1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The poll for Hive's 12th Concept Art Contest is up! Go cast your vote for your favourite genie!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Travel to distant realms and encounter scenes unknown to the common folk. The Greatest of Adventures is upon us with the 8th Cinematic Contest. Join in on a fun ride.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 18th Icon Contest is ON! Choose any ingame unit and give him/her Hero abilities. Good luck to all.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Contestants are to create a scene set in the Stone Age. Come and see what you can come up with. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Colour outside the lines! Techtree Contest #13 is a go. The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Greetings cerebrates, our Swarm needs new spawners that will have numerous children. Join the HIVE's 31st Modeling Contest - Spawners and Spawned! The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

What scares you?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Deep Sea Kraken, Jan 21, 2009.

1. TheDivineBoss

TheDivineBoss

Resources:
    Resources:
    I fear the smell of poo, how about that?

2. Tyranid

Tyranid

Resources:
    Resources:
    Well, when I was little I was REALLY scared of the Groke in Moomins.

YouTube - Muumilaakson Tarinoita - Mörkö
    The video is in finnish, mostly because I like the Groke's voice the most in Finnish.

I'm not scared of it anymore, but it's fun to look back and remember how scared I was of it when I was little.

Also more different fears of mine are:
    1. Dark Forests, althought I'm capable of walking through one.
    2. Open closets at night. I simply can't sleep if one of my closets is open when I go to bed.
    3. Going to sleep while hungry. Yeah this sounds STRANGE, but unfortunately I'm horrified of it. It pretty much started when I was staying at my father and I pretty much went to bed really hungry each night. I HAD eaten but apparently I hadn't eaten enough. I couldn't go grab bread or anything either because my granny (whenever I went to my father we went to my Granny's house) was asleep and I would wake her up (she liked to shout, now she is dead).
    Althought now I can go to bed with a little hunger, but if I'm starving I got to eat!

3. ady_illidan

ady_illidan

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    This guy scares me...
    The man-eating trojan!!!
    [​IMG]

I can hardly get scared.
    Oh, has someone saw an emo cutting himself? That's my nightmare! :|

4. Wolle

Wolle

Resources:
    Resources:
    The eyes! They are horrible!

When i was little i had this rather odd fear. I feared church bells, seriusly the sound of one was enough to make me cry.
    But the only thing i really fear these days is waking up, not being able to move a single muscle, but still being able to hear and feel everything. Kinda like the guy from the music video for One by Metallica.

5. Tyranid

Tyranid

Resources:
    Resources:
    You know, I actually suffered something like that when I was kid. I don't remember the name of the condition, but it's like... being asleep and completely awake at the same time. In otherwise I was completely aware of the situation but I could not MOVE. However it either lasted for a really short time or it went away quickly since I fell asleep after it and woke up normally.

And no, it wasn't a dream, I really couldn't move.

6. X.e.r.e.X

X.e.r.e.X

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Clowns....

End of story

7. Hakeem

Hakeem

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    My only fear I know of right now is divulging my deepest secret.

But before I came to a stunning realization, I feared the basic stuff: spiders, nonexistence, undesirable changes to my anatomy, girls...

8. Kuhneghetz

Kuhneghetz

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Things that freaks me out.

- The unknown (Life after death, Paranormal activities, The future etc)
    - Those creepy girls from Grudge and F.E.A.R.
    - When large insects (or a whole mass of insects) crawl on me. Icky, gross!
    - Looking at a mirror in the dark.

Things that did freaked me out in my early childhood.

- Stay Puft the Marshmallow Man (Despite his smile, he was fucking huge and smashed everything and had a monstrous roar. And that tension music used for him made it worse for me)
    - Surrealistic monsters which sometimes appeared when I got nightmares. (Those creatures were just bizarre in every way, some looked similar like this, this, this, this and this for instance. Thank god they were gone when I became older, though who knows when they might will return, or maybe they will lurk in another person's nightmare)

9. En_Fuego

En_Fuego

Resources:
    Resources:
    I'm afraid of the videos with Hitler in them where he narrates in German. Even though it's someone else...they're so ominous.

10. Deep Sea Kraken

Deep Sea Kraken

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    This thing happened to me once, I can't tell if it was a dream or not, but I couldn't open my eyes after I woke up. I was having this dream about w/e, closed my eyes then I couldn't open them for several minutes.

The other thing that creeps me out is Micheal Jackson. He's creepy.

Pumpkin Head really isn't effective in still photos, but if you watch the entire movie its freaky as hell. It also isn't a long film, only a little over an hour. They also made like 3 sequels or something.

Here are some clips from the movie: YouTube - Pumpkinhead: Trailer 1 (Early) (1st trailer) YouTube - Pumpkinhead: Trailer 2 (VHS) (2nd trailer) YouTube - Pumpkinhead 1988 Part 1 of 10 (watch all of the 10 parts if you want)

11. Nbah

Nbah

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    The One thing that scared my through my whole childhood and still I do think of it and get scared: Clive Barker's Undying. In my opinion, one of the best horror game's ever. PLAY IT. YOU HAVE TO!

Attached Files:

12. HiTch

HiTch

Resources:
    Resources:
    YES!YES!:sad:
    I did experience that not once but many times. really scary! The feeling is unexplainable once your in that trance.

Spiders? I love the small ones. But i don't like the big ones. I don't fear them i just don't like big spiders because they keep getting in our house almost everyday. And i have to smash those fast moving things.:gg:

13. Chaoslord5

Chaoslord5

Resources:
    Resources:
    Ahh... I hate spiders >> Actually I don't like a large variety of bugs, Bees/wasps, spiders, Wetas.

14. InfiniteSeven

InfiniteSeven

Resources:
    Resources:
    Creepy indeed.

What?

That last pic... dear God... Totoro, what have they done to you?!

15. terradont

terradont

Resources:
    Icons:
    Template:
    Resources:
    About looking in mirrors when it's dark, there are lots of urban legends. I can bring up a few.

You will see the dark side of yourself.

You will see Satan.

You will see a creature of the dark that is so deformed that you will go insane(and i mean lying on the floor, speaking jidderish forever).

You will be killed and dragged into the mirror, haunting everyone else that dares look into the mirror during night-time.

I believe there was a horror movie based on it a while ago.

16. Kuhneghetz

Kuhneghetz

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    And then we have the Black Madame myth, though is mostly known only in Sweden, I guess.

You're in a dark room, standing in front of the mirror and say "Black Madame, Black Madame, show yourself" or something, and later you'll notice something in the mirror that can freak you out (or nothing if you are too sceptical).
    I haven't tried it and I won't try it.

I don't like looking at mirrors in the dark because of some rumors (and in some horror movies) that darkness can reveal reflections of unknown energies, yet they are not showing themselves outside the mirror (IRL that is).

17. Tyranid

Tyranid

Resources:
    Resources:
    I've looked at mirrors in pitch black, at midnight when it's dark but I can still see, just in darkness and I have NEVER seen anything out of the ordinary.

18. terradont

terradont

Resources:
    Icons:
    Template:
    Resources:
    yeah, forgot that one.

It's just rumors, but if something's scary in horror movies, it's things like mirrors.

19. ady_illidan

ady_illidan

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I've heard about this one.
    Only if you look at 00:00 in the mirror. Has anyone saw him? :p

By who? This sounds a bit too silly... :D

20. terradont

terradont

Resources:
    Icons:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Obvoiusly by someone that have been dragged into it before, who is now haunting the mirrors.:mwahaha:
    I know, it's silly. But that one is pretty old.

I just love the occult :wink: