• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

What will happen to Arthas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 18
The Lich King (Arthas/Ner'zhul) Will die.. The model even has a death animation already.. The Lich King falls to the ground.. his helmet drops.. He attempts to reach it.. But he dies before that.. Now the only question is.. Who'll be the new Lich King.. Because there must be a Lich King, even though the Lich King would die. Other would have to take his place.. The suggestion what would happend after Lich King's death is that Bolvar Fordragon would rise as the new Lich King.. And most likely be a fag that would possibly destroy the Scourge so it couldnt cause any harm to Azeroth... Now thats a wall of text for you!

Arthas will be killed, be looted, reset in a week, be kileld, be looted...

Nah, you go up to his room each run and his corpse is on the ground. When you try to loot it it will say "You do not have permission to loot that corpse."

Moments later, Bolvar will spawn wearing the Lich King's armour and slaughter the raid. If you manage to kill him as well, Scourgelord Tyrannus will arise from the Citadel and yell "Another shall take his place. You waste your time."

Level 31
okay, i didn't read the whole thread but i'm going to just post EXACTLY what happened, you can believe me or not but this is what's valid and the 100% truth.

in the new arthas novel, when arthas and ner'zhul fuse there is a vision.

ner'zhul, arthas, and some child are there.

arthas kills the child and ner'zhul is like "yes, now we are one!"

then arthas says "no, i am one!" or something like that and kills ner'zhul, taking full control of the lich king.

also, frostmourne was never added to the game and never will be, blizzard says they have plans for it. the frostmourne that blizz made was merely an easter egg or its flavor text wouldn't be "Hail to the king, baby!"

instead of frostmourne, there will be a long quest chain to attain shadowmourne.

also, arthas is BEYOND redemption, he IS going to die wether anyone wants it or not, blizzard has even already made a death animation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RyTsZ1gVpqQ

also, the last part of arthas was destroyed when tirion' destroyed arthas' heart in a quest.

the end.

Level 6
Mmhmm. We can now consider him as "just another boss", like Illidan. Another added.

Vashj: Welcome to the club! :D

Level 8
i do not see WoW lore as real lore so pleas people stop saying Arthas will be killed in raids. this is not lore this is stupidity.

Now what will happen to Arthas. NOTHING there is no arthas there is no Ner'zul, they merged. it is uncertain what exactly happened tough some versions says arthas took control over the entire being another says they really completely merged and became a new entity. so the real question is really:
what will happen to the Lich king? the same that will happen to any lich that is presumably "killed". A lich is a soul that has survived death and is wrapped into a new body, powerful undead spell casters. mostly warlocks of the horde became liches tough the new generation of liches are humans from the cult of the damned. Kel'thuzad is one such example. every lich has a phylactery containing it's soul, most of the time this phylactery is an amulet. In the case of the Lich king it is his helmet. as long as the helmet survives The lich king will survive. though probably very slow his body will regenerate and his powers will come back. unless humanity is smart enough to destroy it, witch probably won't happen...

Kind regards,
Yours Phoonix.

Level 15
It's official lore, in your opinion only it is fictional.

Arthas and Ner'Zhul were the Lich King, but in Arthas: Rise of the Lich King, Arthas killed Ner'Zhul and took the power for himself, but it could be assumed that there is no more Arthas, only Lich King, because he isn't the same anymore.

in warcraft lore, there must always be a Lich King, to control the scourge, else they would eradicate everything.

Level 8
yes because a god like undead lich being killed by 20 people behind their computers over and over again is official lore...

Level 3
I cant help it but Arthas reminds me so much of Anakin Skywalker in episode III. Arthas would stop at nothing to try to save his homeland, but he eventually was the one to kill off his people. Just like Anakin would stop at nothing to save his wife padme', but his anger and desire for power led him to kill his wife.

-I dont know if im making any sense >_< but i see a connection between the two.

Level 8
like i said, if they don't destroy his helm. witch contains his soul, The lich king will ALWAYS live on.

Destroy the Helm of Domination and find Azeroth swarmed with the raging undead.

