• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Cinematic] Cinematic Mini-Contest #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
I got all day to try and find a music that fits and works and improve my cinematic a little.

Btw: This is the music I want to use but every time I import it and save it it comes up error. Anyone got any idea why? If so, do you know how to fix it?

Attachments

• LostCaverns.mp3
    1.8 MB · Views: 80
Level 12
This is so not fun, I deleted the LostCaverns i had on my computer and downloaded the one i uploaded and guess what. IT WORKED!! AMAZING! thx Jaakko since I never would have tried it if you hadn't sad it worked for you.

Level 12
Tremble mortals and despair! Doom has come to this world!!

No, it's Mechmap cinematic!! Flee in terror!!

Here you are. It might not be perfect but I am not a pro at making cinematic either. Though I think that Jaakko's or frostwhispers cinematic will win cause they got voice acting. Though I haven't seen frostwhipers' yet... Maybe the public will prefer mine. xD!

Attachments

• The Haunted Stone.w3x
    2.9 MB · Views: 143

frostwhisper

Media Manager
Level 49
Mine? My cinematic?
OHOHOHO, it is teh winz now!
Aanyway, I just need to polish up some shit-shats and I'm done.

So far I've checked all the cinematics (except Mech's) and they're pretty good.
Bob's scenery is great, yet Jaako's story rocks. Which to choose...
The mind ponders...

Level 9
After a great hurry I managed to finish my horrifying horror.

Dante's Hell - 1.59 minutes.

A story about a guy that refuses to believe he's dead.

Credits:
-Music by The Matrix - Revolutions.
-Flagellant model by Dionesiist.
-Hooked peasant model by Sephiroth_VII.
-Loading Screen by me.

Attachments

• Dante's Hell.w3x
    1.8 MB · Views: 141
Last edited:

frostwhisper

Media Manager
Level 49
My entry:
290591os8.jpg

For some of you it may be obvious where I got my inspiration from.
The zip fail attached to this post contains the map.
Alternate Download Link: http://files.filefront.com/29+05+91w3x/;9534021;/fileinfo.html

The size is so big because I based the map on the UTM v3.0.

Attachments

• 29-05-91.zip
    7.5 MB · Views: 135
Last edited:
Make it fit as an attachment or I won't count this as an submission. I am having computer trouble and visiting sites such as filefront is not an option. I won't comment further on this, negotiate or anything. Please just clear out some unneeded imports and properly attach it, thank you.

Same goes for maps uploaded into the database, though that is more out of a fairness perspective. Advertising in a map dev. thread is fine, but a head start by having the map in the database is not allowed.

frostwhisper

Media Manager
Level 49
Damn... I'll have to work on that then.

EDIT: I tried to export the unused parts but the used ones are so many most of them got deleted in the process. I cannot bring the filesize down without hammering down my entire effort. I've uploaded a .zip fail containing the map in my post though. If even this does not count as a submission, then feel free to disqualify me.

Last edited:
Level 19
Why can't we put the map in the database? That's the place maps are supposed to be. And the deadline was tomorrow so it isn't too early today. Besides anybody who votes should see all entries and I can't see how this is connected to the map being published. If you just tell the voters to see all entries before voting I don't think there is any problem or is there?

@Jaakko - You can't get everyone to see all maps, imposible. But I can restrict map from getting uploaded in database yet, which I do. Please wait untill the end of the poll to do that.

@frostwhisper - Easy way to delete doodads not needed would be to export the ones you use, delete everything, import them again. Also as it is attached to the post now, it counts.

Level 12
For this contest it will stay attachments only, please make suggestions in a new thread regarding the next cinematic competition.

Have anyone made suggestions for a new competition in this thread? Or are you just trying to get no one to post in here about next contest?

I don't think that we should post another cinematic contest so soon. Though if I do I want a big cinematic contest and not a mini one.

May I suggest adding the poll to the arena section rather than here. It will surely attract more voters this way.

I agree with frostwhisper on this one. There are a lot more people hanging around in the arena.

Level 6
Well, I finished last night, but seeing as the contest submission is over, ill just have to try next time. Even though it wont be judged,The cinematic is here:

Ok, I removed it from the database, just to avoid conflict. Here is the map in this thread.

Attachments

• Alien.w3x
    5 MB · Views: 177
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.