• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Weekend Mapping Madness #2 - Defense

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just enhancing a few things and testing, so I'll just take my time and post the map in an hour :p

Everything's working perfectly :)

25 Creep Waves
20-30 minutes of Gameplay
ONLY 95 KB :D

edit

Actually, screw it.
I present to you: Destromath TD v1.0

Attachments

• Magtheridon96 - Weekend Mapping Madness #2.w3x
    129.1 KB · Views: 87
Last edited:
Level 37
Okay here's my entry. I did this within 2 hours so this is really rushed. The idea is very simple yet the game play is unique in my opinion. Idea is not let the Power Generator die. You have spells that will help you defending it.

If you like the idea, tell me and I'll continue with the project.

If I would have more time I would have added these things:

• More waves
  • Basic upgrades(to the Generator)
  • More spells
  • All spells to custom spells
  • Allow player to select his spells
  • Allow player to upgrade abilities to many different ways
  • More players?
One thing I'm pretty sure I'll win: my entry is the smallest! Anyway now I go sleep. Good luck to everyone!

Attachments

• Defense Map Alpha 1.0.w3x
    26.6 KB · Views: 91
Level 17
Core units 2% Terrain 75% Core trigger 5% + 2 bug triggers whic were disabled

My final :L

Edit: jassnewgen pack required to open map in Newgen WE

Attachments

• Mini map contest 0.01.w3x
    153.1 KB · Views: 95
Last edited:
Level 17
School tomorrow Vegeance :L So have to upload now as latest xP i will continue it for Other contest though hopefully it will be finished by then :L.

Good luck to the contenders

Damn I have wasted some precious time :D.
Anyway I found some little errors so I have fixed them for the "real" final entry:ogre_hurrhurr:.

Attachments

• Eliminate the Terrorist v1.0a.w3x
    89.6 KB · Views: 108
  • SHOT!.jpg
    SHOT!.jpg
    519.7 KB · Views: 130
Last edited:
Level 16
~Tidal Defense~

What is Tidal Defense?
Tidal Defense is a survival map revolving around the concept of pushing enemies into water. You cannot attack, but the water will hurt the enemy units (and yourself as well). Players are given unique abilities to push and pull enemies into the water. The game takes place over the duration of 10 rounds, in which you gain an additional skill point for usage at the end of each round. You can play this game solo or with a friend, the difficulty adjusts to compensate.​

How do I play Tidal Defense?
With style of course! No more auto attacking or spell spamming survival games. This game relies solely on spells, designed to push and pull your fiery enemies into their watery tombs. This game rewards quick thinking and ingenuity, and punishes players for being cornered or chased into the water.​

Game Information
  • Players have 100 health and mana. At the end of each round, you gain full mana, and an additional 10 health.
  • Units will only have 50% of their regular health if only a single player is present
  • Units will automatically move back to land if pushed into water, and move in a designated loop

Screenshot, showing a Mage Power Pushing a Flame Elemental into the acidic water
View attachment 105826

Comments/suggestions to my idea/map are very welcome, especially from our judges.

This is my final entry, unless you see another update. (Hint, this game is hard)

Attachments

• Tidal Defense.w3x
    331.5 KB · Views: 98
Level 16
A sadly unfinished map.. fading into oblivion.. :clol:

Magic The Gathering : Defense (unfinished)

You are a monolith with 20 life. You age old stones have allowed you to master 5 different types of magic over a spectrum of colours. But woe! Three armies of enemies have arrived to steal your knowledge. Will you survive their waves of attack?

Yet again, only the 'Tutorial Round' is finished. It is very easy to survive it, so your testing of this map should not go beyond 5 minutes. Obviously I had planned to have more waves than one, with each Round's bosses named after each one of our contestants. Regrettably I can only finish three very simple bosses: Don Dustin the Puppeteer, Bugz the Bug and Jazztastic the Necromancer.

