• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Pokemon World: Evolution - Spell Triggerer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Pokemon World: Evolution

What is this?
Hello my name is Darkxs, and I am the creator of Pokemon World: Evolution. A map pretty much like the Pokemon World that Coke888, Seven-Up, eMoo and FFMaster made. But the difference is that I am going to make many more spell, Pokemons and mysteries to use, catch and solve.

How do you play?
You can catch up to 6 Pokemons, from 7 different places in the map.
The Forest which contains Grass type Pokemons.
The City which is the place to buy items/tomes.
The Plains which contains Normal type Pokemons.
The Mountain which contains Rock type Pokemons.
The Beach which contains Water type Pokemons.
The Powerplant/dump which contains Electric type Pokemons.
The Burning Forest/Volcano which contains Fire type Pokemons.
The Decaying Forres/Swamp which contains Psychic type Pokemons.
A Pokemon will evolve in level 4 and 8. The MAX leavel for a Pokemon is 10. When the timer goes out, an tournament between the 2 to 6 players will begin, the player that wins this tournament, will be the winner of the game. There is going to be most of the first 151 Pokemons in the map (But I am already planning on adding even more, in an later version) In the first version there is only going to be tomes, for the heroes/Pokemons, but in an later version I will add items too. The abilities/spells is going to be the same as the onse from the game.

Why do you need help?
I need help with the making of spells, because of I can’t make jass or vjass triggers. And the spells I want for the map simply can’t be made with normal triggers.

How far are am I?
I am still working hard on the map every day.
The Forrest and City has been made.
17 Pokemons has been made so far.
About 12% has been done.

So if you are interested in making some spells for me (in this map) when ill tell you to, and get credits for your work. Let me know! :thumbs_up:

Last edited:
Level 7
Why do you need help?
I need help with the making of spells, because of I can’t make jass, vjass or GUI triggers. And the spells I want for the map simply can’t be made with normal triggers.

Sorry to be a bother, but GUI is what you call "normal triggers" ..it stands for general user interface i believe. It's basically creating a code and masking it with an easy to understand interface.

Level 16
Excuse me, but i hope this is not what i think it is,,
I would like to get to know more about this project
Since you could be my concurention >=D
Have a look at my Thread ^^,,

But now i got some questions:
1) You capture some Pokémon and then fight in some epic battle?
2) You do not walk through the game as if it was a real Pokémon world, right? (With Professor, Gyms and so on?)
3) Omg, i remember the Pokémon world games now xD,, I hope this is not going to be an cheap immitation of that?
4) Will it be like the original Pokémon World that you release your Pokémon and use the normal Attack to attack an other Pokémon?
5) I got no further questions so far ^^,, can you give us any preview?

Oh, and i think the least we could do to each other is give each other ideas, since we both make a Pokémon Map! ^^

Level 7
Ahh hello Yixx I just knew that you would contact me about this :)
1. You catch up to 6 Pokemons and train them. When the time is out the tournament will begin. So you have to make them strong during the time before the tournament.
2. No this is not a RPG like the one you are working on. I like your ide by the way! :) But my map is an online map, so it's more like a hero arena.
3. Nope of cause not. That is why I am looking for an Spell triggerer, to make the advanced spells I want. I am just using the names from the old games :p
4. No. It would be like a normal WC3 battel. You got your auto-attack, spells, mana and so on.
5. I can show some pictures of my map when i am done with the City.
Ill hope to hear more from you and maby even discuss Pokemon map related stuff.
But don't worry. This is not a map like the one you are making. Oh and in case you wonder. I am not copying your ide, this was a project that was paused for long time ago, you can ask Vercas if you do not believe me.

Level 16
Hehe ^^,,
I am relieved that im not getting any concurention (yet),,
Well, i liked the original Pokémon games, they played well, but they lacked some gameplay that made me play it over and over,,
I hope yours is not gonna lack that one =)

Oh, and if you have any Pokémon models, i would like to know, or any ideas for them, since i have a HUGE lack of them xD

Level 7
Well I am using only WC3 models for my map, bucause of if you have just 1 Pokemon model, and then use WC3 models. The Pokemon models will make the WC3 models look bad. And there is not many Pokemon models out there.
Here is all of them i know:
WarCraft Unlimited :: View topic - Model Index (Note - Is actually being worked on)

(The Pokeball2 model is a great model and very useful for both of us, but the problem with the model is that it is very small -.-'')

Level 16
Well, if you think it is small, make it a unit, give it storm crow form, and change its model size ^^,, this way you can change its height, size, place and even color ^^

I would like to know what model you use for the trainer? Just a man/villager/kid model?

Level 7
Hehe no they are so boring... I am using bloodmage/kael.

(Ohh! And there is a Pickachu and Onix on Hiveworkshop. I by the way have some great looking and selfmade Icons of Pokeballs in red, blue, yellow, orange, purple and green :p)

Level 35
Ah, just noticed this post. Good to see Yixx has started talking to you. I am Yixx's primary partner in the Pokemon project and come up with the bulk of ideas of how to make the game good.

Yeah, I've seen the Onix one myself, looks a little cartoony but gets the job done (I s'pose). Used to play Pokemon World myself. I got quite addicted to it for a bit until I got sick of using the same Pokemon over and over (I would at least go for Beedrill, Machamp or Magnet-dude-third-evolution) since they would be FTW in the final battle lol. It got to the point where I would just use 1 one the 3 and tank it up as much as possible while other players attempted to get a more even team.

You speak as though your map is the online version and ours is not. Luckily, I had a smashing idea. After thinking about how I wanted to play a Single-Player game but also wanted to compete in a Multi-player game, I thought why not have both? So, Yixx and I knocked our heads together and came up with this: There is an extensively long Single-Player game in the campaign which will save your progress as you go along. Then, there will be another Multi-player map in which your saved progress will be loaded to compete against other players. Perfect for LAN and Battle.NET (Compete against your friends and/or people you will never meet ;D).

Well, you seek a spell-maker, do you? There's a couple of moderators I know, very friendly to talk to if you can get a hold of them. There's Paladon and Hanky. Hanky is a spell-moderator while Paladon uses a whole lot of GUI based triggers (which he uses proficiently and to absolute perfection). I know there are things that can't be done with GUI, but how often will you need those things for spells? Anyway, perhaps you could try and get a hold of one of them?

Level 7
WOW! That would be TOTAl awsome redscores! Can you give me your MSN or skype so I can call you when the time for making the spells is right?

Level 7
I have added you now, it says you are offline so give me a call when you are ready. So we can make sure that the communication is working :)

Status
Not open for further replies.