speed reduction makes things so much easier.

Thanks for the suggestions!

im glad to see that this map is progressing to fast:D

it has come to my attention that BnG lacks some old looking bridges and i was thinking...
maybe you could improve the terrain of the map a bit by adding a bridge, don't you think?;)
Hmm perhaps. The problem is that in wc3 you can only run either over the bridge or under it but you cannot do both on the same bridge.

Anyway, I'll keep it in mind if I find a terrain spot that could use a bridge.

ATTENTION TO ALL BnG FANS:
Kitabatake has finaly made a supporter signature for all the fans of BnG!!
wear our supporter signature and support the game!;)

[url=http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/maps-564/Blades-n-Gore-II-211054/][img]http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/members/124756-albums5386-picture57854.png[/img][/url]
Yeah due to it being requested, it's now done. Also, if anyone wants to make a better version of it, just let me know!

And yes, feel free to use it in your signature if you enjoy the map!

Is this game being hosted on B.NET already?

I don't know how often it is hosted on Bnet, but the map is hosted on Garena from time to time.
If you want to play the map on garena, join the garena group 31617 and ask for someone to host the map or host the map yourself and ask others to join.

1. Start garena plus
  2. Press
    124756-albums5391-picture56662.png
    and select Join Group
  3. type in 31617 and press Next

Update!

Version 0.84c
[TD]
  • Character customization is taking it's first steps into the game!
    • Player characters are now randomly customized each round (gender, face, hair)
    • Armor attachments updated to fit both genders
    • (Later versions will have player selectable customizations with various settings)
    • (Some customization options will be unlockable with player rank in later versions)
  • Game can now be reset by player 1 during game ending countdown
  • Quest log improved, added map download links and author contact info.
  • New cooldown model for items and abilities
  • Fixed a bug that messed up abilities if the game was loaded.
  • Small fixes and improvements overall
[/TD]

Character customization is starting to make it's way into the map!
Now in this version it is randomized with a very limited amount of options but later versions will allow the players to select their own character configurations.
I've also been planning that some of the fancier customization stuff could be unlockable by meeting certain rank requirements.

And also note that you can now use the "-reset" command to reset the game even after accidentally choosing to end the game!

What's Garena? lol
A free program that allows you to play with other people as if you were all in LAN together.
You can google more info and you can download it at http://intl.garena.com/

Update!

Version 0.85d

[TD]
  • Customization settings have taken another leap forward!
    • Customization is no longer randomized
    • Players can now customize their character before rounds
    • Certain customizations require the player to have a certain rank
    • Long hair is supported
  • Player 1 can use "-pause" and "-unpause" commands to pause or resume the game start countdown during character customization
  • New stylized character portraits (black silhouette over teamglow)
  • Bug fix: Lunge effect loop no longer continues when the player character is dead or game has ended
  • Interface fixes (Active button fx removed)
  • You can now only load a savecode once in the game
    • It was never necessary to load it more than once anyway
    • Failed load attempts do not count. Loading is disabled only after one successful load.
  • Minor improvements overall
[/TD]

Massive progress with the customization systems!
Players can now customize their character to their liking by selecting gender, face and hairstyle.
Some of the faces and hairstyles can be earned and unlocked by reaching the required rank!

There appears to be glitch now, even if your fully healthed after beggining to bleed, the bleed graphic still appears. I understand arrows still being in there after getting shot, but bleed sfx still there after being fully healthed? wierd.
Yes this tends to happen.
I'll need to create new blood models to fix this in one of the future versions.
Luckily it's just a minor aesthetic detail instead of a major bug.

Level 4
wow very nice and fast update. keep it up. really awesome map. oh and i have 1 question what does that rank do? i've played a lot and i'm loading and getting rank but i dont notice anything changing. btw i'm playing usually boss mode cause of lack of people and because no one can ever kill me :D. i've played once deathmatch and won without being killed even once :D i like this kind of maps where everything is decided by skill, not luck or inbalance, but skill.

so long as I don't still limp when I've returned to full health I don't mind!
EDIT: Epic so far...
That's nice to hear

wow very nice and fast update. keep it up. really awesome map. oh and i have 1 question what does that rank do? i've played a lot and i'm loading and getting rank but i dont notice anything changing.
The player rank is used for unlocking stuff for character customization.
btw i'm playing usually boss mode cause of lack of people and because no one can ever kill me :D. i've played once deathmatch and won without being killed even once :D i like this kind of maps where everything is decided by skill, not luck or inbalance, but skill.
That's nice to hear. Skill based combat has been the idea behind BnG II right from the start.

