• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Modeling Contest 22 - Mimic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 18
Sketches? Here's mine. An evil wall clock, only I wonder how to make its legs.

Attachments

• scan0003.jpg
    scan0003.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 275
I have a few question:
- A statue, then turning in to living statue (there is tons od statue ingame)
isnt that a gargoyle? if you think that is valid, do you think if i just gave a peasant model a stand still animation, it counts as a mimic?

- A monster disguise as a big flower (a tons too)
sure. whatevers. ask anarchian but it really depends if you just end up making a flower monster, then it is probably disqualified.

Some questions:
1.Does the model has to have custom animations ?
no

2.Can we use ingame textures ?
yes

Also a corpse can be considered an inanimate object so can I make use of it ?
isnt that a zombie?

isnt that a gargoyle? if you think that is valid, do you think if i just gave a peasant model a stand still animation, it counts as a mimic?
a gargoyle is a mimic, as long as you don't expect the statue to come alive when it does.

isnt that a zombie?
counts as a mimic if you don't expect the corpse to suddenly rise from the ground. (dead corpse = harmless, walking zombie = harmful) ...but it is a really terrible concept. possible, but terrible.

whenever you think about things like "but isn't this mimic, by definition, the same as a dildo?"
- "yes, and it is lame."

Level 26
i think they count as long as you don't expect it to come alive.
When.... have you ever.... expected a dead body to come alive?
152290-albums921-picture53650.jpg

and to that end. feel free to make whatever the fuck you want. Don't expect to get a lot of points for stupid ideas though.
i.e.
the planking zombie, see how this man is pretending to be a dead body?
planking-origin-first-plank.jpg

Or that one weirdo in the park who paints himself metallic colors, stands still, and pretends to be a statue
fall_central_park_statue_performer.jpg

Just keep in mind that creativity is now 20% of your grade children. 10/50 points

Level 48
Sorry, not like the others, i learn modeling before learn english !

This is an English-speaking site, and if you wish to be understood, you'll have to learn.

Or, at least, leave me a visitor message in Russian, and I'll try to translate to English... But only if you think it's really important.

Level 14
Sorry, not like the others, i learn modeling before learn english !

You're an awesome modeler... why don't you just make your model,i know someone who made a Moron Eater Model can't just miss this contest
Moron.jpg

142461-albums5159-picture53316.gif
142461-albums5159-picture52456.jpg
142461-albums5159-picture52457.jpg
142461-albums5159-picture52458.jpg

And that's not even 1/4 of all his models!!!
You can't just miss this Contest judash...

Level 18
Oh, me and peper will be working together

EDIT:
i just ready everything about judash
yes he is skilled, he's awesome but he's kinda think that he's da best around( i have to agree that he is kinda one of the best modelers)

but i can't really agree about him being the judge if he really does have a personality like "i'm the best tra la la tri li li".

Level 10
Judash, you outright insulted everyone's work in the Chess contest, when you went all "That's the best you can do? HAH! I can do much better! [links to his own model]". I really, REALLY doubt they'll let you judge.
If you actually can quote my line with "Hah" and "That's the best you can do?" in Chess topic then you win. But what'll happen if you cant? Does it count as an insult?
but i can't really agree about him being the judge if he really does have a personality like "i'm the best tra la la tri li li".
Pytie say this:
While we do appreciate your willingness to help judge a contest, there are a few things we'd like to see from you beforehand that will increase your chances of being selected:
You have not recently joined (send one of us a PM if you are unsure whether or not you fall into this category)
You are knowledgeable in the area the contest is about (for example, you have a lot of modeling knowledge for a modeling contest)
You have not judged many other hive workshop contests recently
You have demonstrated good reviewing capabilities in your area of expertise

And there is no law like: "you cant be a judge if you're the best" or whatever.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.