• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Lich Kings Next Move

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Wow, is, an great game. But it is overrated, by a massive amount.

Umm not sure of your point but imagine it this way.

WoW Lore: We is mixed up-ed, lets create an odd offshoot of the kickass demons to be [creative]

REAL Lore: Draeni are Fish/Whale teeth people, they are on the Horde, get over it.

The Draenei didn't turn into Eredar. The Eredar stayed the Eredar. And the ones on Prophet Velen's side, who didn't become evil, became the Draenei. I know that when I said get the Titans I doubt that would happen but still knowing them they would find a way. WoW is a very fun game. It's just they messed around with the lore and crap. That rilly pisses me off

Rofl! That sentence has more truth to it then anyone will ever know. It's sad how WoW has just taken over the WC3 lore, and it's now twisted to suite whatever purposes the WoW DEvs have in mind.

Proof of this? I was watching the DVD that came with the BC collecters addition. They were talking about the new races. One of the devs said something like "We wanted to screw everybody up and make the Blood Elves on the Hord and the Draenei on the alliance. So we did, and then we came up with a story to make it all work". This disgusts me. The people that put so much time into creating the original lore must be pulling their hair out at what the WoW devs are doing to it. Lore should come first, crazy ideas second, not the other way around. I for one am sick and frekaing tired of Blizzard constantly screwing up their once beautiful lore to better fit their twisted needs.

WoW is a great game. It's the Dev's that ruin everything. They have completely ruined the Lore. But the part where they said,"We wanted to screw everybody up and make the Blood Elves on the Horde and the Draenei on the alliance," is completely stupid. Well the Draenei hate the orcs because they raided the Temple Of Karabor and turned it into the Black Temple, so why would they join the Horde. And the Alliance hates Blood Elves because Kael'thas continues to use demonic magic, so why would they join the Alliance. It makes perfect sense to me.

There are many parts that are messed up though. Like Akama in Wc3 is a Lost One, basicly a corrupted Draenei, and in WoW he is a Broken. Brokens are once again corrupted Draenei, but not so extremely corrupted.

Level 4
"Lol Titan smakage time! lol it would take about one finger off a titan to smake the whole planet down. One titan can take the whole burning legion (Sargeras had no problem tackling it)"

There aren't that many titans, if I remember correctly. Isn't there like; 6? And Sargeras was among the mightiest titan, and I think after thousands upon thousands of years of Combat and Physical and Magical Evolution, the Burning Legion would be far superior to the primordial hordes of unorganized demons they once were. Could Sargeras take an old God? Probably.

Level 12
No way, it took all the Titans a huge epic battle to put the Old Gods away. And isn't there a huge pantheon of titans? But yeah, the titans would get totally smaked one on one with an Old God. Kinda like ChaosOverlord smaking down noobs (no offense meant)

Level 9
1) The titans left Azeroth, they will never return, that's why they putted the dragons in charge and placed the well of eternity in the center of the world.
2) The dragons failed in their task: 2 dragon flights have been corrupted and one had been annihilated. Only the bronze and red remained clean, but the bronze dragon flight are caring nothing but himself (and their beloved time line of course) and the red dragon flight have been greatly weakened because the events of the second war. That is why the dragon flight can't offer much help to the mortals in their fighting.
3) The ones who responsible for Sargeras corruption are the Nathrezim, not the Eredar.
4) The Draenei don't hate the orcs only because they slaughtered the Priests of Karabor and claimed it for their own; they hate them because they did this in all the regions of Outland. After the pact with the burning legion, the orcs attacked every Draenei civilization; it was all part of Kil'jaeden plan to annihilate the Draenei. His revenge was complete; more then 80% from the Draenei population slaughtered by the Orcish horde, and the rest were corrupted by their fel energies and transformed into the broken (of course, there were still few who remained in their original form).
5) There are many titans, not only 6; the titans are divided into 2 races: the Aesir and the Vanir. The 6 most powerful and wise titans (7 if you including Sargeras) are the titan's leaders: the "Pantheons".
6) Sargeras physical body has been destroyed by Aegwynn, and after Medivh died his spirit banished to the twisted nether. Now he is wondering the nether, unable to find a body powerful enough to hold his spirit.
So Sargeras is not actually dead, and I do not think that there is power strong enough to return him to his full power.
7) Kil'jaeden (and Archimonde) is known as an Eredar that trying to avoid battle as long as he could. He prefers to let his massive legion to do the fighting for him, and to come in the right time to claim his prize.
That is why Kil'jaeden sent Illidan to destroy Ner'zhul from the beginning instead of deal with him single-handedly. It seems that at this moment Kil'jaeden focusing his efforts in destroying Illidan, he completely ignoring the Lich King.
But I am sure that after he will finish with Illidan, the Lich King will be next in line to be punished.