Level 9
After a few days (epic~), my friend and I came up with a pretty decent suggestion:

What if there will be Death Match (timed)

We were pretty much undefeated and finish the game before the newbies get a hang of it.

So we thought: "How about a Timed game? X Minutes of BnG (shortcut of the name of your game) and whoever has the biggest amount of kills wins~"

BnG is great so far (though tiring with noobs complaining)

P.S. My friend and I tried 2v3 and we won ~

Level 4
After a few days (epic~), my friend and I came up with a pretty decent suggestion:

We were pretty much undefeated and finish the game before the newbies get a hang of it.

So we thought: "How about a Timed game? X Minutes of BnG (shortcut of the name of your game) and whoever has the biggest amount of kills wins~"

lol hi da fist :D btw i've played yesterday warlocks 1x3 and i won :DD they were so mad that they left :D
and i played this 1x1x1 and i won 30-0.

Update!

Version 0.86c
[TD]

• Weapons improved
    • Blood Lotus improved;
      • Health drain decreased 2.33 -> 2.00
      • The sword will stop draining your health for 3 seconds whenever you hit an enemy with it
    • War Fang improved;
      • Regenerates 2 health on every hit
      • The effect stacks; You can hit multiple people with one slash and get the bonus from each.
    • Greatsword improved;
      • Deals 10% of target's current health as extra damage
    • Katana improved;
      • Regenerates +2 stamina on hit
  • More floating text applied
    • Backstabbing now displays floating text
    • Hitting enemies with abilities or attacks now produce faint damage floating texts
    • Mercenary armor damage deflection now displays floating text
    • Blood Lotus health drain displayed in floating text
    • Claymore stamina regeneration displayed in floating text
  • Major bug fixes
    • Character Customization fixed;
      • Customization no longer ends when the first player is ready
      • Spamming the ready button will no longer break the game
      • Player characters can no longer spawn on top of each other
    • Duel Arena fixed;
      • Exactly 2 players are now picked to each duel
    • Stat resetting fixed;
      • All player kill stats are now properly reset after each round to prevent possible "instant win" bugs in next rounds
    • Blood bug fixed;
      • Player characters will no longer "bleed forever" after being hit once
    • Armor abilities fixed;
      • Fixed a bug that caused the armor abilities to not work properly
[/TD]

The last update sure brought some nasty bugs along with the new character customization systems.
However, this version gets rid of all the major bugs while also bringing some minor improvements to the map overall!

In short: Weapons have been improved, Floating texts have been improved and character customization related problems have been fixed.
Also the old "Bleeding forever"-bug has now been fixed.

Yes, I'll probably add that kind of feature in one of the next versions.

Ultra-fast Update!

Version 0.87c
[TD]
  • Greatsword balanced; Damage bonus is now capped at 30
  • Katana model and icon replaced; Much more stylish now!
  • Warmup mode improved;
    • Time reduced from 7 minutes to 4 minutes
    • Unlocks come about 30% faster now
  • Armor Systems improved;
    • Armor attachments no longer disappears upon dying
    • Primary hair will no longer clip through helmets
    • Mercenary armor now has a female version
    • Eclipse Cuirass now has a female version
  • Bug fixes;
    • Fixed projectile movement (all projectiles move correctly now)
    • Fixed area of effect damage on all abilities (sometimes damage would not be dealt to all targets)
    • Fixed a bug that occurred when a player pressed ready during game start coundown
    • Fixed female character model hand attachment point (sword is no longer attached through the wrist)
    • Fixed some floating texts that easily blocked each other
[/TD]

Very fast update with some major fixes and improvements!
Most notably now all armor attachments have both male and female customized variations and they will no longer disappear upon death.

Also plenty of bug fixes!
Latest testing indicates that roughly 100% of the annoying bugs have been dealt with!

Teams in duel
First player in first team against first player in second team etc till Final round
You can say tournament :p
Give em the rep!
Hmm... Thanks for the suggestion!