• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Project: Acheron

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Heya, this time me again. Since im working on my second, or maybe first project, i would like to hear Yours ideas!
It was unknown day, and i was working on my map. But then, my dad was coming back at time when PC should be shut off, so i bruttaly turned off pc. After 1hour, i started PC again, and wualah- my map was screwed up and unable to open. i asked somebody to recover it on this forum, but however nobody helped. But i must admit that because of this i finnaly made my own "Race" and so on. but ulucky i dont remember some places on that map...

Acheron!
Yep. just as the very cold continent somewhere where penguins smith their plans. But as first:

Summary:
Map type: Strategy, Diplomacy, Hero camping and surviving.And castle defense.
About Map: 180X212 playable.
Tileset: Northrend and Icecrown glacier.
Players: 10Players, and 2computers.
Loading screen: Yet, none. But ill probably make map, something like in original WC3 campaing. or something icy...
And map template, totally incomplete:http://yfrog.com/jqmapog
Concept: Conquest of Acheron will be "all-in-one" map. You start with one hero and small army, and with- Tiny Tent in inventory. You can change diplomacies with other friends, complete "Quests" to expand your party with renegade heroes, and gain few Powerfull Devastating artefacts of BOOM.
When you choose the "Right spot", you can build your Campsite there. (like Build tiny barracks spell).
You can expand your campsite with War tent, Barracks, Storeroom and later with Warmage guild and Lunaris camp. You can upgrade your tent like town hall, what allows you to expand your camp with more buildings and hire additional heroes. Also, you can train workers to mine gold (they cant build, only repair and mine), and units to help in your battle.

You can hire additional heroes, but every hero you add to your party, your XP gain decreases, and you have to share your XP. Also, i must admit that my heroes dont have very custom spells. Yet, i created around 20+custom heroes.Unlucky, i dont know how to trigger spells very much. But as i say:
If you have hero with Flame strike and invisibility, and second one with siphon mana and critical strike. You have two lame heroes. But, if you have hero with Flame strike and siphon mana, second one with Invisibility and critical strike, you have 2great heroes! hope you understant. its about "combination" of abilities any experience.

About items. I dont create very much custom items, but except the "DotA recipe thingy" i can create some custom items. But ideas are useful.
Quests: There are some optional quests, but unlucky, you cant find them in Quest log. Those mini-quests can be activated by coming near one of "renegade-heroes" which can be found across map. by completing, you will gain hero to your party. Or some good item.
The 4dooms of evil:There are 4ultimate bosses, in every corner of map: Hydra king in silaris ruins, Kamil in Ice path, Lich king!! in Fairy peak (like frozen throne) and Twisted paladin in fortress of Frozdorn. If you slay one of these bosses, and ULTIMATE hero will bolster your forces, and you will gain one very powerfull artifact, with armageddon spell: Erruption, Plague, Manafall and unknown :p.

There are 2compuer players: The undead, comins from every side and trying to slay remaining humans. And humans, live in small fortress of Frozdorn, small villiage of Crysalis and main city of Neverdawn. You can choose one of these factions. If you join humans, your quest will be to eliminate undead and their friends. If youre with undead, you shall eliminate human main city. But beware! Guards are changing every day, sick or almost dead people are being sent to Hospital to cure, outlying camps keep sending their scouts to report, and citiziens only wait when they will turn into bloodthirsty militia. Or become true renegade, and rob caravans to
gain glory and place on bounty list.
Ah, as i mentioned. in central plains, there are some heroes traveling (Wander ability!), seeking help. If youre brave enought to steal something from Rasolos stolen goods, you may gain brave Elfinlocks to fight for you!

So, everything in one: This is map, where you start with hero, you can change diplomacies with other players, and join Undead or Humans. By completing quests, you can gain renegade warriors to join your party. When you place your camp into some place, you can expand it to war base. At Neverdawn, you can hire more heroes and buy tons of items in traveling merchants. Quest? is to eliminate enemy. Or to be last man standing.

I guess you never heard about Mouzyy, didnt you? Whatever, its said that his last trip was to Acheron. In the tomb, his remains may lie. What curse he was bearing before his death, lies unknown. Maybe your salvation, or your doom you will find.

Overall:
Map:IIIIIIIIII
Units:IIIIIIIIII
Story:IIIIIIIIII
Triggers:IIIIIIIIII
Doodads, Hills and Aestethic: IIIIIIIIII

What to say? i would be very happy if somebody would help me with Terrain (except cities!)because im tottaly lame with this. And since i said tons of information, i quess i forget for something. Just ask!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.