1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The poll for Hive's 12th Concept Art Contest is up! Go cast your vote for your favourite genie!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The raddest synthwave tracks were chosen - Check out our Music Contest #12 - Results and congratulate the winners!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

3P Campaign Orc v 2.1 FINAL (Patch 1.30.4 or newer!)

Submitted by deflinok2
This bundle is marked as awaiting update. A staff member has requested changes to it before it can be approved.
[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The 3 Player Campaign is an ongoing project based on work of TheSpoon,
It involves editting all of the existing Campaign created by Blizzard so that it can be played with 3 players.

This will allow you to join up with a partners to replay the campaign and save Azeroth, and this time you can't cheat!

[​IMG]

New Heroes: For the levels where there is only 1 playable character, I have added a two new heroes based on WC lore.

New Factions: I added four new factions in this maps : Frostwolf clan,Darkspear Trolls ,Warsong Clan and Bloodhoof tribe.

New Artifacts: Each character in the future will receive a completely unique artifacts. At this moment Thrall have unique Artifact - Doomhammer

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Chapter 01 - Ready.

Chapter 02 - Ready.

Chapter 03 - Ready.

Chapter 04 - Ready.

Chapter 05 - Ready.

Chapter 06 - Ready.

Chapter 07 - Ready.

Chapter 08 - In progress.

[​IMG]
Talents it's new mechanic in version 1.4. Each faction with the help of its town hall can use a certain talent. For example: Trolls of the Blackspear can summon the Loa of Death for 15 seconds to rise dead soldiers as skeletons

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

People that were very important for this project. Their resources are amazing and I wish good luck to all of them!
Ujimasa Hojo
Scias
Hayate
Stefan.K
Zavorakto
The_Silent
loktar
Deolrin
AlienAtSystem
Stanakin
Anachron
Stanakin
Darkfang
CRAZYRUSSIAN
Kingluis
PeeKay
Taur
apaka
Dojo
Callahan
Tauer
Skipper
Kimbo
PrMosquito
Kwaliti
FerSZ
chilla_killa
BLazeKraze
Hemske
Uncle Fester
Contents

3P Campaign: Orc 01 (Map)

3P Campaign: Orc 02 (Map)

3P Campaign: Orc 03 (Map)

3P Campaign: Orc 04 (Map)

3P Campaign: Orc 05 (Map)

3P Campaign: Orc 06 (Map)

3P Campaign: Orc 07 (Map)

3P Campaign: Orc 08 (Map)

Reviews
deepstrasz
or @tulee Since this has issues which are important since they are related to the game cache, it will reside in Awaiting Update until improved.
  1. deflinok2

deflinok2

Resources:
    Resources:
    Ok, now you see screenshots?

2. deflinok2

deflinok2

Resources:
    Resources:
    Uploaded all fixed mission in thread

All Missions

- Returned to Standart Samuro model

- Increased damage Bombardient Tower to 120 and ranger to 200

Mission 1

- add more heal potions spawned from dead enemies

- fix bugs with drek-thar dialog

- Raised level of Samuro until 3 and Drek-Thar to 5

Mission 4

- Added third gold mine

Mission 5

- fix bug with bat form

- fix bug with dark green Shamans and Spear Thrower

- high elves - > night elves

3. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    It's good now.

4. Kyrbi0

Kyrbi0

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Much better. There are still some at the top that are missing, but the pertinent ones (i.e. the custom faction ones) are there. Most importantly the Jungle Troll one is there. ; )

So, Headhunters, Witch Doctors, 'dire trolls', 'warriors', 'turtle riders', and Vol'jin, eh? Tell me more. : )

5. Formidable10

Formidable10

Resources:
    Resources:
    Mission 1: Glad to hear about the new changes,

1. However the mission is still unwinnable since I can't

rescue the stranded (Purple) horde units to finish the quest even when I am right next to time.

2. Also Drek'thar doesn't spawn after the cage guarded by the revenants is destroyed.

3. Dark Green and Light blue have the "please wait for the red player to choose" message

stuck on their screen even after the samuro quest is done. Maybe it would be better

for Samuro to get captured and stuck in a cage so you wouldn't have to make a choice.

Mission 4-

1. Really stable thank you, I appreciate the fact you came up with an explanation

on why Samuro doesn't join in the fight, however whenever a player
    clicks/looks on him a message pops up on everyone's screens with the Samuro dialogue.

It gets annoying after a while, if you could just change it where the message is only

popped once or twice that would be great.

