• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

What will happen to Arthas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 23
Rather strange. Well novel writers arent exactly very good in lore.

Nathrezim(Dreadlords) are scouts and necromancers of the Scourge, adepts of assasinations and infiltration.

Tothrezim are their "cousins" who are weaker but have a great interest in trade. They are creators of infernals and can sell them to anyone. They are interested in prescous metals, gems and artifacts. They are good scientists and craftsman.

Level 18
Nathrezim(Dreadlords) are scouts and necromancers of the Scourge, adepts of assasinations and infiltration.

Of the Scourge? I believe you mean the Burning Legion. Assassinations? No, the dreadlords would not bother with such lowly tasks. They'd send their minions. Machinations, on the other hand...

Anyway, I'm getting way off-topic. It is written that the Nathrezim forged Frostmourne, but I think they had it forged. By the Tothrezim of course. I only wonder why there was a goat's skull on its shaft.

Level 18
I know goats are pure evil, but where did the Nathrezim see a goat in the Twisting Nether?

Or did they invade Azeroth 10 thousand years ago and say "Oh, what a nice animal, let's make a badass sword with a handle looking like its skull"?

Just thought about it and it seems hilarious.

Level 11
I know, but I just made a point. I mean mountain king is short same as riflemen. And archmage is small sized too (if we look at just the human body).

If they did it in War3, why complain about it in WoW.

Level 11
And if you were to kill a guy sized of an ant, and a guy sized of a building, I would definitely feel better after killing the building guy.

I mean whats the point of raid if you are to kill some short gnome. You can do it your self with no trouble at all.

Here is something really intriguing from MMO-Champion...

It seems the general consensus among the forums is that this cinematic was disappointing, anti-climactic, and lacking a true purpose. I won't lie, at first glance I thought that to, but through watching the video enough times, and analyzing it extensively, I would like to share my thoughts on the subject. I will break down the video into significant parts, and elaborate on them
  • First: King Terenas Menthil II. Okay, understandable. First Uther appeared, now Arthas' own father. There to say I told you so. But it's not really his father. In the Halls of Reflection, Uther's ghost presents to us this BRAND NEW and UNHEARD OF fact...That there must ALWAYS BE A LICH KING. Okay, dead-man's trigger. Clever Blizz. But that wasn't the purpose. NER'ZHUL. The grand warlock. The cunning orc who out smarted the entirety of the Burning Legion. The driving force behind Arthas' corruption into the Lich King. He made Uther appear to us. he gave us the idea of a new Lich King. Why? Arthas was turning against him. He was weak. His corruption had been lengthy, and he was still in society throughout it all. He wasn't broken well enough. And he had turned. Ner'zhul knew he must get rid of his conduit, and he also knew he'd need another. So here comes the idea: Tell the future King Slayers that they must find another soul to be damned to be the "Jailer of the Damned". Now it's Terenas. Listen closely. He has a double voice. Hmmm...Someone else had a double voice this entire expansion. Ner'zhul summoned this ghost, and used it to further lure Tiron into believing he must find a new Lich King, that the rule should not and could not be destroyed. That the cycle cannot (or is it really must not?) end.

• Second: Tirion Fordring holding the helm of the Lich King. Now it may seem logical, even righteous and selfless for him to want to take the "burden" of being the Lich King. But listen carefully to his tone, and especially his word choice. "The weight of such a burden...it MUST be mine." Must. Seems like an okay word, maybe a bit strong, but we'll let it slide. But he emphasizes it so much. It's a inflection which makes us believe he craves it. And to reinforce this, it shows his reflection in the helm. But two of them. This is to communicate to us that our champion of the Light is, in fact, being corrupted just by holding the crown. Subtle, but nonetheless there.

• Third Fiery, ugly, forceful Bolvar Fordragon. He is riddled with subtle queues as to what is really going on. First, his voice. Even while his "normal" form, he has a double voice, the second being subtle, but there. Perhaps Ner'zhul again? Yes. Where Ner'zhul failed with the corruption of Arthas, he would not fail with this Paladin of the Light. He broke Bolvar DIRECTLY. He made sure that there would be no vestige of whom he used to be left. He had him purged by the Dragon's Flame. Why? So he would be stronger than Arthas. Immune to even more powers that might be stacked against him; the great Aspects.
A major thing that implies to us that Bolvar is not the same (despite his overwhelming contempt in his voice) is that he says "the world of the living can no longer comfort me". He wants Tirion to believe he understands his fate, but really, he has known his fate, and he knows he is not meant to be anything other than the Lich King. Another intriguing case of word choice; instead of asking Tirion to give him the helm, Bolvar says "place the crown upon my head". Okay, why not put it on himself? Because, kings NEVER put on there own crown when being inducted into kingship. And guess what? This is Bolvar's induction into kingship. He demands Tiron give place the crown upon his head, getting even more forceful. Why? Because if he doesn't get this crown..well then his motives become known. And as he states, the crown is his. His "last act of service" (as Bolvar) isn't really a service to the people of Azeroth. During the kinging process, Bolvar tells Tirion he MUST be forgotten, claiming its for the good of the people. But what if it's a cover, what if he needs time to rebuild the kingdom of the damned? To raise more armies? To use his new powers as the Lich King? All an elaborate (and well crafted) cover.