Last edited:
Level 12
Wow you know a lot about warcraft lore, but there are a few things I would like to say. What about the green dragons? They are still alive. You did not mention them at all. Also, both the races corrupted Sargeras, not only the Nathrezim (although they could seeing as they are the coolest race in Warcraft).

Level 9
I said 2 dragon flights have been corrupted, and I meant to the black and green. The green dragon flight realm, the emerald dream, is now under the corruption of the nightmare- which his source is suspected to be the Old Gods. Most of the green dragons fell to the corruption of the nightmare. Currently, the night elves demigod Cenarius, Arch druid Malfurion and the Green dragon aspect Ysera are trying to vanquish the nightmare and to return the dream to be pure once again. That’s why the green flight is paralyzed at that moment at least.
And for the ones who corrupted Sargeras: Blizzard first version was that the Eredar corrupted him but then they changed it to the Nathrezim.
the Eredar were peaceful, uncorrupted race before Sargeras came.

Level 8
Ok. to save more endless pages of spam:

-YES: the wow div's are IDIOTS
-NO: the last few pages are not related to the topic of the thread
-YES: the storyline is very complex and hard to understand
-NO: I do not know where anyone can find a complete copy of the entire Warcraft Lore

(no offense to anyone, just the straying from the topic is kind of itching at me)
/On-Topic-

I think the Lich King is going to first construct a magical plauge, similar to the one that previously hit Lordaeron, but the new one would infect Eredaer, Sin'dorei, Night Elves, Orcs, Tauren, Forsaken and Demons/Pit Lords. Even if he only hit the Burning Legion with the new Plauge, it would span every single world that the Legion had conqured, giving Ner'Arthas millions, if not billions of new, powerfull minons. I mean imagine if you had an undead Maneroth charging at you, you just can't beat that. Then after the Legion has been defeated he can revise the Plauge to go get the other mortals.

Level 9
The blue dragon flight is recovering since the second war, after Malygos accepted Alexstrasza help. However, right now there are only few hundreds blue dragons in the entire world, and most of them young and inexperienced in battle.
Chaos Overlord, the source of most of the information about the nightmare is from Warcraft RPG: Shadow and Light. But the most recent information is from the Conversation between Malfurion and Remulos in the Moonglade.

Ratherion, you idea is original but not realistic:
In the first plague Ner'zhul corrupted the humans' food sources in order to spread it quickly and secretly. But in order to create a new plague in the size you speaking of, The Lich King will need to corrupt all the food sources in the world? It is too much of a work for him. It will be easier for him to begin a new war.
And if The Lich King will try such a thing, the legion will not be affected; the legion does not eat, sleep or drink, so the lich king can't spread the plague in their ranks, and besides the legion is too vast to be corrupted.

Level 8
In the first plague Ner'zhul corrupted the humans' food sources in order to spread it quickly and secretly. But in order to create a new plague in the size you speaking of, The Lich King will need to corrupt all the food sources in the world? It is too much of a work for him. It will be easier for him to begin a new war.
And if The Lich King will try such a thing, the legion will not be affected; the legion does not eat, sleep or drink, so the lich king can't spread the plague in their ranks, and besides the legion is too vast to be corrupted.