Talents aren't avaliable in Missions 4-5 across all three players. Please fix

Mission 6 (Where wyverns dare):

1. Mission 6's food upkeep is higher than usual, probably borrowed from the 2 Player

campaign. I would prefer the usual upkeep like in earlier missions for consistency.

2. Not exactly fair to yellow to make him build a new town hall while Orange and Red have

a town hall of their own.

3. Red Barracks has the troll regeneration upgrade avaliable to research despite

the fact I don't have trolls avaliable?

4. If you upgrade a watchtower into a cannon tower it disappears almost as if a texture is

missing.

That's all of the major problems I can think of at the time. Issues like this don't always come up in the first test, sometimes it takes multiple tests. Anyway I am glad to help, and I am eagerly looking forward to Mission 8.

By the way, if you want to give Drek'thar/Frostwolf clan a unique flying unit instead of Wind Riders since their wyverns are captured

at the beginning of the game. You could possibly use the orc version of a chimera rider, under the name Rylak which was a popular Orc mount on Draenor. Rylaks were used a lot by Thrall's Uncle who was a member of the Frostwolves. Maybe they don't have access to Rylaks are this period of time but I wouldn't be surprised if the Frost Wolves bred.

Rylaks after immigrating from Draenor to Azeroth. Just a thought

Rylak

Chimaera Rider and Derivatives

Last edited: Mar 3, 2019
  6. deflinok2

deflinok2

Resources:
    Resources:
    Upload in thread

Mission 1

- Fixed Drek-thar death before you release him

- Now quest with samuro has no choice

Mission 4

- Samuro now defend first camp

What about talents (they are not available on the 1st level of the town hall, only 2 or more)

- Delete Samuro dialogs

Mission 6

- Fixed food upkeep

- The yellow player now has a pre-built town hall

- Fixed red barracks bug

- fixed model cannon tower

7. Formidable10

Formidable10

Resources:
    Resources:

I keep forgetting talents are tier 2 only, thanks for pointing that out.

1.Since the Warsong have access to a Fortress in Mission 5 they will get a talent at that point? I am guessing that will be added later.

Mission 1-

2..Unfortunately Mission 1 is still unwinnable since I can't rescue the Stranded Orcs ergo complete the first required quest, I am sure that will be fixed at a later point.

3.The Revenants guarding Drek'thar are too difficult to fight against since they can spam chain lightning rapidly, if you could nerf them or put a message to recommend players to level up to 2 first and be careful that would be great.

4. If you could please put a reminder at the beginning of the game that Light Blue/Vol'jin can use his staff to summon trolls. I have to keep reminding the new players that they can use the staff to summon trolls.

5. Also have Vol'jin start with healing wave like Thrall starts with Chain lightning would be good, it really annoys me when
    new players choose summon raptor instead and make the game significantly more difficult.

Mission 6-

6. In Mission 6, Orange can't research the last Shaman upgrade that is needed to unlock Bloodlust.

7. I know you only use Drek'thar once/twice in the campaign, but far sight is an really weak ability,
    even in terms of the vanilla campaign. Perhaps if you made far sight a beginning ability that Drek'thar
    starts with automatically and replace the level slot with another ability that's more useful would be very helpful towards Drek'thar players. Maybe something Frost themed (since he's lead the Frostwolves you know) like Frost Armor or Ice Bolt. There's an ability in the game called Monsoon that could be a good replacement for Drek'thar's Forked Lightning ability, since Thrall already has forked lightning, monsoon might be a good ability for Drek'thar to have so his ability kit is more unique than Thrall's. Just a though.

Once Mission 1's main quest is fix, the entire campaign should be stable for anyone who would want to binge play all of the missions.. Number 7 is mostly a nitpick, I leave that up to you whether to fix or not.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2019
  8. deflinok2

deflinok2

Resources:
    Resources:
    Mission 1

- Fixed quest

- Nerf Revenants

- At the beginning of the mission Vol'jin have already studied the healing wave

- Added hint about the staff

Mission 6

- Fix research

- Replace far sight to frostnova

What about warsong talent.

In 5 missions available, but only when the orcs drink the blood of Mannoroth. In the future I will add talent to warsong clan(normal) and bloodhoof tribe

9. Formidable10

Formidable10

Resources:
    Resources:
    Congrats on releasing version 1.5 by the way

Being the final mission and the culmination of everything that has happened in the campaign, there's a lot to be said, and a lot to be critiqued.

