1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The poll for Hive's 12th Concept Art Contest is up! Go cast your vote for your favourite genie!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Travel to distant realms and encounter scenes unknown to the common folk. The Greatest of Adventures is upon us with the 8th Cinematic Contest. Join in on a fun ride.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 18th Icon Contest is ON! Choose any ingame unit and give him/her Hero abilities. Good luck to all.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Contestants are to create a scene set in the Stone Age. Come and see what you can come up with. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Colour outside the lines! Techtree Contest #13 is a go. The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Greetings cerebrates, our Swarm needs new spawners that will have numerous children. Join the HIVE's 31st Modeling Contest - Spawners and Spawned! The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

What scares you?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Deep Sea Kraken, Jan 21, 2009.

1. Deep Sea Kraken

Deep Sea Kraken

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Ok, in this you can post what scares you, scariest thing you've ever seen, etc.

Personally, there aren't many things that scare me anymore.

The scariest picture I have ever seen is this:
    End of the World

[​IMG]

This claims to be a non-edited photo of an actual volcanic eruption in Chile (I think), but even if it is photoshopped it's pretty frikken scary.

The over-all most frightening thing I've seen would have to be this:

Pumpkin Head Monster
    [​IMG]

Its the monster in the film Pumpkin Head, which is about a man who summons the demon (Pumpkin Head) which is vengeance incarnate. I can't really say why, but this is the only movie-monster that still has the capacity to creep me out and sumtimes scare me (depending how tired I am when I watch the movie)

@ posting images or a lot of story information.

Please use hidden tags on images (to help keep from an epicly huge thread)

And if your posting a lot of revealing information about a story please use spoiler tags.

2. Artins the Great

Artins the Great

Resources:
    Resources:
    I don't get the first one, but second one, now that's something to look at.

3. Thorneon

Thorneon

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    The only thing in life I am afraid of is spiders. Thats it. PERIOD. I climbed a 300 foot tall tree, nothing, I swam with a shark, nothing, but spiders turn me into a little girl.

4. TheDivineBoss

TheDivineBoss

Resources:
    Resources:
    I think it's a volcano and the ash from it is made static by lightning.

Shocking aint it?

- - -

The terrified thing I ever saw is when I was 12 y/o and watched some horror movie where a piano string whipped in the woman's face.

It scared me D:

Wanna bet Elenai is going to say something that involves girls, romance and too expensive words?

5. InfiniteSeven

InfiniteSeven

Resources:
    Resources:
    Spiders? Really? I deal with spiders often. I remember there was about 8 redbacks in my backyard, all of which are dead. 3 Of which would've wished they didn't try to bite me, they had a terrible death. Aside from that, I've faced a lot of Huntsman spiders, I don't deal with some of them considering they catch flies for me.

Favourite time I killed a few spiders was when I vacuumed one that was on the door, and I then vacuumed the one on the ceiling...

Anyway, I wouldn't know what scares me a lot. I remember when I encountered a goanna it wasn't nice since it kinda fell off a tree beside me and started hissing at me.

6. bounty hunter2

bounty hunter2

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Pumpkin guy is scary indeed, the storm is epic, but not scary, breathtaking. What I am scared off? One thing, spiders... and don't go lol on me as this is one of the the most common fears of a human being.

Other stuff I can handle, but spiders... no

7. The_Silent

The_Silent

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    A little sadistic when it comes to spiders?

8. InfiniteSeven

InfiniteSeven

Resources:
    Resources:
    Well yeah a lot of it was due to my sadism. Well, except for those 2 Huntsman that I vacuumed... that was just for convenience since I was actually vacuuming the house at the time.

9. The_Silent

The_Silent

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    And i thought I was evil...

Anyway i fear you :razz:

10. terradont

terradont

Resources:
    Icons:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Small staring white-skinned girls with long black hair.

That, and Hasselhoff. -_-''

11. Deep Sea Kraken

Deep Sea Kraken

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    I dislike spiders and other things that crawl, but I'm not afraid of them.

12. Avex

Avex

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Agreed, I dislike spiders, but im not 100% afraid of them, unless they sneak up on me, I was playing Zombie Mode on CoD5, turned to get my soda and saw a huge spider right there, couldn't find anything to smash it with so I used the Wii Box.

I wasn't succesful, then I woke up the next morning with a bite on my d*ck. >.>

13. Callahan

Callahan

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    When someone says 'BOO!'

14. Japut3h

Japut3h

Resources:
    Resources:
    Bah, I said this about 10 times by now. I could be best friends with a giant spider, and probably would dive in a pool of tarantulas if somebody guaranteed me that I wouldn't get any bites, but I can't force myself to touch a moth. Even looking at a moth makes me shiver. No idea why.

15. CloudWolf

CloudWolf

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Ladies and gentlemen... behold the most scary being in the world.... :(

Dont open it :O Shield your eyes!

[​IMG]

Theres just something about that wonderful smile that says "Im going to kill you, and maybe rape you afterwards" and I just cant stand it :S

16. Septimus

Septimus

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    No food is the scariest part for me.

17. TheDivineBoss

TheDivineBoss

Resources:
    Resources:
    Squeeky plastic foam </3

18. AirHead

AirHead

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Well, I have a couple.

1: Sharks -I actually almost got bit by a wild one, once.
    2: When things sneak up on me -Anything at all like humans, spiders, Mothra, et cetera.
    3: Falling -Not heights, heights are one of my favorite things (especially in precarious positions) but the feeling of falling makes me scared to no end (like on roller costers and such).
    4: Waking to a dark figure -This has actually happened more times than you would think, once at a relatives house once at home and many more that i don't care to remember.
    5: Aliens -Not anymore! When i was young I watched the movie Signs (Mel Gibson) and i became afraid of aliens for about a year.

Spiders are fine to me, as long as they don't sneak up on me.
    I don't fear the end of food/water supply, for I believe that God will provide for me whatever I need, unless of course he wants me to go to heaven with him, although I know many of you don't believe in God and don't share this thought.
    That storm this was awesome (by the real definition) with the lightning and stuff, if I were inside it I would be scared as hell though.
    White skinned black haired girls?
    Pumpkin head gut is too fake looking, if he were in real life I would be scared though.

This is not the kind of fear you mean, but I am afraid that people will underestimate me and I will fall do to the failure of the acceptance of my ability.

EDIT: That pink thing looks like Mr. Bingle in retarded pink mode!

19. CloudWolf

CloudWolf

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    oooh yea :S I cant stand that stuff either :)

20. shadow3

shadow3

Resources:
    Resources:
    The unknown.

Really I'm surprised everyone's like, "I fear this and that" and nothing abstract :p