• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Cinematic] Cinematic Mini-Contest #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
I guessing that the credits don't count as a real part of the cinematic as they didn't in the last contest either.

Overall I have done almost nothing cause we went on a school trip. But i am going to finish it.

Level 12
Oh, man, credits included?!

Luckly i dont know if i have any credits. If i dont i will just set my name at the loading screen. All the credits i need! ;)

Anyway here's my loading screen but i might change it because of the road, just ignore it for now:

Attachments

• TheHauntedStone.jpg
    TheHauntedStone.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 112
Level 12
The picture itself looks okay, but the text? Hardly readable and brown on black/blue? Nonono.

Yeah its a little hard to see, but I will change it anyway when I have time. Have completed the first scene of my cinematic by the way.

Edit: I cant find any better screenshot, so i'll just update the one i posted so you can see the text better and with my name on it.

Edit2: Ok, I've made the loading screen with a more goldish colour text instead. Like it better?

Attachments

• UploadFile.jpg
    UploadFile.jpg
    131.1 KB · Views: 131
Last edited:
Level 6
I might try this. No promises on completing it by deadline since I've been a bit busy lately. I think I'll do it on lucid dreams.

Level 12
Well, My cinematic only has 4 scenes so I have done the 1st scene and have started on the 2nd scene. I still need some music and possibly another death scream. I dont really know if I should use any.

Also I have buyed NWN2 expansion pack so it might go a little slower than it would usually take but I will complete it. If I don't I'll do something... Kick my foot in the wall 10 times maybe.

Level 9
Well, my favorite is something romantic or legendary, but because there are no cinematics contests recently, i will join...
--My hobby is creating map until i finish it, without sleeping, eating, working, learning..Each time will take me about 2 - 3 days///

Level 9
Wow, it seems that the first prize is mine...he he he/
Here, mine is complete. it took me 10 hoursr..I did not sleep last night.
-For some reasons. maybe i must go home for the New Year Party, so that i hope you will be not annoyed with my absent the following days.

Attachments

• Cursed City.w3x
    380.8 KB · Views: 120
Level 19
Don't be so sure yet because I will finish my cinematic by 30th. *downloads map*
EDIT:vnakira there might be something that could need fixing
1)The music wasn't scary.
2)The cinematic took like four minutes.

Level 9
The map itself is not horrible enough,but i do not dare import any new sound file, especially music, cause they r too big...And thx for your suggestion, N30, but is it really necessary///
..Good luck, My pandaren...I hope you can finish ur map soon so that i am not the only one who take part in the game...^^

N30

N30

Level 1
lol i was just thinking, it could be like you choose what units attack and stuff, just so its more intreasting. but yeah lol its pretty pointless. just a thought, im not sure if i will, if whoever made the contest says i can do that i will prop go in it.

The map itself is not horrible enough,but i do not dare import any new sound file, especially music, cause they r too big...And thx for your suggestion, N30, but is it really necessary///
..Good luck, My pandaren...I hope you can finish ur map soon so that i am not the only one who take part in the game...^^

In a cinematic the size doesn't matter at all.Import everything you want.

Level 12
vnakira, that cinematic was like a prologue to an adventure cinematic or something. The music didn't fit at all. I wasn't the tinest bit of scary. Though I don't think mine will be that much better untill i figure out how to make an area dark.

Anyone knows how to make an area nearly black?

If much needed the contest could receive a 5 day extension, that all depends on how many entries will be in the next 2 days and how big a demand there is for it.

Yea set time to 00:00 and terrain fog to something like start 0, end 1000 and colour black.
EDIT: Do I get a penalty for 2:09 or is it the same as for 2:10? How big is the penalty for this?

2:09 would cause same penalty as 2:10. 2:11 would be another penalty.

Level 19
2:09 would cause same penalty as 2:10. 2:11 would be another penalty.
So how big is the penalty for 2:10?
EDIT: I don't need to know because I can make it to 2:00 after all.

Bob27's cinematic is the best I have seen so far. It has a good athmosphere and fitting music but the story isn't anything special.

EDIT2: Oh yes my cinematic is ready, well almost. I will add a preview screen, credits and remove one second. And I'm still waiting for the last sounds from few people. The day I get the sounds I will submit my entry. I would want to submit my entry today but I have no idea when I will get those last voices.

Last edited:
Level 12
My cinematic is done and now I just need to polish it so it looks better. And I still haven't found a good background music that works. Also my cinematic is 1.58 seconds according to my watch so if I find music I will put them in credits to not go over the maximum length.

Level 19
Wow what a compliment. :)

I have a strange problem with my cinematic. I have played it multiple times and sometimes I get 2:00 and sometimes 2:01 or 2:02. Does this count as a penalty? The wait functions I think they are not 100% accurate and are causing this. I am ready to submit my cinematic as soon as this is sorted out.

Level 2
how do i attach things anyway? im done with mine

I've tried to upload my map 4 times but it still wouldn't appear or re direct the browser OR tell me that is has been submitted... can someone please tell me why? BTW im using a library comp and the map is on my usb

nvm it FINALLY worked after i *removed* the firewall

heres mine: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/resources_new/maps/6243/

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 24
Shodori, please don't post four posts in a row, learn to use the edit button please.

And yea I decided since it was only 2 minutes to focus on the actual cinematic rather then the story, since there wasn't really much you could do with a story in 2 minutes.

Downloading the cinematics now, i'll post again when I have watched them.

how do i attach things anyway? im done with mine

I've tried to upload my map 4 times but it still wouldn't appear or re direct the browser OR tell me that is has been submitted... can someone please tell me why? BTW im using a library comp and the map is on my usb

nvm it FINALLY worked after i *removed* the firewall

heres mine: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/resources_new/maps/6243/

Please remove it from the database for now and attach it to your post instead. You attach a file by making a new post, scroll down, click "manage attachments" and then finding your file and uploading it.

Status
Not open for further replies.