• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

What scares you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, in this you can post what scares you, scariest thing you've ever seen, etc.

Personally, there aren't many things that scare me anymore.

The scariest picture I have ever seen is this:

EndoftheWorld.jpg

This claims to be a non-edited photo of an actual volcanic eruption in Chile (I think), but even if it is photoshopped it's pretty frikken scary.

The over-all most frightening thing I've seen would have to be this:

PunpinHead.jpg

Its the monster in the film Pumpkin Head, which is about a man who summons the demon (Pumpkin Head) which is vengeance incarnate. I can't really say why, but this is the only movie-monster that still has the capacity to creep me out and sumtimes scare me (depending how tired I am when I watch the movie)

@ posting images or a lot of story information.

Please use hidden tags on images (to help keep from an epicly huge thread)

And if your posting a lot of revealing information about a story please use spoiler tags.

Level 34
I don't get the first one, but second one, now that's something to look at.

I think it's a volcano and the ash from it is made static by lightning.

Shocking aint it?

- - -

The terrified thing I ever saw is when I was 12 y/o and watched some horror movie where a piano string whipped in the woman's face.

It scared me D:

Wanna bet Elenai is going to say something that involves girls, romance and too expensive words?

Level 12
The only thing in life I am afraid of is spiders. Thats it. PERIOD. I climbed a 300 foot tall tree, nothing, I swam with a shark, nothing, but spiders turn me into a little girl.

Spiders? Really? I deal with spiders often. I remember there was about 8 redbacks in my backyard, all of which are dead. 3 Of which would've wished they didn't try to bite me, they had a terrible death. Aside from that, I've faced a lot of Huntsman spiders, I don't deal with some of them considering they catch flies for me.

Favourite time I killed a few spiders was when I vacuumed one that was on the door, and I then vacuumed the one on the ceiling...

Anyway, I wouldn't know what scares me a lot. I remember when I encountered a goanna it wasn't nice since it kinda fell off a tree beside me and started hissing at me.

Spiders? Really? I deal with spiders often. I remember there was about 8 redbacks in my backyard, all of which are dead. 3 Of which would've wished they didn't try to bite me, they had a terrible death. Aside from that, I've faced a lot of Huntsman spiders, I don't deal with some of them considering they catch flies for me.

Favourite time I killed a few spiders was when I vacuumed one that was on the door, and I then vacuumed the one on the ceiling...

Anyway, I wouldn't know what scares me a lot. I remember when I encountered a goanna it wasn't nice since it kinda fell off a tree beside me and started hissing at me.

A little sadistic when it comes to spiders?

Level 18
Agreed, I dislike spiders, but im not 100% afraid of them, unless they sneak up on me, I was playing Zombie Mode on CoD5, turned to get my soda and saw a huge spider right there, couldn't find anything to smash it with so I used the Wii Box.

I wasn't succesful, then I woke up the next morning with a bite on my d*ck. >.>

Level 12
Bah, I said this about 10 times by now. I could be best friends with a giant spider, and probably would dive in a pool of tarantulas if somebody guaranteed me that I wouldn't get any bites, but I can't force myself to touch a moth. Even looking at a moth makes me shiver. No idea why.

Level 9
Well, I have a couple.

1: Sharks -I actually almost got bit by a wild one, once.
2: When things sneak up on me -Anything at all like humans, spiders, Mothra, et cetera.
3: Falling -Not heights, heights are one of my favorite things (especially in precarious positions) but the feeling of falling makes me scared to no end (like on roller costers and such).
4: Waking to a dark figure -This has actually happened more times than you would think, once at a relatives house once at home and many more that i don't care to remember.
5: Aliens -Not anymore! When i was young I watched the movie Signs (Mel Gibson) and i became afraid of aliens for about a year.

Spiders are fine to me, as long as they don't sneak up on me.
I don't fear the end of food/water supply, for I believe that God will provide for me whatever I need, unless of course he wants me to go to heaven with him, although I know many of you don't believe in God and don't share this thought.
That storm this was awesome (by the real definition) with the lightning and stuff, if I were inside it I would be scared as hell though.
White skinned black haired girls?
Pumpkin head gut is too fake looking, if he were in real life I would be scared though.

This is not the kind of fear you mean, but I am afraid that people will underestimate me and I will fall do to the failure of the acceptance of my ability.

EDIT: That pink thing looks like Mr. Bingle in retarded pink mode!

Level 13
Well, when I was little I was REALLY scared of the Groke in Moomins.

YouTube - Muumilaakson Tarinoita - Mörkö
The video is in finnish, mostly because I like the Groke's voice the most in Finnish.

I'm not scared of it anymore, but it's fun to look back and remember how scared I was of it when I was little.

Also more different fears of mine are:
1. Dark Forests, althought I'm capable of walking through one.
2. Open closets at night. I simply can't sleep if one of my closets is open when I go to bed.
3. Going to sleep while hungry. Yeah this sounds STRANGE, but unfortunately I'm horrified of it. It pretty much started when I was staying at my father and I pretty much went to bed really hungry each night. I HAD eaten but apparently I hadn't eaten enough. I couldn't go grab bread or anything either because my granny (whenever I went to my father we went to my Granny's house) was asleep and I would wake her up (she liked to shout, now she is dead).
Althought now I can go to bed with a little hunger, but if I'm starving I got to eat!

Level 5
The eyes! They are horrible!

When i was little i had this rather odd fear. I feared church bells, seriusly the sound of one was enough to make me cry.
But the only thing i really fear these days is waking up, not being able to move a single muscle, but still being able to hear and feel everything. Kinda like the guy from the music video for One by Metallica.

Level 13
The eyes! They are horrible!