Good luck to those participating on the upcoming Mini-Mapping Contest! <3

Attachments

• Wraithling's Defense (Sadly Unfinished).w3x
    433.5 KB · Views: 107
  • Final Screen.jpg
    Final Screen.jpg
    256.9 KB · Views: 108
Level 26
I guess I'm done. While I do think that I have finished quite a lot of this map without any real knowledge I'm still not entirely happy with my result, most likely, because fixing 2 triggers took the whole day :/

Attachments

• screenshot2.jpg
    screenshot2.jpg
    365.9 KB · Views: 172
  • DonDustinWeekendMadnessMap.w3x
    1.4 MB · Views: 95
  • screenshot1.jpg
    screenshot1.jpg
    309.9 KB · Views: 127
Last edited:
Level 16
A sadly unfinished map.. fading into oblivion.. :clol:

Magic The Gathering : Defense (unfinished)

You are a monolith with 20 life. You age old stones have allowed you to master 5 different types of magic over a spectrum of colours. But woe! Three armies of enemies have arrived to steal your knowledge. Will you survive their waves of attack?

Yet again, only the 'Tutorial Round' is finished. It is very easy to survive it, so your testing of this map should not go beyond 5 minutes. Obviously I had planned to have more waves than one, with each Round's bosses named after each one of our contestants. Regrettably I can only finish three very simple bosses: Don Dustin the Puppeteer, Bugz the Bug and Jazztastic the Necromancer.

Good luck to those participating on the upcoming Mini-Mapping Contest! <3

<3

Necromancer, what a beast.

Level 5
My final entry for this madness :D

For now, it's just a demonstration. Only 2 of 6 heroes are available, 1 of 3 "races", 10 waves and max lvl of 10.

I hope you enjoy it, it is pretty easy to beat it. :ogre_datass:

PS: The map is not symmetrical for a reason, so be carefull or you'll be overwhelmed by the enemy

Attachments

• Mapping Madness #2 (figueiredo00).w3x
    174.6 KB · Views: 177
  • Screen 1.jpg
    Screen 1.jpg
    337.1 KB · Views: 110
  • Screen 2.jpg
    Screen 2.jpg
    379.9 KB · Views: 123
I'm going to use this map for Mini-game Mapping Contest #5 as well :)
I'll just add 50 more waves, some more awesome systems, cool features, more towers, etc..

edit
Oh, and guys, my map's quite challenging >:D
You can't beat it unless you get your ice tower early on to defeat the air units ^^ (and upgrade it)
The fire tower is just as important for the ground units.

You won't make it past level 10 if you're ignorant about your towers.

Last edited:
Level 17
I used Newgen We and name is Upgrade tag. :L Umswe was enabled :L

You might as well just give it auto last place though since the upgrade of creeps is bugged so they only have 1 level :L T_T forgot to run it properly did If== instead of \<

Level 17
:/ You were able to open it before to make screenies T_T probs cause triggers are dif :L some bj reference natives instead n stuff

Level 17
This is a competition not a resource. Also Jassnewgenpack is not outdated. Tbh How is the standard editor better than an editor with mods allowing for unlimited doodads and for own custom unit string codes ? Or for bigger map size.

Actually, why AREN'T you using jassnewgen?
I may disqualify you, although at the same time it would be wrong of me to do so since I didn't say specifically that users weren't allowed to use WE Unlimited.
There's also no specific rule stating that people are not allowed to upload resources made with WE Unlimited, as long as it's working.
I'll discuss it with Kobas, my eternal lover.

Level 17
i am using jassnewgenpack. My WE is Newgen WE ._. just it has an umswe mode i had checked accidentally. I unchecked it now :L But Umswe comes with jassnewgenpack and anyone with jngp can open it :L

Bannar

Code Reviewer
Level 26
Do you know the difference between:
Unilimited/normal NewGen/Normal editor?
And yes Umswe is a mod for NewGen totaly outdated and bugged. It's even worse that you are using it than Unlimited since you know it's just small step to make your map 100% compatibile to WE/NG and you're not doing so. I'm sick of you BrambleClaw that you stay still with our fail conception. You ain't using normal NewGen at all and I'm not the 1st one who told you so.
Go ask Bribe, Maker os Nes if they can open your map using NewGen if you don't believe me even that I'm using that one too.

We ain't talking about manipulating map script - thats not the issue - but your map is unopenable without Umswe turned on/Unlimited.

Status
Not open for further replies.