• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Modeling Contest #20 - Campaign Screens

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 26
Unless theres an extension and my computer gets a rather permanent fix, I'm out.

What a shame, considering how quickly you work, i thought you would have coasted through and done something offhand. taken second place. :/ i was looking forward to the demon hunter campaign screen actually. Deolrin has been telling me that i should make a map or a project and i was hoping i could use it.

101702d1304944824-modeling-contest-20-campaign-screens-wip111.jpg

New Wip-
Meh, it's not the best model in the world, but yeah, I really cbf fixing more on the guy. Ive been tweaking him for like a week and a half.
His head looks huge in the picture, but it'll be better when you look at it in the proper angle.
I need to start making the doodads and all, and I haven't even animated yet...
It's about 1200 triangles.
Oh yeah and he has a neckbeard :(

Attachments

• Wip111.JPG
    Wip111.JPG
    15.7 KB · Views: 679
have your work on the proportions with the help of reference pictures?? This might really help

Im good at drawing proportion 'pencil drawing wise', its just it's my first time modelling a humanoid.
If it looks terrible in the finished product then Ill fix it up when Ive done everything else.

Oh yeah and Fan, that reminds me of the start of Oblivion, in the sewers.

Level 26
Well that is dumb, I was in 4 contests before that and use 1 texture that was edited slightly and now I can't enter any more?

No, it's not dumb, those were the rules, and you broke them. they were on the first post of the contest page, which you obviously did not read, otherwise it would never have been an issue for you.

The CnP you used was not "slightly edited" it was a direct ctrl+C and ctrl+V copypasta of the Teamfortress2 heavy weapons guy as your helicorpter pilot. it wasnt slight, it was hamhanded and obvious.

if you want to be able to join contests again, you have to appeal your case to either the arena moderator or the administration. Dont complain on this forum about how you think you were "wronged"

Level 26
Yes it is dumb, I could understand being DQ for that contest. But not being able to post in other contests is dumb. If you really want to have even less people participating in contests then this is a great way to do it.

we REALLY want to have even less rulebreakers participating in contests. Like i said, dont come crying around this thread, go appeal your case to the admins.

Level 48
Here's another work-in-progress picture of the Scars of Conflict campaign screen.
All that's left for me now is to transfer it all to the Human Campaign Screen, remove all the original mesh and animate the sun, clouds and water. Then I'll have to test it in-game and see how the lightning and all works.
EDIT: Actually, wait, Fan, how the hell did you get the lightning to work in-game? :S
EDIT 2: Ugh... This is how it looks like in-game, currently. If anyone has any idea why, or how to fix it, please tell me. I just copied the lightning from the Human Campaign Screen and moved\rotated\scaled around my own campaign screen to fit the angle\scale\location of the human campaign one.

Attachments

• WIP.png
    WIP.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 346
  • Weird.png
    Weird.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 398
Level 5
why dont we let olympic athletes use steroids because then we can break more world records? :D

For safety reasons, people would push them self's too far.

I really don't see what the big deal is, there is no money involved, people do it on their own time and will, and it is a modeling contest not a texture contest. But if you guys want to be like that then I am taking my modeling elsewhere.

Level 28
For safety reasons, people would push them self's too far.

I really don't see what the big deal is, there is no money involved, people do it on their own time and will, and it is a modeling contest not a texture contest. But if you guys want to be like that then I am taking my modeling elsewhere.

Simple... If rule-breaking isn't dealt with properly people who find pride in following the rules and doing what is right, will grow tierd of participating since the contests wouldn't be fair.

And then all of a sudden there will only be ripped WoW models and Screenshot textures throughout the modeling contests, and the point of having a contest in the first place would go straight out the window.

More WiPs.

163097-albums1588-picture46734.png

Bench
163097-albums1588-picture46732.png

Palm Tree - Still need to add coconuts
163097-albums1588-picture46782.png

Crab
163097-albums1588-picture46701.png

Coconut Juice - The insides is not seen (supposed to be two-sided, I don't know how to make a two-sided material in milkshape)
163097-albums1588-picture46483.png

Jetski - Currently no texture and wrap

EDIT: WiP 2 of crab :D
EDIT 2: Finished the crab :D. Isn't Mr. Crabby cute?

Last edited:
Level 51
Here's another work-in-progress picture of the Scars of Conflict campaign screen.
All that's left for me now is to transfer it all to the Human Campaign Screen, remove all the original mesh and animate the sun, clouds and water. Then I'll have to test it in-game and see how the lightning and all works.
EDIT: Actually, wait, Fan, how the hell did you get the lightning to work in-game? :S
EDIT 2: Ugh... This is how it looks like in-game, currently. If anyone has any idea why, or how to fix it, please tell me. I just copied the lightning from the Human Campaign Screen and moved\rotated\scaled around my own campaign screen to fit the angle\scale\location of the human campaign one.

Sorry, was away for a week.

Anyway, I didn't get it working in ingame at all. I tried to copy the lights exactly from the human campaign screen to save time, but everything was a mess. I'm at the end of my powers here :/ Anyone else maybe?
Your campaign screen looks bloody awsome btw.

Just an update because the thread is really dead. Unfortunately I have exams next week, so I will not be able to do anymore to the actual model. (sorry for sounding so cliched)
I have Exams which finish at the 10th of June. So if there's an extension, it would be the only way to finish.

EDIT-I copied Ampharos with the black line crap on the Opel Blitz.
And also the textures are a rush job.

Attachments

• OpelBlitz.JPG
    OpelBlitz.JPG
    32.8 KB · Views: 143
  • Terrain2.jpg
    Terrain2.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 167
Level 16
I will most likely not finish (exams and stuff) but I have a question. I have two ideas about the crest on his chestplate - one Decepticon-styled and one looking more accurately like the model. Which one should I pick?

NhazUl, im just saying if u dont finish it in time for contest, will u still make that and upload it after a while? cos it looks cool.
Answer: U should pick the Decepticon style.

Status
Not open for further replies.