When i was little i had this rather odd fear. I feared church bells, seriusly the sound of one was enough to make me cry.
But the only thing i really fear these days is waking up, not being able to move a single muscle, but still being able to hear and feel everything. Kinda like the guy from the music video for One by Metallica.
You know, I actually suffered something like that when I was kid. I don't remember the name of the condition, but it's like... being asleep and completely awake at the same time. In otherwise I was completely aware of the situation but I could not MOVE. However it either lasted for a really short time or it went away quickly since I fell asleep after it and woke up normally.

And no, it wasn't a dream, I really couldn't move.

Level 27
My only fear I know of right now is divulging my deepest secret.

But before I came to a stunning realization, I feared the basic stuff: spiders, nonexistence, undesirable changes to my anatomy, girls...

Things that freaks me out.

- The unknown (Life after death, Paranormal activities, The future etc)
- Those creepy girls from Grudge and F.E.A.R.
- When large insects (or a whole mass of insects) crawl on me. Icky, gross!
- Looking at a mirror in the dark.

Things that did freaked me out in my early childhood.

- Stay Puft the Marshmallow Man (Despite his smile, he was fucking huge and smashed everything and had a monstrous roar. And that tension music used for him made it worse for me)
- Surrealistic monsters which sometimes appeared when I got nightmares. (Those creatures were just bizarre in every way, some looked similar like this, this, this, this and this for instance. Thank god they were gone when I became older, though who knows when they might will return, or maybe they will lurk in another person's nightmare)

This thing happened to me once, I can't tell if it was a dream or not, but I couldn't open my eyes after I woke up. I was having this dream about w/e, closed my eyes then I couldn't open them for several minutes.

The other thing that creeps me out is Micheal Jackson. He's creepy.

Pumpkin Head really isn't effective in still photos, but if you watch the entire movie its freaky as hell. It also isn't a long film, only a little over an hour. They also made like 3 sequels or something.

Here are some clips from the movie: YouTube - Pumpkinhead: Trailer 1 (Early) (1st trailer) YouTube - Pumpkinhead: Trailer 2 (VHS) (2nd trailer) YouTube - Pumpkinhead 1988 Part 1 of 10 (watch all of the 10 parts if you want)

Level 11
The One thing that scared my through my whole childhood and still I do think of it and get scared: Clive Barker's Undying. In my opinion, one of the best horror game's ever. PLAY IT. YOU HAVE TO!

Attachments

• Undying-2_1024x768.jpg
    Undying-2_1024x768.jpg
    526 KB · Views: 11,480
Level 5
You know, I actually suffered something like that when I was kid. I don't remember the name of the condition, but it's like... being asleep and completely awake at the same time. In otherwise I was completely aware of the situation but I could not MOVE. However it either lasted for a really short time or it went away quickly since I fell asleep after it and woke up normally.

And no, it wasn't a dream, I really couldn't move.

YES!YES!:sad:
I did experience that not once but many times. really scary! The feeling is unexplainable once your in that trance.

Spiders? I love the small ones. But i don't like the big ones. I don't fear them i just don't like big spiders because they keep getting in our house almost everyday. And i have to smash those fast moving things.:gg:

Level 7
Ahh... I hate spiders >> Actually I don't like a large variety of bugs, Bees/wasps, spiders, Wetas.

Level 12
- When large insects (or a whole mass of insects) crawl on me. Icky, gross!

Creepy indeed.

- Looking at a mirror in the dark.

What?

- Surrealistic monsters which sometimes appeared when I got nightmares. (Those creatures were just bizarre in every way, some looked similar like this, this, this, this and this for instance. Thank god they were gone when I became older, though who knows when they might will return, or maybe they will lurk in another person's nightmare)

That last pic... dear God... Totoro, what have they done to you?!

Level 17
About looking in mirrors when it's dark, there are lots of urban legends. I can bring up a few.

You will see the dark side of yourself.

You will see Satan.

You will see a creature of the dark that is so deformed that you will go insane(and i mean lying on the floor, speaking jidderish forever).

You will be killed and dragged into the mirror, haunting everyone else that dares look into the mirror during night-time.

I believe there was a horror movie based on it a while ago.

And then we have the Black Madame myth, though is mostly known only in Sweden, I guess.

You're in a dark room, standing in front of the mirror and say "Black Madame, Black Madame, show yourself" or something, and later you'll notice something in the mirror that can freak you out (or nothing if you are too sceptical).
I haven't tried it and I won't try it.

I don't like looking at mirrors in the dark because of some rumors (and in some horror movies) that darkness can reveal reflections of unknown energies, yet they are not showing themselves outside the mirror (IRL that is).

Level 13
I've looked at mirrors in pitch black, at midnight when it's dark but I can still see, just in darkness and I have NEVER seen anything out of the ordinary.

Level 12
I've heard about this one.
Only if you look at 00:00 in the mirror. Has anyone saw him? :p

By who? This sounds a bit too silly... :D

Well, one of the doors on my wardrobe is a giant mirror and its like, a few meters away from me and at that time, I saw nothing that frightened me. Although it was creepy that a crow landed on my window sill and began to caw (The window is right next to my head and I keep it open).

As for the occult, I have no idea where I stand on that. I find my self skeptical at many points but I don't believe some things are definately able to be just shrugged off and dismissed.

Level 27
I'd perform any and all rituals, but I don't see the need for me to do it. It I were at a large social gathering I would gladly do it, even if it required being in a locked room. Of course then I would have the ultimate leverage to freak everyone out. >:3

Level 12
I'd perform any and all rituals, but I don't see the need for me to do it. It I were at a large social gathering I would gladly do it, even if it required being in a locked room. Of course then I would have the ultimate leverage to freak everyone out. >:3

I think some people would be more than just freaked out if you locked the room and began performing some weird rituals. >_<

Status
Not open for further replies.