1. Are you planning to upload your awesome model to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Goblin Tower

Submitted by skymarshall
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
Goblin tower with moving gears.

Took inspiration from Rizz Boomer's Goblin Techtower, and built this using a lot of copy/pasting from in-game structures.

Fits thematically with Ujimasa Hojo's goblin buildings and my Goblin Outpost (town hall)

Uses in-game textures.

Keywords:
Goblin, Tower, Structure, Building
Contents

Goblin Tower (Model)

Reviews
13:49, 19th Jun 2015 MiniMage: Useful.
  1. 13:49, 19th Jun 2015
    MiniMage: Useful.

2. Footman16

Footman16

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Wow, brilliant file-size for a building. Good job!

3. skymarshall

skymarshall

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    The 3 buildings I've uploaded this week should be a big help if you're planning to do a goblin race map!

I'm working on a mod to add goblins as a full race, and found tons of cool goblin units on THW but found I needed more buildings - hence I wasted hours of my life making these :)

4. Footman16

Footman16

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Not a Goblin race map unfortunately but a different kind of map. Still good to have on the Hive though.

5. Stefan.K

Stefan.K

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    This looks great. And the filesize is just wow.

6. Chaosium

Chaosium

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Very sweet! The only thing that bothers me is the base which I think is quite big for a tower, but meh that might just be me.

7. Admiral Proudmoore

Admiral Proudmoore

Resources:
    Resources:
  8. Edge45

Edge45

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Hmm, the Stand Work is just sweet :) 4/5

9. Eagle XI

Eagle XI

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    I suppose this can be used as sort of an Tech-Center you build to unlock better units and houses their upgrades.

10. skymarshall

skymarshall

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    My plan was to use this as a caster construction building, and use donut's junkyard model as an upgrade building, but hey, you can do what you like with it now that I've shared it :)

11. xyzier_24

xyzier_24

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Sweet! 4/5 goblinilicious.

12. WhiteFang

WhiteFang

Resources:
    Resources:
    Very useful and interesting.I'm loving your goblin models

13. Kam

Kam

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    This is outstanding. The work animation is perfect for goblins.

14. krumpetz

krumpetz

Resources:
    Resources:
    Downloaded.

15. Kyrbi0

Kyrbi0

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    OK, Positives first:

I love this. A unique Goblin building, very simple but almost universally-useful in it's simplicity. A tower, a farm, a factory, a depot, an engineering bay... It could be anything! And while it's easy to see what each part comes from, it's an eclectic & unique mixture that I have yet to see (Rizz_Boomer's notwithstanding); a fitting homage to RB's building (which is also stellar).

The only things I could see changing:
    - It almost seems too perfect... As in, too symmetrical, too even. Goblins are renowned for haphazard, confusing machinery & architecture; crooked stuff, bent things, strange pipes. This is almost too 'clean'. Perhaps it could be tilted a bit (aka "leaning tower of gob-isa" :p)? Perhaps one of the gears could rotate in the opposite direction (and/or @ a different speed)? Perhaps a few extra doodads to emphasize the cluttered, unkempt nature of Goblins (boxes, explosives, extra pipes, flags, etc).
    - Along with the last bit of the above comment, I would consider some more TC. If you're not sure where it could go (neither am I), perhaps a nurny-addition could provide the space (see above).
    - I really can't think of what exactly this is to be used for; in part it's "anyman's building"-ness means it's not particular enough. What did you you have in mind for it? Ah, seen your above comment. Welp, that makes sense. Though of course, depending on what kind of casters you have in your Goblin race, this might need some specialization (i.e. Alchemy-dudes, or Mech-dudes, or Explosive-dudes) as in the above. Meh, maybe.

Very good work. I'm excited to see more Goblin/Building/whatever models from you (and for the former, let me know if you need any... inspiration :p)

//EDIT// - So you too are making a Goblin race? Lol, who isn't. : ) I would love to hear more about that...

16. Ujimasa Hojo

Ujimasa Hojo

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Again awesome work. Try having the gears go on opposite directions at different speeds.

17. skymarshall

skymarshall

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    kyrbi0,

thanks again for balanced feedback!

since I'm doing a few goblin buildings, I really wanted a couple to be free of goblin nurnies, and tried to give this one character by making the tower itself a bit crooked - figuring that the rotating gears and funnels were enough silliness.

I did try out a couple of different things with the gears, but in the end this was my favorite. My original idea was to have the whole middle section rotate, but this just looked ugly

There's one point you raised earlier that I really wanted to fix myself before I uploaded the model - and that's that the biggest funnel on my Goblin Outpost is just too stretched. I really need some ideas here (i.e. suggestions for model fragments I could pilfer) - I think the size itself for the funnel is what the model needs, but the texture is stretched to the extent that the blacksmith funnel doesn't look quite right. I tried putting a smaller funnel on a new block of structure, but that looked inferior, so I ended up leaving as is.

18. KAIL333XZ

KAIL333XZ

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    You've made an awesome Goblin buildings pack. All the buildings are goodlooking and really useful. Their style is also very canon. I definetly like it! 5/5!

19. SylvainRock

SylvainRock

Resources:
    Resources:
    Help me

I can't see the tower help me please
    [​IMG]