• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Modeling Contest #20 - Campaign Screens

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 31
the%20hive%20workshop.png

modeling.png
contest.png
number.png
2.png
0.png

1secur.jpgjpg

Contest Theme: Campaign screen

Contestants must create a campaign screen. A detailed cinematic animated model scene representative of a campaign

This campaign screen does not require a unit/character as the main focus. But all campaign screens MUST have a focal point. Some main focus (ie flag on a battlefield, destroyed castle, character standing heroically, helmet in the dirt, etc etc) ALSO, ingame, the campaign menu is on the right side of the screen. So make sure that the campaign menu does not overlap or block your campaign screen (put focal point to the left side). Be creative and have fun

contest%20rules%20and%20conditions.png

1. No submission may violate any Hive Workshop site rules.
  2. You must post at least 1 WIP preview before the deadline.
  3. You may make as many models as you want, however pick only one for the final judge's evaluation.
  4. To qualify for entry, you must post your model(s) in .mdx format, and a screenshot of the model.
  5. You must post your entry before the deadline expires and attach it to a post.
  6. You must make the model for this competition, which means that you cannot use old works.
  7. Your model must have these minimum animations:
    • Birth
    • Stand

prizes.png

• First Place: 50 reputation points and your entry on an award icon.
  • Second Place: 35 reputation points and an award icon
  • Third Place: 20 reputation points and an award icon

contest%20judging%20and%20voting.png

• 60 % of the winner shall be determined by the contest's appointed judge(s).
    • Score shall be taken out of 50 points,
      • 15 points for mesh (verticies and faces)
      • 10 points for animations (or how well Blizzard animations have been used)
      • 10 points for skin (or how well Blizzard skins have been used)
      • 5 points for mechanics (how well does this model work ingame)
      • 5 points for effects (appropriate use of particles, particle saturation, etc.)
      • 5 points for creativity.
  • 40 % of the winner shall be determined by the results of a public poll.
  • Final Score = (Judge's Score)*0.6 + (votes/(total votes))*40 = (score)/100

contest%20dates%20and%20deadline.png

All submissions must be complete and submitted 5 weeks after the contest is started.
The contest shall begin on Tuesday, 5th April and conclude on Tuesday, 31st May, 11:59 PM, 2010 GMT
The contest will close on the deadline as long as we have 3 entries. Or extend roughly until at least 3 entries are submitted (if contestant 3 and 4 submit within a few hours/day of eachother, we'll include them too of course!)

judges.png

Tell us if you want to judge!

1. Red Shift

entries.png

I will list the participants here as they enter

Anarchianbedlam
None
Pyramidhe@dNone
Vermillion EdictNone
CavmanNone
NhazUlWIP
Wandering SoulNone
skrabWIP
darkdeathknightWIP
HappyCockroachWIP
TarrasqueWIP
ThrikodiusWIP
DeolrinWIP
FanWIP
supertoinkzWIP

Last edited:

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

Should be fairly interesting, I'm looking forward to see the results.
You might want to link a tutorial or similar that explains how a campaign screen is made to get more successful entries.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
Awesome, just awesome theme!
Just so everyone knows, CMarket was needing a campaign screen for a compilation of the episodes of The Sect of the Holy Mother series in the form of a cinematic maps campaign, so you could think of one for him^^

*sigh*
As you wish, Bob.
But as I said before, people who never did campaign screens before can and most likely will experience lots of trouble on the way.

i dont think anyone has done campaign screens. i mean, i sure havent.

i mean, for things like "the lightings are missing", the obvious thing will be to put one in. And people should be cosntantly using trial and error, going back and forth from ingame and modelling program to make sure the model looks right when it is used. i mean, if in the final version, something is wrong, then the person hasnt put enough effort to put it in the game and test it out.

this will be one of those contests where a final screenshots will be a MUST. and since everyone WILL be making a test campaign, they should attach the test campaign in the final submission as well. and of course, this means that the only way to really vote for this contest will be to see the models in the goddamn ingame. like everyone should have been doing

Level 26
lol, thats not really much of an advantage. if people want to make a skin to go with their model, then id say they should be rewarded for the extra effort. besides, texture only accounts for 20% of the judges score and a little over 10% for the overall score. The rules shall remain the same as they always have been. No CnP, no using prior work. you can use edited blizzard 3D data. Besides, that CG stockphoto texture website would look like shit ingame. completely different style and quality from blizzard shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.