• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Campaign] Battle for Azeroth

What should I do about this campaign?

• Improve the storyline

Votes: 60 65.2%
  • Improve the terrain

Votes: 9 9.8%
  • Improve the custom imports

Votes: 6 6.5%
  • Improve the spells

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Improve the gameplay

Votes: 6 6.5%
  • Call of this whole project

Votes: 9 9.8%

• Total voters
Level 29
@LISBOAH Need ideas for items/creeps for a Tanaris-themed map.

Creeps
-Crabs
-Hyenas Hyena
-Sand Worms GiantSandWorm (To make it fun, make them stay always burrowed unless a unit approaches their location)
-Serpent Serpent
-Rocs Roc
-Turtles

Items
-Gold Deposits: can give us money
-Mithril Ore: very valuable mineral. Maybe gather a certain quantity in order to receive a reward or an upgrade?
-Truesilver items such as shield or armor: Truesilver is said to be stronger than steel and used for armors

etrX7lk.jpg

DESIGN FOR MISSION#5
- Race/Bossfight mission
- The player will control 3xHeroes (Thrall, Malfurion, Medivh)
- The enemy will control 3xHeroes (Gelbin Mekkatorque, Lor'themar, Jaina)
- The player will be tasked with defeating 1st two bosses and breach into he Final Boss' chamber before the corrupted enemy heroes do so
- If enemy reaches the Final Boss' chamber first he'll win and you'll lose
- During this mission you and your enemy can summon additional creatures to slow/delay/give trouble to either opponents
- Credits to @Quinten for his awesome help

My lovely flaw of all maps I played (besides standard abilities):
After loading map with Load Game shadows of items that are used on picking don't dissapear.

Never encountered this bug before, perhaps it has to do with WC3 version, either ways I'll fix it, would be nice to know all other bugs.

Level 29
etrX7lk.jpg

DESIGN FOR MISSION#5
- Race/Bossfight mission
- The player will control 3xHeroes (Thrall, Malfurion, Medivh)
- The enemy will control 3xHeroes (Gelbin Mekkatorque, Lor'themar, Jaina)
- The player will be tasked with defeating 1st two bosses and breach into he Final Boss' chamber before the corrupted enemy heroes do so
- If enemy reaches the Final Boss' chamber first he'll win and you'll lose
- During this mission you and your enemy can summon additional creatures to slow/delay/give trouble to either opponents
- Credits to @Quinten for his awesome help

I have several questions:
-Will we face the corrupted heroes on a boss fight on the final part of the mission?
-On a later version of the campaign, if we destroy Gelbin's base on the previous chapter, will it change this chapter?
-Why haven't they reached it before we arrived?
-Why do we lose if they reach the Time Chamber first? Are they aiming to destroy it?

Last edited:
I have several questions:
-Will we face the corrupted heroes on a boss fight on the final part of the mission?
-On a later version of the campaign, if we destroy Gelbin's base on the previous chapter, will it change this chapter?
-Why haven't they reached it before we arrived?
-Why do we lose if they reach the Time Chamber first? Are they aiming to destroy it?

-Will we face the corrupted heroes on a boss fight on the final part of the mission? (Sadly, not.. but they'll be present later)
-On a later version of the campaign, if we destroy Gelbin's base on the previous chapter, will it change this chapter? (No, because Gelbin's base will become indestructible)
-Why haven't they reached it before we arrived? (I'll reveal that in mission 4)
-Why do we lose if they reach the Time Chamber first? Are they aiming to destroy it? (Yes)

Level 29
-Will we face the corrupted heroes on a boss fight on the final part of the mission? (Sadly, not.. but they'll be present later)

I always hate those parts during games. If the villains reach first, we instantly lose. But if we reach first, they still are a nuisance and have a chance to win in the future.

It is like on the final mission in "Legacy of the Damned" campaign. We have to take control over all obelisks, and even if we do, Illidan still tries to reach the Frozen Throne. Like, if both factions had the same goal (opening the door to the Frozen Throne) then why the hay does it matter who opens it?

