• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

aCoA's Team Defense

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Summary: This is a 1-4 player team defense map where players build (mostly) standard melee units and defend against waves of enemies.

Detailed Explanation: This map was inspired by various Art of Defense style maps from classic WC3. While I have dabbled with the editor in the past this is by far the closest I have gotten to "completing" a map on my own. The concept is very simple, a team of 1-4 players defends against progressively more difficult waves of enemies while building modified melee units. The players must protect the arcane observatory located near the bottom, middle of the map. There are currently 15 waves, with every 5th wave being a boss wave.

Player 1 may select one of three difficulties (easy, normal, hard). Any player may also type "-challengeon" to activate Challenge mode. While this is active, each round will spawn bonus Challenge Units at the end of the round (the number of units depending on the number of players). This will make each round more difficult, however these Challenge Units will give each player a gold bounty when killed. Challenge mode can be activated on any difficulty and can also be deactivated at any time by typing "-challengeoff".

Note: Naga was added as a playable race in version 0.24. The Naga Sea Witch is no longer a tavern hero and is now a full-time Naga hero.​

Future Goals:
  • Improve balancing and make difficulty more consistent throughout.
  • Improve the Naga race.
  • Add more features to make the map more fun + improve replayability. I am open to any and all suggestions + feedback.

Screenshots:

Changelog:
0.27: first version uploaded to hive

Attachments

• aCoA's Team Defense Beta v0.27.w3m
    166.4 KB · Views: 24
Status
Not open for further replies.