• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Blades 'n Gore II v0.99h

This bundle is marked as high quality. It exceeds standards and is highly desirable.
[TD]
124756-albums5391-picture65030.png
[/TD][TD]
[TD]
[TD][/TD][TD][/TD][TD][/TD][TD]

Kitabatake Presents:
BnG_BnG.png

A fast-paced sword fighting game for 1-12 players
[/TD][TD][/TD][TD][/TD][TD][/TD]
[/TD] [TD]

Map Summary

Features

[TD]

A sequel to the original, Blades 'n Gore II leaves it's predecessor in the dust by improving all the strengths,
removing all the weak parts and by introducing new features that add new dimensions to the gameplay.

BnG II is a fast paced sword fighting game that is fast to learn and hard to master.
It supports a variety of game modes & team configurations and more features are added with future updates.

The map supports
1-12 players.
Currently available game modes:
  • Boss Mode
    • Recommended for: 1-4 players
    • Players are all in the same team
    • You must cooperatively survive through all stages by defeating the AI enemies.
    • The final level is a boss battle
    [*]
    Battle Zone
    • Recommended for: 6-12 players
    • Players are evenly divided into 2 teams
    • The team to reach the score limit set by the host wins
    • The game area has 5 control points
      • The team that controls the majority of these points gains points periodically
      • Killing enemy players also give points
    • This game mode fully supports leveling up and buying new equipment
    [*]
    Deathmatch / Team Deathmatch
    • Recommended for: 2-12 players
    • Supports a variety of team configurations
    • The team (player in FFA) to reach kill limit set by the host wins
    • Supports InstaKill setting
      • All players spawn with a sword that kills with one hit.
      • Make good use of defend and evasive movements!
    [*]
    Duel Arena
    • Recommended for: 2-5 players
    • The player to reach kill limit set by the host wins
    • 2 players are chosen to duel against each other
    • The winner gets the kill and the loser is replaced with a random other player
    • The randomization only picks people that have played the least amount of duels so far
    • Supports InstaKill setting

[/TD]
[TD]
Smooth and versatile Combat systems
  • The smoothest melee combat system seen on Warcraft III
  • Fast to learn & hard to master
  • More details further down!
Team systems
  • The host is presented with all possible balanced and almost balanced team configurations
  • In the case of unbalanced team configuration, host will always be the one with less teammates
  • Players are always divided to the teams in order starting from the top of game lobby
  • The system works for any amount of players
Example: 5 players in game will give the following options
  • FFA (1 vs 1 vs 1 vs 1 vs 1)
  • 2 Teams (2 vs 3) [Unbalanced]
  • 3 Teams (1 vs 2 vs 2) [Unbalanced]
  • 4 Teams (1 vs 1 vs 1 vs 2) [Unbalanced]

Example: 6 players in game will give the following options
  • FFA (1 vs 1 vs 1 vs 1 vs 1 vs 1)
  • 2 Teams (3 vs 3) [Balanced]
  • 3 Teams (2 vs 2 vs 2) [Balanced]
  • 4 Teams (1 vs 1 vs 2 vs 2) [Unbalanced]
  • 5 Teams (1 vs 1 vs 1 vs 1 vs 2) [Unbalanced]
Immersive environment
  • Carefully picked sounds and soundscape
    • Most other maps have completely ignored the importance of sound effects
    • Blades 'n Gore II features:
      • Environmental sounds at appropriate places
      • Combat sound effects
      • Miscellaneous system sound effects on various occasions
  • Detailed and varying terrain
    • The terrain is improved by many doodad models exclusively made for this map
    • Custom trees, flower patches, structures and various other environmental doodads
  • Loads of custom models
Save/Load Systems
  • You can save your rank & score and continue from where you left on the next game
  • Note that your code is case-sensitive AND bound to your username
  • Also note that playing single player will not earn you score
Advanced damage modeling
  • Being kicked or interrupted during a strike can throw you off balance and cause you to stumble
  • Getting critically low on health will make you limp and bleed, reducing your movement speed
  • Beautiful gore effects upon death
    • Bloody limbs and body parts fly in arcs through the air leaving momentary blood trails behind
  • Arrows and throwing weapons stick to their targets
    • A feature you may have seen in games like Oblivion or Mount&Blade
  • You can disembowel enemies by slashing them while they are stumbling!
  • You can impale enemies by lunging through them while they are stumbling!
AI enemies
  • They are capable of kicking you, throwing stuff at you, using power slam, shooting at you...
  • Some of them will also limp when their health is low enough
  • Only present in the Boss Mode for now
Bots
  • Blades 'n Gore II supports AI controlled bot players.
  • During setting selection the host can select a bot threshold, which is basically a player count number.
    • If the actual player count is less than the selected number, bots will fill the missing slots.
  • Also, if a player leaves the game and bot threshold has been set, a bot will take over the leaving player to keep the player count in the defined amount.
  • The bots are currently available for deathmatch, team deathmatch, and boss mode.
Character Customization
  • Players can customize their character's gender, face and hairstyle
  • You can earn customization unlocks by reaching the required ranks!