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
Need your awesome ideas for a unique goblin race using resources from Hive. (Will be playable)
Units:
Goblin (melee fast tier 1-2 unit with Defend or resistance to piercing or some other damage)
Goblin Shooter (weak armoured shooter with either burst shots or siege mid-range rocket damage)
Goblin Mech (mid-high tier unit which can be used as either melee normal damage with resistance to everything but spells or in its flying mode with siege splash damage and medium armour. Might not be a fast flyer but more of an average speed based one)
Goblin Steamboat (goblin mid-heavy ship which could also be used as a light transport=not more than 4 units to be loaded at a time)
Goblin Steamroller (effective at crushing infantry with medium armour and shooting ranged unarmoured ranged unis)
Goblin Incinerator (I don't know, maybe some high tier unit with splash damage/abilities?)
Goblin Bombardier (goblin hero based on explosives/AoE abilities and stealth; agility, fragile)
Clockwerk Goblin (resource gatherer and builder?)
Day Laborer (same as above)
Goblin Brawler (strength hero based on damage against stronger units)
Goblin Grenadier (long ranged organic siege unit, fragile but somewhat fast moving)
Goblin Medic (healer/buff giver/disease giver; unarmoured "spell caster")
GoblinHovercraft (fast attacking and moving but somewhat fragile ship)
GoblinWarrior (upgrade to the first unit I linked or something?)
GoblinFireworkerbackup (low damage fast attack splash damage unit; somewhat slow moving and fragile to most attack types)
GoblinSapper (I don't know...)
GoblinZeppelin (transport, siege damage or maybe hits more targets at once with piercing damage; light armoured)
GoblinHeavybot (heavy unit or an upgrade to another, something; have to balance not having too many siege or the same role units though)
GoblinSwashbuckler4 (short ranged unit but with higher damage than long ranged units)
Goblin Fuel Pump
Goblin Juggernaut by Sunchips (melee strong unit with possible support role too, warcries etc.)
Goblin Mage (Variation 1) (magician, necromancer, demonologist, summon based)
https://www.hiveworkshop.com/threads/†-revellion-†s-goblin-engineer.135478/#resource-27577 (Militia type form for goblin workers?)
Goblin Rocket Rider (suicidal flying AoE unit)
Goblin Blaster (shredder upgrade/transition form)
Goblin Submarine (Lowpoly version) (water invisible unit; scouting, stealth tactics sabotage)
HeroGoblinGunslinger (agility hero; shooter, DPS, specialized in killing solo units)
GoblinRemoteAirplane1 (drone or something; scouting, damage; a Gyrocopter copy; could be used as a temporary unit from an ability of a building or something)
GoblinBalloonTroupe (flying unit, slow but good AoE and vs buildings; very weak resistance/armour)
Hobgoblin (fast strong unit but with low movement and resistance)
https://www.hiveworkshop.com/threads/ogre-goblin-cannon-squad.286291/#resource-70381 (could be mid-range siege unit)
https://www.hiveworkshop.com/threads/goblin-engineer.135770/#resource-27588 (ranged unit similar to Riflemen; might have an ability for AoE)
https://www.hiveworkshop.com/threads/hero-goblin-prince-guard.227946/#resource-33944 (not sure if goblinly enough; looks more like an orc)
https://www.hiveworkshop.com/threads/heroblademaster.47439/#resource-20165 (agility hero)
https://www.hiveworkshop.com/threads/pyrix-hellfire.222975/#resource-33366 (sorcerer/witch/spell casting hero)
https://www.hiveworkshop.com/threads/clockwerk-giant.184951/#resource-30580 (higher level clockwork unit for a Tinker like ability?)
https://www.hiveworkshop.com/threads/clockworrior-by-rizz_boomer.162529/#resource-29164 (upgrade to clockwork goblin or just a melee unit)
https://www.hiveworkshop.com/threads/wc2-soc-zeppelin.178444/#resource-30172 (air unit, transport, scout)
https://www.hiveworkshop.com/threads/bombcart-by-rizz_boomer.137767/#resource-27661 (maybe could be useful for something)
https://www.hiveworkshop.com/threads/hero-boom-squad.286275/#resource-67560 (fun hero but would need interesting abilities)

Buildings:

Other stuff:

I always hate those parts during games. If the villains reach first, we instantly lose. But if we reach first, they still are a nuisance and have a chance to win in the future.

It is like on the final mission in "Legacy of the Damned" campaign. We have to take control over all obelisks, and even if we do, Illidan still tries to reach the Frozen Throne. Like, if both factions had the same goal (opening the door to the Frozen Throne) then why the hay does it matter who opens it?
Obviously, gameplay...

