• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Acoa Team Defense 1.1

Acoa Team Defense

1-4 player cooperative defense map where players attempt to survive 15 rounds against waves of enemies while protecting the Arcane Observatory.

Playable in reforged or classic.

This map was my take on an Art of Defense style map. It draws inspiration from many other AoD maps but I tried to add a few unique features and capture what I thought were my favorite elements of this style of map.

So what's different about this map?

4 Custom Races
-Players can choose between the standard 4 races or between 4 fully custom races (Naga, Demon, Icebound, and Nomad), each with their own custom Heroes, units, buildings, upgrades, etc...

4 Difficulties
-Player 1 can select between Easy, Normal, Hard, and Impossible difficulties which affect enemy unit stats like attack speed, move speed, and max health.

A dynamic Challenge Mode
-Challenge Mode is a mode that can be enabled or disabled at any time and on any difficulty. When enabled, it adds an extra challenge to each round by adding special "challenge units" (essentially mini-bosses) which will give a small gold reward when killed.

Optional quests that provide unique rewards
-Slay a dragon to permanently increase the damage of all allied units, destroy a golem to gain passive gold income, save a captured goblin shredder to gather wood for you, and many more optional challenges are available.

Player Scaling
-Enemy spawns will dynamically adjust based on the number of players in the game. When a player leaves, their units will be removed, but fewer enemies will spawn.

Credits:
-Tuskarr Worker model and Razormane Worker model made by Garfield from Hiveworkshop.
-Hero glow aura made by Ayane from Hiveworkshop.
-Altar of the Beast (Quilboar Altar of Agamaggan) model made by Mister_Haudrauf from Hiveworkshop.

Contents

Acoa Team Defense 1.1 (Map)

Reviews
deepstrasz
Abilities like Identify Weak Spot should have passive looking icons. Either find a custom replacement or turn it into passive with: Button Manager v1.8.2 Generally, try not using the same icon for multiple things. Custom races are not really custom...

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
Abilities like Identify Weak Spot should have passive looking icons. Either find a custom replacement or turn it into passive with: Button Manager v1.8.2
Generally, try not using the same icon for multiple things.
Custom races are not really custom but a mix of neutral and original factions.
Promote is a buggy ability (too many dependencies for it to work properly) and too specific (just one exact unit as the target; forces the player to use that unit).
Could think of some hero names other than having Ice Troll Chieftain as both the hero and unit names.

It's a nice concept and all but very reliant on original game mechanics.

Approved.

If you want more reviews, you should participate in the The Grand Review Exchange!

R U L E S

Site Rules
Map Submission Rules

M A P - D E S C R I P T I O N
BB CODES
BB Codes | HIVE

MELEE MAPS
Description Guide - Melee Maps
Describing Your Melee Map
Melee Map Description Generator v1.3

MAPS IN GENERAL
The importance of a Description
Description Guide - Maps
Map Thread Guide
Map Description Making: Good & Bad
Map Description - Templates
Map Description Generator [1.2]

How to Add a Screenshot to your Map Description

ADDITIONAL NECESSARY INFORMATION
  • A credits list in the map thread description is required where the names of the resource (models, skins, icons, spells, sound etc.) authors are mentioned along with the specific resource. It would be a luxury to have links leading to the used resources. Credits in the Quest Log would be appreciated too.
  • A detailed changelog in the first post would be helpful to reviewers and notify fans about the newest implementations to your map.
  • Map thread tags are important. Please use those that fit and not more or none.

M A P - C R E A T I O N - G U I D E S

If you're not satisfied with the review and wish another opinion, contact the other reviewers or use the staff contact:
https://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/staff-contact.692/

Level 4
Abilities like Identify Weak Spot should have passive looking icons. Either find a custom replacement or turn it into passive with: Button Manager v1.8.2
Generally, try not using the same icon for multiple things.
Custom races are not really custom but a mix of neutral and original factions.
Promote is a buggy ability (too many dependencies for it to work properly) and too specific (just one exact unit as the target; forces the player to use that unit).
Could think of some hero names other than having Ice Troll Chieftain as both the hero and unit names.

1.1 updated.
-Many abilities given new icons, including custom passive abilities.
-Several custom Heroes have new/different abilities.
-Promote ability (Ice Troll Chieftain) replaced with a new ultimate.
-Custom heroes now have custom/unique names