[/TD]

[/TD] [TD]

[TD] Forum [/TD]

[ Blades 'n Gore II Forum ]

[/TD] [TD]
[TD] Gameplay in more detail [/TD]

The systems are complex and there are many nuances and subtleties that will easily go unnoticed at first.
However, you will only have to play the game for 5 minutes to grasp the concept and to understand the basics.
Defend [Q] - Protects you from incoming damage. You must be facing the damage source to block the damage.

[tr][td]
Lunge [W] [/td][td] - A long range strike.[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]
Slash [E] [/td][td] - A wide area strike.[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]
Drink [R] [/td][td] - Heals you gradually. However, you are vulnerable to attacks while drinking.[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]
Sprint [A] [/td][td] - Temporary speed bonus suited for fast long range travelling.[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]
Power Slam [/td][td] - Deals tremendous damage, even pushing half of it through defend. Slow to cast though.[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]
Kick [D][/td][td] - Completely ignores defend and sends the target stumbling backwards.[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]
Tumble [F][/td][td] - A quick evasive move. Can also be used to boost other abilities with extra movement.[/td][/tr]

[TD]
124756-albums5391-picture56141.png
Defend, Lunge, Slash, Drink
Sprint, Power Slam, Kick, Tumble
[/TD]

The trick to winning the battles lies in knowing how to conserve and use your stamina

Note: Depending on the game mode and settings, you may be able to level up your abilities!

[/TD][tr][TD][/TD][/tr][TD]

Gameplay Video Footage

Screenshots

[TD]
Thanks to xorkatoss for recording and uploading!
Map version
0.96m was played in the video
Be sure to watch in
full screen and in 1080p HD!

Recorded by xorkatoss (map version 0.93m)
Recorded by xorkatoss (map version 0.93m)
Recorded by xorkatoss (map version 0.93f)
Recorded by ironymon1 (map version 0.57c)

[/TD]
[TD]

124756-albums5386-picture55359.jpg

Tropical Island
The default game area for deathmatch and team deathmatch

124756-albums5386-picture56981.jpg

Boss Mode
An eager beta tester (xorkatoss) has managed to catch a kunai, 2 shurikens and an arrow with his body.
Gotta catch 'em all but try not to bleed to death!

124756-albums5386-picture55411.jpg

In-Game
Screenshot of actual gameplay with small number of players.

[/TD]

Credits

Notes

[TD]
Imported models, interface, icons, etc... - Kitabatake Notable Contributors:
  • Sheep100
Notable Beta Testers:
  • ironymon1
  • xorkatoss
  • Playcanon
  • masterrub10
  • The_Optimizer
Interested in testing? Contact Kitabatake on Garena or Hive.
The games are mostly played through Garena.

[/TD]
[TD]

The map is currently in beta, which means that bugs will be fixed and more features added in later versions.
The map is also kept protected during beta-stage development.

Found a bug?
Got an idea to suggest?
Interested in helping out with the map?
Interested in testing?

--> Let me know!