• Fourth: Bolvar, the new Lich King. MAJOR voice change. The second voice is noticeable. It's no longer being hidden. He tells Tirion to say that the Lich King AND Bolvar died there. Because Bolvar is dead. No longer is the benevolent, righteous, strong herald of the Light in existence. He has been corrupted into Ner'zhul's champion, into the perfect Lich King.
And at the end, the biggest part of the WHOLE ENTIRE CINEMATIC. "Leave this place and never return". Cool ending line. But listen. Where is Bolvar's voice? Who's voice is that? Is that...and orc? Ner'zhul has achieved complete control over a new conduit. His power is complete once more.

If an unannounced patch 3.4 pops up, then I'll be shitting my pants.

Level 23
Intriguing... I also thought a lot about Nerzhul, and his new powers.
But your ideas... they are actually almost proving that it is all set up. And your reasons are understandble.

However it might be easier. Nerzhul might easily defeat Bolvar and become the one true king.

Level 15

It seems the general consensus among the forums is that this cinematic was disappointing, anti-climactic, and lacking a true purpose. I won't lie, at first glance I thought that to, but through watching the video enough times, and analyzing it extensively, I would like to share my thoughts on the subject. I will break down the video into significant parts, and elaborate on them
  • First: King Terenas Menthil II. Okay, understandable. First Uther appeared, now Arthas' own father. There to say I told you so. But it's not really his father. In the Halls of Reflection, Uther's ghost presents to us this BRAND NEW and UNHEARD OF fact...That there must ALWAYS BE A LICH KING. Okay, dead-man's trigger. Clever Blizz. But that wasn't the purpose. NER'ZHUL. The grand warlock. The cunning orc who out smarted the entirety of the Burning Legion. The driving force behind Arthas' corruption into the Lich King. He made Uther appear to us. he gave us the idea of a new Lich King. Why? Arthas was turning against him. He was weak. His corruption had been lengthy, and he was still in society throughout it all. He wasn't broken well enough. And he had turned. Ner'zhul knew he must get rid of his conduit, and he also knew he'd need another. So here comes the idea: Tell the future King Slayers that they must find another soul to be damned to be the "Jailer of the Damned". Now it's Terenas. Listen closely. He has a double voice. Hmmm...Someone else had a double voice this entire expansion. Ner'zhul summoned this ghost, and used it to further lure Tiron into believing he must find a new Lich King, that the rule should not and could not be destroyed. That the cycle cannot (or is it really must not?) end.

• Second: Tirion Fordring holding the helm of the Lich King. Now it may seem logical, even righteous and selfless for him to want to take the "burden" of being the Lich King. But listen carefully to his tone, and especially his word choice. "The weight of such a burden...it MUST be mine." Must. Seems like an okay word, maybe a bit strong, but we'll let it slide. But he emphasizes it so much. It's a inflection which makes us believe he craves it. And to reinforce this, it shows his reflection in the helm. But two of them. This is to communicate to us that our champion of the Light is, in fact, being corrupted just by holding the crown. Subtle, but nonetheless there.

• Third Fiery, ugly, forceful Bolvar Fordragon. He is riddled with subtle queues as to what is really going on. First, his voice. Even while his "normal" form, he has a double voice, the second being subtle, but there. Perhaps Ner'zhul again? Yes. Where Ner'zhul failed with the corruption of Arthas, he would not fail with this Paladin of the Light. He broke Bolvar DIRECTLY. He made sure that there would be no vestige of whom he used to be left. He had him purged by the Dragon's Flame. Why? So he would be stronger than Arthas. Immune to even more powers that might be stacked against him; the great Aspects.
A major thing that implies to us that Bolvar is not the same (despite his overwhelming contempt in his voice) is that he says "the world of the living can no longer comfort me". He wants Tirion to believe he understands his fate, but really, he has known his fate, and he knows he is not meant to be anything other than the Lich King. Another intriguing case of word choice; instead of asking Tirion to give him the helm, Bolvar says "place the crown upon my head". Okay, why not put it on himself? Because, kings NEVER put on there own crown when being inducted into kingship. And guess what? This is Bolvar's induction into kingship. He demands Tiron give place the crown upon his head, getting even more forceful. Why? Because if he doesn't get this crown..well then his motives become known. And as he states, the crown is his. His "last act of service" (as Bolvar) isn't really a service to the people of Azeroth. During the kinging process, Bolvar tells Tirion he MUST be forgotten, claiming its for the good of the people. But what if it's a cover, what if he needs time to rebuild the kingdom of the damned? To raise more armies? To use his new powers as the Lich King? All an elaborate (and well crafted) cover.

