• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Role Playing Game] Acheron

On which RPG Genre this project should be focused the most?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
So because I have never released a game (Such as CS:GO, Dragon Age, etc) I may not say that a game is boring?

OT: No ETA?
I'm not saying you can not voice your oppinion, but at least show the man some respect by giving reasons for your judgement.

It's generally a good advice to follow such statements with a "because of X/Y/Z".

Level 6
Chaosy has perfect right to says what he thinks.

==> I love childrens I think they are sexy.

However, since I'm working on this project, there's no way this game will be boring ^^

Level 4
That is really cool that you can change these ingame, I did not know that before. I thought players were forced to go through the hassle of unit model morphing. It partly appears morphing can be replaced with this easily. :)

Oh and looking forward to that tutorial, A_Void.

Here is quite the final basic hero model. Darkened the skin and made the cape dark blue with some holes, looks quite okay I suppose. Henched back could be interpreted in many good ways, but still it doesn't feel very good though.

Another thing I do not like is the WoW style. I begin to hate those over-bulked and fat arms / legs models, it looks just bad (for me).

flNqkqt.png

Aproject, i have to agree with A Void.
This model fits the theme of your map perfectly, but he looks rather villainous, his forearms are too big, his belly is not sixpack, and he has a rather humped back.

Model could be better with longer legs, slimmer forearms, straight back, really toned muscles, and battle scars. The scars are necessary! I can't stress this enough but to be awfully honest with you - once you add scars to your model you will realize that the previous model looks like a spartan butcher more than a spartan warrior that you will see after you add scars!

Level 31
I agree hero would look more heroic that way, but that is not really the impression I and Molaf are trying to achieve, because hero will not be the great Hero, he will have an option to be a great hero during the game though, but without spoiling too much this guy will start as a villain. :) As for scars, these are rather problematic, because skin of this model is symetrical, so each scar will be doubled, unless it is rewarped which yet I do not know how to do. Thank you on your take. :)

Level 4
I agree hero would look more heroic that way, but that is not really the impression I and Molaf are trying to achieve, because hero will not be the great Hero, he will have an option to be a great hero during the game though, but without spoiling too much this guy will start as a villain. :) As for scars, these are rather problematic, because skin of this model is symetrical, so each scar will be doubled, unless it is rewarped which yet I do not know how to do. Thank you on your take. :)

Warpaints then :D
Or put like X scar or V shaped scar on the chest?

Level 3
Everything is beauty but you forget that you are working on Warcraft engine, and the amount of doodads you always use, just like Iceborn, cause A LOT of visual lag. You use models with too much polygons and abuse of the amount of doodads in the same área.

Level 6
I think he released Iceborn when Iceborn is in late beta, few more things to fix but the game can be completed without major problem. I finished the game before he release the fixes.

Iceborn is focused more on Narrative, so I think this is the last rpg he will release, therefore Dungeon should not be neglected, since last few RPG released less focus on Dungeon, but the Narrative part must be retained as this is a single player RPG, which Narrative always comes first. So in my opnion, both should be equally done.

About the release date, since your supporters are tired of waiting, I think it is the best if you release it during early beta, but it is all depends on your choice. I believe your supporters won't give up on waiting for this great project.

Lastly, I offer my greatest support to this project, and greatest appreciate for what you have made, APproject.

Last edited:
Level 6
I think he released Iceborn when Iceborn is in late beta, few more things to fix but the game can be completed without major problem. I finished the game before he release the fixes.

Iceborn is focused more on Narrative, so I think this is the last rpg he will release, therefore Dungeon should not be neglected, since last few RPG released less focus on Dungeon, but the Narrative part must be retained as this is a single player RPG, which Narrative always comes first. So in my opnion, both should be equally done.

About the release date, since your supporters are tired of waiting, I think it is the best if you release it during early beta, but it is all depends on your choice. I believe your supporters won't give up on waiting for this great project.

Lastly, I offer my greatest support to this support, and greatest appreciate for what you have made, APproject.

clint-eastwood.jpg

Level 31
Thanks. :)

@laserdemon, Thank you for your kind words. :) I released it as a fully complete version, sadly it still had some bugs, but not as much as Seth's Reign had, it was a disaster at the beginning. This one will focus more on Dungeon than the rest of my works, but indeed I will try to focus more on balancing both sides equally this time. :)

I actually fear that development of this project will take much longer than expected, I simply tend to grasp things on bigger and bigger scale and this eats way too much time, also next year is the last year for my studies, so it will also require more time than usual and then job appears, but I hope not to fail, yet scaling things down I guess will be a must. As for the early release of beta and such, it is impossible right now, but if things going to get really tough in the next year, I will think about it.

Level 31
I decided to release Beta version of the game. There is still lots to be done before the release, but I am planning to release the game with about 50-60% of content completed. I am working on this for about 2 years, of course there has been many long pauses, but it is under development for that long.

The size of the game I am trying to grasp right now is really big, initially current amount of gameplay should stand for 30% of content, but I am willing to minimize it all, calling it 50-60%. I do not have enough time to work on this as I used to, I also have 6 months to release Beta (after 6 months I will gain Bachelor degree and a job most likely), I think I will do it without rushing. I do not know about the future of another half of the map, I will see how things are after 6 months, yet I do have many plans for that part of the map, so I wish to complete it.

Even if Beta will be released with 50-60% of content, I am pretty sure player will have at least decent several hours of good RPG action. Also 3 difficulty modes with slight shifts in game will make it more replayable.