[/TD]

[TD] Want to play the map online? [/TD]

Join the Garena group

1. Start garena plus
    2. Press
      124756-albums5391-picture56662.png
      and select Join Group
    3. type in 31617 and press Next

• You must have Garena Plus installed to be able to join groups.
    • The old Garena client does not support groups.
  • If you have problems joining, contact Kitabatake via garena.
  • The map is often hosted in one of the EU RPG rooms.
    • The room is announced in the group when the map is hosted.

Note: When you join the group, say something in the chat!
[TD]
  • If you say nothing, you will show up inactive in member list
    • Inactive members are removed whenever group gets full.
  • You might want to say something at least once every month.
  • A single "hi" is enough, your activity status is then updated to current day.
[/TD]

NOTE: If you find yourself kicked from the group, it doesn't mean you've "done something wrong".
It just means that there has been no space for new members and a couple of the most inactive members have been removed to make space for them.
Feel free to rejoin the group at any time!

[TD] Version changes [/TD]

[/TD][tr][TD][/TD][/tr]
[/TD]

Keywords:
Blades 'n Gore, II, fast, paced, sword, fighting, team, deathmatch
Contents

Blades 'n Gore II v0.99h (Map)

Reviews
Date: 14:09:12 31-Jan-12 Map Moderator: -Kobas- Map Status: Approved 5/5 Contact map moderator: Visitor Message / Private Message! Comment: Awesome ideas. Good job :thumbs_up:
I think he means computer slots...
There is a bug in boss mode. When I put in computer slots (instead of "Open"), after the first round in boss mode (defeated), those "Computers" appeared and attacked one another...

Ah thanks for clarifying that!
I thought I had disabled hero spawning for computer players but apparently not. I'll have it fixed for the next version.

Computer players will be enabled later if/when the AI systems are advanced enough to handle it. At the moment only hostile AI minions and bosses are supported.

Well, I wasnt planning more, but sure.
Bigger stadium couldve been fine.

Even though, I really enjoy playing this with my friends.
A great boredum buster.

Also, any plans on projectiled weapons?
How about also adding magoc or spells?
Yes, projectile weapons are planned.
Magic/spells are under consideration.

Level 12
moar suggestions

a problem i frequently come across is staying alive; enemies respawn so fast i can't really get that much drink regen in. a couple of things to remedy this:
1. make drink heal a small amount of health instantly, maybe like 5-10 hp
2. add a respawn delay which increases as the game progresses
3. heal hp when at your base

fang should have unique stats like the blood coat does

when you do fast consecutive lunges, you're pushed backwards for some reason. and after some experimenting it only happens when you're facing left/down, wat

i also lol'd pretty hard at nodachi's range, you should make it hella weaker to compensate for its long ass reach

cant think of anything else bye

moar suggestions

a problem i frequently come across is staying alive; enemies respawn so fast i can't really get that much drink regen in. a couple of things to remedy this:
1. make drink heal a small amount of health instantly, maybe like 5-10 hp
2. add a respawn delay which increases as the game progresses
3. heal hp when at your base
Hmm I'll consider it.
fang should have unique stats like the blood coat does
I'm open for suggestions and ideas!
when you do fast consecutive lunges, you're pushed backwards for some reason. and after some experimenting it only happens when you're facing left/down, wat

i also lol'd pretty hard at nodachi's range, you should make it hella weaker to compensate for its long ass reach

cant think of anything else bye
Thanks for the feedback!

Yes, consecutive knockbacks will sometimes throw you in incorrect directions at the moment. It is fixed in the new version.

Also, Nodachi is rather weak and has a mediocre stamina regeneration. I'll balance it more if I see it being overpowered or underpowered.

EDIT: Update!

Version 0.77h
[TD]
  • InstaKill Setting
    • You can enable this setting for Deathmatch, Team Deathmatch and Duel Arena
    • With this setting all players spawn with a sword that kills in one hit
    • Make good use of defend and evade those attacks!
  • Fixed a bug that caused computer players to have heroes and items
  • Fixed knockback systems
    • You will no longer be occasionally thrown into the wrong direction
[/TD]

Last edited:
About the Nodachi... It isn't very cheap, so I think it is fine, maybe should be slightly weaker. When compared to etc. Great Sword, they are kinda equal in power, but Nodachi is more expensive. Leave it as it is. If you really want to weaken it, reduce damage by 1, maximum 2.