Mission 8-
    I love how you took inspiration from the Rexxar campaign, a group of three heroes with ally armies to defeat a massive legion, it gives the battle a sense of scale that I think the vanilla campaign failed at doing.

Despite this though, there are a LOT of issues, a fair share of major ones.

1. The hair on Jaina's model is glitched, the top on her hair looks black. Like a texture is missing. Recommend replacing her with the vanilla model.

2. If you want to take cues from the Rexxar campaign, I suggest giving the players the ability to train horde units units for free, with a limited food supply
    and being able to earn gold by killing enemies. It would make the map feel less grindy. Which is a reocurring problem in this campaign.

3. Tauren/Wildhammer dwarves are pinning the gold mines like crazy soon after they show up on the map. Please tone down the AI map pings. And I do mean pinging constantly, like every 3 seconds for 10 minutes straight, drives me nuts.

4. Vol'jin's base appears out of nowhere as soon as the Ravenedge's clan main base is destroyed. Feels too weird and sudden, please add a cutscene to provide a transition.

5. Not a big fan of having to babysit Voljin's base constantly, especially since he doesn't build new towers so he can protect himself. Please place more towers around his base so he can pull his own weight. Especially since it takes a crap ton of time to fight our way through the warsong.

6. Many of the enemy heroes have different names but the same model, it gets pretty repetitive after a while and loses some of the immersion.

7. chaos kodo beasts have forked lightning for some reason?

8. Warsong demonic allies spawn out of nowhere occassionally, I know they are suppose to protect the upper bases of the warsong base but please remove, it's annoying enough to fight our way through chaos hulks and towers. But dealing is demons that spawn seemlingly out of nowhere in the upper Warsong base is OVERKILL.

9. Can't train units at Low Lu's Laboratory since I have no food supply avaliable.

10. Dimension Gates summon a crap ton of OP demons, really annoying to fight off, please nerf. They also disappear after using their ability for some reason? In my last game, there was a pocket of Green Legion units up in the north that spawned like crazy, if it wasn't for the fact they were out of the way I might not have been able to win the mission.

11. Allies are useless in the late game, since they almost never attack the bases near the top of the map guarding Grom. Even when they do they get slaughered really quickly. I do feel strongly that ally units should be on the offensive more than the defensive.

12. No difficulty option or item code option at the beginning of the game.

13. Please remove the dumb required quest that forces you to destroy all warsong buildings, it takes a lot of a lot a time to reach Grom anyway, I am fine fighting a small group of enemies that are guarding Grom, but having to destroy every single warsong building on the map makes the game way longer than it should be.

14. Grom's model gets changed to his vanilla one in the last cutscene.

I emphasize grindy since it took 2 and a half hours to beat this map, I know it's supposed to be the most difficult map of them all, but my god 2 and a half hours! That's ridiculously long especially compared to the other maps in the campaign that range from 20-60 minutes. 60 minutes maximum if you only play the main quest, and an extra 30 minutes for completing which includes the sidequests is fine. But 2 and half is too much of a time commitement for a campaign mission. Even by Warcraft 3 standards.
    Yes in fairness I might be able to cut down the amount of time it takes to beat this map, but I can't imagine being able to win this map below 2 hours. Anyone who says otherwise please post a replay on youtube or something. I dare you

As such I've listed a series of ideas of how to decrease the time it takes to beat this mission.

Other ways to decrease the grind-

1. Let enemy heroes drop tomes of strengths, agility, intelligence (at random)- It enables the players to grow stronger even at MAX level and gives the mission a greater feeling of progression.

2. Decrease the number of enemy heroes, considering you recycling the same type of hero multiple times, I.E, pit lords and dreadlords, chaos destroyers. And chaos hulk especially, omg that enemy is so annoying to fight, reincarnation. Less heroes would be very much welcomed.

2.1- Please remove enemy hero items, there's a crap ton of them as it is, and their lifesteal makes them a lot harder to kill.

2.2- Lower the number of heroes guarding Grom. Getting there is a huge feat in of itself, it shouldn't be that hard to kill his guards.

3. Lower the number of enemy towers- Especially since ally attack waves usually don't train siege weapons.

4. Have the friendly AI be more aggressive and train more units at a time. Light Blue, Blue, and Red often have 11 to 25 food at a time which feels like they are being lazy with their unit production.

5. There's suppose to be a dark portal in the middle of the map, however when I go there the portal disappeared, is it apart of a quest that isn't avaliable. If it's responsible for spawning the Demons (Green) it would be helpful to be able to destroy it and stop production. Or just remove the dimension gates altogether. I doubt anyone is going to miss those.

