• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Scariest game you've ever played?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
I'm just curious to know which games you've played are the scariest for you, and why.

I haven't really played many horror-shooter games except for Doom 3 (if you can call it a "horror shooter"), Resident Evil 4 (the combat felt clunky and slow. Probably because it is...), and F.E.A.R. 2. Out of those 3, I'd have to say F.E.A.R. 2 is DEFINITELY the scariest game I've ever seen or played. The music, atmosphere, and the immersion factor (especially when played at night with a headset) made encounters with monsters, ghosts, and especially Alma VERY frightening. And for me, that's saying something, considering how I don't find horror movies scary (sometimes maybe disgusting, but not scary), or how I am generally not scared of things people would normally be scared of. I felt my heart-rate skyrocket on more than just one occasion while playing F.E.A.R. 2. Genuinely creepy game.

Level 13
i really dont have 1 but Fear was a ok horror game but thats all i got since i dont really get scared from game's is all

Level 10
Silent Hill for the Playstation

that shit was scary back in the day. Not only did I have nightmares but a friend of mine and I had a fairly frightening encounter right after we played it. While I was walking him home there was thick fog, the street was abandoned and the only sound that was heard was our footsteps. As we walked further down the street we heard the whimper of a dog, and once we got close it barked like crazy!

In case you haven't played it, that's almost exactly how Silent Hill starts off, and I can tell you that's a day I'll never forget.

Level 13
lol did you have fucked up dreams for awhile lol thought iv only played demo of silent hill it did have creepy moments but it wasnt that fun of a game for me lol.

Level 17
Scariest game I played was actually some hotel horror game/viral video made by Doritos as a promotion. Hotel 666 or something (forgot the name, dunno if it's still up.)

I don't care what you guys say, that game scared the fucking balls out of me. It beat any fully retail horror game in terms of scaring the fuck out of me, lol.

Edit: Found it= http://www.hotel626.com/

Lights off, volume up, enjoy. lol (You don't need a webcam to play, it's optional for the "Your face after your scared" thing)

Level 21
Resident Evil when I was younger by the age of eight.
Now not sure what game, but Resident Evil still creeps me out, but not as much when I was a kid.

Level 15
Resident Evil when I was younger by the age of eight.
Now not sure what game, but Resident Evil still creeps me out, but not as much when I was a kid.
I agree 100%, except I think it was Resident Evil 2 that creeped me out while I was watching my older cousin play. It was the one where you explore the streets of a ruined city.

Level 34
Thanks for complying.

Complying is a funny word. I don't think I've ever used it before.

Level 6
F.E.A.R 2,with sound on and lights turned off.Try to play it like that for atleast 10 mnts and alone.

You will learn what is fear in these few mnts ;d.

Level 15
I just found the scariest game ever.

Dead Space. I literally was twitching in fear while playing this game. The way the necromorphs just pop out of nowhere, how every time you think they're dead they get up and attack you... God. And don't forget the horrifying atmosphere and music! You can never tell if a noise you hear is from the background music or a necromorph that is creeping about.

Level 4
Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem.

Notable Mentions:

pcg_call_of_cthulhu_dark_corners_of_the_earth.jpg

call_of_cthulhu_dark_corner.jpg

Exmortis 1 + 2
pt_5200.jpeg

78-1.jpg

scariest game I've ever played has to be the afraid of monsters mod for the original half life

you'll need half life and steam to play it but here is the link:

http://www.moddb.com/mods/afraid-of-monsters

Gunna give this a try.

Level 15
I just found the scariest game ever.

Dead Space. I literally was twitching in fear while playing this game. The way the necromorphs just pop out of nowhere, how every time you think they're dead they get up and attack you... God. And don't forget the horrifying atmosphere and music! You can never tell if a noise you hear is from the background music or a necromorph that is creeping about.

Nobody's mentioned dead space???

I thought that game was really scary. I have FEAR 2, it was a bit scarier though.
Yeah.

Level 34
When I was a kid, I always found Alone in the Dark: New Nightmare scary.

These days only sudden appearances of enemies and objects scare me. For example those weird guinea pigs guys in FEAR 2 who often appeared/disappeared.

Alone in the Dark - New Nightmare: Screamer-styled flashes can be freaky too.

Penumbra Overture: Having a working flashlight that suddenly stopped working in a hall where the lights went off is also pretty damn scary. See the end of the game. Don't watch it on youtube since it lacks HD, play the game instead.

Old horror games: Despite their 'simple graphics, system and engine', these games still could CREEP THE FUCK OUT OF YOU.

Simple ones like: Condemned series, simple, good graphics and crazy mannequins.

Etc.

Level 7
The only game that really scared me was Silent Hill like someone said before. Not really the other one as much as the original. What makes that game scary is the lack of vision in the game and the anticipation for something that only comes when you arent expecting it. Camreas angles helped too. GREAT GAME IMO

Level 4
Despite the crazy assed bloddy nature of condemed, the moments before a blood bath and the creepy ass music (especially in the first one) and faint noises adds the most suspense ive ever felt. Silent Hill.... i dont scare easy but i might just shit myelf while playing. honestly, ive never played horror games other than condemned or bioshock, which is creepy in an old style way. play it now... its fucked up o_O

Level 7
Out of all the horror games I have ever played, the most scariest would have to be Fatal Frame (any of the three of the Fatal Frame trilogy). Fatal Frame is a horror-type game in which you have to escape from a house haunted by ghosts. Cliche? Not at all. The sound effects, visual effects and sheer atmosphere when you play the game is more than enough to not only send tingling shivers up your spine but it even made me refuse to play it with no light on.
In my opinion, FEAR 2 comes a close second, but, in the end, Fatal Frame crept me out more.

Status
Not open for further replies.