1. Are you planning to upload your awesome model to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Ogre Goblin Cannon Squad

Submitted by Hayate
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
Ogre Goblin Cannon Squad
Entry for the 29th Modeling Contest

Just a quick rush, Last minute rush to chase the deadline, i can't believe I finish from Wrap, Texture, Rigginh and Aniamtion with 1 day plus, phew! now me gotta get a cup of tea and chill

kinda give up on make it look good on time, will just submit this one that has not been touch up yet, I will change the cannon and Optimize the texture to the best (If possible). I will do touches on my next holiday, going back to assignment ;V sad life.

EDIT:

And So here we go, Not the Best touches and definitely still have things to add, but I don't really feel like rushing anymore, so

Changelog 09/07/2016:
1. Added Portrait and Portrait talk Animation,
2. Fixes some Clipping, Improve death animation,
3. Improve some Part of animation, Added Footprint,
4. Added Friggin Attachment Point that I goddamn Forgot,
5. Increased the contrast of the texture slightly, (Cause the Computer I use now do not have the tools, I GIMP that I not familar with now, because of bootcamp, Havent get photoshop yet. )
6. And some other fixes that I might forgotten.

Changelog 01/08/2017
1. Fixed the Overhead and Origin attachment's position and hopefuly everything is working well now

If By any chance that I misunderstood and Actually are not allow to update, The Original Unedited model is here: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/attachments/ogre-goblin-cannon-squad-zip.242527/
Contents

Ogre Goblin Squad (Model)

Reviews
HappyCockroach
We should give THW more squads! :p Looks great, and works well in-game. The issue with attachments is fixed. Approved, but I'll suggest you to redo that walk animation. The arms and legs tend to be in opposite positions, not on the same one. I say you...
  1. Rubellu Sidus

Rubellu Sidus

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Death Animation is very nice, the Ogre smashing them haha! Very nice concept and animations.

Say no to Ogrish slavery!

2. Hayate

Hayate

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Thanks, And subscribe

3. stein123

stein123

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    i love it! very creative :3

4. Naze

Naze

Arena Moderator

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Yay Hayate! For a moment you made me believe you were giving up finishing this model. I'm happy I was fooled about that :p

5. Edge45

Edge45

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Awesome work dude.
    The arms are kinda too plainy, but that's a matter of the texture. Nice mesh and animations :)

6. JesusHipster

JesusHipster

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    My biggest concern was that goblins will look too highpoly when compared with ogre, but in the end it all looks very very nice. Good job.

7. Hardtime

Hardtime

Resources:
    Resources:
    I think the walk animations could use a little work. Smoothen the walk up a little because doesn't seem organic in a way that mismatches when beside other WC3 models. Maybe also fatten up the Ogre's legs to help a little bit :) Ogre baby legs hahaha. Lastly replace the cannon ball texture with something else because they look like a pile of stones and their shades don't have shadows making them blend in too much with each other, know what Im saying? :) It's been a while since I've last liked a model man, hope you take my feedback optimistically, good luck man ;)

8. Hayate

Hayate

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    i will improve them, thanks for the comment :p But that would be the next holiday in a couple weeks later

9. Kyrbi0

Kyrbi0

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Awwww snap.

So guess what? You win the "Most Creative" award, and the "Got the Most Done in the Least Amount of Time" award, in my book. This was absolutely a wild ride, bud. : )

I have to say that a giant, bespectacled Ogre wielding a massive cannon & being ridden by 3 gnarly Goblins is just hands-down the most interesting & unique model out of this whole Contest (& in general, for a while). The animations are just the essentials, but they get the job done, and even have a little fun in them (in Stand - Ready, all the Goblins are doing something, which is neat).

Say what they will about the end-product, but the fact that you cranked this whole thing out (including a hand-drawn texture!!!) in such a short time really says something; it's quite an accomplishment. You may not win the Contest but you will definitely turn some heads, and hey, it's an achievement to look back on with pride!

You probably already know all the problem areas (some texture issues, little animation tweaks, etc), so I won't bother. I will say that for one, he could use just a dash of Team Color on his left side; a little TC arm-band or something would go a long (the TC pauldron & TC goblin-bandanna are good, just a little tiny from the in-game view IMO). For two, while it's impressive to see hand-drawn texturing from you, and it's surprisingly close to what I would consider "Warcraftiness", it still lacks a certain something. Seems relatively flat. Perhaps better shading (says the non-artist)?

Anyway, this looks cool & you are cool. Worth putting off the Tyraptosaurus Rex for. : ) Take a well-deserved break.

Good luck on the Contest!

10. I love those Goblins... ehehehe Nice work DUDE! Gj!!!

11. Tauer

Tauer

Resources:
    Models:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Dude, I'm really impressed with this one. Especially considering the fact that you completed the mesh, texture and animations so quickly. Is this your first texture? You've managed to create that WC3 feel spot on, and it looks even better after the update.
    You've managed to fix almost all problems I had with the model after updating it. The walk cycle could maybe use some more work, but those are always hard. Also the death animation could use a little more weight.

12. Hayate

Hayate

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Will tinker those next holiday XD
    Thanks for the feedback

The Mesh was done a lot earlier (For the Ogre) before my "rushing hour", and i got a long pause and continue with texture and the rest in the "rushing hour", was though of abandon this guy actually, but since I was given chance, so might as well not waste it

This was my maybe 2nd or 3rd? my first successful attempt was Santa Claus

13. Castwork

Castwork

Resources:
    Resources:
    Very nice!

14. JesusHipster

JesusHipster

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Review: needs fix

This is an amazing model that fits very very well within wc3 and it's style, but please fix those chest and origin attachment points.

15. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    It's a bit weird. I mean what's the idea? Is that a fishing pole that is supposed to hold the cannon? If so, it's supposed to stop the recoil towards the ground not upwards (else risk of shooting himself in the face). Also, the lil dude that's supposed to load the eggs isn't actually putting them inside the cannon's through its back but a bit to the left, outside of it.
    Is the ogre blind (or blindfolded?)? How can he walk? I guess that chain is supposed to make a sound for the ogre to follow and it's also supposed to be used as a weapon aiming tool.
    4.25/5.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2017
  16. Hayate

Hayate

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Well I know is silly, but the main idea is, One of the Goblin to reload the cannon, one of it with the binocular to see the target and the fishing pole is used to aim for the ogre as the ogre is blind. Oh well, Just some wierd idea for this anyway

17. WhiteFang

WhiteFang

Resources:
    Resources:
    This looks great,and is very creative.I really,really like this.Nice work my friend

18. HappyCockroach

HappyCockroach

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    We should give THW more squads! :p Looks great, and works well in-game. The issue with attachments is fixed. Approved, but I'll suggest you to redo that walk animation. The arms and legs tend to be in opposite positions, not on the same one. I say you should fix it as a matter of consistency, since you have an incredible animation work in other anims, mainly in attack.

19. Hayate

Hayate

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Will reanimate the walk and along with more animation when i have the time