Level 5
The Goblin race is something I am expecting. Mostly because while I want Goblins to be more like the common goblin, taking into consideration the the time period that this campaign is taking place is, a more accurate representation would be to have the Goblins similar to their WoW counterparts. A mix of those two could be quite interesting where we have Goblins with dagger and Goblins with rifles and/or other Sci-Fi tech.

This is a race that could be used in so many ways that it's quite hard to make it in such a way that it could work perfectly.

About the Boss Fight, I needed a few attempts to win it. The tornadoes are quite a problem, if you don't sit around the throne that is. There isn't that much to talk about this mission, mostly because it's quite short.

Level 29
The Goblin race is something I am expecting. Mostly because while I want Goblins to be more like the common goblin, taking into consideration the the time period that this campaign is taking place is, a more accurate representation would be to have the Goblins similar to their WoW counterparts. A mix of those two could be quite interesting where we have Goblins with dagger and Goblins with rifles and/or other Sci-Fi tech.

This is a race that could be used in so many ways that it's quite hard to make it in such a way that it could work perfectly.

It is actually ironic if you think about it. The goblins are easily the most corrupted race in Azeroth. Just notice their obsession with money and plenty of amoral, if not immoral, activities they have performed. And yet they will be somehow resist the corruption of the Void Lord and aid us, while individuals far more pure like Rexxar and Cenarius fell into corruption.

About the Boss Fight, I needed a few attempts to win it. The tornadoes are quite a problem, if you don't sit around the throne that is. There isn't that much to talk about this mission, mostly because it's quite short.

In my opinion, the distance between them is too big. I managed to defeat Azeroth's Davy Jones, I mean Admiral Proudmore :D, without them bothering me.

To defeat him I mostly relied on Thrall's Spirit Wolves ability to divert his attention and Malfurion's Heal ability to heal my heroes in case they get closer to dying.

Level 5
It is actually ironic if you think about it. The goblins are easily the most corrupted race in Azeroth. Just notice their obsession with money and plenty of amoral, if not immoral, activities they have performed. And yet they will be somehow resist the corruption of the Void Lord and aid us, while individuals far more pure like Rexxar and Cenarius fell into corruption.

I can understand, but the Void Lord seems to corrupt those with hate in their heart. Goblins are greedy bastards, but they fight for coin not for hate. Mercenaries in some way or form. Sure Cenarius was a hard one for me to understand, being a Demi-God, you would expect him to know about the Void Lord's plan, but nope. He just gets corrupted, we might never find out what started the hatred in his heart (I have some ideas)

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
I don't know if ironic or just not really thought through.
I can understand, but the Void Lord seems to corrupt those with hate in their heart.
Oh, what did Rexxar hate then? If we are to go by that idea, then it might be a 50-50% Azeroth population vs each other.

Level 29
Sure Cenarius was a hard one for me to understand, being a Demi-God, you would expect him to know about the Void Lord's plan, but nope. He just gets corrupted, we might never find out what started the hatred in his heart (I have some ideas)

I would say being killed by the orcs, but on Cataclysm he seems to have forgiven them, as some aided in defending Ashenvale from the Druids of the Flame and the Twilight Hammer and he was okay with it.

I am also wondering about Rexxar...

I have a theory. Before they getting corrupted, the Void Lord manipulated events, like killing their loved ones, so that they would be consumed by hatred, and then could easily be brainwashed

Level 5
I'm not quite sure what Rexxar's hate might be. The death of his wolf companion might be one, but that happened way long ago to even matter. It really looks like a catch 22 when it comes to the people corrupted by the Void Lord.

Level 29
I'm not quite sure what Rexxar's hate might be. The death of his wolf companion might be one, but that happened way long ago to even matter. It really looks like a catch 22 when it comes to the people corrupted by the Void Lord.

Two theories
-Rexxar lost Misha and some other animal companion
-Maybe Rexxar didn't take well the deaths of Cairne and Vol'jin

By the way, @Zenonoth only now did I realize that the Lich King is on the campaign's icon. Will he be one of the main characters?

Two theories
-Rexxar lost Misha and some other animal companion
-Maybe Rexxar didn't take well the deaths of Cairne and Vol'jin

By the way, @Zenonoth only now did I realize that the Lich King is on the campaign's icon. Will he be one of the main characters?