6. Most importantly, allow the players to train their own units for free (recruit them so they can be trained instantly), for balance reasons have a maximum food upkeep.

Great ideas, cool model designs, love the thematic aspects. But it takes WAY TOO LONG to beat in this current version. And I would advise anyone to avoid playing this map if possible.

10. Re uben

Re uben

Resources:
    Resources:
    why didn't you made into a custom campaign W3N mode ?

11. deflinok2

deflinok2

Resources:
    Resources:
    because I like 3P campaign better than playing solo

12. Re uben

Re uben

Resources:
    Resources:

i got a problem in your new update, how we can solve this problem error ?

Attached Files:

13. deflinok2

deflinok2

Resources:
    Resources:
    All 3 players must be real people and not computer

14. Formidable10

Formidable10

Resources:
    Resources:
    If you want to play an enhanced version of the Reign of Chaos Orc Campaign, ask teozamait.

He made an enhanced version of the Lordaeron campaign almost 4 years ago.

15. Formidable10

Formidable10

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hey deflinok2, I played Mission 3 and noticed you named a unit after me. The warsong have a wold rider called Formidable, I am very honored. :)

16. deflinok2

deflinok2

Resources:
    Resources:
    A small gift for help)

17. deflinok2

deflinok2

Resources:
    Resources:
    Upload Mission 8 v0.2

Changes

- Return to Normal Jaina model

- Nerf enemy heroes(deleted items).

- Now, every player have 30 food

- Nerf enemy units

- Added Difficulty normal and heroic

- Add Mercenary camp

- Now Allies more aggressive ( human attack enemies)

- Fix bug with Demon gates

- Fix Grom model

- Remove required quest where you need to destroy all warsong buildings

- Changed some models

18. Formidable10

Formidable10

Resources:
    Resources:
    It's a pleasure to review and critique your campaign series my friend. I am glad to help.

I like making suggestions a lot, call it a bad habit, but I listed it under IDEA, so feel free to ignore it if necessary.

IDEA:By the way Ujimasa Hojo has made a lot of variations on classic Warcraft buildings. In the future I suggest you replace some of the Frostwolf faction buildings with the Ice themed buildings he's made. Especially since it can be confusing for players who see two identical looking barracks, spirit lodges, etc. Across the Horde, Frost Wolf, and Warsong factions. A little more visual variety across the faction buildings would be great.

Perhaps even give the Frostwolf Shamans frost themed abilities (Frost Armor, Ice Bolt, breath of frost that slows enemies etc.) to make them stand out more from their other Shaman counterparts.

For example:

Great Hall and Derivatives

Now that I tested this new version of Mission 8, here are my notes.

Mission 8-

1. The A.I pings the map way too much and often they don't go in the direction of the area they are pinging anyway. Please remove.

2. IDEA: Could you also put a mercenary camp near the Horde base so it's accessible to players early on, especially if the ally base is under attack. Considering how quickly mercenaries die when fighting Fel Orcs it would be nice to be able to recruit a full 30 food squad worth right away.

2.1. The cooldown on recruiting mercenaries units is too high, to the point where they are barely useful.

3. There's a glitch as the beginning of the game where Drek'thar dies during a cutscene, the resurrection stone revives him anyway but it's kinda annoying, please fix.

4. Like I said in the previous review, please add a cutscene to indicate that the darkspear trolls have arrived to help (one fel orc patrol can decimate most of their base). Also please give them more towers so their base can survive longer.

5. Continuity question- Why is Nazgrel on our side (Kalimdor) if he was turned into a Fel Orc in Mission 5?
    I imagine he would be one of Grom's bodyguards.

IDEA: By the way, in terms of the final section of the mission.

I think it would be a lot more emotionally powerful if Thrall had to fight the Demon blood corrupted Grom Hellscream, as well as the Fel Orc versions of Nazgrel and Samuro to truly demonstrate how the demon blood corrupted who was once their close friends. Maybe make (Nazgrel, Samuro) them invulnerable/unconscious instead of dying when killed to explain why they are alive during the Founding of Durator campaign.

As soon as Grom is knocked unconscious, the mission ends and it's implied through the last cutscene that Thrall captured Grom so that he could be brought back to the Horde base and cured.