Here's an in-game excerpt from the Halls of Reflection intro:

Uther said:
Uther the Lightbringer says: There is... something else that you should know about the Lich King. Control over the Scourge must never be lost. Even if you were to strike down the Lich King, another would have to take his place. For without the control of its master, the Scourge would run rampant across the world - destroying all living things.

[...]

Uther the Lightbringer says:
I do not know, Jaina. I suspect that the piece of Arthas that might be left inside the Lich King is all that holds the Scourge from annihilating Azeroth.

In other words, the Lich King isn't the source of the undead life force, which is proven by the fact of independent necromancers raising dead, but instead, he is more like a master of puppets, hence the need for a new Lich King. The Helm of Domination is a medium which enables control over the undead. That's why Ner'zhul was encased with the entire armor.

Level 23
Indeed it was. But what will happen to the Scourge next? Will it remain the same, but inactive, or become the force of law? Blizzard totally f*cked up the Scourge as everything else, but like always they made an interesting ending and explanation.

But Nerzhul is still part of the Lich King...

Level 11
I don't know if you guys are being sarcastic or don't read the damn thread before you post. We already know what happens to Arthas, the two links posted above is the video showing it.

But for those who can't see youtube videos here's what happens:
Arthas is defeated, on his final moments, Frostmourne is shattered, releasing the spirit of his father and what was left of his own:
Arthas talking to his father: Father! Is it over?
Father (forgot his name): At long last. No king rules forever, my son.
Arthas: I see... only darkness... before me. *dies*

There is more stuff not related to Arthas after that, but i'm lazy and don't want to write down the whole thing. Go watch it. :D

Level 19
Uhhh... Did you play Warcraft 3's campaigns at all? Arthas went evil of his own will. He became the Lich King of his OWN will when he put on that helmet in the end of Frozen Throne. Like the poster said above, he is beyond redemption. He willingly chose to throw his own soul for power.

Well... That is true, but wasn't the main purpose of getting Frosmourne = Killing this dreadlord called Mal'Ganis? (Which in this case isn't really 'evil' because he was only doing it to save his people... Or at least get rid of the Undead that were being a threat to his people...)

PS: And yes I know Arthas went to a point of killing his own people, but it was only to prevent the Undead from causing more harm...

Edit: Whoops, I forgot to read the above about Arthas... Sorry, I think there's nothing much I should be able to say right now...

Last edited:

The Lich King kills all players at once.
The Lich King yells: No question remains unanswered. No doubts linger. You are Azeroth's greatest champions! You overcame every challenge I laid before you. My mightiest servants have fallen before your relentless onslaught, your unbridled fury... Is it truly righteousness that drives you? I wonder.
The Lich King yells:
You trained them well Fordring. You delivered the greatest fighting force this world as ever know right into my hands, exactly as I intended. You shall be rewarded for your unwitting sacrifice.
The Lich King begins to cast a resurrection spell.

The Lich King yells:
Watch now as I raise them from the dead to become masters of the Scourge. They will shroud this world in chaos and destruction. Azeroth's fall will come at their hands -- and you will be the first to die.
The Lich King yells: I delight in the irony.
Highlord Tirion Fordring yells:
Light, grant me one final blessing. Give me the strength to shatter these bonds.
Light smites the ice block, freeing Tirion. Tirion jumps and strikes Frostmourne with the Ashbringer, shattering it.
The Lich King yells:
Impossible...
The souls trapped inside Frostmourne escape and swirl around the Lich King, lifting him in the air.
The ghost of Terenas Menethil II appears.
Terenas Menethil II yells:
Free at last! It is over, my son. This is the moment of reckoning.
Terenas' ghost begins to cast a resurrection spell.

Terenas Menethil II yells:
Rise up, champions of the Light!
Terenas resurrects all players.

The Lich King yells: Now I stand, the lion before the lambs... and they do not fear.
The Lich King yells:
They cannot fear.
The swirling maelstrom of souls stops and the Lich King falls to the ground, losing the Helm of Domination.
Arthas tries to reach for it but loses what little strength he has and collapses.
Well, there you have it. Players don't get to kill Arthas, and his death animation now makes more sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.