Still much to be done before the release, one more area needs to be developed, also previous areas needs adding more stuff, also cinematics are still missing, plenty of work for Beta alone. Also Wcundergrounds WoW Rips section is gone, this will be a huge killer for the future of the project, but I can always improvise as I learn to come up with models myself.

So I am planning to release Beta version in a period of 6 months, it can happen anytime in this period, the faster - the better of course. I deem this as bad news, hehe.

Are you able to rip WoW characters with full animations? I never managed to do it properly. I may contect you if I find myself in a need. Thank you. :)

I know how to do that, it's quite easy. But the problem is that I don't have WoW game to extract models from. :/

Level 6
Bad news indeed, another 6 months of waiting. :D Good luck.

Also, I hope that the problem of the game crashing every several minutes is solved in this map. 'Cause that's 90% of the reason I can't finish Iceborn.

Level 31
I feel currently occupied by diploma project which will eat at least a month or two, it is really hard to predict anything, I guess it would be best not to spread false hopes about the release date, it is just way too complicated, but I want to do it this year though.

Have you tried 1.9 version of Iceborn, Silva? It has some major leaks fixed that caused lots of crashes. As for this project, I do follow the memory taken by the game when I develope new areas and new codes, so far so good, no crashes yet. :)

Level 31
Some update. I appeared to have some free time and a mood to get to work. Currently designing an area which is the dwelling place of Cerberus that protects the gate of Hell. Basically those gates teleports hero into Asphodel Meadows. As usual there will be a quest concerning Cerberus that includes typical 3 choices to go with. In case player is not going to be able to deal with the quest, one might just go through the gate and skip it, more difficult modes may require to finish those quests just to give a slight edge provided by reward.

RH1AMoc.jpg

Lighting glows are edgy and seem to cut the terrain, but it can't be done better on a playable terrain, so I will stick with it. Also Cerberus seems a bit colorful, but I persoanlly think it looks better this way, adds more mystery this way, also looks a bit better on darker terrain.

Reactions: San
Lighting glows are edgy and seem to cut the terrain, but it can't be done better on a playable terrain, so I will stick with it.

Actually it can be fixed, open your lightning glow model in Magos Model Editor > Material Manager, select your material and add flags: No Depth Test.

Your glow will have no depth, it will pass trough objects like it should (like x-ray). It is especially very useful for interface models.

For more effect, make your glow Billboarded (always facing camera).

Also Cerberus seems a bit colorful, but I persoanlly think it looks better this way, adds more mystery this way, also looks a bit better on darker terrain.

I don't like his colors (materials), it doesn't fit the atmosphere. Those red and magenta colors on him.

Level 31
Actually it can be fixed,
Really? I will give it a shot, thanks for letting me know. :)
I don't like his colors (materials),
But it is quite nice to see some shiny stuff out of the dark, I may adjust the skin though, it was just a first quick go.

EDIT: Edited the lighting and completed the surrounding environment. Gates of Cerberus, or Gates to the Underworld. Erebus, in which current gameplay takes place, is already an Underworld, but souls needs to cross river Styx and go through the gates that are protected by Cerberus in order to enter meadows where they shall dwell. Great souls goes from there to Elysium, bad souls to Tartarus, masses stays at meadows.
UyKoFfW.png

Level 6
Here is a few character design. The monsters you will encounter in the game such as gargoyles, harpies, ghosts and more.

PLhealo.jpg
Kqo4MNV.jpg
LQnsqvn.jpg
XpRZLhJ.jpg
5OKdXZY.jpg
ERVml0P.jpg
glSqsmm.jpg

Of course this is just a pretty display. There is many enemies you may never encounter because of all the secret areas you're going to miss ;)

Level 31
Oh man, looks pretty good. I will need those images on high resolution, considering those were made by hand, I guess you could use some ordinary scanner with max quality set, this makes a huge image. Later I will also send you more images of real enemies. Well done so far. :)

Level 31
Thanks, guys. :)

A tiny model update. So I started with regular vrykul with fur and stuff on his back for the main Hero, then I decided to upgrade it with new animations and new texture, so I went for Vrykul spartan-like looks, and now for the third time I am chaning the main model of the hero.

Just recently I learned how to rip Diablo 3 models, so I got a Barbarian with some neat melee fighting animations, changed the skin into ex-spartan prisoner look, I am pretty sure it will be even better than previous choices despite a slight resemblance of a barbarian. Armor and weapons will be added throughout the game, so this is just a naked looks.

PwIqwNC.png

Level 8
Thanks, guys. :)

A tiny model update. So I started with regular vrykul with fur and stuff on his back for the main Hero, then I decided to upgrade it with new animations and new texture, so I went for Vrykul spartan-like looks, and now for the third time I am chaning the main model of the hero.

Just recently I learned how to rip Diablo 3 models, so I got a Barbarian with some neat melee fighting animations, changed the skin into ex-spartan prisoner look, I am pretty sure it will be even better than previous choices despite a slight resemblance of a barbarian. Armor and weapons will be added throughout the game, so this is just a naked looks.

PwIqwNC.png

I like his confused face,looks funny ;p

Level 31
Not much really. Just recently I recieved my bachelor's degree and having a job interview on monday, hopefully starting to work next week, so at start I might be really busy. I had some free time, tried to work on it, but that moment I just did not feel much of motivation.

Still needs to finish one side quest, Cerberus quest and design Cerberus battle, then one major chapter of the game is complete. Still wondering if I should release once I hit that mark, or should I countinue without premature releases.

Status
Not open for further replies.