• Fourth: Bolvar, the new Lich King. MAJOR voice change. The second voice is noticeable. It's no longer being hidden. He tells Tirion to say that the Lich King AND Bolvar died there. Because Bolvar is dead. No longer is the benevolent, righteous, strong herald of the Light in existence. He has been corrupted into Ner'zhul's champion, into the perfect Lich King.
And at the end, the biggest part of the WHOLE ENTIRE CINEMATIC. "Leave this place and never return". Cool ending line. But listen. Where is Bolvar's voice? Who's voice is that? Is that...and orc? Ner'zhul has achieved complete control over a new conduit. His power is complete once more.

that would totally shut up all those people who said the cinematic sucked, and blizzard writers would get a freaking award.

/tinfoilhat

Level 14

As interesting as it sounds, you can hardly count on this information being true. Mostly because...Blizzard just told us numerous and countless times....that The Lich King is neither Arthas, or Ner'zhul but a new entety.
Only to release a book, make some quests and BAM - The Lich King is not a new entety but Arthas.
With Blizzard you aren't certain of anything.
That guess from MMO-Champion....is just a guess. It will happen only if Blizzard will need and want it. It might aswell happen like that, or not. And even if it does, it's pure coincidence.
I believe, if a 3.4 will appear it will be mostly because they somewhere failed (again) and more content needs to be out. If the 3.4 will have that excuse from MMO-Champion, than blizzard just got a free usable idea :]

Level 11
I beleive that they will bring Bolvar sometime in the cataclysm perhaps. But I think even more that blizzard will have a 3.4 just because they released 3.3 way too early. They still have a long time before cataclysm is supposed to come out. Just as Sunwell was not supposed to come out but did because they released BT too early, I beleive they will release a 3.4 because they released 3.3 to early.

Hey! I'm guessing Bolvar still exists somewhere deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep within the Lich King's consciousness. Maybe you haven't looked clean enough at the facts. Maybe Blizzard wasn't lying when they said it was just arthas,but maybe, just maybe, consciousness never disapears... Maybe that's what this thing is about. As for Blizzard I think when they said the Lich King was all their was, they were flavor loreing it right to the bank. Can't beat the bitter-sour taste of flavor lore!

Level 3
this is the real story what will happend

Lich king will die and Bolvar will be the new lich king
Q: Who is Bolvar?
A: Bolvar was a warrior Human first but some dragons flamed him up to this guy
and he will become the new lich King
bolvar.jpg

Level 2
It is all a part of Blizzard's brilliant plot plan. In WC 4(or another wow Expansion-.-) the plot will be that Ner'zhul actually is alive and he corrupted Bolvar Fordragon. After all he is in the Helmet and he could see the future, he saw that Frostmourne would clash with the Ashbringer:)

Level 18
What makes you so sure that he knew Frostmourne will be shattered by Ashbringer?

It's depicted in a vision that Arthas had shortly before awakening at the beginning ow WotLK.

Arthas: Rise of the Lich King said:
Frostmourne. This at least he knew, and intimately. The sword whirled end over end, as if Arthas has tossed it into the air. A second sword rose to meet it—long, inelegant but powerful, with the symbol of a skull embedded in its fearsome blade. A name—“Ashbringer,” a sword and yet more than a sword, as was Frostmourne. The two clashed—

Well, Ner'zhul's spirit was likely destroyed by Arthas at that same time (when the Lich King arose as a single being):

Arthas: Rise of the Lich King said:
“We are one, Arthas. Together, we are the Lich King. No more Ner’zhul, no more Arthas—only this one glorious being. With my knowledge, we can—”

His eyes bulged as the sword impaled him.

Arthas stepped forward, plunging the glittering, hungering Frostmourne ever deeper into the dream-being that had once been Ner’zhul, then the Lich King, and was soon to be nothing, nothing at all.

But I think he still lingers in some form.

Disclaimer: I do not own "Arthas: Rise of the Lich King".

Status
Not open for further replies.