Here's my explanation on why it would work. When Grom tells Thrall in the cutscene on how he and the warchiefs on Draenor intentionally drank the demon blood and "brought the curse upon ourselves." It causes Thrall to go into a rage, shouting as he runs into battle, it just seems weird how he just used the soul stone right afterwards when it seemed so bloodthirsty after realizing that Grom screwed him and some of his closest friends over by drinking Mannoroth's blood. Instead of fighting him, he just uses the soul stone right away and captures him. I know this is a problem in the vanilla campaign as well, I feel it's a moment of bad writing.

If there was a proper Boss fight with Grom, Nazgrel, and Samuro vs Thrall, Cairne, and Drek'thar. It would give the mission a much more powerful and emotional resolution. With dialogue as the end where Grom demands that Thrall finishes him, and Thrall says something like "no this is not who we are, we can't let our people be controlled by our bloodlust." As Grom gets knocked out, Thrall can carry his body as well as Nazgrel's and Samuro, back to the main base to be cured and freed from the demon blood.

Just get rid of the soul stone mechanic as well, I know it's a convenient way to make the mission shorter but I feel it makes the final boss section of the mission very anti-climatic.

Maybe give Nazgrel and Samuro some dialogue as well in the cutscene where Thrall confronts Grom. To emphasis how far they have fallen.

6. Horde (Red) attack waves often get stuck by the top (northern) and right (eastern) entrances of their base, please expand or fix.

6.1 the Light Blue (Alliance) ally AI will sometimes get stuck by a fountain of health and won't attack even when being attacked.
    Specifically Duke Lionheart and his patrol will wander around the right most health fountain and keep moving back and forth but never leaving the vicinity to attack the enemy bases.
    This is a recurring problem where the ally A.I get's stuck in certain areas and thus takes way too long to execute their attack waves. Please fix

7. Why give Demon Gates so much health? 2000 Health is the vanilla amount and seems like a pretty safe option. the 20000 health they got seems way too excessive. It doesn't help that the friendly AI will ignore the demon gates when attacking enemy bases.

8. The destroy all buildings quest may have been disabled, but the barriers guarding grom won't go away. Even after you destroy all of the warsong buildings. Please remove the magic barriers protecting Grom.

Thankfully this mission was a lot more straight forward than the last variation. If the barriers were removed and the AI acted slightly smarter, I would be able to finish the map within 40 minutes which is good. The only MAJOR problem I could find is the magical barriers protecting Grom, which won't go away no matter what the players do, and thus making the mission unwinnable. It would be ideal to remove those magical barriers.

Beyond that the mission is pretty stable thankfully. Good work. :)

Last edited: Mar 8, 2019
  19. deflinok2

deflinok2

Resources:
    Resources:
    Update

- Delete barriers

- Grom's Bodyguards now - Nazgrel and Samuro

- Fix Horde and Alliance AI

- Expanded inputs at the base of the red player

- Demon Gates now have 2000 hp

- Main quest changed, you must bring Grom to the circle on the base. Gem of souls deleted

- Added mini cinematic before Trolls Of Darkspear build they base.

- Added Barracks to all players

- Change some icons

Last edited: Mar 8, 2019
  20. Formidable10

Formidable10

Resources:
    Resources:
    Just a few more notes,

IDEA: When I mean starting ability, I mean an ability that the hero gets automatically right away. EX. Thrall's stun ability and Cairne's AOE
    damage Pulverize ability, as well as Vol'jin's tiny bad voodoo ability.

For the sake of balance and making all the heroes feel viable, I feel the need to speak out about this.

1. I do think Nazgrel feels more like an agility hero than a strength hero, he's not really good at tanking. And he tends to die really quickly in comparison to thrall, his kit doesn't help too much either when it comes to taking damage beyond his Ultimate Avatar ability. If you could give him a starting passive ability that reduces the amount of damage he takes,
    some form of lifesteal. Or just make him an agility hero all together and give him an attack speed increasing ability to start out with like Frenzy that would be great.

2. Drek'thar doesn't have a passive ability either, unlike Cairne, Thrall, and Vol'jin. Perhaps if you could him a starting passive ability that let's his basic attacks slow the attack speed and movement of enemies. (It doesn't help that he doesn't start with a powerful item like the other heroes in the game.)

Mission 8-

1. Grom has Divine Armor, please change it to Hero Armor.

2. Drek'thar dies in the first cutscene. Please fix, the Drek'thar player will usually complain about it at the start of the game.

3. You said all players have a Barracks but I can't find it for the life of me, please add it or point it out at the beginning of the mission.

That's all