I think I may have given the wrong impression when I said "Plauge", let me be me thurough.

What I am speaking of is a Magical Plauge, not plauge spawned by magic, but a plauge designed to specificly target, corrupt, and destroy magic, similar to the Legion's taint in falwood, but on a much larger scale, so that it would spread across even the most massive spans in time and space due to the extensive magic exuded by the Legion. While it is not physical, it could potentialy target anything that used or lived off magic, such as demons, dragons, elves, eredaer, naga or even titans. That way it would not need a physical host, and could jump across into the very mainstream of magic that is present in all dimensions, corrupting and obliterating everywhere, regardless of distance.

And although one may argue that the Legion/demons/spell immune people may be immune to such a nectroic taint, you have to remember that even a demon is not immune to pure necrotic energy, the only unaffected denizens would be the Forsaken and the Scourge, and the Forsaken can't really stand up to the Lich King's full force.

Level 8
Hmmm… a 'plague' in such sizes and power requirea unimaginable power source, I do not thing there is such a thing in the entire Warcraft universe…

But that's the thing, it would replicate like an organic plague, breeding even faster than bacteria. Plus Ner'Arthas is uber-uber 1337 anyway, so he could give it a major jumpstart in the growth process

Level 25
I would suspect that most demons are immune to the plague

Anywho, you can see Arthas' work already in the Plaguelands. His latest attempt was the Naxxramas opening event thing

Just cause he isn't running around, generally cause he's, you know, the LEADER of the entire Scourge, doesn't mean he's not doing things

Level 9
"Demonic Traits
The demonic subtype conveys the following traits
- Immunity to death effects, fire, necromantic effect and poison."

-Taken from Warcraft RPG: manual of monsters, which is by the way printed at 2003 (for the ones who always keep saying: "WOW IS RUINING THE LORE!!!")

Level 8
True. Does anyone have extensive knowledge of the charm effect? I belive it is similar to the banshee's possesion, with the caster overwhelming the victim's soul with their own, the increased power level of the Rangers allow them to do this multiple times, I belive if it is just soul possesion then the Nathrezirim could not resist it.

Level 3
Proof of this? I was watching the DVD that came with the BC collecters addition. They were talking about the new races. One of the devs said something like "We wanted to screw everybody up and make the Blood Elves on the Hord and the Draenei on the alliance. So we did, and then we came up with a story to make it all work". This disgusts me. The people that put so much time into creating the original lore must be pulling their hair out at what the WoW devs are doing to it. Lore should come first, crazy ideas second, not the other way around. I for one am sick and frekaing tired of Blizzard constantly screwing up their once beautiful lore to better fit their twisted needs.

To whoever said that the Lich King doesn't do anything, he just leaves it to his subordinates. WRONG. Absolutely wrong. The chief power of the Lich King is controlling others. He posessed every creature of Northrend at once and forced them to do his bidding. He is what making his army win. If you think about it, the Undead shouldn't be that much of the fighting force.... They have no will, no drive. What do they want? Well, probably to rest. So why then would they go on an exhausting campaign to wipe Azeroth off the map?

Because the Lich King is willing them to.

Ok, first off, METZEN APROVED THE NEW LORE! All lore goes through him, otherwise it wouldn't be in the game. He creates almost all of the lore, and the rest goes through him. Without his approval, its not in the game!

Second, the Lich King hasn't possessed very creature in Northrend. There are Furbolgs, Tuskarr, Blue Dragons, Frost Trolls, Magnatuar, rebel Nerubains, etc, etc, still left fighting him!

Level 2
k first i think that the arthas thing should be a ALL OUT major multi raid party raid and i read something here on illidan and i would like to point out that who illidan is is all tyrandes fault even the second well of eternity was illidan trying to impress her and the naga was as well lets face it people its all tyrandes fault {}[]/\ ()

Level 15
Seriously, the game is boring as shit until you hit the level cap anyway. You got your facts wrong there. I'm not much of a WoW fan, but your views are obviously biased because you dislike the game.

