1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
  5. The Highway to Hell has been laid open. Come along and participate in the 5th Special Effect Contest.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Duskwood: Chronicles

Discussion in 'Map Development' started by Nan0, Jan 21, 2012.

1. Nan0

Nan0

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hey-ho, dudes ;D
    After so long time, I finally continue my work as modmaker :3

In "My maps" i found old mini-RPG named "Unnamed world''. UW have many interesting things, like dynamic change of textures, weapons-attachments and so on. Since that moment, I began developing of some new oRPG with WIP-name "DuskWood: Chronicles"

So, as i said, it is oRPG, AoS, CtP
    Number of players - 10

I am using some resourses from my project Emperial: IoT and from different Hive and XGM authors
    All of them will be in credits, so dont worry ;D

There are no classes, you can upgrade skills and stats-points as you wants. In the beggining, you just choose main characteristic (Agility, Intelligence..) and tree of skills from many various trees (Mage-Elementalist, Assassin, Scout etc). I'll write about trees a little bit later.

The main battle is the battle between Sandora and Empire
    Game will have at least 2 game modes.
    Dominating - fight against 2 forces. You need, to help your forces to capture most of enemy's points.
    Adventure - 10 players play from one side. They can be friends or fight with each other. The main quest is to kill powerfull boss (like elder dragon or etc)

Version 0.1 will be soon

Sorry for this poor description)

And, ofc, some screenshots:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

WIP demo interface ;D
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I want to hear some interesting ideas or suggestion
    If u want to help me in developing - u are welcome <3

Last edited: Jan 29, 2012
  2. Hexcellion

Hexcellion

Resources:
    Resources:
    The concept's good, but it would require a very big map imo. Having two separate modes for battle, and another mode for adventure would be a bit messy, and hard to do. I'll try to help anyways. And with what do you need help with? I can help with some things though.

And umm.. If you want to recruit members for your map, you could try posting in Project Recruitment, that's where most people post project recruitments.

3. Nan0

Nan0

Resources:
    Resources:
    You can gime me some good ideas
    It will be great help for me
    I dont looking for members. I can make most of things by myself. But if someone will want to help me, why not?

4. Hexcellion

Hexcellion

Resources:
    Resources:
    The screenshots look good, lol. Reminds me of Gaia's Retaliation. Especially the terrain. So how will the item stats be? Stats like in Twilight's Eve? Or Gaia's Retaliation?

5. Nan0

Nan0

Resources:
    Resources:
    I haven't played this map(
    I seen only some screens from Gaia's)

6. Hexcellion

Hexcellion

Resources:
    Resources:
    I mean, what stats would make you imba already? So I could toss in some item ideas or somethin'

7. Nan0

Nan0

Resources:
    Resources:
  8. Nan0

Nan0

Resources:
    Resources:
    WIP demo interface ;D
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 25, 2012
  9. Hexcellion

Hexcellion

Resources:
    Resources:
    So, need members on your team? I could help with ideas, testing, balancing, and stuff. I could also do a lil' triggering unless it's in Jass, which I presume it is to be coded in. But I'm good better with brainstorming ideas, finding bugs (testing), and balancing the heroes.

10. Nan0

Nan0

Resources:
    Resources:
    The map in rus languange now)
    If this is not a big problem for you - u are welcome)

11. Nan0

Nan0

Resources:
    Resources:
  12. tobyfat50

tobyfat50

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    You have to many light in the map which make the terrain, look nasty (the square light interference on the ground)! try to remove any unnecessary ones. The rest looks good, keep going!

13. Nan0

Nan0

Resources:
    Resources:
    Thx fro advice
    I am looking for new concept of the arena
    Can anyone give some good screenshots from some games?