• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Pokemon Map

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17

ANOTHER POKEMON MAP (NAME NEEDED, OPEN FOR SUGGESTIONS)

Description: This is a "pokemon world" based map, that means, you have your trainer and you can catch 3 different pokemons
on a 255x255 map. The map is splitted into elements (like in pokemon world), there is a forest region, fire region, .....
After you catched your pokemon, you have to level them against wild pokemon or other trainer. Between that there are PvP arena events where
you can recieve gold to buy items for your pokemons. And of course there is a last battle. The winner will win the whole game.
I would describe this map as a "remake of pokemon world"

Features:
-Catch and Release System
-Custom Pokemon Models and Icons for all Pokemons
-PvP Arena
-4 Custom Skills for each Pokemon (similar to real Pokemon game)
-New Stats System (Attack/Speed/Defense instead of Str/Agi/Int)

Progress done for first release:
Pokemon: [IIIIIIIIII]
Map Design: [IIIIIIIIII]
Items: [IIIIIIIIII]
System: [IIIIIIIIII]

Pokemons and Screenshots:
Until now, i did some Pokemons (Bulbasaur/Ivysaur/Venusaur /// Squirtle/Wartortle/Blastoise /// Diglett/Dugtrio)
I will add a description to every Pokemon later!

204016-albums5734-picture60133.png

204016-albums5734-picture60134.png

204016-albums5734-picture60135.png

Last edited:
Level 2
insteed of haveing it like in the original pokemon world whit a max level 10 you could make it max level 100 to make it more about rushing your pokemon to level up. so people will buy these level up books etc. since pokemon world now is all about getting money/wood to buy books/random items

Level 17
y its already lvl100 max, pokemon evolve on the original level (ivysaur --> venusaur lvl 32

EDIT: The gameplay will be MUCH better than in pokemon world, theres also another mana system:
every pokemon got 5 mana and every skill costs 5 mana. basically the mana regenerates 0.6 per second, but Speed (Agility) increases the mana-regeneration, that means speed makes u more faster in casting abilities.
you also need much strategy when u fight against someone else. for example diglet got, of course, dig as ability. he shovels into the earth (while that hes invunerable) and after 1.5 sec he slams a random unit within 800 range, so you can evade skills like solar beam, which have a channel time.

Last edited:
Level 17
well, ill do all of them, but until now id start with charmander ;)

EDIT: I need some help with that project
What i need:
- Someone who is good in map designing (i rly suck in that part)
- Someone who knows something about models (Reducing filesize, fixing portraits....)
- And of course i need some guys that give me some suggestions

Level 9
Make it english. Please? And also make the moves have PP.
And instead of Attack, Defense and Speed, add: Special. Int. Increases damage of moves.
Also, I think Dig is too Imbalanced. I mean, high speed = Dig, appear , Dig, appear.
How about using Rock Throw instead?

Pokemon : Origins.
I mean. COME ON!
Story line:
Vincent, a young boy who is eager and very smart, together with Professor Sett Hernandez, a wild scientist who was very good at machines, invented a device, a device that can overwhelm people young and old. It was the : Pokeball. After years of hard work Sett finally achieves his goal, and Vincent, was the first trainer. Vincent traveled to and fro, giving children free samples of pokeball, with a smile, those who already captured their own Pokemon challenges Vincent, thus the opening of pokemon battles. Months past and Pokeball was a very trendy thing. Children even adults enjoy this gadget, cheap but very precious to anyone, scattered among throughout Kanto, making Pokemon a new sport, even a tournament. Because of this a stadium was being built, The Indigo Plateau, in honor of Sett's mother Indigo Hernandez. Afterwhich, years has past when Sett is very rich because of his device, he stares at the window of his house knowing that his time is coming, and he cannot pass his knowledge. His blood pressure is running low, and doctors cannot find a cure, it was only three weeks, says the doctors, three weeks before his death. After Sett died, world is filled with grief, they cannot accept, but they do not know that hidden in his house is a writings of new experiments, something that will revolutionize the people. Giovanni, leader of TR(Team Rocket) was a tricky man who set up an illegal research of the writings of Professor Sett, the MASTER BALL.
Now the Rockets has finally finished the Prototype, making them invincible. In the Indigo Plateau they stand and waiting for challengers.
Can you stand up for the challenge? CAN YOU STOP THE TEAM ROCKET?
-------
This explains why there is only one last masterball left in the Saffron City. The trainers in this map will destroy the masterballs but Giovanni will hide one, hoping that he can copy the writings again, but he failed.

Level 17
ty for your suggestions and feedback, map will be english, and u cant spam dig cause ur mana have to be regenerated until u can cast it again, and the damage is not that high.
well int = speed right?, and i got only 3 slots for stats :(

EDIT: Im working on a better missle system, if i finish it, ill start with making pokemons

EDIT: Missle System is ready, thanks to spartipilo who helped me, now i can start creating pokemon!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.