1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Travel to distant realms and encounter scenes unknown to the common folk. The Greatest of Adventures is upon us with the 8th Cinematic Contest. Join in on a fun ride.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 18th Icon Contest is ON! Choose any ingame unit and give him/her Hero abilities. Good luck to all.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Contestants are to create a scene set in the Stone Age. Come and see what you can come up with. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Colour outside the lines! Techtree Contest #13 is a go. The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Greetings cerebrates, our Swarm needs new spawners that will have numerous children. Join the HIVE's 31st Modeling Contest - Spawners and Spawned! The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

[AoS] Invasion in Duskwood

Discussion in 'Map Development' started by Luorax, Aug 30, 2011.

1. WaterKnight

WaterKnight

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I have only quoted

for a reason when I spoke about logics not being all.

And I have only entitled it as inflexible, not underpowered or useless. You can decide whether the restriction is acceptable but I do not like it very much as I have initially stated.

2. Crazed_seal2

Crazed_seal2

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Just a notification... I still don't get it.

And on another Good Luck

3. Drunken_Jackal

Drunken_Jackal

Resources:
    Resources:
    I must say this looks EPIC. Im subscribing here. Good luck on your project and if you need help on ideas, feel free to ask.

4. Luorax

Luorax

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Well, thanks. I'm glad you like our project. I might ask for ideas in the future (I've got some hero ideas with models, some spells and the basic concept, but they lack 1-2 spells), however you'll have a hard time as I'm kinda choosy :) I'm that person who never likes anything. I know your factory tho' and you're doing a demanding job.

5. Drunken_Jackal

Drunken_Jackal

Resources:
    Resources:
    Not so demanding. No requests right now. Feel free to post there.
    If you're choosy, then give me some specifications for your request.

6. Koronis

Koronis

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hello again, I'm done with some hero background stories!
    These might change, keep it in mind, and I skipped Jainar anr Shagutt, since they are Luorax' heroes, and Sirion's story is under construction ( well, it's done, I just have to write it down )
    Some feedback and constructive criticism would be nice :)

Nessara, the Demonic Assasin
    Nessara, half-breed of a Fel Orc warlock and a Succubus possesses immense strength and demonic powers. Spending all her life in combat with the enemies of the Burning Legion, she learnt to adapt to almost every combat situation. Her attacks can be deadly and ruthless, or smart and precise, depending on her mission. Her task is usually being sent behind the enemy lines to assasinate the enemy's spellcasters, and cause as much distortion as possible.

Tidalus, Wraith of the Currents
    Tidalus, General of Neptulon, the Tidehunter's forces at the South Currents was sent to Nazjatar, Queen Azshara's palace as an ambassador. He can manipulate water with ease, bending it at his will, using it to inflict or prevent damage, whichever is needed. His talents in protection were quickly discovered by Her Highness, who made him the captain of her Royal Guard. Now, following Queen Azshara's and Neptulon's orders, he joined the armies of the Last alliance, providing almost impenetrable protection to his new allies.

Glacion, Tempest of the North
    Glacion was one of the few Blue Dragons who managed to survive Deathwing’s madness when he betrayed his kind, and annihilated Malygos’ Blue Dragonflight. Due to his size, age and protective barriers, he was flung towards the icy rooftop of Azeroth, just like Sindragosa. While she crashed into the icy fields of Icecrown, he landed on a glacier in the Storm Peaks. None the less injuries from the Dragon Soul’s force were almost lethal, the landing literally tore him in two, and put an end to his life. Being conserved in the ice of the glacier for ten thousand years, his remains managed to evade the salvage of the scourge, and remain intact. Now, as his service is needed again to protect the world, his spirit returned to the old bones, and a new entity, Glacion was born.