Get your facts straight next time.

Ah, a good dose of hypocrisy. Sometimes I wonder if you even know what you're saying.

Second, the Lich King hasn't possessed very creature in Northrend. There are Furbolgs, Tuskarr, Blue Dragons, Frost Trolls, Magnatuar, rebel Nerubains, etc, etc, still left fighting him!

A large chunk of Ner'zhul's early forces were mind-controlled Trolls.
Bear in mind these races are in no way aligned, so must server their own agendas and also fight each other.
The Blue Dragonflight strives to guard the Dragonblight from the Lich King as he's using it to create his Frost Wurms.
Nerubians can't be mind-controlled and are very much broken after the war.
There's also Storm Giants, a titan hold (possible Earthern/Dwarves), Naga and supposed Alliance remains.

Level 8
The Alliance is pretty much dead I think... I mean bascily the only real force of survivors left with Jaina, and they all got OWNED by Rexxar and Thrall... Basicly it's just a small city on Theramore Isle and a few straggling survivors over in Lordaeron? I am not sure...

And... Mild Necropost?

Level 2
Ok, first off, METZEN APROVED THE NEW LORE! All lore goes through him, otherwise it wouldn't be in the game. He creates almost all of the lore, and the rest goes through him. Without his approval, its not in the game!

I'd like to tell you that Metzen is employed by Blizzard, and even though I definately don't hope it is like this, the recent happenings in WoW lore compared to the brilliance of the Warcraft III lore, I am getting the feeling that Metzen faces unemployment if he doesn't just make up some good story to back up the Dev's decisions.
And, although the story might not be the best, I still have to say it keeps up.

And we also have to remember that Kel'thuzad is -not- dead, even if he has faced the Nihilum-effect, he managed to flee to Icecrown Glacier. Also, Illidan, was already thought dead at the end of TFT, so technically that's not a very great loss, and he didn't die at the hand of raiding players either, he died at the hand of Maiev.

Level 15
The Alliance is pretty much dead I think... I mean bascily the only real force of survivors left with Jaina, and they all got OWNED by Rexxar and Thrall... Basicly it's just a small city on Theramore Isle and a few straggling survivors over in Lordaeron? I am not sure...

And... Mild Necropost?

What?

Did you forget Stormwind, Ironforge, heck... the Draenei? The Alliance if far from dead. Also Lordaeron is Undercity... full of Forsaken.

Level 8
Basicly it's just a small city on Theramore Isle and a few straggling survivors over in Lordaeron? I am not sure...

Notice... the question mark...

Plus I don't really follow the WoW lore... most likely due to the fact that I stopped playing it a few months after it came out.

Level 8
Yeah, it got completely raped by the Legion, Ironforge almost got wiped out by that demon guy, and the dark gods are now starting to infest the dwarven tunnels... capitals infested by Forsaken, who are not really good guys, the rest is populated by rouge Scourge and Legion remnants. Stormwind is like the last baiston of defense...

What Demon destroyed Ironforge? Ironforge is actually very well protected they have Gnomes and Dwarves. Brawn and Brain. Stormwind is the most protected Alliance City though. Darnausass (I'm not sure how to spell it) is small and not very well protected. The Ancient Protectors are the most powerful guards but there aren't very many of them.

Level 15
Blizzard didn't make the Dwarf campaign.

Ragnaros didn't destroy Ironforge. The Dark Irons summoned him at Blackrock Mountain when they were losing the War of the Three Hammers. He ultimately enslaved them.

All this information is available on the web, so how'd you get it all messed up in your heads?

Level 25
Well Blizzard did a little side called the Dwarf Campaign.... go google it

Um... That's not by Blizzard, though I'm pretty sure it's creator would thank you for saying his work is Blizzard quality

The Alliance is fine. The humans have had some setbacks, along with the gnomes, but the Dwarves and Night Elves are fine. Draenei are questionably okay, but they've got heaps of forces on Outland

Status
Not open for further replies.