Yes, Thrall, Malfurion, Arthas and Zakuun are the 4 main heroes of this campaign.

Level 29
Yes, Thrall, Malfurion, Arthas and Zakuun are the 4 main heroes of this campaign.

Zakuun? As in Fel Lord Zakuun?

Alright... an orc shaman, a night elf archdruid, a death knight/Lich King and a Fel Lord walk into a bar...:D

Thrall the Earth Warder
Malfurion Stormrage the Archdruid
Arthas Menethil the Lich King
Zakuun the Fel Lord

Shamanism...
Druidism...
Necromancy...
Fel...
Combined!

And thus the most unexpected team was born...

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
It's a custom campaign, nothing is forced to be cannon or accurate.
True, but you can't just expect players to take anything seriously without some sort of explanation. You play TfT and/or WoW, then suddenly in this campaign things are differently. It's hard to take it all in like that without some repulsion.

Level 29
True, but you can't just expect players to take anything seriously without some sort of explanation. You play TfT and/or WoW, then suddenly in this campaign things are differently. It's hard to take it all in like that without some repulsion.

That is true...

No offense @Zenonoth, I love your campaigns and maps, but I hope you explain the plot to avoid people to see some plot-holes.

Is there any progress? It's been awhile since we've had an update
Oh boy, oh boy, the biggest, bestest, coolest chapter is comming out soon. (I dont know when exactly). And 3 chapther in advance of the upcomming one are allready planned and the terrain is rigged. (I wont leak information about them, be patient).

Last edited:
~ * 6TH UPDATE [3/25/2018] * ~
--> [@Quinten Special Update] <--
- Added a new Chapter: The Sands of Tanaris and is now available for testing.

CCStS57.jpg

vgJ6Q25.jpg

- New playable heroes: Gazlowe - Tinker / Marin Noggenfogger - Alchemist
- New playable race: Goblins
- New legendary item: Lor'Themar's Ranseur
- Just as usual AI/Terrain is incomplete and will be updated in the finalized version (Same thing applies to voice acting/spells/units)
- Added major changes to description

KNOW BUGS!
- The Sunkin and Armadillo Portraits won't work for patch 1.26a+

Level 29
~ * 6TH UPDATE [3/25/2018] * ~
--> [@Quinten Special Update] <--
- Added a new Chapter: The Sands of Tanaris and is now available for testing.

CCStS57.jpg

vgJ6Q25.jpg

- New playable heroes: Gazlowe - Tinker / Marin Noggenfogger - Alchemist
- New playable race: Goblins
- New legendary item: Lor'Themar's Ranseur
- Just as usual AI/Terrain is incomplete and will be updated in the finalized version (Same thing applies to voice acting/spells/units)
- Added major changes to description

KNOW BUGS!
- The Sunkin and Armadillo Portraits won't work for patch 1.26a+

My review

-Thrall and Malfurion don't appear both in the cinematic and in during the mission. I tried the Admiral Proudmore map and they don't appear either

Level 29
That's because they're dependent on Gamecache from their previous missions

Ok. Thanks.

If you don't mind, I will use cheats on the previous missions so that I can reach the new mission faster

First mission:
-The mission already talks about shipwrecks and yet Thrall is surprised when he finds a shipwreck
-Why are the prisioners guarded by both night elves, Shadow Council and ogre pirates?
-A Pirate Hat increases intelligence... ironic...
-Make the rescueable units more variable, rather than just grunts

Second mission:
-The "dead" night elves in Tyrande's base have the Corruption buff, plus they dissapear after I reach the base

Third mission
-If I skip the cinematic, Malfurion and Thrall stay close to the ship

Admiral Proudmore bossfight
-Why don't we get EXP from killing his minions?
-The Admiral stays in the same spot and doesn't attack us. The only thing to worry are the tornadoes

Fourth mission
-Grammar mistakes
-How did the goblins knew Thrall would come?
-How does Marin have the key?
-The Human Base is too close to our base to force us to explore the rest of the map
-The Quiraji quest is pretty useless considering that there is an abandoned goldmine north guarded by harpies
-Increase the number of items dropped by creeps
-The Centaur leader doesn't drop any important item
-Make Lor'Themar's base have elven models for the buildings
-What happened to Jaina?
-Make Lor'Themar and Jaina say something
-Really Malfurion? Kael is surrounded by Void Lord's minions and you think he came to repent?
-You added the setback joke!:D
-WTF Medivh?! Why didn't you arrived two seconds earlier and saved Gazlowe and Marin? And why didn't they finish them off while they were sheep?