Scneer, the Nether Reaver
    None has ever seen such a creature like him. His exact origin is unknown; his kind lives in mystery, in the depths of the Twisting Nether. Some claims that his kind is related is to Etereal Soul-Trader Consortium. All that is known about him is that he can manipulate the cosmic energy flows, cause space distortions and wild-magic zones, and completely remove living beings from this reality at his will. It is unclear why and how he joined the Burning Legion, but the field reports say that he spends a lot of time carefully extracting his fallen enemies’ living energy for later use.

Raz'jalr, the Faceless Horror
    Raz’jalr, this faceless creature is one of the most loyal and fanatic followers of the banished Old Gods. He is the herald of their corruption, the tool of their will’s fulfillment. He was ordered to join the forces of the Burning Legion, thus helping his masters’ plan of breaking free advance. Even his allies fear and respect him, as those who encountered him. Being watched and protected by the Old Gods, those who stand against him, have to face their force and madness as they already managed to loosen their prison.

Kassar, the Restless Dead
    Quen'ikassar was once a proud and deadly archer of the High Elves’ 7th Ranger Battalion. He was on a mission to strike the Legion’s supply lines. He and his comrades were ambushed, and taken to the eredar homeworld as prisoners. Everyone but Kassar got murdered, while he, being the leader of his party, was tortured and mutilated cruelly, and then resurrected as a cold-blooded killing machine. His torture isn’t over; his anguished soul is eternally bound to his mortal remains, the bones that once served him, damned to endlessly watch the havoc his skeleton caused among his former allies.

Zaraxxus, the Eredar Warlord
    Zaraxxus, twin brother of Jaraxxus, is a powerful eredar warlord of the Burning Legion. He served his Dark Master well; he led the hordes of demons, conquered many worlds in the Great Dark Beyound. He is not a typical Eredar, as he leads his forces into battle always leading the charge, instead of staying behind and casting malicious spells at the enemy. As his chaotic soul burns with hatred, his spells are often empowered by this burning rage, dealing enormous damage among his enemies and causing widespread destruction.

Erion, the Mage-Knight
    Erion is a strange and rare fusion of a paladin and a mage. His father was the leader of the forces defending Duskwood when the first wave of demons arrived, and his mother was the Grand Sorceress of the Violet Citadel watching over the area. As he inherited both celestial and arcane powers from his parents, he is one of the few who were ever able to successfully compound these kinds of magic. Channeling powers through his sword, which serves as a focus, he steadfastly fights to purge the evil from Azeroth.

Xirris, the Mage Hunter
    Xirris is a strange result of a demonic experiment; he was an Eredar, who got merged merged with multiple kinds of Fel Hunters and Void Walkers. He was bred to hunt down and eliminate the mortal spellcasters, armed with streams of negative energy, twirling around his talons, Mana-detecting sensorial organs, Mana Stalkers, that he calls forth from his own essence, and an extraordinary ability to tap and confuse the living energies of his enemies.

Sirion, Templar of the Dawn
    Koralion, the Singing Dawnstone, a huge orange gem was found in a crater two thousand years ago near the Blackrock Mountans. It got into the property of an isolated templar order, where its special features were quickly discovered. The gem emits a smooth, pleasant, crystal-flute-like singing voice when exposed to the rays of the rising sun, and it absorbs and accumulates all kind of magical energies around it. Later it was found out that this gem is a splinter of a Naaru that was passing through the solar System near Azeroth. The Templar Order took a new name according to the gem, and embedded it in the Dawnbreaker, a legendary shield made out of pure elementium. Even though the order possessed such a powerful artifact, they couldn’t hold up the enemy, when the demons invaded Azeroth. Sirion, the last survivor of the Order, was tasked by the dying Grand Master of the Dawn Templars himself to carry on the Dawnbreaker and the story of the Order, and not to rest until every single demon is dead.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2011
  7. Drunken_Jackal

Drunken_Jackal

Resources:
    Resources:
    Good job there.
    You're good at that :)

8. Koronis

Koronis

Resources:
    Resources:
    Thanks ;) Sirion's story posted in my previous comment :)

Last edited: Nov 10, 2011
  9. Arisato

Arisato

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    It's really going out well but sad i can't help until December :/

10. Luorax

Luorax

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Okay, I got today the terrained map! All the lanes, the jungle, etc is done. Only the two bases are left with their building and spawning pools; but it isn't that important atm.

