• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Pokemon Chronicles!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
SO, I HOPE YOU DON'T USE THE FILESIZE EXCUSE TO NOT INCLUDE POKEMON MUSIC

I WONT ACCEPT POKEMON WITHOUT POKEMON THEMES! xD

Haha, like I said: I'd really like to include, but even if I can somehow get an entire game's worth of music down to just 1.2 MB (which is already pretty unrealistic), that's still a very large chunk of my 8 MB max.

Or THIS: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCPpvFH1fgg&feature=plcp
Pokemon Reorchestrated(PREO) by skotein. It's epic, check his channel for other Pokemon Orchestral Music. Done by a real orchestra.

Wow, this is seriously sweet stuff, thanks for the find!

Level 6
Haha, like I said: I'd really like to include, but even if I can somehow get an entire game's worth of music down to just 1.2 MB (which is already pretty unrealistic), that's still a very large chunk of my 8 MB max.

Wow, this is seriously sweet stuff, thanks for the find!

Btw, I can optimize mp3 files for you. For example, I once optimized a 2mb file into just a few hundred kb. Without losing much of its audial quality. And if you're gonna make models realistic, please don't make the pokemon look creepy or disgusting or scary, I mean, they're not supposed to be like that. And I can give/sketch you or the modeler some ideas about realistic pokemon. And if you search the net, there are some good ones that look realistic but doesn't ruin the pokemon's cuteness or original, memorable look.

Level 5
Here's a look at Caterpie and Metapod!

010caterpie.png

011metapod.png

Level 16

I Successfully converted "Champion Battle!" for 15.4MB --> 1.3 MB,

and "Wild Pokemon (Kanto)" for 10.4MB --> 963 kb.

Audacity and Lame Encoder did the magic ;)

Tell me if you want me to send it.

Quality at its finest(16k+ Ghz), & Mp3 Format

MuAHAHAHA, NEXT TO IMPOSSIBLE? CALL ME MIRACLE ;)

Last edited:
Level 5
I Successfully converted "Champion Battle!" for 15.4MB --> 1.3 MB,

and "Wild Pokemon (Kanto)" for 10.4MB --> 963 kb.

Audacity and Lame Encoder did the magic ;)

Tell me if you want me to send it.

Quality at its finest(16k+ Ghz), & Mp3 Format

MuAHAHAHA, NEXT TO IMPOSSIBLE? CALL ME MIRACLE ;)

You can post them here and I'll take a listen, but I won't make any promises. 10.4MB>963KB is an amazing transformation, but that's still 2MB for TWO songs. That's a quarter of my maximum filesize for the map for two songs. Can you see why I'm hesitant to add music? :p

Level 5
While waiting for the next major update, here are some brand new screenies of Blackwell in its final development stages.

bw3o.png

Blackwell's architectures reaches high into the mountains, where its steeples and spires illuminate the sky above the city.

bw2.png

The hundred steps up to the Life Tree give a perfect view of the city across the narrow river.

bw1q.png

A view of Blackwell from the Aviary-- even from afar, Blackwell's glow can be seen.

Level 17
I am absolutely loving this project! The terrain is truly beautiful. I remember your old project, mango. The terrain in that one was also quite remarkable. Looking forward to seeing some more of the Pokemon.

Level 5
I am absolutely loving this project! The terrain is truly beautiful. I remember your old project, mango. The terrain in that one was also quite remarkable. Looking forward to seeing some more of the Pokemon.

Thanks Wolfe! I can tell you that means a lot, as I'm an avid fan of your Everwood Project.

And I'm glad you remember my Dreamers Project! That project has taken a ton of turns, but it's still something I'd like to finish. Pokemon Chronicles, however, is my primary focus as I'm able to release this in portions, making my goals much more feasible. Unfortunately for the Dreamers Projects, my progress is just too slow to keep a thread updated.

As an update: I'm back at work here after taking a short time off. I just passed some life-changing moments in my life, so a break was needed.

Level 5
How is this coming along?

I just finished (finally) the terrain for the next playable update.
Which is MAJOR PROGRESS.

Next, I'd like to finish a few quests, namely some original quests that I already made big progress on for the earlier playable area but I've since found are bugged. Not sure if I'll get around to adding quests to the Blackwell area in order to push that update out, but I'd like to. We'll see what time allows me to do.

Finally, a handful of new Pokemon to play around with.