My idea:
Replace Tumble.
It is really not effective. Make it more powerful by increasing distance, or replace it.
Idea for new ability:
Hide
|
|-Fades over time depending on level 1-0.7-0.3
|-Drains mana
|-Not invulnerable, only invisible

It would be very effective for the InstaKill.

Maybe you could use Tumble in co-op and duel, but use Hide in other modes.

I have found bug, i hate to write once more time. I have send you message. When u upgrade spells very fast u can upgrade twice for only one point so at the begin you can have spell upgraded 4 times for only two points. That make game easier fix it xD. Can i suggest you to add some level in boss mode for every few versions. Can i get my first rep for this bug info xd

I have found bug, i hate to write once more time. I have send you message. When u upgrade spells very fast u can upgrade twice for only one point so at the begin you can have spell upgraded 4 times for only two points. That make game easier fix it xD.
That bug was already fixed in version 0.76 but thanks for the feedback!

Can i suggest you to add some level in boss mode for every few versions. Can i get my first rep for this bug info xd
Yes I'm planning to add more bosses and stages in later updates.

About the Nodachi... It isn't very cheap, so I think it is fine, maybe should be slightly weaker. When compared to etc. Great Sword, they are kinda equal in power, but Nodachi is more expensive. Leave it as it is. If you really want to weaken it, reduce damage by 1, maximum 2.
True true.
My idea:
Replace Tumble.
It is really not effective. Make it more powerful by increasing distance, or replace it.
Idea for new ability:
Hide
|
|-Fades over time depending on level 1-0.7-0.3
|-Drains mana
|-Not invulnerable, only invisible

It would be very effective for the InstaKill.

Maybe you could use Tumble in co-op and duel, but use Hide in other modes.
Stealth is in consideration.
Thanks for the suggestions!

Kitabatake u are veteran here and i have one question. When i upload map will it show instant or it will take one day to moderators test it look for bugs? I have upload one map but it doesnt show.
and what means when map is pending
I would rate it 5/5 ofc and i will but i am here member only 2 days xD

When you upload a map it goes to the pending section until a moderator approves or rejects it.

If you have more forum related questions, ask them on the off topic forums or PM a moderator.
This thread is meant for discussion/questions/suggestions regarding the BnG II map.

Level 4
Love this map

Three complaints: Nodachi damage radius is obscene, it's practically a sniper rifle in sword form

Tumble doesn't seem very useful

The Boss mode feels too "spammy", it would be cool if you could get fewer, more challenging enemies instead of 50 footsoldiers and 10 champions spawning on top of you

Tumble isn't very useful, Lunge can make a suitable makeshift tumble, deals damage too.
Tumble doesn't seem very useful
Tumble is pretty much the only ability that can save you when you are very low on both stamina and health, and the enemy is trying to use power slam at you or if you find yourself outnumbered.
Lunge cannot do this since it has a shorter range and a much higher stamina cost.

But hmm yes, I need to do some fixes to the ability.
The health drain is not a good penalty for it, but there needs to be something that prevents massive abuse. (In early versions people could just spam tumble and escape forever)
I don't like the idea of adding a cooldown to it either since sometimes you just have to tumble twice or thrice in a quick succession to evade a very nasty situation.

If any of you has got ideas for this, let me know!

Love this map

Three complaints: Nodachi damage radius is obscene, it's practically a sniper rifle in sword form
That's the whole point of Nodachi.
I will reduce it's damage and/or stamina value if it proves to be overpowered.

Also, I would like to hear what are people's favorite and least favorite weapons and armor. Post here and let me know!
(I need to know which weapons are good and which need improvements)

The Boss mode feels too "spammy", it would be cool if you could get fewer, more challenging enemies instead of 50 footsoldiers and 10 champions spawning on top of you
Hmm. Good point.
I have been thinking that fewer enemies with slightly improved AI would make the mode much more tactical and less of a "hit and run" game type...​

Thanks for the feedback! Much appreciated!

