• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Weekend Mapping Madness #2 - Defense

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 16
Everybody is working their socks off eh? Am I the only one here lazy-ing around? :cgrin:

A few updates:-
1. Just played a test round with my map and... GOD, MY GAMEPLAY IS SO DAMNED BORING AND PREDICTABLE!! :bored:

2. Everything else from the planning subsequent rounds to object editor stuff to terraining is just waaay behind schedule. It seems I have got to cut down on my planned material.

Will post an updated wip after my dinner. All you guys, God speed for the remaining 10 hours ;P

Level 26
another update of my map: waves are finished, game victory/defeat conditions are finished, hero revival finished. I just have to balance the map now. Right now it was only doable with 3 lvl 10 heroes and even that was incredibly difficult :D

Level 51
Have done major abilities, items and units. Triggers are also basically done. Sadly I can not implent things that have been planned:

What has been planned:

•Hell hounds jumping out from the lava (they stand just on the path ): )
•Traps everywhere
•Awesome abilities for the creeps (just too less time)
•Demon Souls for special attacks (I'll see if I can manage to include it)

Things that will be included hopefully:

•Thousands of differnt creeps
•Bosses
•Some items
•Potions
•Awesome terrain
•And and and, don't remember anything else atm ^^

Gonna start first basic testing now, still need to do the path of the women, which is going to be ass :(

How many hours are left now?

Last edited:
Level 26
almost seems like I'm out aswell. I simply cannot set up the balancing of my spawn trigger without heavy bugs(like 4 units of each kind are summoned, while only 3/1/1 should be created or units spawn on a region that I haven't even decided as the spawn region). Well...there is still some time left,but I already worked on it since I wrote about my last update :/

Edit: FIX'D my problem :D

Last edited:
Level 16
Aiks.. I guess we are all running out of time :eek:

Okay. Here's another WIP. I've just finished making the "Tutorial Round", which is just great, seeing as I still have the main rounds of Round 1-3 to make. I have to be realistic and say I won't be able to finish this in time.

Rough progress:

Game mechanics - 1/4 done.
Terrain - threadbare.
Everything else - barely starting.

Anyway here's an 'Alpha' version. I base the game play on the card game Magic The Gathering. Only the 'Tutorial Round' is playable, and only four types of magic are available for testing. Sad.

EDIT: @Aeroblyctos - 4 hours and 30 minutes to deadline. ;)

Attachments

• numba 2.jpg
    numba 2.jpg
    228.5 KB · Views: 48
  • Magic The Gathering - Defense (ALPHA).w3x
    339.9 KB · Views: 39
Level 17
If you want them to aim it and ignore everything else.

Every 5 seconds
Order every unit in unit group all units owned by (Creeps) to attack Unit01

Alternatively

Every 5 seconds

Order units owned by creeps to attack move to point random point in regioni 001

Order all units in region001 matching condition owned by creeps to attack Unit01

Alternatively give the base a 100 Priority and heros 0 Priority they will agro the base whenever in range

Level 51
There ya go bitchez:

I presentz you:

THE EXORZIST:

Screenshots 3.JPG Screenshots 4.JPG screenshots 5.JPG Screenshots1.JPG Screensoooots.JPG

I hope you won't killz me as I cant take ingame screenshots of gameplayz. Hope thatz okayz. :)

Description is everything in it. Didn't have time to make a final test, but should work okay ^^ AND PLEASE. PLEASE GOD. DON'T TRY CHEATING WITH GOING THROUGH THE PATHING BLOCKERS!!

Edit: Failed in writing exorCist right...

Attachments

• Weekend Mapping Madness 2.w3x
    803.3 KB · Views: 74
Status
Not open for further replies.