11. tobyfat50

tobyfat50

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    The map is almost done right? I can't wait to see a update on the thread!
    Looking forward to this since I contributed! Oh and I see you need Screenshots, I will make some and send them to you.

12. Luorax

Luorax

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Well, it's a bit much saying it's almost done, but we're progressing for sure :) In fact, it's playable already, but we still have a lot of things to do; more heroes, more items, a few jungle buffs, an epic jungle monster, balance and I'm planning on optimizing the script even more.

The terrain is 100% done, so I'll update the main thread immediately when we create some recipe items to add pictures of the unique recipe engine to the screenshots as well. I think I'll also make some room for fraps videos on my HDD (my poor 1 TByte HDD has like 5 GBytes free :() and add an in-game video later.

Oh, and Drunken_Jackal, who has the hero workshop will also help us out with hero ideas, so his and toby's name will be added to the main post as well.

13. random.guy27

random.guy27

Resources:
    Resources:
    I think this will become a great map. :)
    If you need ideas, be it Heroes or Item, or even a tester, I could help you out just tell me. :)

14. WaterKnight

WaterKnight

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    May I ask how the healthbars were done? I am planning to include some in my own project as well but am unsure yet what to use as have not found a proper object for 3d-orientated sprites. Lightnings are but those are rendered in another fashion. If you make them pure blue for example, they gain only one third of alpha. Texttags are monochrom. In case you used a model: How does your bar fill? Only doodads are scalable in one direction. Are there animations for it or do you cover it with another texture or are those a set of models queued up?

15. Luorax

Luorax

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Each healthbar is made of 3 models:
    -Background + Level text
    -HP
    -MP

HP and MP have 101 anims, and they're white (so I can set their color in game to fit custom resource types), level has 20.

I'm going to remake the whole main post, plus will add a couple of things as well.

16. Marsal

Marsal

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Seems interdasting.

17. Luorax

Luorax

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Well, the main post is HELLLLA outdated; I wanted to renew it today, but had a lot of things to do, so I could not even finish the 12 new items (I'm working on them right now).

I think I might update it tomorrow, there're a lot of thins to show :) The progress looks quite like this:

Terrain: 100%
    Minions & Creeps: 99%
    Main Systems: 95%
    Heroes: 19/25
    Items: 52/90(?)

So it's going kinda well I think.

18. Luorax

Luorax

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Okay, I've just updated. I'm not that great at creating fancy posts, so I decided to take a template. I've added a lot of new screenshots showing a lot of various features.

19. Drunken_Jackal

Drunken_Jackal

Resources:
    Resources:
    I saw the main post.
    Huge updates :)
    Also, if you still need help in the heroes, im always here.

20. Luorax

Luorax

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Yea, we've been constantly working on it with my friend when we had time; I always wanted to update it, but I always felt like waiting for the next thing to be done (some items, then a huge bunch of items [15 items were made the day before yesterday], hero tooltips, and so forth), but it's here finally.
    Well, my friend finally got the hang of making proper heroes; his 3 latest heroes are all awezum. I've remade one of his older heroes and it's also great now.

What do you think about a CDR stat? I'm thinking of implementing it (I already have one system for it, but it's really old so I'd remake it), but there's one thing I must note: the cooldown won't be displayed properly. So, let's say you have 50% CDR, if you cast an ability with 10 seconds cooldown, its cooldown indicator will start as it had 10 seconds cooldown. The cooldown immediately refreshes after 5 seconds, making it ready to be cast again. So, what do you think about it? Should I implement it? I really miss this stat from League of Legends (and in general), so I'd really like to make it.

Also, it's a shame to see that noone gives a f**k about our project; is it really that bad guys?