Well, in my opinion, different weapons are great for different modes. For example, I use Bloodlotus in Duel Arena, because I know it won't take too long to kill my enemy or get killed. On the other hand, Claymore is an excellent choice for me when I solo Boss Mode. Also, don't really like Nodachi, for it really lacks damage.

@Kitabake:
It seems you ran out of ideas. So here is a good one:
Although there is nothing wrong with your terrain (it is great, actually), it seems to me that it simply... doesn't fit with the rest of the map. Almost your whole map, except terrain, is very Japan-oriented. Weapons, armors, creeps... So, if you are interested, I would like to try to re-terrain it and make it look more like Japan. I have a really good idea about what I could do.

Well, in my opinion, different weapons are great for different modes. For example, I use Bloodlotus in Duel Arena, because I know it won't take too long to kill my enemy or get killed. On the other hand, Claymore is an excellent choice for me when I solo Boss Mode. Also, don't really like Nodachi, for it really lacks damage.
Ah, interesting.
Most people are afraid to use the Blood Lotus due to the risks it brings.
How about armor? Which do you use frequently? Why? Which do you avoid? Why?

@Kitabake:
It seems you ran out of ideas. So here is a good one:
Although there is nothing wrong with your terrain (it is great, actually), it seems to me that it simply... doesn't fit with the rest of the map. Almost your whole map, except terrain, is very Japan-oriented. Weapons, armors, creeps... So, if you are interested, I would like to try to re-terrain it and make it look more like Japan. I have a really good idea about what I could do.
Thanks for the offer but re-terraining is not one of my top priorities at the moment.

Level 15
Hrrm, I find the limping system to be unique, it gives this game something different.
I also find that in single player(The AI did not much to help, rather it ATTACKED me). The commander is HEAVILY overpowered, I'm guessing this is a boss. However it's slam is so powerful that it insta killed an AI player.

About the armors...
In Duel Arena, my choice is always the Eclipse Curiass (don't know if I spelled it correct :/ ). Although it does reduce movement speed massively, I look at it the same way I look at the Bloodlotus: powerful item that comes with a price. I pay the price for Bloodlotus with Drink, and the price for Eclipse Curiass with Sprint.
In Co-op mode, I prefer using Crimson Yoroi. I know that if I take damage, I will take massive damage, so I prefer not to bleed and limp after it. Crimson Yoroi is best for that.

Another thing:
In co-op mode, there is a... well, not a bug, but certainly something that could use fixing. When Marksman shoots out an arrow, it isn't facing his direction, it is facing 0 degrees, I think. It really looks weird. An arrow that has just been fired turns around. I think that this could be fixed very easily.

Update!

Version 0.78d
[TD]
  • Boss Difficulty reworked
    • Enemy health now increases percentually.
  • New sword implemented:
    • Viking Sword
  • Throwing weapons implemented:
    • Kunai
    • Shuriken
  • Fixed existing weapons
    • Greatsword damage increased 16 -> 17
    • Katana damage fixed 10 -> 12
    • Claymore mana bonus capped to 15 per sec (equivalent of 5 simultaneous enemies)
  • Projectile systems improved
  • Arrows, Kunai and Shuriken now stick to their targets temporarily
  • AI marksmen now have quivers
  • Fixed a bug that caused a Boss Mode round to start if the game was reset by player 1 shortly beforehand
  • Fixed a Bug that caused players not to be able to use lunge or tumble in a certain part of deathmatch arena
[/TD]

Throwing weapons have now made their first step into the game!
I'll probably have a separate merchant for throwing weapons in the next update. (Now throwing weapons are bought from sword merchant)

Also, now arrows, shurikens and other projectiles stick to their targets.
This is a feature you may be familiar with from games like Oblivion or Mount&Blade.