That's the plan, I'll try to keep you better updated on how I'm doing!

Level 12
Will the quests be actual quests that drive the story, if you have one as well? Or are they simply a means of earning EXP?

IMO, quests should let the player get more in tune with the region they're in, like the original pokemon games, such as the Silph Co. Crisis or the Safari Zone Warden's Lost Gold Tooth. EXP can be earned by challenging other trainers.

But excellent job as usual!

BTW, I suggest you update your first post. Or at least have some links to the posts which contain updates.

Level 5
Will the quests be actual quests that drive the story, if you have one as well? Or are they simply a means of earning EXP?

IMO, quests should let the player get more in tune with the region they're in, like the original pokemon games, such as the Silph Co. Crisis or the Safari Zone Warden's Lost Gold Tooth. EXP can be earned by challenging other trainers.

But excellent job as usual!

BTW, I suggest you update your first post. Or at least have some links to the posts which contain updates.

Yes, quests are very story-oriented, and will be very involved. Quests will function to lead you to new areas and gyms, as well as simply tell you a little bit of lore and history. Of course, you can skip the quests and just grind out your training against other trainers too.

Now, I'm very excited to introduce our first community-created Pokemon! These are entirely new Pokemon that may make an appearance in Pokemon Chronicles -- either in this form or adjusted for the game. Both are completely Drunken_Jackal's ideas, so a very big thank you to him!

So please take a look at Huntowl and Birizard, and let these inspire your imaginations for your own ideas for abilities and lore for any of the original 150 Pokemon or your own creation!

Huntowl - Flying
Abilities:

Agility - No Target
Huntowl increases his base Movement Speed by 80 and Attack Speed by 10%. Lasts 10 seconds.
Range: 0
Cooldown: 20 seconds

Hone Claws - No Target
Huntowl increases his Accuracy by 20% and Attack Damage by 20.

Slash - Type of Target
The target is attacked with a slash of claws or blades. Critical hits land more easily. Deals X Damage.
Range: 128
Cooldown: 12 seconds
Notes: Has a 55% Critical Hit Chance.

Creep - No Target
The next spell of this Pokemon immediately becomes Dark-typed.
Cooldown: 24 seconds
Notes: Doesnt change damage or anything.

Chip Away - No Target
Looking for an opening, the user strikes continually. The target's stat changes don't affect this attack's damage. Deals X Damage.
Notes: Ignores Evasion, Armor and other factors.

Pokemon Ability:
Indimidate - Passive
Lowers all units within a 200 point radius near the user's attack by 10%.
Notes: Ignores Evasion, Armor and other factors.

Huntowl takes a role of a Physical Sweeper. He would He can spam his move Agility and Hone Claws then use moves such as Slash and Chip Away. Creep is a very useful move which makes the attribute of the next spell to Dark. This way, he can deal with Ghost types easier.

Birizard - Ice/Flying
Abilities:

Agility - No Target
Huntowl increases his base Movement Speed by 80 and Attack Speed by 10%. Lasts 10 seconds.

Ice Fang - Unit Target
The user bites with cold-infused fangs. It may also make the target flinch or leave it frozen. Deals moderate damage.

Icicle Crash - Unit Target
The user cloaks himself with a large veil of ice and crashes at the target unit. Deals heavy damage, but also damages the user himself. May leave the target flinched.
Range: 128
Cooldown: 36 seconds
Notes: Has a 25% Critical Hit Chance and 30% Damage recoil.

Whirlwind - Point Target
The user lashes out a large gust of wind, knocking back all target units. It slows them upon finishing the knock back.

Offense - No Target
The user focuses his own Attack stat, lowering is Sp Def and Defense stat.
Cooldown: 12 seconds
Notes: Rocks with Defiant. Gives him a double bonus.

Pokemon Ability:
Defiant - Passive
This Pokemons attack increases as all its stats are lowered by X%.
Cooldown: 0 seconds

Evolution of Huntowl if he levels up (Should be 35 or up) with a Icy Feather. Has better Sp. Def and Speed than Huntowl. He becomes a beast with Defiant and if Offense is used. Birizard has mostly Physical moves, which his Attack Stat improves greatly.

Although his previous counterpart is known for his Dark-typed moves, Birizard sports Ice-types moves. Birizard is a better Physical Sweeper than Huntowl, but he only has Ice-Typed moves.

Status
Not open for further replies.