Last edited:
Level 5
So this mission was quite interesting.

I never had more fun exploring a map like this. Sure the map wasn't the best, but it looked quite nice and pleasent.
The grammar needs improvements, but that is just a minor setback.
Lor'Themar has this tendency to become invisible quite often, which makes him very annoying to fight.
Also on Lor'Themar, after killing him I got no reward, maybe it's the difficulty that I have chosen, but alas the map seems kind of void of items, a few here and there but nothing worth the time.
I think Mal'furion got better as a voice actor, which is quite good.
The story for this one is quite basic, and that isn't something that bad, we know what we are doing and why we are doing it. But Mal'furion seems to have suffered brain damage the moment he saw Kael'thas.
The Goblin race looks wonderful, the gunner has a problem of his portrait not showing. The Goblin Kart has this stupid way of dying, he doesn't decay but rather he just stand there stuck in the ground, at some point one was stuck in the ground with the moving animation, that was quite funny.
The ending cinematic made me wonder who was that Shredder with Lor'Themar, Kael'thas and Jaina, but now I know he is a sheep.
Medivh acted like a Deus Ex Machina, which quite frankly that is what I always thought he was, like the Dragon Ball's in Dragon Ball Z.

Level 29
Also on Lor'Themar, after killing him I got no reward, maybe it's the difficulty that I have chosen, but alas the map seems kind of void of items, a few here and there but nothing worth the time.

Most of the "bosses" in this mission don't drop anything that is worth the time spent fighting them.

The ending cinematic made me wonder who was that Shredder with Lor'Themar, Kael'thas and Jaina, but now I know he is a sheep.

That Shredder is Gelbin Mekkatorque, who too is corrupted. He was the one leading the gnomes in the previous chapter.

Medivh acted like a Deus Ex Machina, which quite frankly that is what I always thought he was, like the Dragon Ball's in Dragon Ball Z.

Too bad he didn't come in time to save Gazlowe and Marin.

Level 5
That Shredder is Gelbin Mekkatorque, who too is corrupted. He was the one leading the gnomes in the previous chapter.

Too bad he didn't come in time to save Gazlowe and Matin.

Weridly enough how I forgot about him, then again it has been some time since I played Chapter Three.

The main story seems to focus on Thrall and Malfurion, if their quest in time works then Gazlowe and Matin will still be alive.

Level 29
Hello guys, any feedback so far on the latest added chapter 'The Sands of Tanaris'?

I did the terrain and decoration for all the maps thus far (except the 1st one) and i would like to improve my terraining skills for the upcomming chapters for this campaign.

The terrain was good and diverse. The problem is that the enemy base is so close to our base... and a pity @Zenonoth didn't put those Sand Worms I suggested

The terrain was good and diverse.
Thanks! I'm doing my very best to make Zenonoth's templates into immersive and diverse landscapes every time he's got another task for me.

The problem is that the enemy base is so close to our base...
I pointed this out to him too, but he said it was okay... I think this will be adjusted in the finalized version for sure.

and a pity @Zenonoth didn't put those Sand Worms I suggested
That woulve been cool, but also hard to program. I'm not sure about this, but once he found a propper AI programmer, he might still add it in the finalized version, but im not sure.

Level 29
I pointed this out to him too, but he said it was okay... I think this will be adjusted in the finalized version for sure.

I hope so, because otherwise we won't have time to explore the rest of the map if the enemy keeps attacking us.

That woulve been cool, but also hard to program. I'm not sure about this, but once he found a propper AI programmer, he might still add it in the finalized version, but im not sure.

You can see here. I don't find it too hard.
GiantSandWorm

I hope so, because otherwise we won't have time to explore the rest of the map if the enemy keeps attacking us
Hmmm, technically having the enemy closer to you shouldnt cause the enemy to attack more frequently.

You can see here. I don't find it too hard.
GiantSandWorm
Thats not what i meant, I thought one of those dune worms might become a optional boss fight with attack patterns and such (e.g. burrowing and different attack moves and such)