Hrrm, I find the limping system to be unique, it gives this game something different.
That's nice to hear!
I also find that in single player(The AI did not much to help, rather it ATTACKED me). The commander is HEAVILY overpowered, I'm guessing this is a boss. However it's slam is so powerful that it insta killed an AI player.
You already reported this bug and the faulty AI players were removed in the previous update. Thanks for the input anyway!

Also, yes, the commanders are sort of mini-bosses.

This is The Best Map if

It is AI :vw_unimpressed::vw_unimpressed::vw_unimpressed:

NEXT TIME MAKE THIS AI

Ill rate it 5/5
AI players are a planned feature.

About the armors...
In Duel Arena, my choice is always the Eclipse Curiass (don't know if I spelled it correct :/ ). Although it does reduce movement speed massively, I look at it the same way I look at the Bloodlotus: powerful item that comes with a price. I pay the price for Bloodlotus with Drink, and the price for Eclipse Curiass with Sprint.
In Co-op mode, I prefer using Crimson Yoroi. I know that if I take damage, I will take massive damage, so I prefer not to bleed and limp after it. Crimson Yoroi is best for that.
Ah, thanks for the feedback!

Another thing:
In co-op mode, there is a... well, not a bug, but certainly something that could use fixing. When Marksman shoots out an arrow, it isn't facing his direction, it is facing 0 degrees, I think. It really looks weird. An arrow that has just been fired turns around. I think that this could be fixed very easily.
Huh? I haven't seen this myself. The arrows are created facing the correct direction.

Does this happen all the time for you?
Does the arrow move to the direction it is facing?
Are you running Warcraft III with highest settings?
Does the bug happen in the newest version of the map?

Last edited:
Originally Posted by clockwork2

Slam killed him because he had no armor. And it is not too strong, all you need to do is evade it.

Update!

Version 0.79c
[TD]
  • Fixed a bug that caused merchants in Battle Zone to not work after resetting or restarting the game under certain conditions.
  • Fixed a pathing bug in deathmatch area that caused players to teleport in certain places when being knocked back.
  • Throwing weapons balanced
    • Kunai cooldown increased and speed reduced
    • Shuriken speed and damage increased
  • Minor bug fixes and improvements
[/TD]

Kita nice update. Can you give me unprotected version to make Ai version. Ofc if you think to i can do it. I can easily make AI for deathmatch for start. If you think to you can trust me i will do best from myself, if you think to i need to learn more nvm.
Thanks for the offer but since the AI must be integrated into my custom combat systems it would be too much of a hassle to request someone else to make it.
Wooot!!!i am sooo using the kunai!!!!
Maybe tumble makes players dizzy?
dizzy will make a player's screen somewhat become foggy or sparkle every now and then?
Thanks for the suggestion!
However, foggy or sparkly screen doesn't really prevent a player from abusing the skill for an infinite escape so there should be something more to it...
Got any ideas?

Making the screen fogy is not a bad idea... Made me thinking...

Maybe this:
After you cast tumble, your movement speed is reduced for few seconds. If you use it more than, for example, 5 times in 5 seconds, you get stunned. It will effectively keep people from spamming with it. :D

Hmm good suggestion!
I'll put something like that to the next version of the map.

Level 2
I believe that you should slightly reduce Tumble range, disable control for a short period of time after tumbling 'cause the unit have to stand up. Besides, in real swordfights, such kind of move require great force so fighters can't jump when taking blows or when they were weakened by wounds.

Level 2
I can see that Tumble is balanced overall except one thing: Between two times of Tumbling (consecutively), the second one is slower, or not as far as the first, due to inertia; so as the next one, too. After all, moving by tumbling can't be faster than running.

Update!

Version 0.80d
[TD]
  • Disembowelment debuff
    • Slashing a stumbling enemy from the front will now cause disembowelment
    • Effects: Forced limping until death, Health drain, Stamina drain
    • Custom disembowelment special effect on the character model!
  • Impale debuff
    • Using Lunge on a stumbling enemy will cause impalement
    • Effects: Health drain, Movement speed penalty
    • Custom impalement special effect on the character model!
  • Tumble no longer costs health
    • Repeated Tumble will now cause you to stumble instead
[/TD]

In order to disembowel an enemy you need to be very close to him and then kick and instantly slash. If you are too slow or the enemy is facing away it will fail.
Impale works the same way except you need to use lunge instead of slash.
Both debuffs stack on each other.

Also, you don't have to only use kick.
Power slams, interrupts and deflecting a lunge or slash with defend will all result in a momentary stumble for the enemy.

I can see that Tumble is balanced overall except one thing: Between two times of Tumbling (consecutively), the second one is slower, or not as far as the first, due to inertia; so as the next one, too. After all, moving by tumbling can't be faster than running.
Thanks for the suggestion!

Level 19
Tumble = Stumble.
Lol it sounds funny.

I think combos would be awesome.
Like something called "Blade Fury"?
If 3 or more strikes successfully hit your enemy, you release a volley of slashes on the enemy.
Also, maybe something like "Blade Lunge"
Its basically Lunge + Slash. Its a Lunge and would be slashing.

Tumble = Stumble.
Lol it sounds funny.

I think combos would be awesome.
Like something called "Blade Fury"?
If 3 or more strikes successfully hit your enemy, you release a volley of slashes on the enemy.
Also, maybe something like "Blade Lunge"
Its basically Lunge + Slash. Its a Lunge and would be slashing.

You can already combo all the abilities you have in any way you fancy.
That's the point of the custom combat systems.

By combos I meant like say, the speed of a Slash is say, .7 seconds. Then, you cast Slash 2 times. After this, maybe your next slashes could have a speed of .2 seconds.

Or, you are on Defend mode. Then you Slash. This would make the damage lower.

Hmm yes there's some potential in that idea.
I'll need to think about it!

Level 15
oh...srry man.

How's this for a sword?

Vampire rapier.
Takes opponents life for every successful impalement.
Leeches life from wielder for every slash.
Inflicts vampire curse.
Vampire curse makes drink regen less health, but also increases max health.

Not a good idea?

Last edited:
I dunno, faster slashes could cause potential lag. If they stack that is. Example:
Player 1 causes slash combo two times, slash speed was already 0.2
his slash speed would be so quick the player could slash a opponent with impunity.
@clockwork2

Ok, lets make is 5 consecutive slashes.

It wouldnt lag.
Check Makers "Lightning Speed Laceration" spell.
Anims move hellishly fast, but zero lag.
In this case lag is not a problem.
Also, the speed is not a problem either since slash doesn't stun the enemy so the opponent could just defend to instantly stop the slashes.
And of course there would be a limit to how fast the slash speed could go anyway.

Hmm perhaps I'll add this kind of feature for the next version...
Very nice. I only recently decided to test this map out. Always saw it sitting there. Without me clicking it. You've done a good job.

4.5/5 Great job... Guess I'll just make it 5?
That's very nice to hear!
oh...srry man.

How's this for a sword?

Vampire rapier.
Takes opponents life for every successful impalement.
Leeches life from wielder for every slash.
Inflicts vampire curse.
Vampire curse makes drink regen less health, but also increases max health.

Not a good idea?
Hmm, I'll think about it.

Last edited:
Level 3
Many great ideas :) Sorry i haven't been so active lately, lots going on atm... i'll join the fun as soon as i can :)

Many great ideas :) Sorry i haven't been so active lately, lots going on atm... i'll join the fun as soon as i can :)
No problem! I don't expect beta testers to spend all their free time 24/7 playing the map :p
Play the map and give me bug reports and suggestions once you have time again!
Guy, this map rocks!
It is just imba cool and awesome!
It is the fist ond the only arena I liked while playing WC and SC for 8~ years already!
Everything is made perfect!
5/5
That's very nice to hear!
Lovely map, it is soo much fun to play*even alone, T.T* and is much better then the original one.

Also maybe a dungeon crawler mode?
Perhaps. I haven't made a solid decision on the next game mode yet.

At the moment I'm working on the much requested save/load systems.
In the upcoming version you'll be able to earn ranks by playing the game and you will always be able to continue your progress by using a short save/load code the next time you join the map.